It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mistaken Identity (NunciaxMSS)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:01 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The sunlight lit the canopy as a sea of green washed her vision, bushes jumping as squirells and chipmunks leapt in wild chases after the nuts that they gathered from the fruitful trees. A deep breath of the air would bring fragrances of flowers wild grown in the wood, as well as the musky under tones of the earth itself under her feet as she walked calmly after the tracks she had spotted earlier. They were of a leisurly pace, small, yet light; elven, female, most likely a little shorter than herself she mused as she followed them. They weren't fresh, a half day or maybe a bit longer old, yet with the gentle sun beaming down, they were left undisturbed. Many other tracks flowed over them as she followed, animals of smaler sizes bolting across the tracks, other larger ones taking a moment to sniff; bear, boar, squirells, chipmunks, rabbits, even a few foxes had followed. Staying to the side of the tracks, she stepped lightly on logs and such, keeping her own trail clear as she followed this elfs' trail, finding it divert towards the water source. She gave a smile-- every animal would be at the watering hole sometime through out the day.

She walked leisurly through the trees, diverting from the paths of the animals to forge her own through the thick underbrush, the sun at its peak as she leapt over logs and headed for the watering hole. She was curious to see if this elf was one of her kind, or another, since she had yet to find any of her own tribes or any of her own people in this realm, and the chance that this one could be was inviting to say the least. If it proved to be, she would see where it leads; if it was not, than it would be easy to tell where it would lead.

Walking around the next set of burr bushes, she picked the berries close by and ate a few, musing to herself what would happen if she did meet up with one of her own people.... She imagined her walking up and stopping feet from her tribesman, giving a greeting of her tribe, and the other giving her their tribe, and possibly a small spar where they would bow to the obvious winner, and would plan a hunt, and go out, speak of home, of others, of new tales and legends passed, of her brother... She gave a sigh as she jumped atop a log to walk its length to the next path, skimming the bushes with er hands as she passed them. She would never admit to others, but she was beginning to get lonesome, being always the one to drive others off for being incompetent fools, gaping at her, not taking her power seriously.... She clenched a fist at that. She wanted nothing more than to go home and prove to them that she was no ones mate, that she was equal to the men of her tribe, that she was powerful, that she was one of them.... No matter what happened in this realm, she would never lose sight of what she was, a tribesman of her clan, a daughter, a sister.... And yet in her world no one cared if you were clothes or not, no one cared if you claimed a wood, no one cared.... it was hunt, kill, survive. Honor, pride, and dignity. Thrill of the hunt. The likes that this realm seemingly never had seen. Yes some had honor, but it seemed misplaced to her; yes others had pride, but they let it cloud their judgment; yes they all had dignity, though many lost it the moment she stepped forwards. Giving a sigh she cut a leaf from a bush and chewed the stem, wondering if this elf was a kinsman, would she be greeted like one, or hunted for the exile she was.....

Coming to the clearing she slowed for a moment, steeling herself to be let down, or hunted, readying herself for a fight, since that was what she now could only hope for-- she was an exile, she would never be welcomed by her kinsmen again, save for her brother. She used her hawk eyes to scope for the elven that had been wandering her wood. Long red hair, straight and elegant, her slim form bent to the waters, her white robes shining as she sun hung high above her... She closed her eyes, sighing. Not a kinsman. An intruder. She walked out of her hiding place, stopping meters from the woman, holding her place, stance wide and opposing, dagger not drawn, though at her side waiting, her build bigger than the little elf's so power against her would not be an issue....

"What are you doing in my wood, elf" she asked, an extra bit of venom to her voice as her disappointment of her race being turned to irritation, anger. She would not tolerate others in her home, no matter who they were. This way she could hunt and not be bothered, could live without looking over her shoulder for daggers.

Post subject: Re: Mistaken Identity (NunciaxMSS)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:22 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

It was the first day back into the wilds for Ellia. The scents and visions of nature surrounded her once again, and for the full day, she had awaited the relaxation the environment had normally offered her. But relaxation and comfort continued their dance, always moving away right before they could be reached. Tension and stress bombarded non stop since she had awakened from her pained slumber, with various suggestions from concerned people that never bore fruit.

