It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fourth Tournament, Second Round: BDF vs Yoz
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:25 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

But who can see the wind? Who would care about a battle set up by these elemental misfits?

Ah, the fire mages....so impulsive, so hot-headed, so much like their namesakes...

Among the mages of the council, the air mages were often seen as the ones who would support the others. After all, air quite nicely mixed in with any of the others. Dust storms, fireballs, rain; the mixed applications were endless. But to have one stand on its own was often seen as a waste. They often were not seen as a force unto themselves. After all, just like the hot-head said – no one could see the wind.

But the chief air wizard smiled to himself; he knew that the powers and workings of the air were often more subtle. Although no one could see the air, it was undoubtedly there. One only had to look at the aftermath. There was no real psychological impact to anyone affected by the wind until it was too late. That was where the power of the air came from. It was always around, ready to strike whenever it was needed. It was the only element that could strike by presence and omission – just ask anyone who had suffocated.

Still, even though the power was there, he had to prove it.

Are you sure that this is a good idea? Aren't these things are notoriously tough to control? The younger air mage who stood off to his right had to yell above the wind that was already whipping through the area. He merely nodded at his questioner. The young one had been chosen among the seven for his latent power, not his sense of stability or control. Five others, and himself, were doing this ritual to compensate. Summoning a tornado was always risky business, but doing what they wanted to do – control one – was even tougher. Making it into a viable fighting arena...well,

No one had done that before.

As the shape of the funnel cloud rose from the ground, the chief mage noticed a second section of air rising up in the middle. He smiled to himself, this was going completely as planned. Eventually, the top of the tornado reached into the clouds. They were ready to receive their combatants – hopefully, they could keep things up.

The inside of the tornado was relatively calm compared to the raging winds on the outside. Everything was clear, because the mages managed to seal off the bottom of the tornado so that no unnecessary debris was sucked into the funnel itself. The disc of surging air was about 2500 feet above the ground, so the fact that the disc was clear could make anyone looking through the bottom very queasy. The disc itself was rotating about 3 miles per hour – just a bit less than a brisk walk in a counterclockwise direction. The funnel itself was about 200 feet across and rotating in a clockwise direction at speeds so fast that it repelled any object thrown or pushed against it. Not to mention that the disc was suspended so close to the funnel's inside to have a problem with anything being thrown or pushed off.

---------

Post Order:

BDF
Yoz

Post subject: Re: Fourth Tournament, Second Round: BDF vs Yoz
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:11 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

"At least it can't get worse.", Musalis thought as she finally got out of the swamp. Which wasn't much of a consolation. Musalis didn't even know how she had won her last battle, the end was... fuzzy. She had had to fight a ninja, and been on the verge of loosing for a long time, straining not to give up. If she had fought just for herself, and not for her God, maybe Musalis would have given up, and run. And then... well, the next things she remembered was a Tournament Official telling her that she had won, and should make her way back out of the swamp. And so Musalis had had more than enough time to wonder how she had won, without really getting anywhere. Her best guess was that Ochre had intervened. The second best guess was that she had latent berserk tendencies, and lost herself in a rage powerful enough to overpower her enemy. After that, the guesses plausibility quickly dropped - number 14 involved her black flute, an uncut diamond and a red toad. And still, compared to what Cindy had come up with, they were all very much believable.

“Well.”, said a Tournament Aide as Musalis wandered back to the tent-town that was dedicated to organizing the Tournament, “You are... let me check my books... ah, yes. Musalis. Priestess. Won her first round against... Jaedin and Atrin? Not bad, not bad. But look at the state of you. No, you can't go like this into the next round. Come with me. We need to wash your clothes, you, and... well, somehow clean your bible. And then you need to get ready for your next round.”

A few hours later, the swamp seemed like a bad dream. Musalis had clothes that were so clean they almost sparkled. Which was really impressive considering it was robe made out of cloth. And she had taken a bath. While Musalis didn't technically need to be warm, it still felt incredibly good to lay back, and feel a weeks grime and mud melt away from the encrusted layer it had created over her bones.

“Look at you.”, the Tournament Aide's approving voice cut though her thoughts, “Much, much better. Without all that mud, you almost look pretty. Let's see, now...”, she consulted her note book, “Do you want anything to eat? Maybe something to drink?”

“Uhmm... I'm kind-of... you know... a skeleton?”, Musalis answered, “It would just fall right out again. No stomach, you see.”

