It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Martial Artist Rework, Master the Ki
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:22 pm 

This is very much still a concept, but its a concept that I love, have a look tell me what you think. and expect the Ranger class to be posted tomorrow

Martial Artist:

Start with: 8 gold, Quilted armour (with cloth gloves), and quilted pants
3 skills (1 medium, 2 weak), 2 Weak specials, Ki Pool and Ki Arrow

For the gifted few, martial skill transcends the battlefield- it is a lifestyle, a doctrine, a state of mind. These warrior artists search for methods of battle beyond simple swords and shields, finding weapons within themselves just as capable of killing and maiming as any blade. These Martial Artists elevate their bodies to become weapons of war, from battle minded ascetics to self-taught brawlers. Martial Artists live in a world of discipline, and those with enough will discover the true path, not just for what they are, but what they are destined to become.

Through dedication, discipline and self-sacrifice a Martial Artist has unlocked their Ki Pool, power drawn from the energy of their own life force. The Ki Pool fills as a battle continues and can be drawn from to activate special Ki Skills allowing the Martial Artist a momentary boost making them capable of the supernatural feats that that separate them from ordinary warriors.

Combat Style: Martial Artists overcome daunting perils with self-discipline and determination, striking where it is least expected, taking advantage of any invulnerability shown by an enemy. Fleet of foot and skilled incombat Martial Artists navigate a battlefield with ease, attacking where required, aiding an ally when most needed.

Quote:
Ki Pool: A Martial Artist’s Ki Pool starts with 2 points at the beginning of a battle and increases by 1 point every two posts thereafter to a maximum if 6. By consuming Ki Points (the number will vary) a Martial Artist can activate momentary boosts built into Martial Skill abilities, as well as can be required for certain Ki using specials. An example of a Martial Skill and Ki Special are as follow.
Quote:
Evasion(Martial Skill): While learning hand to hand combat a Martial Artist is taught the very important skill of evasion improving his ability to avoid simple attack like basic attacks and projectiles. However by consuming a Ki Point from their Ki Pool they flood their body with Ki energy loosening their muscles and joints giving them a momentary boost to their flexibility allowing them the flexibility of a world class gymnast momentarily giving them an even better chance to avoid an attack. Activating this however causes a build-up of lactic acid in their muscles and joints. This acid prevents this from being activated again for 5 posts. While on Cooldown the effectiveness of the passive ability is greatly reduced. (medium, 1 KP, 5 Post CD)
Note: Evasion is only useful against simple projectiles and basic attacks, like a normal arrow or swing/stab of a weapon, it gives minimal help against enhanced attacks especially against attacks that give a boost of speed to the attack. The Ki activation might allow them in the proper situation to avoid something they previously wouldn’t have been able to. However doing so leaves them vulnerable for a number of posts afterwards. Most Martial skills will have this give and take effect dependant on the effect given.

Quote:
Ki Arrow(Martial Special): By consuming a Ki Point from their Ki Pool a Martial Artist can cause his next punch/kick etc to become ranged, firing a bolt of near invisible energy which deals damage equal to the punch/kick etc that launched it. (1KP)
Basically the same as the old Ki ability that a Martial Artist possessed, however now it actually requires Ki in order to be used.

Quote:
Ki Strike(Martial Special): Joshua has Mastered the art of channelling his Inner Energy, his Ki. One such way is to Draw Ki into one of his fist and concentrating it there so that when he strikes something the energy is released making the blow far stronger than it would normally be. However the energy drained is proportional to the amount of force he wants to strike his opponent. Josh can use either one or two Ki Points to fuel this ability, the power is increased with the number of Points used. (weak)(1-2KP)
This is another kind of Martial Special that allows multiple Ki Points to be used to fuel an ability.