The forest seemed teeming with life, with signs of massive of activity nearly everywhere one looked. Yet, on this warm sunny day, not a single animal was seen near the crystal clear pond. Staring at the still waters, Ellia realized even the insects haven't really been present. She assumed the animals had been avoiding her because she smelled of humans and healthcare. Healthcare... the doctors had no idea on what was wrong, or how to treat it. She was transfered to a bigger town for care shortly after the town she was in decided there was nothing they could do.Random blood would trickle out of her ears and eyes throughout the day, and the black substance she spew shortly after her fight would be a recurring pleasantry. She was often feverish, sometimes to the point she would hallucinate. The worst of it all occurred around 3 A.M, every other day. No matter what medicine, drugs, or procedures the doctors tried, she would experience a single moment that felt as if she were thrown into a vat of acid. The pain vanished shortly after, but the ordeal often ended with her balled up in a corner, screaming and crying in pain.

Words didn't quite cover how glad she was that those days were behind her. Being constantly stressed would be a relief if constant stress would allow relief. She simply wasn't 'allowed to leave' until she was cured. The hospital's great reputation of every curable patient gets cured is less amazing when it's only true because the only ways to leave are healthy or dead. But she wanted to leave. After their magics failed, when their natural cures proved ineffective, when their religious figures were stumped, they began resorting to bizarre rituals. Many were invasive, some downright perverse. Far too invasive and perverse for what they accomplished, namely, nothing at all. And they wouldn't hear of her want to leave. Many were determined to fix her ailment, some were convinced that her disease was talking when she said she wanted to leave. Only one doctor told her the truth of holding patients for reputation. Perhaps the animals were right in keeping their distance.

A snapping noise from behind broke her train of thought. Was an animal finally going to show up to the pond? It would be nice if they started acting like she wasn't there again. Seeing wildlife interact with the environment had become a treasured past time. She listened intently, with her eyes closed. The absence of animals in the surrounding area made the noises much easier to focus on. Whatever it was, it was making a beeline for the water at a fair pace, and it didn't seem interested in being quiet. Ellia lowered her hood, letting the sunlight rain on her red hair and honeysuckle roots. It was likely a wanderer approaching, and would be here in a moment. There was no time to take cover, so she hoped that the approaching threat would decide to engage in conversation rather than going for the kill with a projectile.

The woman approached quickly, ending her movement far too close for one who had peace on the mind. Ellia remained unmoved, continuing to look at the pond. It felt like a mistake, choosing to not face her foe. But she didn't feel any more tense than before. If this woman was planning on striking her before the fight was started properly, she wouldn't have said a word. "Why are you so eager to lay claim to the gifts of the earth? Why do you feel the need to own a blessing to many? Surely you don't expect the wildlife to care who's claiming what. I am simply here to live." She turned around slowly, attempting to be as minimally threatening as one could with a crossbow on their back.

The image of a loincloth clad Sylvaan came into view. She looked to be around the same age, but Ellia wasn't versed in any potential aging differences between their races. Strange dots marked her skin, but more striking were orange eyes. Ellia found herself staring into them, unable to look away. The animalistic colour was nearly hypnotic, with the only break coming from her own voice. "I can only guess that's what you are doing too." ("I was always under the impression that Sylvaan's wore...more. Maybe she is from isolated tribe?")

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:47 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

She watched the elf turn around and watched for any threatening movements in her slim figure, any sign of aggression, of a fight; she seemed to be making an effort at least to seem less menacing, less agressive than she did, but the weapons on her told the sylvan a simple fact. She was a fighter. Instead of the agression she had been looking for what she got was a calm, almost placating gesture as well as words that confused her to a point,

"Why are you so eager to lay claim to the gifts of the earth? Why do you feel the need to own a blessing to many? Surely you don't expect the wildlife to care who's claiming what. I am simply here to live. I can only guess that's what you are doing too."

She furrowed her brows a little, trying to figure out this elf's view... Territory was a claim on land yes, but it also claimed the lives within it. But she didn't seem to understand that territory claim was not the same as owning the lives themselves; the thought of being responsible for all the workings of the wood were far too vast for her to even begin to think of them. Too many circles, too many chains, too many lives to be accounted for when all she wanted to be accounted for was herself and herself alone. She didn't show the woman her confusion though, only staring the girl down. It seemed that she was peaceful enough for her liking, yet she was tense. Possible attack. She lowered herself a little more into a crouch, just in case, hunching her shoulders a bit and staring the woman down with her fierce eyes, waiting for the woman to make the wrong move.