“I figured as much. Still, you have to follow protocol. But it lucky you didn't need food, for your battle starts right about... wait for it... not yet... a little more... wait... NOW.”

Musalis experienced a slight dizziness, and the world around her seemed to melt away into a shifting patches of colors. 'It's only teleportation', she told herself to keep from panicking, 'you're not going crazy.'

When the colors stopped, Musalis was momentarily blinded, just normal people could be from stepping out of a dim room and into full sunlight. For Musalis, that meant there was strong magic nearby, as her vision was based on magic. As her sight adjusted, no possible source of the magic presented herself. It seemed as if the it came from all directions at the same time. And there was a lot of... spinning. Now why would there be something spinning. Musalis looked up, and saw a funnel with a tiny spot of blue at the top. And suddenly, her surroundings sort of fell into place as she knew where she was.

Inside a tornado.

It was impressive. More than that, it was awe-inspiring. Musalis didn't know much about wind-magic, but she could see. She could see how magic interwove the air currents, and controlled a power that could destroy houses in instants. And she was at the center of the insane powers whirling around her, somehow left unharmed. This had to be the mystical eye of the tornado. A calm spot where logically nothing calm should be, where you expected the storms to be at their worst.

But this was not the time to stand awed at nature and those that controlled her. For Musalis, the storm was the least of her worries. She had to focus on her opponent. With a conscious effort, she drew her attention away from the raging storms around her, and focused on the platform she was standing on, waiting for her opponent to arrive. For a moment she considered starting to pray, but decided to would be unfair to begin before the battle officially had started.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:49 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Victory was bitter and sweet. The sweet part was the knowledge that he had removed the naked elf from the tournament with a solid blow from his foot, alongside being granted victory. But then, the bitter part was just as strong as the sweet part.

Yes Drakol had won, and he had done so at all costs, but winning out over the one that you love made the victory slightly less thrilling. At least Dahlia didn't hold it against him. She had done her best, and she had certainly battered and bruised her mate, but in the end it simply wasn't enough. For a few moments Drakol had wondered if he was actually going to win, and hadn't found out until one of the tournament directors had told him so.

The tournament director was a scrawny thing, a human of no more than thirty years. He deigned to congratulate Drakol on his victory in a sarcastic tone. Had there not been a dampening on the area, the wizard probably would have crushed the human then and there. As it was Drakol curtly accepted the offer of food and drink and then pointedly ignored the man for the rest of the wait.

Drakol's mood only began to desour when he was informed that his battle would begin in one minute. The bastards clearly wanted the drow to lose given the timing. When the announcement came Drakol had been in his small clothes submerged to his neck in water. Luckily he was able to gather up all of his equipment, and was just buckling his sword belt over his trousers when the tingling began and he was whisked away.

Drakol appeared shirtless into the arena, prompting the drow to hurriedly pull on his magemail shirt before even glancing around. Once he did Drakol went weak at the knees.

Drakol had no real fear of heights, but seeing nothing but open air beneath your feet, and the ground underneath a mere speck away was terrifying. He hardly wanted to move from the spot in which he stood, but then took an exploratory step. The clear floor was solid, and apparently made by compressed magic of some sort. The vortex around them was of similar magic. Probably best if I don't test out how solid those walls are. I'll just stay away from them.

Once Drakol's knees became a little more solid he was actually able to marvel at what was around him. No doubt this arena required a large circle of mages to maintain - this was more than any one man could handle, even one so blessed as Drakol himself. It was galling to admit, but it showed that he still had so much further to go.

When he saw his opponent Drakol unleashed a peal of laughter. The directors of this tournament truly were cruel. "Hello, Musalis. Fancy seeing you here..."

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:04 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

"Drakol?", Musalis asked hoarsely. It wasn't fair. It wasn't right. How could she fight Drakol? She wasn't even sure how to feel about him anymore. She had anything but run away when Drakol got together with Dahlia. Before that, she had loved him to madness, and even though it didn't quite steal all her sense, her love for him was still there, and still strong. And he had saved her two times by bringing her back from the Death. How could she fight him?

And on the other hand... there was enough to be angry about. Drakol had never returned her feelings for him. The most he had done was acknowledge her existence. And when he had saved her, it had always been from something she had gotten into because of him. And then there was the issue with Dahlia... that burned in her soul like a fiery ball of anger and jealousy. If she used that anger, she would be able to fight him. But was it worth it?

"I... I don't... we...", she tried to talk, but words failed her. They didn't fail Cindy.

