It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:28 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: The Circular Beginning (Circle Clan RP)
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:43 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

This is a simple clan rp for the new members to meet up. No rules, such as time limit or post size or posting order, dictate this rp but it is restricted to clan members only.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darious was at peace with himself for the first time in days, partly because he had trained for hours on end without pause, but mostly because he finally had a home. He was so at rest that he didn’t realise he could hear the noise that spoke of other, unmet clan mates until after he had washed away the sweat and grim and put on some light, white clothes.

Curiosity overcame his slim nervousness about what he might find out in the circular common room, so he shook the worse of the water out of his damp brown hair and walked out into the common room. Silence greeting him as he walked into the room full of empty benches and long tables, and a small amount of disappointment filled him. Listening harder, Darious realised that all the quiet sounds were coming from the adjacent caves that would be the private bedrooms of his new clan mates. Realising that it would probably be rude to interrupt the inhabitants and introduce himself there, Darious decided to wait in this room till someone showed themselves.

As he waited, wariness filled him. The last hours spent in training were the most exhausting he had forced himself to do for months, and so it was no wonder that Darious was tired. Common sense would dictate that he goes back to the comfy hammock hanging in his room, but his curiosity wouldn’t let him leave. Instead he laid back on one of the many tables, closing his multi coloured eyes but not falling to sleep. Hopefully someone would show themselves soon.

Post subject: Re: The Circular Beginning (Circle Clan RP)
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:44 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Dahlia hissed as she unwrapped her wound shortly after finding that her arm was bleeding again.
It should have stopped bleeding by now. She hadn't been worried, but now it was unnerving her. Perhaps now would be a good time to apply a tourniquet? Yet that would mean eventual amputation...

She gasped, waking up from her sleep. Her eyes went straight to her arm, and she realized that she still hadn't changed out of her old clothes or washed up yet. She must have passed out...Dahlia tugged on the doors to her wardrobe, which was in the far corner of her room. Inside, she found comfortable, simple things such as breeches, peasant shirts and tunics, and even some form-fitting dresses. Luckily, the dresses were full length, and she would be able to move around easily in them. After thinking on it for a moment, she took a chance and picked a cream-colored cotton dress, and went out to find the lavitory.

Something--or someone--stopped her in her tracks. Someone was laying on the table, one eye closed. She found herself wishing that she could have washed up and changed beforehand.

So she walked toward him and took a seat on an opposing table, debating if she should say anything.

"I thought there was someone else here..." She said, thoughtfully.

((Sorry for the short post! o.o I'm at my bud's house for a week, so it'll probably be the best at the moment. ))

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:22 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Soft footsteps alerted Darious that someone was slowly walking into the common room, but he wasn’t alarmed. He had a feeling that only clan members would be able to enter the clan halls, and as such the new stranger should be friendly, or at least civil enough not to stab him in the chest.

A soft intake of breath meant that the person had spotted the resting form of the Martial Artists, but he didn’t hear any sounds of metal or any chanting so he thought himself safe. The soft footsteps walked past Darious and the sound of someone sitting at an opposing table could be heard. Silence hang in the air as Darious continued to keep his eyes shut until a small thoughtful voice range sounded finally.

Darious turned his head towards the soft voice and opened his eyes, emerald green and deep brown looking into eyes of light blue. Long, red hair framed the eyes surrounded by skin of dark grey, looking rather beautiful to Darious in an alien sort of way. The deep blue eyes spoke of some power hidden in the mind of this young drow, for that was the race that Darious thought her to be.

Sitting up casually, Darious answered back with a smile. “That thought was what lead me to rest out here. I was hoping to see some of the people that I had just joined up with.” Jumping off the table, Darious walked across the room to sit at the opposite side of the new comers table. “The name’s Darious.” He said with another smile and a hand held out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like i said before, don't worry about the post lenght. That post was just fine.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:43 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

All of Dahlia's worries were brushed away at the kindness she felt from this person. She shook his hand and smiled, tension having no place here.

"I'm Dahlia. It's a pleasure to meet you, Darious." She hoped he wouldn't really mind the discheveled look about her shirt, which was stained with little splotches of blood. But, at least she had brushed her hair out before passing out in her new room. "I apologize for my appearance." She said, smirking. "I had a little run-in with someone." It's funny how things work out that way...Dahlia thought. He tries to kill me, and suddenly he invites me back to his place. Should I be worried?