"This is my territory, my land. I, Nuncia Algos, have claimed it so than no others can come in and destroy it, or the life that's in it, save for me. I feel only the need to eat and sleep and be safe, same as anything else in the wood. And I intend to keep it that way. You are not safe. The animals avoid you, and they know whats safe and whats not."

She got down on all fours, her knees more together her feet wide as her hands dug into the soft earth under her, her eyes pin pointed on the woman as the whip of her hair fell along her right shoulder, the brand mark stark against her pale brown grey skin and black swirling markings. She didn't bother with the Kris at her hip-- No, this would take something a bit more menacing than a Kris wielding elf to scare this woman away. She seemed too self assured to be frightened by her own form alone. Maybe a bit of a panda scare would get her running; at least until she caught up with her, and then she wouldn't need to run much farther to meet her makers... No one came into her wood without a fight, and that would stay true until she found reason to let them live.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:16 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Ellia cast her eyes downwards, observing the bright green leaves of the pond vegetation at her feet. “Because I’m not safe… the thought crossed my mind. I … *sigh* but that doesn’t matter.” Her eyes snapped back to Nuncia, feeling a little ticked off at the woman for pointing out what she wanted to ignore. (“She’s armed, but apparently not using her weapon. She probably just took it from someone and doesn’t even know how to use it. But I was never taught how to fight an animal, and even an imitation might be difficult to deal with.”) Ellia scowled. Seeing a person act so primitive made her question how any one person could remain so untouched by modern societies.

It doesn’t matter if the animals avoid me. I’m not here simply because I choose to be, I am here because this is where I am supposed to be." (“If I run from the earth's will, I’ll lose its faith in me. After it helped me through my sickness, I owe it to it to not run.”) Gritting her teeth and steeling herself for a combat she didn’t want, Ellia drew her curved dagger from the sheath hiding in her robe, and switched it into a reverse grip for defense, holding it cautiously in front of her. Her left was about two inches away, waiting to make a grab. She couldn’t quite remember the knife fighting stance her brother taught her, but she was pretty sure that she was close. The butterflies in her stomach started to dissipate, and she fought the urge to shake and show her nervousness. “Besides, you aren’t quite as intimidating as he was.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:47 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The woman got into a semi decent fighting stance, drawing a curved dagger. Nuncia almost laughed, the woman practically shaking in her boots (why anyone would wear things on your feet like that, she would never understand, even though what the woman was wearing was not boots in fact but sandals, which weren't as bad in her books). She lowered herself a bit more, listening to the woman combat her observations with even more confusing sayings, and ending in what she would take as almost a taunt or insult;

“Because I’m not safe… the thought crossed my mind. I … *sigh* but that doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter if the animals avoid me. I’m not here simply because I choose to be, I am here because this is where I am supposed to be;

Besides, you aren’t quite as intimidating as he was."

That made her curl her lips, her grin turning her face almost into a feral cat's, "We shall see just how intimidating I am in comparison..." she practically growled as she took a quick dash towards her, using her forwards momentum to barrel her now shifted panda form towards the frail looking elf woman, a great paw ready to swipe at the body of this offensive intruder. She would prove to this woman who was more intimidating, and it would only end well for the last one standing. She could tell from the stances of the girl and the way she held the dagger that she was a purely defensive person, not aggressive by nature, and coddled into a way of life that had been no need to fight-- she lacked the survival instincts that Nuncia came well equipped with naturally, though not to say the woman was completely unfit for this. She could tell that a recent enough battle had marred her pure spirits, and she was trying to recover it seemed from the shock of that encounter-- with that He she was referring to, no doubt. Nothing like the enemy you underestimate she thought to herself as she took her swipe at the elf, her forwards inclinations making her take a couple extra steps before she could stop her bouncing gait.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:12 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

What the hell…” slipped from Ellia’s lips. She had been informed about shapeshifters, but she hadn’t ever seen one transform. Her brain first tried to convince her that there was never an elf, and she had engaged in dialogue with a panda, then it tried to convince her that there is no panda, and the elf was using some sort of mind magic to convince her otherwise. It took her another moment to understand that there was a panda moving towards her much faster then she knew pandas could. She vaguely remembered a picture of a panda in a book, and some description detailing how slow they usually are. She noted then how less cute things are when they are angry at you.

