It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:29 pm

All times are UTC

Do you even support this idea at all?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe. Depends the outcome of this thread 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0
 Post subject: Re: Retirement?! I'd just get bored!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:41 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!
Khan Novaneau wrote:
My only other idea was to allow a one time gift at the creation of the new character by the old character and no other transfers from that point.

Sounds like succession/ancestry items. It'd be pretty sweet to have that as a very rare option for very specific, achieved individuals or something like that to prevent overuse and overpowered stuff. Like, if I somehow ever wanted to trash Tyzrk one day, starting another character with a Bladed Bow would be a great throwback...

..But then again, I may be biased, as "generations" are one of my favorite themes (Fable, Avatar, etc.)

leboyX wrote:
and then pounce on them. To make sure they know we're dead.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:52 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

I think Khan's idea was that your older character could buy a new starting item for your younger character as a once-off item purchase at the start, rather than passing an heirloom down. Though the heirloom idea would be kinda cool as an occasional thing, there are some really cool items that have left this game because people deleted their characters or left without selling them. (Ie. Michael's diamond trident thing from waaaaay back.)

"Little solace comes to those who grieve/When thoughts keep drifting, when walls keep shifting/And this great blue world of ours seems like a house of leaves/Moments before the wind." ~House of Leaves

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:58 am 

I was somewhere in the middle between you and DDR sawsaw. Either a purchase or an item transfer, but the important thing was that it is a one tine thing, if you gave up your item to a C2 you can never get it back for your C1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:15 am 

Quote:
Rules of Retirement System:

1: Two characters can exist per player, Character A and Character B.
2: In order to create a Character C; Character A or B must be deleted and everything they own is lost.
3: All debts are transferable, If Character B has a debt of 15gold upon deletion then Character A inherits that debt.
4: 1 Reward Battle per Player at a time.
5: 1 Reward RP per Player at a time.
6: Character abandonment can be a punishable offence, i.e. deleting a character while it is still in an Active battle. This may be a gold debt to the person you were fighting against. The severity of the punishment or if there is a punishment at all is up to Moderators on a case by case basis.
7: On the subject of character item transference, I propose an inheritance system, at the creation time of Character B, Character A may transfer onto them 1 item they have in their possession for a nominal fee (at a mods discretion) this transferred item CANNOT be transferred back, EVER. Meaning it is a one time thing.

Thoughts and discussion? This is something I would like to implement, I have always felt that one cause of writer burnout is that they lose the motivation for their current character. Having this Retirement System would allow you to switch to something new when your Character A motivation is lacking without having to abandon that character forever.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:35 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

So.. this isn't really a retirement system so much as 'Everyone can now have two characters' system?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:40 am 

Just following the initial line of the thread, but yeah not so much as retirement as ability to go on vacation for characters :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:40 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Do we currently have a limit of 1 reward RP per player?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:41 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Yes. Yes we do.

Well, one in the RP section, I think you can also have a solo rp in the tavern that can eventually give (smallish) rewards.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:31 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!
Make a clause that the debt inheritance belongs to the currently existing character, not to a newly created one ("character just came to DI wait 15 gold debt wat").

Item transference is iffy in general. I suppose the inheritance could work, though it has the potential to get messy (of course, it is on you, mods. I'm just trying to look for ways to improve the simplicity of having to manage things). I'm not entirely for it, but I'm not against it at all, either. Just seems there is room for improvement, though I can't really come up with something to take its place.

In other words, I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's there for the people that want to use it.

Hmm, what say about the choosing of an "active" character? No rules about changing between which character is used? No officially stated "cooldown" before another second character can be made?

leboyX wrote:
and then pounce on them. To make sure they know we're dead.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:43 am 

Quote:
Hmm, what say about the choosing of an "active" character? No rules about changing between which character is used? No officially stated "cooldown" before another second character can be made?

No cooldown per say, so long as the character you are deleting isn't active in any battle or rp than you can delete it, if you are in the middle of a battle than you wait, or risk punishment from the mods by abandoning the battle to delete it.