Quote:
He was on the run. The martial artist was was strong but, so long as she could keep him from getting close she was safe. She nocked 2 arrows into her bow, charged them with energy, then let them loose as they exploded before the approaching martial artist. "You'll never get close enough to me to land a punch. Just give up already!" She yelled out to him. He then just stood there staring at her seemingly agitated. He pulled his fist back as if to hit some invisible opponent and she just watched him in amusement. What could he possibly do? He then threw his punch towards her and released some type of energy that flew at her. She started to move but was hit in the face as she started to run. In no time the martial artist was on her, his leg dropping into an axe kick.
She barely dodged his kick as she listened to him in awe as he spoke darkly to her, "I may prefer to be near in combat but, range is not always my enemy...

Post subject: Re: Martial Artist Rework, Master the Ki
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:11 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Khan Novaneau wrote:
This is very much still a concept, but its a concept that I love, have a look tell me what you think. and expect the Ranger class to be posted tomorrow

Martial Artist:

Start with: 8 gold, Quilted armour (with cloth gloves), and quilted pants
3 skills (1 medium, 2 weak), 2 Weak specials, Ki Pool and Ki Arrow

[Errata omitted.]

Combat Style: Martial Artists overcome daunting perils with self-discipline and determination, striking where it is least expected, taking advantage of any invulnerability shown by an enemy. Fleet of foot and skilled incombat Martial Artists navigate a battlefield with ease, attacking where required, aiding an ally when most needed.

Quote:
Ki Pool: A Martial Artist’s Ki Pool starts with 2 points at the beginning of a battle and increases by 1 point every two posts thereafter to a maximum if 6. By consuming Ki Points (the number will vary) a Martial Artist can activate momentary boosts built into Martial Skill abilities, as well as can be required for certain Ki using specials. An example of a Martial Skill and Ki Special are as follow.
[Having a cap, of course, blocks unlimited growth to some uber-powerful Ki-based special. An example of a 6-point Ki ability would help put the class's upper potential into context.]

Quote:
Evasion(Martial Skill): While learning hand to hand combat a Martial Artist is taught the very important skill of evasion improving his ability to avoid simple attack like basic attacks and projectiles. However by consuming a Ki Point from their Ki Pool they flood their body with Ki energy loosening their muscles and joints giving them a momentary boost to their flexibility allowing them the flexibility of a world class gymnast momentarily giving them an even better chance to avoid an attack. Activating this however causes a build-up of lactic acid in their muscles and joints. This acid prevents this from being activated again for 5 posts. While on Cooldown the effectiveness of the passive ability is greatly reduced. (medium, 1 KP, 5 Post CD)
Note: Evasion is only useful against simple projectiles and basic attacks, like a normal arrow or swing/stab of a weapon, it gives minimal help against enhanced attacks especially against attacks that give a boost of speed to the attack. The Ki activation might allow them in the proper situation to avoid something they previously wouldn’t have been able to. However doing so leaves them vulnerable for a number of posts afterwards. Most Martial skills will have this give and take effect dependant on the effect given.
[A 5 post cooldown is a long time. You'd have to wait almost an entire page just to get back this simple dodging ability. I agree that cooldown is appropriate - Ki balances itself by taxing the use beyond their normal limit. But a cooldown of 5 is just too big. Most berserker's don't take that long to cooldown (not even Trinix' rage does).]

Quote:
Ki Arrow(Martial Special): By consuming a Ki Point from their Ki Pool a Martial Artist can cause his next punch/kick etc to become ranged, firing a bolt of near invisible energy which deals damage equal to the punch/kick etc that launched it. (1KP)
Basically the same as the old Ki ability that a Martial Artist possessed, however now it actually requires Ki in order to be used.
[One might call this the "stereotypical" Ki attack. It's a good example of the basic uses of Ki.]