A brilliant plan arrived just as the panda closed the distance; stall to figure things out. Ellia stuffed her hand quickly into her clay pouch and threw the clay at the ground in front of her. A low rumbling would have been heard to many animals in the forest if any of them had been around to hear it. As the ground announced its strained efforts, small balls up to the size of marbles seemed to melt out of the ground. Thanking the earth’s continued ability to use the glyphs she wanted it to use, she made a jump to the right, trying to clear the radius of stones. Her foot caught the edge of the stones though, it turned out that a panicked standing jump isn't always good. Ellia quickly found her face moving towards dirt at an incredible pace, and dropped her curved dagger on her descent. At the last moment, she stretched out her fingers and pressed up off the ground the instant they made contact. The force wasn’t enough to return her to a standing position, but she used the momentum to twist and fall on her rump, so that she could face her foe as she got back up. The bounce thing left her fingers sore, and she was pretty unimpressed by the pain doing that caused for the effect it had. An understanding of what may happen from her Earth Sign drove the question out, “I wonder if pandas can swim?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:15 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

She watched as the elf's expression seemed to battle with what she had seen as her lumbering form threw itself at her, and yet at the last moment she had seemed to realize that there was an angry bear on its way towards her, and reacted-- not in a way that the Sylvan had even thought. She had figured she would grab the cross bow when she reached back, but instead she seemed to grab some small clay like substance, and under her she felt the earth groan, which startled the elf within the panda, stuttering in a step as she went to swipe at the now leaping elf. In the next step though, marbles seemed to had formed around her and under her, which when stepped on not only hurt her paws a little, but it also made her first paw slip, which the next slipped in trying to right herself, and as her limbs flailed to try and stop her forwards momentum, she knew in an instant what was going to happen just before her chin hit the ground and her rear swung on the marbles towards the water;

She was getting wet.

She went under the water and quickly paddled her great paws to get back up to the surface of the ice cold water, the ripples still ruffling the calm water as she swam to the edge of the water and gave a quick shake, getting the water out of her eyes and ears, not impressed at all with her dip. She gave a snarl and strode towards the girl, shuffling her feet along the marbled ground in an attempt to avoid another dip.

Nothing like the opponent you under estimate.... maybe i should start taking my own damned advice. Its always the harmless looking ones that seem to irritate me the best, and considering I had already washed, that was uncalled for.... But besides that fact, she seems an earth manipulator, one who uses the earths to her will.... hmm... interesting. Too bad I couldn't have found a flying form, not that it would do any good anyways, considering she has a crossbow... Well than I guess I'm going to have to do this the good ol' fashioned way-- take the hits, and dish em out as well. she thought to herself as she advanced more slowly on her opponent, intent on catching her while she was in the process of getting off the ground, seeing as how she must have slipped on her own trick as well. Aiming to take out that shoulder would be her best bet, thinking that the sleight of hand trickery she uses could only be with the one hand, and to take it out at the shoulder seemed fine enough.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:52 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Perhaps it was because she jammed her fingers. Maybe falling down, and then bouncing back up, then falling back down backwards was the cause. It might have been shock caused from picking a fight with an elf only to end up taking on a panda. Whatever the reason, Ellia found that she wasn’t able to get on her feet. She wasn’t even permitted to try. An overpowering feeling of sloth accompanied by a small burning sensation throughout her body suppressed her panic, challenging her long held rule of not getting close to bears(or pandas).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A veil of haze blinded Ellia momentarily. As the wall of whit thinned, she was standing in a field of grass. Everything was uniform; not a blade of grass was longer or thicker than the next. The cloudless sky of blue seemed to indicate noon, yet there was no discernable sun to be seen at all. There was nothing else to see. No detail on the horizon, not a plant or bare spot to break the sea of grass. The entire place gave a feeling that it was simply a poor imitation of some unknown landscape. Upon closer examination, the blades of grass didn’t even have a proper shadow underneath, there was instead a black material where the shadows should be. She stood back up, aware that something else wasn’t right. She glanced downward at herself and saw nudity. But more confusing was that she wasn’t looking at herself, but the body of some other woman. She rose her hand to her eyes and saw that she didn’t have flesh, but was quite literally made of soil. She understood. This was not the body of someone else; it was a golem of sorts. She dropped her hand down, only to see that something in this grass land had changed. A figure of complete blackness stood in front of her. There was nothing to it, it was just a purely black silhouette of herself. She likely wouldn’t have even noticed it was her image if it did not speak with her voice.
You there. Your clay abilities are worth dirt. Even you should see how they do little beyond stalling, and you can’t win a fight by stalling. You need to take action, and since you so carefully removed your small knife from your possession, you get to use the crossbow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The panda shook out its fur quickly, plainly unimpressed with the sudden swim. Ellia sat facing it, waiting in what look like a trance. Her pained fingers took her crossbow off of her back and placed it beside her, holding the stock loosely. She felt extremely disconnected from her surroundings, almost as if the panda running at her was happening to someone else and she just had the fortune of seeing it through their eyes. It made it easier to do what was being asked of her, a plan so alien that if she were more aware might pass out from the stress. She sat and waited, allowing the panda to complete its slow charge. It swung back its massive left arm, its bulk allowing even the smallish claws to be intimidating. The swing came for her shoulder, and with every ounce of strength her abs and back would offer, Ellia swung her torso backwards, crashing into the ground beneath her. The paw managed to catch her shoulder on her descent, the claws dragging up her back towards her shoulder, leaving several shallow cuts and torn cloth in its wake. Looking up at the foe standing above her, Ellia rotated the crossbow so that her left arm could take hold, and fired point blank into the animal’s fur, beneath the collar bone and next to the shoulder joint.