"YOU!", she said, her voice a mix of delight and a sliver fear, "Do you have any idea what you have done to my Musalis? I know. I know all about you. She talks about you all the time, how she looves you, and you ingoore her, and oooh, how hard it is to think about you and Dahlia... while I don't approve of Musalis falling in love, I really don't approve of you ignoring her love for you. I'd say you deserve to have to anguish you brought her paid back ten times. But I've see the anguish you brought her, late at night, all alone, crying over lost love. I've seen it, and let me tell you, it's not possible to have ten times as much sorrow. You should be... deserve... you... I'll..."

"That's enough, Cindy.", said Musalis, finding her voice again. Amazingly, Cindy stopped talking. Musalis was grateful, but only for an instant before her thoughts returned to Drakol, and the battle ahead. She couldn't see a way to stop it, short of forfeiting. But that wasn't an option. Musalis wasn't fighting in this tournament for herself, but for Ochre. Still, if not stop, then she could at least postpone the battle. If only for a little while.

"Don't listen to her.", she said, "We've been though a swamp and a lot of stress recently. But... didn't you have a companion yourself? A snake? Was it... Sikoma?"

((If you still have your snake at this point, ignore the last part))

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:23 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Drakol wasn't exactly pleased to see Musalis on the disc across from him. He had no desire to fight yet another member of The Circle, and certainly not one that had help him, and he had helped in turn. To top it off, she carried a small piece of her soul within her little bony body which had lead to the corruption of his spirit with necrotic energy. Of course, he didn't know of the taint lingering about his soul at this time.

Musalis was utterly shocked of course. How could she not be? Had his first battle not been against Dahlia, Drakol probably would have been similarly shocked. As it stood however the drow was able to simply chuckle at the cruel irony of this tournament. First he had to put down his mate, and now he would need to put down one that loved him to a degree that might rival Dahlia herself.

The talking book didn't let him forget that love either. She raked him over the coals and back again, and then once more for good measure. What she said was true of course - Drakol had all but ignored Musalis' feelings, but there was nothing he could do about that. He had plans to fulfill, and Musalis was simply not someone that he could love. There were two dimensions to love, emotional and physical. On the emotional level the two were vastly different - Musalis was still a girl whereas Drakol was an old soul, over a century and a half old.

The physical aspect was quite simple. Every man has his needs, and Musalis simply didn't fulfill them. Dahlia on the other hand matched Drakol much better. Add the fact that they were of a similar race, pursuit, and she had blind-sided him... well, the choice was obvious.

"My apologies, Cindy, but there is little I can do about that. Musalis and I are too different to be together. It is not my fault that she fell in love with me, nor is it my fault that I could not reciprocate. You are laying blame where no blame is due." Drakol's tone turned forceful, "Now be silent and don't speak until spoken to, your voice grates on me so."

Musalis' words brought the image of a sword snicking off Sikoma's head and caused him to finger that head strung around his neck. "As to Sikoma, he is dead. He lost his head in a fight with Jaedin, and he hasn't come back since. It is a depressing fact of life, but one must move on." Drakol gestured to the vortex around him, "And now here I am. I've triumphed over a naken Sylvaan and Dahlia herself to make it here, and I fear that you are but the next stepping stone to the top.

"This is nothing against you of course. I would rather not fight you if I didn't have to, and I will not hold it against you if you win, but I must succeed. This is the shortest path to divinity.
Drakol drew his kris and pointed it at Musalis' ribcage.

[Colour Beam, 3/3/2]

"And so it comes to this." Drakol spoke the arcane words to the spell and felt the mana begin to flow into him. The mana came flowing from the vortex and the 'ground' beneath him, but when the ground held stable there was no need to worry. The power cascaded around and then into him, and then through him.

The beam emerged from the kris and streaked across the disc. The spell might have hit, only Drakol did not take into account the rotation of the disc, and instead of striking true the spell passed a meter and a half to her left.

Well... that's unpleasant. This is going to be difficult.

With a problem discovered, Drakol began to advance across the disc with kris in hand.

[Colour Beam, 2/3 remain]

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:14 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

((I'm assuming "to her left" is left as seen from Drakols side, so right as seen by Musalis))

Musalis hadn't expected her stall for time to work, but she had hoped. And now, inevitably, the battle had started. Musalis saw the magic course though Drakol's body, collecting in his kris to become a spell. Had he already forgotten that she could see his magic, getting a warning ahead of his actual attack? Enough time to allow her to prepare for an evasive action? Musalis jumped to her right side, just as a beam was fired in her direction. Just as expected, the beam missing her. But surprisingly, it went far on the other side. Had Drakol expected her to jump to her right? Musalis landed, and studied her opponent. No, he had looked confused too, if only for a moment. But then why would Drakol miss, and especially by that much? Had he lost his aim? Somehow, Musalis found this hard to believe.