Quote:
Ki Strike(Martial Special): Joshua has Mastered the art of channelling his Inner Energy, his Ki. One such way is to Draw Ki into one of his fist and concentrating it there so that when he strikes something the energy is released making the blow far stronger than it would normally be. However the energy drained is proportional to the amount of force he wants to strike his opponent. Josh can use either one or two Ki Points to fuel this ability, the power is increased with the number of Points used. (weak)(1-2KP)
This is another kind of Martial Special that allows multiple Ki Points to be used to fuel an ability.
[I like the idea of letting user's determine how much they want to invest in a Ki special. Things that that let you spend even 4 points would be cool, but I cringe at the kind of side effect taxing one's body that much would have. Still, it gives MA's a great way to be flexible about what they can do. They have the ability to do what they need only when they need it. Provides good balance, I think.]

I can tell you're not just approaching this from a class-improvement stand point - Josh is, after all, a martial artist ; ). Nevertheless, the class feels pretty good right now. The only significant change to the class (aside from inventory) is the "pool" system, which I think is good. It'll help give a more concrete understanding of how much using a Ki ability wears a person down, and will help limit people w/ "limitless" endurance from just spamming Ki-balls all over the place.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:51 pm 

Quote:
[Having a cap, of course, blocks unlimited growth to some uber-powerful Ki-based special. An example of a 6-point Ki ability would help put the class's upper potential into context.]
Umm, a 6 point ability would be... Dangerous, both to the user and the vistim. Because of the sheer power it would be hard to get such an ability approved but this would be close to it.

Quote:
[s]Gentle Touch: The name was a joke created by Kirstaline when she viewed the effects of this ability. Put simply, Josh reached out and gently tapped a wall beside him... there was a moment's pause, then the entire wall was destroyed in a burst of white light. Of course, Josh collapsed afterwards, totally exhausted. Fearing for his life Kirstaline sealed the technique away saying he wasn't strong enough for this attack. Now that Josh is stronger for this battle, the seal has been released. In a moment of contact (a punch, a kick, a knee-strike, an elbow-strike, touching the opponent etc.), Josh can unleash the Gentle Touch, an attack that concentrates all of the available Ki energy within his body into one strike. It unleashes a TREMENDOUS amount of both physical and spiritual force onto the target. This attack often bypasses the natural defences of many enemies because of its dual-element nature (i.e. a warrior might block the physical part but not the spiritual part, a caster might block the spiritual but not the physical). However, the after-effects of using this technique are quite drastic; Josh is left highly weakened (unable to attack) for a single post and he's unable to use any Ki-Related specials for 2 posts. This attack drains all available Ki however its normal amount is 5 points, so any below that weakens it and any above only strengthens it minimally
Some people might remember this from the Zodiac Tournament, it's a massive single hit that leaves the user completely vulnerable just after using it. Of course the target has to survive first.

Quote:
[A 5 post cooldown is a long time. You'd have to wait almost an entire page just to get back this simple dodging ability. I agree that cooldown is appropriate - Ki balances itself by taxing the use beyond their normal limit. But a cooldown of 5 is just too big. Most berserker's don't take that long to cooldown (not even Trinix' rage does).]

hmm I actually started at a page, I even thought 5 was pushing it, but its an example to give an idea of the potential.

Quote:
[I like the idea of letting user's determine how much they want to invest in a Ki special. Things that that let you spend even 4 points would be cool, but I cringe at the kind of side effect taxing one's body that much would have. Still, it gives MA's a great way to be flexible about what they can do. They have the ability to do what they need only when they need it. Provides good balance, I think.]
I would imagine that an ability like my Ki Strike would take 2-3points so not quite.