Last edited by MyShipSails on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:25 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The elf seemed lost in something of a trance as she got the crossbow from her back, setting it next to her, and as she came up on the elf woman, she neatly dodged the majority of her swipe, a slight marking was all she could see through the shreds of cloth as the unexpected happened-- with a click and snap of a taught string, the panda froze in mid stance, the eyes registering surprise. She couldn't believe the feeling coming from her shoulder, and looked to see the bolt dug deep in, pierced through her shoulder. She stumbled back with a roar, shifting back to her elven form with a pained look as her bulky form shifted around the bolt, showing that it pierced her brand mark cleanly, straight through and stuck in. She had scooted back until she had come to the edge of the wood, a root stalling her arm, the right arm cradled in her lap as she sat on the ground, grabbing the kris from the ground from where she started in her left hand, her face showing panic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How the tables have turned, young one..." her father had her pinned by the neck with the length of his staff, her dagger knocked from her hands in the maelstrom of attacks her father had rained down on her. She struggled to breath as he let the staff dig into her throat, her hands neatly pinned by his knees. He smiled down at her, then with a final shove that caused her to choke, he got up off of her and walked away to the water bucket and took a drink, as if beating his small daughter in training had taken it out of him. She stay crouched, rubbing her throat as she tried to catch her breath. He looked over his shoulder to see her not risen yet and lunged at her with the staff, catching her under her ribs to throw her a length with the length of the staff. "Never stay down when you are beaten. Rise up to defend and strike back, no matter the damage done. This way and only this way, will you survive in this world."

Since that day she had never feared for her own survival, secured in her thoughts that she could defend herself well enough, and yet this elf just made her rethink that arrogance. Be more cautious, learn about your opponent before you leap, and best of all, don't play with your food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Staring at the elf with her wide hawk stare, she tried to think past the haze in her mind... the pain of the bolt through her shoulder alone was enough to throw her off, being as she had never been pierced so brutally before. Still staring at the elf, she moved her other hand with the kris in it slowly to the bolt end sticking out of her front and touched it lightly, hissing like a cat her hand darting away from the bolt as if it had burned her. This is going hurt when I decide to treat it.... But I have to get this bolt out no matter what, or it may infect.... She took a hold of the bolt again, trying to pull it out, but the barb on the other end was out the other side, so it wasnt about to go through that way without tearing the hole bigger, though after the initial burst of pain she let go of it looking more pale.