Maybe it was a property of the battle field, though she couldn't see any magic that could change the flight of projectiles. There was only one thing left to do... test. Throw things, and see if they, too were affected, or if it only was meant for magic. And, while she was occupied doing that, she could start her main strategy for mostly any battle - pray for help from Ochre while trying to stay alive until it arrived.

Musalis took a metaphorical deep breath, and started to let her voice ring over the battle field. It took her a few lines to get the resonance from the tornado worked out, but then her voice was clear and strong.

"The wheel of fate turns once more
Bringing us together again
And it is almost like it was before
In battle we clash
Causing such pain"

Finding something to throw, though, wasn't really easy. There were no small rocks to pick up. She only had what she had brought with her. And of those things, there wasn't really much she wanted to throw. She would need most of them. Maybe her robe, as it wasn't that important. But, on the other hand, it hid her new mage mail. Drakol didn't know about that jet, and Musalis decided it was a good idea to continue keeping it secret. Also, a robe wasn't the best thing to throw, it didn't fly too straight. That left... the flute. Once a gift from Ochre, it had long since lost its powers. Musalis just kept it for nostalgic reasons. But it would do.

"Just like destiny's sound
The tornado goes round
Bringing us together
Tearing us apart
I wonder whether
It'll break my heart
Again
And again
Like before"

Musalis found the flute, and threw it, aiming a Drakol. She wasn't a perfect throw, but even she wouldn't normally miss by over two meters to the right. Yet that was where the flute flew by. Musalis tried to find out how it was sent to the side, but there was no magic involved. It had to be something else.

"With a single twirl of our fates
The tables could turn
Standing at the futures gates
In battle we clash
With much to learn

And just like destiny's sound
The tornado goes round
Bringing us together
Tearing us apart
I wonder whether
It'll break my heart
Again
And again
Like before"

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:34 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(The disc is rotating counter-clockwise. This would cause them to pass to your left since we are moving to the right. The spell passes to your left, just as the flute passes to my left)
Musalis' song was heartfelt and rang with truth, but Drakol didn't let it phase him - there was no point. Her feelings were not his, and he wasn't exactly one to feel sympathy for anybody. At times he even had a hard time sympathizing with Dahlia who was his mate - he wasn't a man given to sympathy of any sort. If Musalis wanted to have her heart broken over this then he was fine with it.

The only thing that would bother Drakol is the loss of a person that he could trust. That would be an unpleasant side effect, but nothing that Drakol couldn't deal with. He had spent years on his own and would be able to do so again. Not completely alone, of course. Dahlia would always be by his side and would be someone that he could count on. Never again would he be alone.

Seeing the little skeleton toss about her cherished flute was a little strange. It was heartening, however, to see that Musalis' attacks were also thrown awry by battleground. That meant that the disc itself was rotating and that there wasn't some invisible force working to push magic aside. Drakol felt that he might be able to compensate for the change, assuming that the battlefield spun at the same speed the whole time. Of course, that meant that Drakol would also need to throw spells at the same speed and from the same distance... it was simply too complicated. He needed to get closer.

He had no close-range weapons that would work effectively against Musalis, but SHE had a weapon that would work quite effectively against him. Luckily Drakol had a large number of spells that would be effective against her, and he was able to put more than enough power into his attacks to blow her away after only one strike. He would just need to get close enough.

Outside of sword reach but close enough to not be effected by the rotation of the disc. It was a small range to stay within but Drakol could do it.

And so he did. His advance stopped about twelve feet away from Musalis. It was the far edge of the available range, but it was all that Drakol could do. So he bent his knees and took a ready stance. He hadn't drawn Manaburn yet - there was no point, manabreak would suffice.

[Colour Beam, 3/3/2]

This would be an experimental attack and little more. If the spell still went wide then he would need to get closer, and that was the last thing that he wanted to do. Mana flowed into his body and gathered for a moment, intensifying his glowing form before flowing like liquid light down his arm and into the crystal shard and then firing out the tip.

