It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Patch - Priest class
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:05 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

OSO makes some good points, and I have taken a shine to the idea of praying to a particular part of your deity's personality. But I don't think it should require priests to do so.

The take away I'd like to have with this is that priests could request that their next boon come for a specific branch of their deity. That gives mods better direction for what ideas to cook up, and allows priests more control over how their character builds. (As it is now, boons are basically a grab bag of whatever a mod cooks up).

Post subject: Re: Patch - Priest class
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:13 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

I've pretty much done that already, though informally. (basically asking "Could you give me a boon that is some sort of ranged attack please?") Anyway, formalising that is fine.

The main point here is still what to do with prayers. I think that question is mostly up to leboyX, since he has the most experience with how much work it is to answer prayer and raised the concern in the first place. So, asking directly: Is it enough to split the prayer answering between all mods to reduce to work to sensible levels? Or do we need to completely re-build the prayer system, in a way that requires less direct input from the mods?