She grimaced, feeling sick with the pain as a thin trickle of blood seeped from under the bolt, marking her grey brown skin with a scarlet trail. "W-what are you going to do to me now? Finish me off?" she said shakily to the woman as she kept her kris raised in a defensive hold, the blades curvy length against her forearm in a reverse hold as she cradled her now useless arm in her lap, her legs drawn up under her in a huddled crouch. This was the first time someone had gotten the best of her, and yet here sat the elf that had managed to wound her. She watched the elf carefully, watching for signs of attack or defense, given the fact that she could no longer shift without having a bum arm no matter, or a bolt sticking out of her, which would not do well against the long range the elf had over her, nor the fact that now all she had to defend herself was a kris.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:17 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Ellia’s full awareness returned with the roar of her opponent. The chaos of an uncontrolled shift triggered a deep sense of remorse, guilty of being the source of obvious pain. It was completely unlike how she felt wounding Cerit, that man didn’t react properly, and she could assume he truly didn’t care. But she had reacted with shock and panic. The missile wasn’t even lethal, prolonging the pontential for suffering. She tried reassuring herself with the fact that the woman was the aggressor, and it was simply self defense, but all that she managed to do was cut her back some. There was no telling if it was her intention to just attempt to scare her off, and was only hoping to cause a few light wounds, or was actually aggressive.

She stood up, slinging the crossbow onto her back. Her back was actually a little tender from the recent abuse, and the ripped cloth stung at her shoulder. She watched Nuncia struggling with the bolt stuck, and felt ashamed that she would whine about her own discomfort when so close to someone suffering more than her. She watched silently as the Sylvaan tried to remove the bolt lodged beneath her shoulder, with little success. She was about to offer help when a question came that confused Ellia, delaying her response for a moment.

"W-what are you going to do to me now? Finish me off?"

The thought hadn’t even crossed the mystic’s mind. She scowled at the idea, answering cautiously as if she expected the question to be some sort of trick.

Kill you? For what reason? There are only a few reasons when killing is acceptable. One is for self defense, and as soon as you stand down, that reason will evaporate. Another is survival, but I am far from being hungry enough to eat an elf. The last would be for the greater good. I…guess one could argue that you start conflict for questionable reasons and that would be grounds for murder but… killing weighs heavily on me, I am not a native of this land. I think it would be better for both of us if you let me help you with that bolt.

Ellia took a step forward, and if one could simply look caring, she would at that point. She was still wary of the woman though, and the possibility of her throwing the blade in anger gave the reason she left her left hand near her clay pouch.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:39 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

She flinched as the elf slung the crossbow back on her back and rose to her feet... She's going to go for a more personal kill, or at least torture me. Great... Her expression was one of a trapped animal to say the least, the fear and anger plain. But it was the woman's words that made her take pause, the scowl confusing the Sylvan as she watched her wary oponent;

“Kill you? For what reason? There are only a few reasons when killing is acceptable. One is for self defense, and as soon as you stand down, that reason will evaporate. Another is survival, but I am far from being hungry enough to eat an elf. The last would be for the greater good. I…guess one could argue that you start conflict for questionable reasons and that would be grounds for murder but… killing weighs heavily on me, I am not a native of this land. I think it would be better for both of us if you let me help you with that bolt.”

She scooted back a bit more, showing her teeth, which for an elf were slightly more pointed from her meat diet. "You think me a fool? Why would I let you help me after you shot me? If you hadn't have come to my wood in the first place you would have no need to think of the morals of killing another, native or not. I myself am not of this realm, so how do I know what is native or not? All those I have come across have done nothing but attack and harm me. Why would you be any different? There be no reason to kill save for survival, and if you don't plan on eating me than some other creature more native to these parts would love to..." She scuttled back a bit, managing to get herself over the root with her rump, but as soon as her rump cleared the obtrusion, her back made contact with the tree, making the bolt shift and her face screw up in pain, paling even more to the grey her skin held under the soft brown.

If this woman truly means no harm, and the way she is speaking she does not seem to be the killing sort, nor the one to take advantage of a wounded, yet still. How can I trust her? She closed her eyes, giving the elf that much trust at least, holding herself away from the tree, breathing deeply, trying to ignore the pain, and yet no matter what training she had prior, being stabbed through the shoulder with a bolt was not in her experiences. Hesitantly she went to grab for it again, but after touching it she bit her lip. No, she couldn't do this on her own....

Over the Sylvans face one could see the battle waging inside her mind, to trust the woman or not, and obviously it was a very close battle either way. But after a moment of contemplating, she opened her eyes to the elf and gave a tired pained look. Everything of her body language said that she had given in, setting her kris down next to her and putting her hand to her wounded arm, head falling as another trickle of scarlet ran down her side, "...F-fine... I.... I accept your help. Just keep that thing away from me, or I wont be so nice next time..." she said simply, her tone much nicer than the first she gave, yet even then it had a sharp edge to it-- just by that alone one could tell she was used to a hard life alone, and that trusting others was a serious difficulty for this Sylvan. For good reason too.