Quote:
I can tell you're not just approaching this from a class-improvement stand point - Josh is, after all, a martial artist ; ). Nevertheless, the class feels pretty good right now. The only significant change to the class (aside from inventory) is the "pool" system, which I think is good. It'll help give a more concrete understanding of how much using a Ki ability wears a person down, and will help limit people w/ "limitless" endurance from just spamming Ki-balls all over the place.
It is minorly selfish. But I always felt that the Martial artist class was a bit clunky, we're given a ki ability but require catalysts and skills to expand on it. I want the class to be better more appealing, but I want it to be fair also. I'm looking ot make Josh fun not overpowered, his axe already does that :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:35 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Khan, could you post some simplified examples of the various Ki-pool based specials we have here (eliminating use's of the name "Josh" to make them generic enough for others to understand them). Omit the errata and "fluff" around the class so I can more accurately judge where we're at. Since this seems to have come together quite well, I can give another pass at where the class is at. If it's good, I can lock it down and mark it as ready for the patch.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:04 pm 

Quick list work was a shocker today, I'll do more tomorrow if you want more, or need better examples.

Quote:
Specials:

Quote:
[w]Ghost Step: Uses Ki to push the MA is a direction up to 15feet, the speed is equal to a sprint and no step is required the MA ‘Slides’
Cost:1KP
Cooldown: 4 Posts

Quote:
[m]Imbue: MA infuses a weapon/or limb with Ki that on impact explodes with moderate blunt force in a 5 foot radius.
Cooldown: 2posts
Other Notes: While the Cooldown is low the same weapon can’t be used for 5 posts or it will break for the remainder of the battle. Same goes with the body if one fist is used it can’t be used for 5 posts or the bones break.

Quote:
[s]Ki Block: Blasts Ki in a single direction diffusing an energy/magic based attack of strong or lower.
Cost: 1KP per strength (1KP for Weak, 2KP for Medium, 3KP for Strong)
Cooldown: 6 Posts

Quote:
[m]Ki Pulse: Releases Ki in a spherical burst of blunt force knocking everything around him away with moderate blunt force.
Cost:2KP
Cooldown:4 Posts

Quote:
[P]Gungnir: The MA draws all of his Ki into his fist and strikes with all the training and dedication of his art. The punch is like the spear Gungnir, it attacks like lightning and Ki surrounds the arm in a solid shell in the form of a rune inscribed spear capable of piercing most armour. Of course the damage is only like a spear once it actually penetrates.
Cost:6KP
Cooldown:8 Posts 2 per battle.

Quote:

Skills

Quote:
[w]Dark Sight/Ki Vision:
Passive: improves Vision is darker environments. At night Vision is clear at short distances.
Active: Grants Ki Vision for 3 posts, Ki vision allows MA to see life energy meaning even in the blackest of environments he can see living things.
Cost: 1KP
Duration: 3 posts
Cooldown: No Cooldown.

Quote:
[w]High Jumper/Ki Jump:
Passive: Allows quicker and faster jumps to move or avoid attacks.
Active: Jump twice the normal distance or height. Doesn’t reduce force of landing so discretion is required.
Duration: Single Use:
Cooldown: 3 posts.

Quote:
[m]Diffused Impact/Feather Fall:
Passive: Force from attacks are diffused using Ki into the ground below. Making the MA harder to knock back or off balance.
-Doesn’t actually reduce the damage from attacks.
-Requires at least 1KP in the Ki Pool or the passive doesn’t apply.
Active: Creates a cushion of Ki which softens impact with the surroundings, for example from falls.
Duration: Single Use
Cooldown: 2 Posts

Quote:
[s]Slow Metabolism/System Purge:
Passive: Negative effects on the bodies system are reduced by a strength (medium slow -> Weak Slow/ Strong daze ->Medium Daze) however their duration is doubled.
Active: Purges the body of negative effects likes slows, numbness, dizziness etc.
Cost: 4KP
Duration: Single Use
Cooldown: 1 per battle

Quote:
[s]Desensitise/Iron Skin:
Passive: Sensitivity of the skin us reduced from training reducing pain from damage to the skin. (Damage isn’t reduced)
Active: Hardens the skin of MA giving minor damage reduction.
Duration:2 Posts
Cooldown: Ki points can be fed every 2 Posts to keep this effect active. However when the effect is ended a 5 post cooldown actives.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:57 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Quote:
Specials:

[Omissions mean it seems fine.]

