It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Patch time?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:49 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

THe problem is the irrelevancy of the class.. I think we've only ever had 2 mystics total on the site.. 1 of them being you. Making it extremely difficult to have any real scenarios in which to consider them broken or not broken. I can take a look at it at some point this weekend and give it a nice little aesthetic reboot and also offer up some suggestions on a new skill that puts it on-par with the rest of the starting classes, if that's what you're talking about.

Stop being the prisoner of your past, become the architect of your future.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:04 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

keep in mind also that the mystic appears to only start with 6 skill points where as every other class starts with 8

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:25 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Honestly it was better before it was made into a milestone system, but now it's just... Irrelevant. I don't see myself ever using it, and I don't see how any other mystic would. At least not in a way that makes it different from an ordinary seal. The distinction is... Lacking. I would rather see something else put in to place, though I'm not sure what.

And I thought we changed it so that mystics start with 8 now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:52 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

it still shows only 6

edit: nevermind i just cant count... im becoming more and more like the ding everyday...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:09 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

I'm not a mod authority but I'll give it a looksie later and rewrie it for appearance and functionality and throw it up for the public to decide.

I was unaware we had given them milestones. that seems... useless.

Stop being the prisoner of your past, become the architect of your future.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:46 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

How about...

Chaining, Mystic Class Skill In addition to being able to use their magic seals on command, some mystics have been able to figure out how to use their delayed action seals in a more dramatic fashion in which the final product of the seals is more potent than the sum of their parts. Chaining is only available with delayed action seals (which are still double cost...as listed before) and the placement of each seal in a given chain still counts as a use of a special, as per the normal rules. All seals in a chain must be placed in consecutive posts, with the mystic declaring that the seal is being used as part of the chain. Once a chain is complete, the mystic must declare that it is and no other seals may be added to it after that point, nor may another chain be started. The limit to the number of seals in a chain is equal to (insert some sort of milestone-esque idea here).

During any post, the mystic may choose to activate the chain using a distinct action that will be a sort of "trademark" determined at character creation. This activation counts as the use of an offensive spell.

This?

<.<

It's from this link. http://www.maganicwars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23636

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7