It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: A study of Death (BDF & SSK)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:13 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

This RP comes right after this battle.

Musalis laughed slightly, her knife still at the animists throat. The laughter pearled though the air, mixing with the raindrops.

"You see, I have a good reason to be so interested in winning. It is not that I crave victory above all else. But i made a promise, that I will agree to being your study object if I loose. And I keep my promise. That is why I wouldn't like to loose this battle. It may be just words for you. But I am an undead of my words.
If I win, if only in words, I can choose not to answer all your questions, and skip your tests.
So, could you please surrender, so that we can move our conservation to other topics?"

The rain slowly fainted. The elephant had run pretty fast, so they had come out of the area with the unusually heavy rainfall. Now, the sky even cleared up for a moment, and Musalis could see the morning sun.

'That was really a long fight...' (These are thoughts)

(short introduction, I know. But i assume it gets more interesting later. That the post will be longer, too)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:37 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Rain falling upon my body, crimson dripping down upon pale locks and missing with the tears of god. The battle had been long and tiring, testing the endurance and adaptability of both myself and my foe. Claiming victory myself, I ended the battle and reclaimed her dagger for her, a gesture that was then spit upon my neck as the blade had found its way there through Musalis's actions. A foolish waste of necromancy she was, useful only to increase my own knowledge. This girl will offer me her life story and then she will die. Such a bothersome battle will not be rewarded. Life was demanded and life would be taken when the time was right.

The impudent whelp now dared to laugh at him. Claiming that she still had right to ask for victory over me. She finds the right to declare victory of I. I who had separated her from her weapons. I who had even severed her connection to God. I who was now giving her back both of these things. No reward of power was worth dealing with this girl's insolence.

?Little girl... You are still holding that knife to my throat... I have told you to lower it. You try my patience and began to irritate me. I advise you put the knife away and think about your action. What would your 'Angle of Music' say about killing a man who has no desire to fight you, and has even given you back your weapon.?

The beast they were riding upon halted, as to my command. The wolf that had been running toward us, once again went into hiding. If she insisted upon holding a blade to my throat, she will have to find her precious book herself.

The sun started to peak out behind the clouds. Strange, how one can lose track of time in the heat of battle. It felt like only a minuet but it hat actually lasted nearly an hour.

?Everything in life is a choice, you have always had the choice to not answer my question. Just keep in mind that every action has an opposite and equal reaction. If you do not answer my questions this senseless fight will start a new. Instead why don't we work a deal.? As if one were required, when I obtain what I need I shall slay her myself and do whatever I please to study her body. ?You will live on my clan turn for a time period that I see fit. While living there I promise to not harm you with my tests. You may leave the grounds between tests, granted you return of course. You will find that I can be more than hospitable when one is not threatening my life. Even more will you find I am one of the few who will offer you companionship.? A vibrant lie, deep down I feel only hatred for her, yet the saying goes, you shall catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar. ?What do you say??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:33 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Hope you don't mind if I join.
-
?Cut the sweet talk Randal? It doesn?t suite you? An irritated voice calls from behind the necromancer. From the depths of the murky water, a man sloshes onto muddy ground, un-amused at the sight of the skeleton girl latched onto the back of his companion. Stag had seen the battle that had taken place, but until now, he saw no reason to cut in. The brainy animist looked to have had things under his control. Now however, with a knife held to Randal?s throat, the assassin thought it time to match an unfair situation with yet another unfair situation. As long as Stag needed Randal alive, he would protect the animist, at least until Jeadin had been taken care of...

The flat of a steel blade was shoved diagonally across Randal?s neck, blocking the aggressor?s knife from touching pretty boy?s pale flesh; the other blade was held in front of the bone girl?s throat. Now would be the time for Randal to escape. Shove the assassin?s arm out, and the animist would no longer be held a captive. Boney would have no choice but to speak if she wished to keep her undeath.

Hot breath grazed the skeletal left cheek. His chin resting on her shoulder; his chest pressed against her spine. Never before had the assassin been so intimately close to an undead. Her body gave off a cold chill even from a distance. A churning feeling settled in the assassin?s stomach, but he did not lose his resolve. She would die again if she made the wrong decision.

?Let me make myself perfectly clear? No one kills this man but me. Lower the knife? I?ll set you free.? The assassin told no lie, but he would not hesitate to sever the girl's spine. He wasn't the type to draw things out with idol conversation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:32 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Things were happening fast. Musalis had been the one in control, with her knife at Randals throat. Even though he did not seem to notice that his life was in real danger. But just before she could answer, and prove to him that she was not afraid of hurting him, someone interrupted.

Musalis looked at this newcomer, but could not make her mind up what to think about him. Was he here to kill Randal? Or was he his friend? Anyway, Musalis was not in a condition to pick up a new fight right now. So she lowered her dagger. Ignoring the new stranger, she spoke to Randal.

"You claimed victory for yourself. You should know that you do get to decide that yourself. Only your opponent can decide that you win, by surrendering. As for now, the battle was interrupted... so it's a draw. Ask the questions I promised to answer, so that I may leave."