Dahlia noticed his mismatched eyes, and instead of thinking it ugly and repulsive--she found them fascinating. There was a silence, but it felt rather comfortable to her. Perhaps it was because of the place they were in, and the fact that they were on the same team here. She didn't feel any negativity coming from Darious, and for that she was grateful. This place seemed to put everything at ease, and she found that the memories of her past were somehow less painful to think about. She did what she had to, and that is all she could do in that moment. No regrets, nothing to be sorry for. Her mistakes could be learned from, and that's all that really mattered.

Out of all the needs she had right then, however, the one that stood out the most was the need to bathe and wash up. "Not to be rude or anything, but I still haven't cleaned myself up." She said, almost nervous that she was being rude. "I'll be right back. I can be quick." She said. Of course, she got a little lost, but soon she figured it out, and in five minutes flat, she was wearing the dress and feeling better already. Dahlia found herself thinking her encounter over with Darious, and wondered if he was still laying on that table out in the common room.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:37 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Nice name, Darious thought to himself as his smile warmed up with the warm reception he received from his new clan mate. It was only after Dahlia apologises for her appearance that Darious actually noticed the blood splotches covering her white shirt.

Concern appeared in Darious’ eyes as he said, “There’s nothing to apologise about. I hope you’re not too badly hurt? I would offer to check on your wounds but I am so horrible at first aid I would probably just make it worse.” It was a truth that Darious said with an amused smile. He found it slightly amusing how much she cared about what he thought of her, but then first meetings can be rather nerve racking.

Suddenly, she stood up quickly and told Darious politely that she really needed to shower, and that she would be right back. Darious called out after her, “Take your time, don’t hurry on my accord,” before he laughed softly. He had a feeling that he had just made a new friend, something that he hadn’t done since he started his long journey.

A grumbling stomach let Darious know what he would be doing while he wait, and with a louder laugh at himself he stood up and started looking for the kitchen. Luck had it that it was just the second room he looked into, and once inside Darious quickly found an abundance of food. Darious always ate lightly after he had trained, so he only grabbed up bread, meat and cheese, but enough for his new friend as well. Walking back into the room, Darious ate silently as he waited.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:36 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Dahlia put her old things in her room before going back out to see that Darious had gone to the kitchen and returned with some bread, cheese and meat and was sitting at the table he had been laying on when she had left to clean up. She felt her stomach complain about the lack of food in the past twenty-four hours and smiled when she sat at the table with him.
"It's not too bad of a wound." She said upon sitting down. "Luckily it wasn't infected. It'll just have to take some time to heal." She felt comfortable in this new place--hardly any light to be blinded by, food in the kitchen, and rooms that seemed to take on the characteristics that represented the person that occupied it. What could possibly beat that? Having good people around was a plus, too. She didn't always have to keep her guard up around anyone here. It was all she could do not to be herself on a daily basis.
"What brought you here?" She asked after taking a bite of bread and cheese. This wasn't asked out of suspicion, which was unusual for Dahlia, but she found that the rest and the shower must have helped her quite a bit. She felt better than she had in years. Even when she had been with her mentor, it didn't quite beat the comfort that she felt in this place. It was odd--she had thought that she was a damned soul for living in her evil ways through ignorance for so long, and that she would never feel this sort of peace and comfort from anyone or anyplace.
She still had to thank Drakol for inviting her here...if he didn't show any ill intention toward her when he showed up.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:12 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Dahlia was waiting in the room as he brought food in, and quietly they began to share a meal. It was strange for Darious to be so at peace, with the people around him and himself. It was a new feeling, one that he thought he could learn to enjoy. After eating for a little bit to take the edge off their hunger, the friendly talking started up again.

“It’s a bit of story,” Darious answered the question, “But mainly it boils down to that I was lost and without purpose, wondering around a world empty to me. Then I felt a strange compulsion which I followed until I found this place, and strangely enough this place has offered me not only a home but also a purpose to fight for. It’s everything I could ever want.”

“So what lead you to these halls?” he asked with interest, and then concern, “And how did you get that nasty wound?”

Several small sounds could still be heard coming from some of the other rooms, which made Darious guess that these two weren’t alone. Who the others where or when they would show themselves Darious didn’t know, and he wasn’t about to intrude on anyone’s privacy.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:43 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

She offered a kind smile and swallowed her food after he explained himself, as she found that she had found herself in the same predicament.

