It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Poll: Foundations FFPO: Scottsonknight vs. koko_menoso
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:22 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Honestly, I think that the battle could have been played better on both sides; but that's the way that things go. It's really a matter of perception. Wolf suffered for it in his bout with BK - whether she would have still won if people saw things differently is a completely moot point. (Honestly, I think that the whole Ki system needs work...both on the special side and the way that people RP it in combat, but that's another argument for another section.)

Are you sure that you're not going to be fighting for third and you're going to concede?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:23 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

yes I am sure... I am actually going to make a new character I have been talking about with yoz for various reasons. Mostly the desire to get back to a character not so drowned in dramatic story. Although I love it I find that this is not the place for it, I have to do what is fun to do so going back to a character based around insanaty in its various forms is best for me.

And yes I know that I could have done better with posts.. a problem i have is I let my opponent get away with to much and just try to make that backfire on them. Instead of taking Kronk's double kick the way I did, perhaps I should have just PMed him with. "My back is pretty much up against the gate. There is now way an orc would fit behind me." Looking back on it that would have probably cut down on a lot of arguing and anger too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:44 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

There were quite a few posts of mine that i would have done differently in hindsight, i did alot of things very poorly in this last battle because i wrote a good amount of my posts while i was angry, which is definatly not a good way to do things.

Thank you everyone who took the time to read our confusing/troubling battle.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:58 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

SSK, you have an interesting way of doing battle in that there are usually veiled insults at your opponent and so it becomes more competitive. In all of the best fights I've ever had, it's been more of a story being written by two people with a lot of pms behind the scenes. Though I know we are technically "doing battle", it's never a bad thing to slow down and think about what you are writing. In some cases, you insult the writer rather than the character and that is something I really don't like to see. A prime example is that koko mentioned Newton's law but you felt it necessary to mention that your spiritualist was confused as to why the orc knew it. That was partly koko's fault too because he put that in quotation marks so it looked like Kronk was saying it. The point is, taunting your opponent in character is funny and all but taunting another writer makes you look like a dick.

That's pretty much it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:04 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

so you don't like my joke? if I remeber correctly I added a :P or something like that to the comment. But when Koko comes out and yells at me for assuming an orc to be stupid nothing?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:35 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

And that's why people should never assume things. It never leads to anything good.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:39 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

very true... I would think since I've been call out so many times by people thinking I'm mad in a post and me saying... I'm just messing around or the like, that people would assume i meant nothing by it. I just have to do like you wolf and be a character that is more like the REAL me. Smart ass half insane jokester.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:43 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Heh, yeah. The call to be sarcastic is one I cannot easily ignore either.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:27 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

That's the thing, SSK. Sarcasm is great but it doesn't convey well in written form. Wolf gets away with it because of two things: it's assumed he's being sarcastic and he's doing it on a character to character level. Sometimes, even if it's unintentional, you insult the writer behind the character instead of the character.

Maybe you could finish this tournament and then, however you want to explain it, your spiritualist could have a complete personality change. His specials and anything he's earned so far would stay but he would change his outlook on life and his goals in general. It seemed that you enjoyed the class but the dramatic background conflicted with how you wanted to role play. I would even suggest(though I'm not sure the mods would allow it), just making a new character with the exact same class/abilities/items/gold. Basically just change the name and the background story as well as the physical description and there you go!

EDIT: Disregard that second part, I didn't notice you had already whipped up a new character. He looks like he's going to be fun to have around.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:26 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

this isn't the only reason I'm leaving spiritualist... I have some really awsome ideas... but all of them involve powerfuls before i can even start.

And can you give more examples of me insulting the writer besides you misreading my joke? Sure I'll admit that I became mad at him and insults were flared to CaLash and Echo but that was well after that post. Ok not that well after I think it was the next post of his that really angered me... With him saying he booted me into the arena again.