Last edited by bluedragonfire on Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:19 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

This girl continues to prove a pain to everyone. Not lowering her blade until another one was introduced to the equation. A short sword, and to be more exact, Stag's short sword. So he had worried about my condition, how cute, and unnecessary. Though the blade did threaten my life, she was not thinking strait and could easily be distracted, much like a six year old child.

?Stag, always wishing to think I owe you one, your interference was unnecessary. Believe it or not there are better ways to solve a problem the killing a dead girl. Sometimes diplomacy is better than violence, though it is a rare occurrence to be sure.?

?As for you Musalis. For one no longer bound to time, you sure seem to be in a hurry. Very well.? I say while moving Stag's blade and spinning in my sitting position. ?Stag I believe you job her is done, say whatever witty banter you wish then you may be on your way.? My partner, never much for research, would rather be almost anywhere at this moment. Just as well, he was not needed, nor should he know of any advancements I may make with my creations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:22 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

?Heh?? The assassin couldn?t help but smile a bit at Randal?s comment. Though a very intelligent man, his ego would get the best of him if said the wrong thing to the wrong person. Stag was one of these wrong people, but for the time, the necromancer was not expendable. It was obvious that he was spitting bullshit. With the slightest motion, the skeleton creature?s knife could have dealt him fatality had Stag not intervened. However, Randal was right; his presence here was no longer needed. Walking past the disgruntled six-year-old, he offers her a cold shoulder before turning his head to say a few final words.

?Yes Randal, I see your point. However, next time, do try to keep control of your peons. I?m sure this girl would agree? its kind of pathetic to see a six-year-old have you in such a compromising position. If I didn?t need you, I would have been more than happy to see her slit your throat.?

Intense eyes leave Randal, and pressing his feet back into the muck, he throws a hand over his shoulder, a weak wave goodbye. Then, he begins to trek his way back to clan turf. Unlike most allies, Stag did not trust Randal. Wherever the necromancer went, he kept very close tabs on. Who was to say if Stag would have killed Musalis or not? The real question is? with his blades having been so close to the necromancer?s neck, would he have killed Randal if he was angry enough? The answer is obvious? yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:08 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Musalis hadn't noticed that she had been tense, until Randal finally agreed to a tie. Now calm, she looked back, and noticed that she probably had been tense throughout the battle. That wasn't normal. Being tense in battles always made you make bad decisions. And yes, she quickly found mistakes in her actions.

"Letting go of my bible... throwing my only good weapon away... at the same time giving him the ultimate weapon against me... what was i thinking?
I have been really tense. Why? I need to find out, so that it doesn't happen again. Fighting like this, I am no better than a child."

Musalis quickly went through the beginning of the battle. She had been confident. That wasn't bad. You had to be confident in yourself to fight good. And in the beginning, the battle hadn't gone bad for her.

"It was when he took out my left arm", she realized, "I became aware of the fact that he might win. And that made me tense, because a victory on his side would mean acting as a mindless puppet."

Even now, the thought of this sent a chill down her bones. Her whole existence rebelled against the thought of not being able to decide her own actions. She would have to remember that. It was always good to be aware of the weaknesses. The thought of death, on the other hand, did not frighten her at all. She was undead, so to her, death was just an other state of live. A necessary one.

Having sorted out her inner feelings, Musalis turned her attention back to her surroundings. The elephant was still standing without motion on the vast plains, carrying herself and the animist. The other man, Stag, was walking away from them.

Musalis waited for Randal to make continue the conservation... wait a minute. Suddenly she remembered that her opponent had been hit in the battle.

"You are hurt. We have to deal with your wounds before you ask these questions of yours. Is there any place nearby where we can get some medicinal herbs, or anything like that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:50 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Stag made his leave with a half assed wave that could very well had been a middle finger in disguise. Stag and Randal were quite the odd couple, though there was no one better to watch the other?s back. Both were using each other, and both were aware of it. Though they have yet to test their skills as a team, both knew that all petty differences would be abandoned when battle was at hand, and with the interference of Chris Lash, a battle had already to be set in motion.

This, Chris Lash, was the reason Randal had searched out Stag. A mere coincidental meeting had entwined them in a grudge. Stag had hired Chris to track down Jaedin, just to add a little annoyance to his life. However, Stag had not count on one thing, Chris winning the fight. Though Jaedin was still alive, so was Chris and that was winning enough. The fact that Chris was not only alive, but in any condition to fight, let alone take on a man with a track record of Jaedin. Obviously he was still in contact with the one known as Diabolus, but that was not the matter at hand.

The child seemed to be lost in thought now. She was probably thinking of the battle that had just ended. Perhaps now she would think clearly and be able to listen to reason. Regardless she was still useful to Randal, and would be even more so if she would join him. True before Stag entered the situation, there was no question to kill the girl. Now though it was all to clear that Randal and Stag would someday do battle, when the other was no longer useful. Musalis was suddenly broken out of silence with a surprising display of concern.