Until she came here, that was.

She had felt that very compulsion that he was talking about, but not exactly from this place. Strangely enough, it had been from her encounter from that one man that changed everything. Dahlia's smile slightly faded slightly upon realizing that Drakol hadn't been there before she was, but that smile was back up again in Darious' company. Good will and ease felt as if it were being restored to her soul the longer she stayed in this place, and in good company. Dahlia was beginning to feel again, and that was worth living for. To feel--if that was taken away, what else was there to stay awake another night for? Revenge, hate...those were generated by emotions, too, and therefore all reason to existing ceased to be.

Her eyes flickered back up when he asked her two questions--and they were fair and non-intrusive. Dahlia had no reason to feel negative feelings toward this person and new potential friend. After letting her smile return, she answered.

"I had a run-in with another of my kind--a magic user." She began. "He seemed to be on high alert when I found him." She smirked. "Seemed to be" was an understatement in describing how he had shouted in a mighty voice before realizing something about her. Why he stopped casting was still quite a mystery to her. "He seemed to distrust my answers and decided to attack me." She didn't display the wounds because she had just wrapped them in new bandages, and they weren't ready quite yet to be out in the open air. "I managed to dodge it, but I still got hit. I found an opening, and ran." She broke out into a semi-wide smile, and tried to suppress it. "He chased after me, made a distraction, and caught up with me."

Wait! You're like me! Please stop! Dahlia looked down to her hands at the memory.

"He told me about this place...gave me directions...and disappeared." Dahlia sighed, shrugging her shoulders and looking up to meet his eyes. "Here I am. I believe this encounter has set me upon the path I'm supposed to be on...maybe something good will come out of this rendezvous." She said, slightly tilting her head in thought.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:44 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Darious listened intently as Dahlia told her story, watching as the smile on the drow’s face slid off then back on again. It was obvious that this girl had had a hard life, and it appeared that it was only just turning around now. Her story of this strange magic user made Darious think, but still he had no idea just who that strange person might be. Perhaps he was a recruiter for this strangely compulsive guild, or perhaps the leader. Whatever he might be, Darious was sure he would show himself soon enough.

“I know that something good has already come out of this for me. I have found a place were I can belong, one with people who don’t try to fight me just for running into me during my journeys.” Now that Darious thought about it; it appeared to happen quite a lot in the world of Darkness Incarnate. “So do you have any idea about just who this magic user might be? What his name is and what role he might play around here?”

Before Dahlia could answer a quite growl sounded out from the doorway that led to Darious’ room. Darious turned around in time to see a bushy white tail walk into the room behind one of the tables, before coming around that to reveal a young leopard covered in snow white fur with brown spots. The leopard walked slowly towards Darious and pressed his face up against Darious hands. Automatically his hand started to scratch the leopard, who started to purr with pleasure.

“Let me introduce you to me Feline brother, Mithras. He and I have been through a lot together. And don’t worry; he is harmless enough without a reason not to be.” And with that introduction, Mithras started to walk over to Dahlia and rubbing up against her hand.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:19 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

"He said his name was Drakol Parlain." She said as if it were a thought barely breezing across her mind. "From what he told me, I believe he found this place when he was alone. I think he found it first." She said, her thoughts trailing off into some unknown abyss being fed by curiosity. "Other energies--such as yours and my own--overlap the energy he left behind in this place. I am almost certain that he found this place the way it is now, and made it his own." Dahlia looked up as if tracing some invisible line with her eyes, raising an eyebrow as she tried to read into it further. "It is unknown how this place came to be at this very moment. I don't know who or what force built this place." She must have spaced out again, but she came to see a very beautiful creature enter the room and acknowledge Darious, who scratched him and the animal purred a friendly purr.

“Let me introduce you to me Feline brother, Mithras. He and I have been through a lot together. And don’t worry; he is harmless enough without a reason not to be.”

