It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Round 4... Or 5, I forget...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:30 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Alright, so I may be back.

If anyone remembers me, I used to be the pseudo-douche (Read: Full-blown douche) who puttered around and drove away people who wanted to live as their all-time favorite super-kawaii-anime-awesome-Naruto-look-alike. Then I returned and actually wrote for a little while. Then dropped off again as college started full steam. Then moved to Colorado and got engaged, and announced my return. Which never happened. What did happen, in short, is I got fired for some petty nonsense, had to move back to Kentucky (Yes, my bluegrass-home-away-from-home.), and ended up breaking up with Danielle. (Who, I assume, is still thought of as my unconscious female equivalent choice to Biller - at least to him. If you don't remember him, and he doesn't return here anymore, don't worry about it.)

Well, now that I'm back, have a new job (Factory work, 6-7 days a week, 8-10 hours a day) and am getting back on my feet, I will most definitely have to to get back into the swing of things. In fact, I may have a character revamp/rework or completely new character for you all to tear into tiny little scribbly bits sometime within the next day or so.

So, barring any unfortunate asshattery that should occur, I'll creep back into my little corner, sweep out the dust and cobwebs, and get used to being myself again.

Good to be back...

Edit: In hindsight, I sound incredibly self-centered. I really don't mean to come across like that, but I'm in the 'Old-War-Vet' sort of mood. Y'know? "I've seen some things man, and some stuff." kind of nostalgia that seems to overwhelm us every now and then? Eh, either way you take it, I'm definitely excited to be back.

Maybe have someone who remembers little old me give me a rundown.

Please?

Post subject: Re: Round 4... Or 5, I forget...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:10 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Well, you're back. Back again. (Tell your friends?)

*drumroll*

Here's the rundown:

- Perhaps the craziest thing that's happened around here is the mod turnover since the last time that you were around. I know that much has happened since you were gone because it's relatively recent (although it's all relative at this point). OSO and DC were officially decommissioned as mods, OSO at his request and DC through it being a ridiculously long time since he's been here. leboyX has been lurking, but has apparently been really busy. Add Tengu to that mix as well. We had a deathjet sighting as well. Due to the fact that Yoz and I were holding down the fort, we needed a bit of help, especially because of the fact that the next KoD was just on the horizon.

Enter Nighttime Waters...became a mod and has done a rather good job since then. She brings a different personality to the group, which is something we needed.

- The Foundations Tournament, which you were in, eventually ended with Boy Killa :) finishing at the top of the heap. She's also made a recent "boo" move and seems to be on the way back, consistently posting some of her story. I really enjoyed writing the narrative/opening posts for the tournament, which led to...

- The KoD, which is still ongoing, started with a large number of brave souls and through various surrenders, time-outs and the occasional mod decision, has been pared down to three contenders for the crown. In recent/current action, jodai (warlock) is taking on bluedragonfire (priest) in a battle that has taken some rather interesting turns. In the other semi-final, Khan Novaneau (martial artist) surrendered to Nighttime Waters (samurai) in a match that definitely had its bumps and bruises.

- We had a PQ come and go with OSO. It looked rather intricate and epic. It kind of flopped when he left and took all his ideas with him...

- RPs seem to be gaining a bit more popularity, as are battles that have more than two participants. The completion rate is roughly the same as always.

- You may notice some new faces and a couple of old vets still running around, can't give you specifics - just be nice to the people you don't know... :lol:

- The power levels have also shifted a lot in character development. Drakol, Ein and Grimmar have all gone into more permanent retirement. Yoz's new character is Tiam, a human bandit (his name for a samurai variant) and mine is Lok'tar, the greatest warrior EVER (my name for a greatest WARRIOR ever variant).

- All in all, things have been a little flat around here, but we're plugging along.

- Also, spam...it's been annoying. We try to keep it down...

Feel free to take a look around, ask questions and PM me if anything comes up. Good to see some old blood returning!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:27 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

I remember tho i doubt you remember me... A while back i joined and you were actually the one to set me on the path to making a caster who fell to the wayside and with the burning of an inn disappear well... forever but needless to say Welcome back and happy hunting
~Az

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:44 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

+ I've been gone a long time too, I've had a baby (yay) and now i'm back hopefully for another long hall hopefully.

EDIT: OH !!! and i changed my name from BK as 3 years ago it sounded funny to me (...) but now it grated every time i had to log in.

Katherine Darksmith