Some random adventurer wrote:
It all became easier.
I'm not sure when... and I'm not sure how. But it did.
What was once time consuming and pain-staking has now become second nature to me. Some would say I've mastered martial-arts...
But somehow, I feel as though I've just gotten started.
~Qui Gong Ming, Shaolin Martial-Artist
Few and far between, Master Classes are attained by a special means, either by the use of a medal, or an event of some kind. They can do a wide variety of things... perhaps augmenting your natural talents or giving you a bonus from a different, but similar, class. They can also be used to add new mechanics to a character or even bend certain rules that would otherwise be untouchable with normal skills. They can also completely revolutionize your character, perhaps by turning a living creature completely undead without any of the pitfalls. Everything is subject to approval by the panel of mods.
While only a Bronze medal is needed, using a higher-grade medal will result in extra gold for that character. A Silver medal will give 5 additional gold and a Gold medal will offer 10.
Each person masters their class in their own way. While one martial-artist might hone their melee skills to that of perfection, another might find mastery in a delicate balance between ranged and close combat.
While getting to choose your own, unique mastery, this doesn't come without rules. Clearly, a berserker that has no affiliation with the arcane would have difficulty understanding and using it, which would mean that their spells are naturally weaker than a TRUE wizards and, then, they might not be able to understand the more complex spells. Or a psionicist that has no prior melee ability wouldn't be nearly as skilled as a fighter would be.
Master Classes are subject, but not limited to, these rules:
A Master Class can yield up to 6 weak attribute increases, 3 medium increases, 1 strong and 1 medium increase, or any other combination that can be thought of.
1. Fighter Classes may take on the ability to cast spells, but they will only ever be able to cast 'weak' spells, and all spells must be custom (thus costing a medium).
2. Caster Classes may take on the ability to use specials, but they will only ever be 'weak' in strength, but will cost 3 gold as well as a weak special.
3. Summoners may not take on the ability to cast spells, but may take on the ability to create up to medium strength specials at an increased cost.
4. Agility Classes may take on the ability to cast spells, but they will only ever be able to cast (up to) 'medium' spells, and all spells must be custom (thus costing more).
5. One type of class unique skills (such as Ki attacks or Critical Strike skills) may be attained at a regular cost. Each Master Class is subject to approval by almost every moderator before use.Examples:Zoanthrope -- This master class is for Binky, the Shape Shifter. Although he loves ALL of his transformations, He has grown fond of one, specific form. His favored form is the 'Dire Weasel', allowing him to change into it twice per battle. This favored form also lasts 1 post longer than it used to, and has only a 1 post 'cool down' before being able to shift into something else. No other forms are effected by this upgrade.
Manipulator of Existence -- This master class is for Bonky, the Monster Tamer. It has been a long time since someone was seen with such a power. Individuals able to control all forms of creatures, be it otherworldly or not. Coming across a strange artifact, Bonky has risen to their ranks. He's gained 7 spirit-shackles and the ability to cast weak summons from the summoner class (following the same rules).
Silencer -- This master class is for Blonky, the Assassin. While killing without a sound is always good, Louie has found a better way to do it-- by becoming a part-time martial-artist. While still fully able to wield a dagger, he's learned how to manipulate the Ki in his body to help get the task done. He instantly gets the martial-artist's 'Ki' ability, and can now create ki-oriented specials. In addition, his overall combat ability is increased... mostly with his fists though.
Arch-Knight -- This master class is for Donkey, the Fighter. Having slew his share of magic-casters, it's no suprise that some of their weird powers have gotten into his system. While his magic is weaker and he isn't able to understand the more complex stuff, Donkey can cast 'weak' Wizard's spells. However, they are always custom (thus costing a medium).Please do not bother a Moderator with your Master Class idea unless you currently have a Medal in your possession.