Dahlia smiled as Mithras rubbed itself against her. Her heart was immediately won over, and she happily pet the lovely creature. "He's handsome." She said, looking up to Darious. "He has a likeness of you. Energy-wise, I mean. You have a strong bond with him, don't you Mithras?" She said, smiling down to the young leopard. It was so hard not to smile around these two--they belonged together as companions. Dahlia found herself missing her mentor, but batted the feeling away with a steel-toed-boot before it let her smile fade again.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:30 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

“We have been brothers for a very long time. For him it has been almost his entire life.” Watching Mithras with an amused smile, Darious struggled to remember the name Dahlia had just mentioned. For some reason it seem familiar. Not like he had met the person but more like someone had recently mentioned the name. And there had been a lot of hate in the name when it was mentioned, like the person had done something that was unforgivable.

“Drakol... Drakol...... Now where have I heard that name from?” Darious muttered to himself. “I remember someone saying it recently, but then the only recent person I have seen apart from you was another Martial Artists called Joshua and a Skeleton priest called Musalis. And I got the feeling the Musalis didn’t mention it.”

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:57 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Dahlia raised an eyebrow at this new knowledge. Of course, Drakol did say that he'd been living aboveground for a while. It wouldn't be all that hard for a drow--a magic-using drow, of all things--to gain a reputation around here. She guessed that she shouldn't be surprised with all that has happened so far.

She'd find out sooner or later what had happened or whom he had heard the name from, so it was best to keep prying down to a minimal. Curiosity was not one of her strong points, for she knew it could get someone into trouble one way or another. The time would come soon enough when all of her questions would be answered somehow. Dahlia was patient, and when in the holdings--nothing really seemed to bother her. It was so much easier to give into the influence of peace, and letting things go was much easier than it was anywhere else.

And then she wondered...would she return to her other self when she stepped foot into the outside world? Would she be able to maintain that same feeling of peace and goodwill toward even the most cruel of species that she encountered along her way? She found herself slipping into a small smile, hardly noticable.

She'd experiment later...much later. Relaxing was everything she'd ever really wanted for a while--she wasn't about to stop now. Her brain, her thoughts were always racing a million miles per hour. Why would she possible want them to race again when she had the option of feeling well-rested and in good company?

"Maybe our answer will come soon enough." She said. "It usually does."

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:23 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Darious watched as a small smile flickered across Dahlia’s face, and it made her face look surprisingly gentle. She seemed only slightly interested in Darious mumblings about his forgotten memory, so he let the matter drop, smiling at her reply that showed she had a lot of patients, a virtue that Darious was usually lacking. Usually, but something in this place gave him a sense of peace that made such a virtue possible.

“It probably will,” He answered, “And I don’t think we will get far by just guessing.” Burying that curiosity, he watched Dahlia as another question filled his mind. “So, what is your style?” he asked politely, “How do you fight?” His questions were the sort of professional curiosity that always seemed to fill Darious when he met a new person in Darkness incarnate, mainly because he knew that no one could survive in this dangerous world without a few tricks up his or her sleve.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:59 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Dahlia bit her lower lip unconsciously, but the very corners of her mouth tugged up in another smile. What was up with the loads of smiles that she had been giving lately? She was sure that she'd never smiled this much in her entire life, let alone in such a short period of time. Even after all her years of drawing breath, she was still surprising herself.

Because she had no reason to suspect anything, she figured it was okay to tell him a little bit about her fighting style.

"I'm not a big fan of randomly fighting," She began. "But, when it's needed, I am magically inclined." She didn't demonstrate the blue aura that surrounded her whenever she would cast, because it took much energy to do only that just for show. It was emotion and feeling that truly helped her to cast, and since she was feeling content and balanced in this place, it was a bit more difficult to cast. One would think it would be easier to do so with peace all around her, but it was quite the opposite with her. There had to be a conflict in her emotions somewhere to compel her to cast without really getting tired right off.

Motivation is everything.

"What is your style?" She asked, finishing up with her food. Dahlia ate slow, unless she had reason to hurry--which she did often. This time, however, she could really take her time with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:40 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Darious felt his curiosity increase as Dahlia mentioned she was magically inclined, for he had yet to fight such a warrior in his journeys. He wondered which of the many types of magic wielders that his master had told him about she was, and what it would be like to fight such a one. However he decided not to ask her for a friendly match, for he still had a little problem of controlling his battle lust that made battles unpredictable and not safe for his opponents.

“I have many styles, but all of them are based on the True Arts of fighting, the Martial Arts. In other words I fight with my whole body as a weapon instead of relying on weapons of iron, steel or wood. And I tell you,” he said with a smile. “that it is one of the most enjoyable ways to fight.”

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next