?There is no need to worry, what you did to me is the least of my worries right now. Before we talk about your condition I want to ask you a question. What are your thoughts on humans??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:57 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

(Stag is just lurking behind us, so I see no need for him to post. Which means it is my turn)

Musalis was surprised over the question. She would have expected something more... something that had more to do with death. He really didn't seem like someone who cared for others opinions.

Humans... what were her thoughts about them? She hadn't met so many people yet in her new existence. The priests at the temple. And the men who destroyed the temple. Good and bad...

"Humans? Like any other races, or even more than other races, they differ from each other. So I can't say I have one category for all of them. I try to judge each one as a single case. The race doesn't create the person. The soul does.

What about you? What is your opinion about humans?"

Last edited by bluedragonfire on Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:46 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

?Vermin, they?re all vermin. Warring with each other, even when they are the one advanced race in the world. Killing their brother for power, or just for the sake of an argument. If allowed to shape this world, it will as well rot.?

His hatred for human filth now revealed, it was time for more important matters. Matters like the girls past. So many things could be learned from the story of this girl. This ?Spontaneous Animation? as she claims, could very well be the missing link he needed to maintain the souls of his undead.

?Tell me everything you can remember about your new found life, leave no detail hidden no matter how small you feel it may be.?

Still he sat there on the neck of the stationary elephant, waiting for a reply. Pondering the usefulness of this woman and debating weather or not to end her after the information was collected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:02 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

What a hatred for humans. Even though he was one himself. Musalis did not quite understand why he felt this way. But hatred for the ones close was almost always stronger than hatred for a stranger. It could seem Randal had had an unlucky childhood, and that was why he did not like other humans. It was normally something like this. Feelings of such strength came almost always from childhood. That was at least what the priest had told her.

Anyway, she could do little with this now, and she was no human. So it didn't affect her much.

The next thing the animist said made her angry again.

"I only said I would answer a few questions! And he is ordering me around as if I was his servant. If he wants complete answers, a little bit of common courtesy wouldn't be out of place."

"My new life? Well, I came to life. After that, I found a temple, where I learned about Ochre and took him as my God. Then, the temple got smashed, and I ended up alone in the great plains, and walked a looong time to get out of there. Until I met you, and now I am on an elephant, not alone. But I still want to get away from thee boring plains."

That was her new life in a nutshell. A small nutshell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:50 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The child had mistaken his question about her animation. Instead of the event of her new life, she had bored him with her new life?s story. The only useful piece of information in the bundled wrap of useless words was that god had no entered her life until after her animation, meaning her resurrection was not a work of god. It was time to rephrase his question.

?That is nice to know, your life is full of misfortune. However it was not what I meant. I need to know the details of your animation. The dead do not come to life without the aid of either a Necromancer or possibly a god. Though I do not believe you would be one such case for either to animate. Perhaps you soul was never harvested by the shinigami? I won?t be able to tell you anything before I hear every detail of animation.?

This child was quite the interesting subject, merely because she was of no use to anybody with the ability to animate her.

[For those who don't know, 'Shimigami' is what the Japanese version of our 'Grim Reaper'... the person (or people, plural usually) that harvest souls of the dead.

I don't THINK he's talking about bleach.] -- OSO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:56 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Misfortune? Well, you could look at it like that. Musalis never had. She thought of life as a melody, a piece of music. It had been logical. After a quite period, at the temple, there had to come something to bring back motion into her life. A new phase in the song of her life. It didn't seem misfortunate to her. Of course, she had been scared, but even those feelings were part of the song of her life. She had no intention of living a quite life for eternity. That would be boring.

"Music.", said Musalis, staring into the distant past, remembering, "The Music woke me up. It made me long for more music. So I got up, to find more music, and to make music myself. That's it."
Musalis paused.
"It's funny, I can't remember the song that woke me up. And I am really good at remembering songs."

She looked at Randal. He was almost certainly not interested in music. But almost nobody in DI was. Except maybe drinking songs in pubs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:20 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Music. That was the only clue she had to offer him, it seemed the only source of information would come from ripping this girls bones apart. At this point he was positive that this girl was just a waste of his time.

?It seems that this night was wasted, if that is all you have to tell me then leave. I?m sure now what you are. You are the result of a bored Necromancer, one who can not only warp the bodies of the dead but their spirit as well. I doubt there is anything I can learn from you, so unless you can make yourself useful in some way I will have to ask you to leave.?

To much time had been spent following useless ties to less then useless skeletons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:26 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

"Really? You think a necromancer created me? Funny, the last I met had an completely different opinion... something about spontaneous animation... complex stuff... Anyway, if you are to send me away, please give my bible back."

Looking around, Musalis could not see the wolf which had taken her bible with him. She felt hurt without it, a part of her was missing. Her link to Ochre.

The rain was still to be seen on one side of the horizon, a wall of water falling from the sky... and on the other side... Musalis stared, but could not quite believe it. The end of the plains. Finally. So close, and yet so far...