Quote:
[s]Ki Block: Blasts Ki in a single direction diffusing an energy/magic based attack of strong or lower.
[I'm not keen on blocking any kind of attack, but I suppose the point-scaling nature of the special balances it out (you'd have to exhaust half your max ki pool to block a strong, not to mention the fatigue).]

Quote:
[P]Gungnir: The MA draws all of his Ki into his fist and strikes with all the training and dedication of his art. The punch is like the spear Gungnir, it attacks like lightning and Ki surrounds the arm in a solid shell in the form of a rune inscribed spear capable of piercing most armour. Of course the damage is only like a spear once it actually penetrates.
[While this sounds cool, it's basically an armor piercing spear that travels incredibly fast, right? For a powerful, I'm not sure that's enough, esp. since the damage is "only like a spear". Given that this costs 6 points, an MA isn't going to just bounce back from this one. If anything, I don't think this is powerful enough.]

Quote:

Skills

[Everything in this section seems fine, except for one primary point; they're all "active" skills. At lesat, somewhat. If I remember correctly, skill are inherently passive and characters are only allowed one "active" skill for the life of their character. These all sound more like things w/ an off/on/extra-on switch that you can choose to imbue w/ Ki points. As such, couldn't they just be specials w/ optional Ki-point-augmentation? I'm not saying I don't like the system - I do. But the problem is that all the skills have uses or can be activated multiple times in battle, like a special. I'm not sure MA's should have such an exception to the "one active skill" rule.]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:54 pm 

leboyX wrote:
Quote:
Specials:

[Omissions mean it seems fine.]

Quote:
[I'm not keen on blocking any kind of attack, but I suppose the point-scaling nature of the special balances it out (you'd have to exhaust half your max ki pool to block a strong, not to mention the fatigue).]
It's also not any attack, purely energy based, incorporeal essentially, you could block a fire ball, but not a metal spike spell for example.

Quote:
[While this sounds cool, it's basically an armor piercing spear that travels incredibly fast, right? For a powerful, I'm not sure that's enough, esp. since the damage is "only like a spear". Given that this costs 6 points, an MA isn't going to just bounce back from this one. If anything, I don't think this is powerful enough.]
An attack that bypasses defences and travels extremely fast isn't enough for you? Ki Points aren't just there to demonstrate the strength or sometimes even the fatigue of an ability, the further an ability is from something a human can do the greater the points required, put your bare hand through a piece of plate armour is very very far from human and requires lots of points. It's possible to have a powerful that requires 1 or 0 KP, or a medium that needs 5, all depends on exactly what the ability does.

Quote:

Skills

[Everything in this section seems fine, except for one primary point; they're all "active" skills. At lesat, somewhat. If I remember correctly, skill are inherently passive and characters are only allowed one "active" skill for the life of their character. These all sound more like things w/ an off/on/extra-on switch that you can choose to imbue w/ Ki points. As such, couldn't they just be specials w/ optional Ki-point-augmentation? I'm not saying I don't like the system - I do. But the problem is that all the skills have uses or can be activated multiple times in battle, like a special. I'm not sure MA's should have such an exception to the "one active skill" rule.]
When I originally started reworking the MA class I was actually considering combining skills and specials into a single category making them the same thing. My idea fro Martial skills was even with the "active" they are still skills, for example.
High Jumper/Ki Jump:
The first skill is definitely a skill, and the active is something you could get from a higher level skill. Using the Ki point basically gives you the skill you ahve but if you had made it with a stronger skill strength temporarily.