The beam looked like a rainbow, only much more dangerous. It would strike like a powerful martiartist's kick, enough to break ribs or dislocate bones. The spell flew true but slightly to Musalis' left, homing in on the left side of the ribcage rather than the centre that Drakol was aiming for. That would need to be acceptable, getting any closer would just be too dangerous. This would need to do. NOW the fight could begin.

[Colour beam, 1/3 remains]

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:20 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(It seems I forgot to put the [Praying]-tag at the end of the last post. What are the rules for that? Doesn't the post count in the prayer?)
(The Cindy-Bible-Bash doesn't have targeting difficulties, since the distance is closed instantaneously)

Again Drakol charged a spell, and again Musalis could see it well early enough to take a step to the side. But this time, the beam was much closer. If she hadn't moved, it would have hit her in the chest - as it was, the beam seared the edge of the robe. Much to close for comfort, Musalis decided. If she got just a little less time to react, the next attack might actually do some damage. This was where she was supposed to take the offensive, but there were two reasons Musalis was reluctant to do so. The first was that she still wasn't mentally ready to attack Drakol with anything that might harm him.

"Turing our back at out past
We stand both alone
Against each other at last
In battle we clash
By the wind blown

Just like destiny's sound
The tornado goes round
Bringing us together
Tearing us apart
I wonder whether
It'll break my heart
Again
And again
Like before"

The second was that she still was unsure about whether she would be able to hit him. By carefully watching Drakols attack, she had seen that he didn't aim straight for her, but rather a bit to her right. And then he had almost hit her. Seeing as her flute too had been diverted, she should be able to compensate by aiming for a place to the right of Drakol, and... and it occurred to Musalis that this was a silly consideration. She didn't need to be able to hit him at a distance, since she had no ranged attacks that required aiming. She either attacked at close range, or used her voice, which filled the entire area.

Why do we have to fight?
Why are we here?
Why can't we do what's right?
Not clash in battle
But be friends

"Oh, you are using too long time. My turn.", Cindy said. Before Musalis could ask herself what a bible could do, she felt herself infused with strength. She recognized it. This was the latest gift from Ochre, allowing her to draw power from Cindy, and use it to close the distance to a target and hit it with more force than normal. She had only used this a few times for training, never in battle. However, this time was different. She didn't so much draw power from her bible as got it forced on her. Musalis hadn't even know that Cindy could initiate this technique herself. The moment of surprise was all it took for the attack to be completed. Before Musalis could stop, she found herself in front of Drakol, with Cindy in her hand, and hit her love with more than her normal strength.

Sent flying back from the impact, Musalis shook with realization that she had actually hit Drakol just now. It took a lot of will not to fall to her knees, and ask him for forgiveness. But this was a battle, she reminded herself. Sooner of later, she would have had to attack him anyway. This was just speeding things up.

[Cindy Bible Bash used, 2x left]
[Praying, Post 1 or 2 (see above)]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:37 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(That will be your second post of prayer. Just because you forgot to put the notation doesn't mean that you failed to pray)

Drakol was reassured by the close passing of his spell. That meant that he was within range, so long as he aimed to compensate for movement. At greater range it would be difficult, but at this range it would be relatively easy. Musalis was singing again, as she was won't to do when calling upon her god for assistance. Drakol had felt Ochre's touch before - and experience that he was loathe to repeat. He wished that he could prevent Musalis' song-bird prayer, but that was impossible - he would need to ability to silence his enemies in order to do that, an area of magic that he had no knowledge of.

Musalis appeared hesitant to attack him. That was good, it would make victory easier to come by. He had no qualms about fighting Musalis. He had already fought and beaten Dahlia. If he could fight his mate, how could he have an issue about fighting a friend? The idea was just silly. He was getting ready to cast another spell when he learned something interesting about the book that Musalis called her friend.

That there was no love lost between Drakol and Cindy was no secret. That she could attack, however, was a surprise that Drakol didn't expect.

Cindy chastised Musalis for taking too long at the same time that Drakol felt a sudden surge in power. It felt... odd, probably because it was god magic and not pure mana or spiritual energy. The sheer strength of the surge was staggering, and for a moment Drakol wondered if he was going to die then and there. He braced himself for impact and caught a glimpse of Musalis suddenly blinking forward and swinging her bible viciously forward.

Drakol was startled, and through reflex alone brought his dagger up to try to deflect the incoming attack. Normally that would have been enough, but the sudden teleportation was not the only part of this attack.

