It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Solutions, growth and advertising.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:55 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!
I thought DI was the name of the continent... lol. The map would be a place that would get filled up with over time with more forests, cities, canyons, islands, whatever as people keep developing the place. That was part of the beauty to me, anyway.

..."World of King Ein", indeed. >.>

leboyX wrote:
and then pounce on them. To make sure they know we're dead.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:08 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Well that took some digging. Thanks to whichever mod unsticked the thread with my old map linked in it~

This was the old map that I had made some time ago.

But some time ago, maybe a year, I had offered to make a new map with my new and improved skills. This was the picture that I tested my skills out on, creating something new. I thought I had positive reviews on it. I am still more than willing to make a map that'll look like this. I just need help: some direction on it (what people want/think) would be helpful.

Also, just a note. I can make it an island where you can see all of the land. This was just my practice run.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:13 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

I'm down with a new map. Looks a lot more professional.

Since the continent currently doesn't have a name, we could come up with one and use that as the url, but still have 'Darkness Incarnate' be the banner and overall name of the RPG, if people want? Just an idea, since that's been the theme so far as far as I know. Just.. never had a name for the continent? :P

Also... are there... more then one continents? >.>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:23 am 

It's a lot of work but now we have the opportunity, we could create an entire globe if we wanted.:)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:01 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

I've always imagined DI as ... ... Pangaea, kinda.

Just one, large continent with maybe a few islands.

Whatever the community can agree on though.

I know we have a large number of cities and towns already listed in past battles. And may have a list of stuff accumulated already. That would be EXTREMELY helpful I bet.

Sadly, the deeper we delve the more questions we need to ask.

Is there a capital of the world? Are there countries? What city is the King of Darkness Tournament held? Where do the Guardians reside? Mythology on how the world was created? Population? I can do some interesting stuff in ArcGIS once a map is created... such as population density plots, add grid-lines, time-line/wheel of different events.

I am here to help as much as possible. I think we're all willing to help-- we love this place, otherwise we wouldn't even consider this. <3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:38 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!
For the state that DI's in? I'd say the governmental structure would have to be a very POOR, CORRUPT tyranny of sorts, or just blatant anarchy with towns, kingdoms, what-have-yous trying to fill the vacuum of power it creates (thus all of the violence. :D)

I was actually going to have a reason off Tyzrk's story about the beginnings of Darkness Incarnate, but it would pretty much be non-canon. lol

leboyX wrote:
and then pounce on them. To make sure they know we're dead.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:46 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

My story has Ein traveling to all sorts of different worlds... and this just happens to be one of them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:49 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

I've always looked at DI and seen a mass of city states, constantly in a kind of uneasy truce, with large tracts of land being parts of perpetual territorial disputes, and only a few stable areas of the world. It's always seemed to be written by people on the site as a land filled with towns that seem small enough to just be abandoned if the political climate changes for the worse. There's never really been any talk of a global force/police or anything like that.

As to places, populating the world and deciding on all these important lore things, I feel that it calls for a much less forum-based discussion and more of an IM discussion with all interested parties, so that ideas can better be thrown around and discussed than in the lengthy process of forum debate.

Totally down for solidifying some of the lore btw, that's been a thing that's been sorely lacking.

"Little solace comes to those who grieve/When thoughts keep drifting, when walls keep shifting/And this great blue world of ours seems like a house of leaves/Moments before the wind." ~House of Leaves

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:41 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

I've always held to the city-state view. There's no central government; just a loose truce among large bodies of people. Despite this loose structure, there's a subtle symbiosis among all the inhabitants. They'll all band together for causes, especially fighting.

Think about it - the KoD is a gathering of people's from all walks of life. There's no real bickering or squabbles. People show up to see whose best, and then they part ways.

Another thing - DI is littered w/ ruins. How many battles are in abandoned castles or monuments? There've been a ton of conflicts that leave DI scarred. Jaedin leveled a large town in the course of his battle w/ Drakol & Raine. Even now, Jaedin and Musalis are battling in the middle of a rather...desolate.

This kinds of things suggest that DI is recovering from some greater event - some great war or cleansing.

But I digress quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I fear we will burn out if we dive into too many topics at once. Currently, Khan is trying to fire up a patch to the class system. Wolf wants to move us to a new domain. We've got discussions of lore, maps and populations. I'm ironing out the wrinkles in the long-in-coming retirement system. There's too much going on, I think - we're not going to get anywhere if we try to go everywhere, y'know?

If we're going to make the move to a new system, I say we focus first on that. Otherwise, we're just going to build up more and more things that need to be migrated.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:14 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Sounds logical enough.

Some immediate questions for that is:

Has Maguas been made aware?
Is there a URL name that we can agree on?
What funds are needed to kick this off?
How long before the new Forum is beta-operational?

Suggestions:

There are several lost continents that most people don't know... Like Mu and Lemuria. In addition to Atlantis. What about a URL that is a smash of these lost continents and lands*?

Lamuntis... Or something.
Almunria
Almuntis

There are also other worlds that appear in Mythology. Go to a mythology website and smash two or three together. Go to Wikipedia and check out some African creation myths.

There's also a dedicated Wikipedia page to "Lost Lands" that people might find interesting.

I think we might all agree that DI was once a pretty nice place. Otherwise it probably wouldn't have all these ruins. What about something like... Paradise Lost (not to be confused with the John Milton book) or DarkestLight or BlackestDay. *shrug* I'm just shooting in the dark here. Pun intended.

* - I do not think this will work... but it may spark discussion.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:41 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

If we're looking at mashups for names of the world, why not a mashup of the words Darkness Incarnate in other languages?

Tencarnata (Italian: tenebra incarnata)
Encarida (Galician: encarnado escuridade)
Malluginta (Esperanto: mallumo Enkarniĝinta)
Encarscor (Catalan: encarnat foscor)
Mgnawdllwch (Welsh: Ymgnawdoledig tywyllwch)

Just something that came to mind. It would allow us to keep part of the old name alive.

"Little solace comes to those who grieve/When thoughts keep drifting, when walls keep shifting/And this great blue world of ours seems like a house of leaves/Moments before the wind." ~House of Leaves

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:46 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Great idea!

What is it in Latin? My phone doesn't like Google Translate.

What is it in Maguas' native language? :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:48 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

The big thing is the king of darkness tournament, right? What about KoDRPG.com? Easy to remember, and makes sense with what we currently have.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:50 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

of_shattered_origins wrote:
Has Maguas been made aware?
Is there a URL name that we can agree on?
What funds are needed to kick this off?
How long before the new Forum is beta-operational?

1: Not as yet, no. Until we get something solid to go on, I didn't want to jump the gun on it. Also, I would assume one of the head mods should probably be letting him know, not me.
2. Also not yet, but this should be what we focus on, as question four hinges on this.
3. NTW and I are able to put up the initial funding, but any help is obviously appreciated. As I stated before, additional funding will likely go towards paid advertising.
4. Well, that entirely hinges on number 2. As soon as we have a URL we agree on, I can have it up in a under a week. It might have some bugs to iron out after that, but we'll say working model in ~1 week at most. NTW will help me decide on our initial setup, and if any changes need to be made from there it will be open for discussion. As long as everyone is okay with that.

Also, I like KoDRPG.COM .... It works well for me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:53 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

In latin it would be tenebris incarnatum, similar to the Italian.

It would logically leave you with the name Tenecarnatum or something similar. Tenebarnatum? Incarbris? Carnebris?

In Spanish it would be encarnado oscuridad, so Oscurnado? Encarscur? Encaridad? Ridarnado?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next