Diffused Impact/Feather Fall
Desensitise/ Iron Skin:
All are extensions of the same skill the only exception being metabolism, but that existed with the whole skill and special being the same thing idea.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:20 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Khan Novaneau wrote:
Quote:
Specials:

Quote:
An attack that bypasses defences and travels extremely fast isn't enough for you? Ki Points aren't just there to demonstrate the strength or sometimes even the fatigue of an ability, the further an ability is from something a human can do the greater the points required, put your bare hand through a piece of plate armour is very very far from human and requires lots of points. It's possible to have a powerful that requires 1 or 0 KP, or a medium that needs 5, all depends on exactly what the ability does.
[If you mean to say this attack is near-impossible to block/dodge due to its instantaneous nature, it would never be approved. There's always a way an opponent might bypass an attack. My point here was 1) This is a powerful attack, and all it does it pierce armor really fast (a ranger could get an arrow to due that for much less, and w/ no side-effects), & 2) Using 6 Ki points should come close to rendering an MA unconscious. I would expect a special of this caliber to either do more or cost less. As it stands, this is more of a suicide attack for the MA. It's only ever conceivable to use in 1v1. (And even then, I wouldn't dream of using it twice. It'd take near 3 pages to get to that 2nd use, and the MA better keel over and die from draining himself that much for the second time). And if the opponent has a pet (like Jaedin/Trinix), the MA is basically toast after using this.

At this point, I think we're arguing semantics. Maybe a "powerful" example isn't what we need as a template for this class. Maybe just go up to medium? That'll leave room for mods to use discretion for further approval on a case-by-case basis.]

Quote:

Skills

When I originally started reworking the MA class I was actually considering combining skills and specials into a single category making them the same thing. My idea fro Martial skills was even with the "active" they are still skills...
High Jumper/Ki Jump:
The first skill is definitely a skill, and the active is something you could get from a higher level skill. Using the Ki point basically gives you the skill you ahve but if you had made it with a stronger skill strength temporarily.

Diffused Impact/Feather Fall
Desensitise/ Iron Skin:
All are extensions of the same skill the only exception being metabolism, but that existed with the whole skill and special being the same thing idea.

[That's the exact definition of an active skill. If it can be activated, has a use limit, or some kind of cooldown it's either 1) A special or 2) An active skill. That's it.

It's not that I don't understand the concept here. It's that itss breaking the rules we have in place for skills. I don't want to over-complicate the MA class (your baby, understandably) if we don't have to - new systems and rules are fine, but I don't want to go write a book for every class. So far, each class fits a basic template w/ a unique "thing" to set it apart. If we start bolting on cool new things to every class, they get harder to learn/maintain/judge/create, etc. A class description shouldn't be a 7 course meal to digest.

This system for MA's (spending Ki to augment/enhance a passive skill) won't translate to the other classes we have (and we shouldn't retrofit them w/ some kind of "points for skills" system either).

I'm not opposed to this idea, but I'm saying all this to show that we can't just add whatever we want to the MA class. Perhaps it would be better to nail down what is acceptable and work from there. So far, aside from this active skill discussion, I see nothing wrong w/ the class. If that's good enough for everyone else, we can break out another discussion around this skill idea.

What do you think?]

On another note, I still need some/any feedback on the Alchemist patch I have in the works.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:16 pm 

I'm at work on a phone so my posting ability is limited. I'll do some more specials and maybe post a dummy character here of average strength to help the template.

**Edit** Didn't get time to put anything up before I have to head off to work, tonight hopefully.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:38 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Whenever you're ready, good sir. Phone-posts can get tough when you're trying to re-work a whole class.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:34 am 

Quote:
[w]Ghost Step: Uses Ki to push the MA is a direction up to 15feet, the speed is equal to a sprint and no step is required the MA ‘Slides’

Quote:
[m]Imbue: MA infuses a weapon/or limb with Ki that on impact explodes with moderate blunt force in a 5 foot radius.
Cooldown: 2posts
Other Notes: While the Cooldown is low the same weapon can’t be used for 5 posts or it will break for the remainder of the battle. Same goes with the body if one fist is used it can’t be used for 5 posts or the bones break.

