It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: -peeks around the corner- Uhm...hello
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:01 am 

Where shall I start? -taps chin thinking- Well I am Qardo (Car-doe) or I like to go by Q. I was suggested this site by Nuncia Algos out of the blue last night. I looked this site over. Being that I am in a RP rut with the other site I am a part of. Thought I give this a shot.

I am a pretty good Role Player. Got wide range of ideas and plots. I play both Male and Female roles...still as I know of this site. Most likely be stuck with one character for the moment. Be a bit of a change for me. I came from an adult site and well hard to know what the rules are when I dig around and can't find them for the site. >.> So yeah...I'll censor myself.

Oh and I know I should bring this up here. You missed one of the most important classes in the world. A BARD! How can you have an epic tails of great heroes of the past. -.- I like being a Bard. Still not making demands and don't know if anyone brought this up.

I just hope I enjoy my time here once I get my character sorted out. -waves-

Post subject: Re: -peeks around the corner- Uhm...hello
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:45 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Hey Qardo, By the way, rules and such for the general public/members are located here and here, overall this site is adult based, i dont know specific age groups, but a mod could definitly help ya out on that one... Basically think pg17+ so no big descriptions of nudity, no rape scenes (I know that one for sure), detailed gore is allowed, but dont go overboard.... Other than that profanity from what I know is not forbidden within battle and rp (obvious respect taken outside of them) if your character has a sailor mouth, but moderation is the key, i guess....

And by the way, Musalis is pretty much our bard, lol. She sings to her gods to get boons and destroy her enemies that way, so you can be a bard, but your songs may not really be effective in battle unless your praying lol. You can always be a singing Druid lol. and custom weapons/items costs vary, moderators are nice, do not fear them. Well do fear them, but only out of respect XD

Other than that, get a character up already! I'm waiting to see what you can give us! Don't be afraid, everyone's nice, well except Drakol and Nuncia, but other than that all the characters are nice (for the most part), and the people behind them are more than welcoming!

**note: cited for simplicities sake as well as giving ideas of different characters**

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:02 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Hi there Q! Glad to see a new vict- I mean member join up. Hope you do well. I believe the youngest member here, in the past, was around 13 (ddr?). But most I think are old senile men who can't get a life :roll: . <_<. All jokes aside, I think you'll fit in here quite well. Everyone is friendly in their own special way ^^.

Oh, and most of the classes are free flowing so, depending on what you can come up with, you could technically be a bard, though not specifically in that class.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17682

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:55 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Quote:
30. Q: What is the content rating of D.I.?
A: As a general rule of thumb, no content on D.I. should exceed P.G. 13. We recognise that scenes can get violent here, and sometimes a story has to be told a certain way (bloody artists). However, you must allways keep in mind that young children can and do browse the forum.

Taken from the Darkness Incarnate F.A.Q. found here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:39 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Welcome to the swamp! I mean, erm, world of Darkened amazingness!

I love the idea of a bard - it does kind of make sense to make it a class. However, it's been tradition around here to try to keep balance between classes by making them in threes. If you submit a class idea for the agility section (for example), the a caster and a combat class will need to accompany it as well. As many people have pointed out already, if you want a certain class archetype, we have most of them covered already and you could probably tweak one of the existing ones to meet your needs - something that I could highly suggest you try before attempting to reinvent the wheel.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:11 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

*raises hand*

We do have an overpowered Animist class that has failed to be remade 3 or 4 times. If you made the bard a spellcaster class we could 'bury' the animist.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:36 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

theDINGbat wrote:
Welcome to the swamp! I mean, erm, world of Darkened amazingness!

I love the idea of a bard - it does kind of make sense to make it a class. However, it's been tradition around here to try to keep balance between classes by making them in threes. If you submit a class idea for the agility section (for example), the a caster and a combat class will need to accompany it as well. As many people have pointed out already, if you want a certain class archetype, we have most of them covered already and you could probably tweak one of the existing ones to meet your needs - something that I could highly suggest you try before attempting to reinvent the wheel.

Balance is so fucked up around here anyway it doesn't really matter. Honestly I think we're in need of another full-site-revamp.

I mean if a psioniscist gets a powerful they get a wormhole which can be cast quick and put anywere you want. (someones coming at you? drop them 100 feet to the ground, oh no they're dead!)

Nighttime Waters wrote:
Quote:
30. Q: What is the content rating of D.I.?
A: As a general rule of thumb, no content on D.I. should exceed P.G. 13. We recognise that scenes can get violent here, and sometimes a story has to be told a certain way (bloody artists). However, you must allways keep in mind that young children can and do browse the forum.

Taken from the Darkness Incarnate F.A.Q. found here.

Ha! Rules.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:50 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Fire Mage has a spell that literally shoots lava from their palm... I think that's roughly the same power level as dropping you from the sky.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:38 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Scottsonknight wrote:
Fire Mage has a spell that literally shoots lava from their palm... I think that's roughly the same power level as dropping you from the sky.

There's also a powerful that shoots little diamonds that cause internal bleeding in any oraface they enter. HOW ARE THESE THINGS FAIR?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:56 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

They're not. But to quote OSO in a conversation I once had with him.

"The biggest weakness of these strong/awesome skills/spell/specials, is the fact you can't use them."

I think if I had Magma shot and melted an opponent in an extremely unfair move I'd probably lose the battle for being unfair. Now if I were fighting Drakol, Ein, Jaedin, or any other really powerful character and I use it then i could get away with it because the need was there.

Does that make any sense?

What I'm getting at is basically;

Damage doesn't decide victory.
Skills do not decide power.
What decides power is the people.

These things only work when people are being fair, and by that same logic the fair person will not go out of their way to make things unfair for you. its a boring read and a huge deterrent from making people want to vote for you. If there is any form of HP in DI... It is how many people want to vote for you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:02 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Yeah I know what you're saying. I just feel things should either get re-balanced or we should just throw balance out the window, not worry TOO much about balancing new classes and add some more variety.

Or, you know, keep everything the same and just stick with this honor system. I just feel we need some evolution around here. Maybe it's just me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:11 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

I think perhaps you misunderstand what Ding meant by 'Balance'.

He simply means have the same number of combat classes, to agility, to caster. Do we need to do it this way? No, most definitely not. Its just how DI has been operating and how the mods want it operated.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:15 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Oh I see.

Meh, oh well. It works I suppose

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:37 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

PG - 13. *Looks at Flame's signature* PG - 13!

Oh, I wish I had a boyfriend! I wish I had a loving man in my life. I wish I had a father, and maybe then I would have turned out right!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:51 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Horrible Person wrote:
PG - 13. *Looks at Flame's signature* PG - 13!

sirry birrer