The bible crashed through Drakol's fragile crystalline dagger, causing sharp shards of crystal to spray outward. The blow didn't stop at shattering the blade. It also slammed against the solid hilt and knocked Drakol's arm backward - directly into his chest. It was a winding blow, and it certainly forced a stagger and a gasp for breath. Drakol couldn't even counterattack. His weapon was broken and Musalis was out of range, not that it would have mattered anyway - Musalis was a skeleton after all.

Drakol was breathing heavily, his left wrist hurt, and his hand was bleeding from being pricked by flying shards of crystal. He was already feeling worn and battered, and the battle had hardly begun. That was... unpleasant. Drakol drew Manaburn with his right hand, clasping the remaining grip and pommel of his shattered crystal in his left hand. He had to fight back...

[Crystal Lances, 2/3/3]

Drakol spoke a few breathless arcane words and extended his left hand. He aimed just like before - slightly off to the side of Musalis' chest to allow for the movement of the floor. Magic spiraled through the air and into his body, filling him with a brief burst of vigor before it rushed down his left arm and out of the remains of the broken dagger.

The bodies of the shards were two feet long, topped by a forked head composed of two prongs that were each six inches long. There were four in all, and they were oriented vertically with about eight inches between each one. It might seem an odd choice of head when a blunt head would deal much more damage, until one considered that the forks would catch Musalis' ribs much more effectively and have a much lower chance of simply passing through her ribs. In fact, it was quite likely that they would not pass through her ribs at all.

For now, that was all Drakol could do. He was still too badly winded to do much else. Things were looking grim already.

[Crystal Lances, 2/3 remain]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:31 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Musalis decided that being able to see magic was her single most powerful ability in this battle. Even if it only gave her notice of an incoming attack a moment prior. That could still be the difference between being crushed by a spell and just loosing an arm. The problem, of course, was that she didn't know the spells. She could only assume that getting out of the way was a good idea. But she couldn't move too soon, either, or Drakol would know where she intended to go. It was about finding the exactly right moment, dodging just when it was already clear where the spell would go, and nothing could change that anymore.

There.

Musalis stepped to her right, and twisted slightly, so that her side was towards Drakol. It wasn't much, but it did limit the amount of area that could be hit. But it wasn't enough. Drakol had sent several shards of magic towards her, and two of them caught her. One only slightly grazes her left arm, but the other caught her in the back. Since she stood sideways, it should have just torn the fabric at back, and left her mostly unharmed. But since it was a fork, one of the tips got caught in her robe. As it continued, it pulled her with it, waist first. Thus thrown off her feet, Musalis was sent against the nearest side of the tornado. To her relief, that didn't mean she fell a few thousand feet. Instead, the inside of the tornado seemed to act as a wall. Which still meant that it hurt being thrown against it.

"Careful, fool! You could have hit me, and then my entire wrath would have been unleashed! Trust me, you don't want to mess with the bible!"

Musalis ignored Cindy and got up, a little shaky, and feeling hurt. Part of it was physical, of course - you didn't get thrown against walls without any consequences. But her mind had picked up on the hurt, and amplified it by reminding her on all the times she had been hurt due to Drakol. Most of it was emotional, because he didn't love her back. But still... why did he do all this to her, over and over again? What had she done to deserve such an unrequited love? Whhyyyy?

Whimpering at the unfairness of her relationship to Drakol and the world in general, Musalis didn't really know what to do next. It was all to much for her. Again.

"... musalis? ... are you okay?"

-

One more logical thinking part of her mind observed that she was really too emotional around Drakol, bouncing between love, sorrow, hope, anger, self-loathing, regret, love, and most other known feelings as if she was a metaphorical rubber ball. Another part that was thinking clearly remarked that this might not be a bad thing; reacting unpredictably might confuse Drakol. Also, we can use our feelings.

Riiiight, the first part remarked, and just how can we use this... I guess its sorrow? With a hint of self-loathing and regret?

How about this, the second part answered after a while, we channel it into a song. Good, real emotions make good songs, so we might easier please Ochre.

Sounds like a plan, the first part of Musalis' mind agreed, But lets start, before we are drowned in this feely mess. Alright, everybody... a song! You know your task, go, go, go!

-

Somewhere inbetween pitying herself for not being loved by Drakol, Musalis felt a song rise within her. She didn't question it, but just sang. As the song progressed, she felt her mind clear a bit, as if singing of her emotions let them out of her body.

"Why
do I cry
when you are near
Why
Do you hurt
me always, dear?

Tell me, when will my sorrow be gone?
Say, will we two ever be one?
Is there really no hope for us?
None at... all?

Why
did I follow