Code:

Quote:
[m]Ki Pulse: Releases Ki in a spherical burst of blunt force knocking everything around him away with moderate blunt force.
Cooldown:4 Posts

Quote:
[w]Snake Strike: The Martial Artist makes a rapid strike, aiming at one of the joints of an enemy, connecting with a joint unleashes a small amount of Ki into the enemies system slowing the movement of that particular joint for 2 posts. Contact with any other area inflicts minor numbing for the duration instead.

Quote:
[m] Ki Sphere: Releases Ki around the User spreading 5 metres in all directions, the User can sense all disturbances to this field letting them know when anything enters it. To the enemy the air effected has a slight coloured haze to it.
Cooldown: 3 posts
Duration: 4 Posts
Con: The Ki Field is like dust, so a strong wind, or explosion could potentially be used to disperse the cloud.

Quote:
[m] Breath of Dragon Flame: User Inhales deeply and the exhales in one focused breath using Ki to ignite the very air he exhales into a cone of flames. These flames disperse after 6 feet.
Cost: 3KP
Con: If used within 8 posts of any heat technique that originates from the mouth the users throat becomes damaged, it becomes difficult to talk, breath and no mouth/throat/lung originating techniques can be used for the remainder of the battle.

Quote:
[w]Air Step: Creates a disc of Ki Just large enough to stand on in the air, the Martial artist can use it to cross a gap or perhaps take a step in mid-air, the platform disperses after the Martial artists leaves it.
Cooldown: 3 Posts
Note: Cannot actually be used to stop an attack, the platform does not exist for enemies and they can simply move through it.

Quote:
[w] Phantom Extension: Uses Ki to add a foot long phantom extension to a weapon bearing all the same properties as the weapon.
Cost: 1 KP
Duration: 3Posts
Cooldown: 5 Posts However spending 1KP on the last post of the duration will reset the duration to 3 Posts again. Only once the extension is gone will the Cooldown begin.

Quote:
[m]Phantom Slash: Swing a weapon bearing the Phantom Extension buff, this send the extension flying at the target in a crescent arc with the same cutting power as a swing from the original weapon. However the strike is Phantom mean the blocking the attack only blocks the part block, the rest continues on.
Cost:2KP Requires and consumes the phantom extension buff on a weapon putting it into cooldown as well.
Cooldown:5 Posts

Quote:
[s]Aspect of the Tiger: Stripes appear on the Users skin and his muscles ripple with power moderately increasing his speed and strength for a period of time. However during this time only Ki Abilities made specifically for this form can be used and the original Ki arrow ability can be used. Special abilities for this form are to be denoted with the name of a type of tiger in their title and must have some relevant to the felines.
Cost:2KP to activate
Cooldown: 6 Posts upon deactivation
Duration 1: Lasts until cancelled however no Ki is generated while it is active meaning the Ki you have going into it is all you have during it.
Duration 2: If during this time you KP is reduced to 0 the aspect ends the next post.

Quote:
[s] Aspect of the Monkey: A glowing tail of Ki, as long as the monk is tall grows from, the monk receives a strong boost to his speed and a moderate boost to his climbing ability for the duration. The Ki tail can be used like a handless arm much like a normal chips tail and bears the same strength as the Martial artist normal hand. Only Ki Abilities made specifically for this form and the original Ki arrow ability can be used for the duration. Abilities for this form will be denoted with the name of a type of monkey in their name and must have some relevance to monkeys in their usage.
Cost:2KP to activate
Cooldown: 6 Posts upon deactivation
Duration 1: Lasts until cancelled however no Ki is generated while it is active meaning the Ki you have going into it is all you have during it.
Duration 2: If during this time you KP is reduced to 0 the aspect ends the next post.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:37 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Khan, are you still around? Are you still good w/ trying to finish this?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:14 am 

Yes, I'm around now. Moved house and lost internet for a while and then work got on top of me.

Also waiting on a bit of feed back from the last post.