Letting the woman come closer was the first thing she had to grit her teeth about, yet she allowed thew womans proximity to be much closer than any other, allowing her to examine the bolt that was beginning to throb with the beating of her heart as she sat there. This woman could do more for her than herself could at this point. She couldn't see her back to see how far it had gone through, nor how the best angle would be to take it out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:26 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Ellia shifted her stance back to standing straight. There was little point in taking an open and welcoming posture when the only one around is blasting rhetorical questions. She understood the lack of trust, expecting a stranger to treat a wound they caused would typically raise concerns for one’s intellect; more so because they were in DI. The cruel types could use help as a ruse to jerk around the bolt just to cause pain. It was almost offensive that one could think her the type, but it didn’t matter much.

She waited for the small tirade to come to an end. ("Such a waste of breath. A simple ‘no thanks’ would suffice."). She longed to be away from the place, away from this shape shifter. But it wasn’t as if she could turn around and walk away. There was no telling how bad the wound was, the woman had backed up quite a bit in the last few moments. Due to the limited information, Ellia assumed she was still able and willing to attack. Turning her back now could be quite dangerous.

The registered pain on the elf’s face disappointed Ellia. She had offered help, but her foe rejected it, and could possibly succumb to infection, maybe death. There was nothing she could do at that point. It would be best to just give up and move on, hoping that she managed to survive and take a lesson out of their encounter.

The mystic was about to threaten her visitor in the hope she would flee, when she noticed the hesitation. Perhaps she was realising how poor her options really were? Regardless, satisfaction came from the woman shelving her pride and fear to allow aid.

"...F-fine... I.... I accept your help. Just keep that thing away from me, or I wont be so nice next time..."

Ellia became wary of the reverse. The sudden change of attitude could easily be a realised chance to lure her in, returning to anger over the damage. Even going so far as to add a threat.

I will keep my crossbow with me. You lower your weapon, but a shifter is never truly unarmed. I offer my help, but I fear deception as you do. However, I have much less motivation for tricking you. Getting close to you would put me in danger of a sudden shift. If I wanted to continue to hurt you, the only good strategy would be to keep my distance and use my crossbow. You, on the other hand, can easily attack me should I come close, fuelled by revenge or anger. For my own safety, I will keep my weapon on me. If you have a problem with that, you should take off.

A smirk spread across Ellia’s face. She was being cautious, and it may have paid off already.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:53 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Nuncia watched as the woman gave up on her helpless stance and went to a wary one indeed. She could almost see all the options flying across the elfs mind as she thought almost every single possible venue for this situation in a blink of an eye and a bat of a lash. However when she had accepted the womans help, she could almost imagine her own face being pasted there in her expression, wary and cautious, untrusting-- and her next words spoke of that.

“I will keep my crossbow with me. You lower your weapon, but a shifter is never truly unarmed. I offer my help, but I fear deception as you do. However, I have much less motivation for tricking you. Getting close to you would put me in danger of a sudden shift. If I wanted to continue to hurt you, the only good strategy would be to keep my distance and use my crossbow. You, on the other hand, can easily attack me should I come close, fuelled by revenge or anger. For my own safety, I will keep my weapon on me. If you have a problem with that, you should take off.”

She thought about the womans reaction and was going to retort in her impulsive way that the elf could shove it then and get out of her wood, but she was in no shape to demand things when another well placed bolt could end her before she could move out of the way. She wasn't about to let the elf know that she couldn't shift with the bolt in her, since all it would do was work the wound larger as the muscles and forms shifted around it, but she understood the elf's words at least. After calming herself quickly with a breath she exhaled slowly;

"Fine. I will throw you my weapon so i do not have it, and I give you my word as an Algos-nosse that I will not shift and attack you as long as you are aiding me. What say you to that?" She tossed the kris to the elf's feet in a quick flick of her wrist, it skimming low to the ground burying the tip at a low angle into the earth a few feet from her. She tried to move her shoulder a bit to try and find feeling in her hand, yet it only made a spike of pain shoot through her arm and back. She bit her lip inside her mouth at the pain, but didn't make any outward shows of it. She kept trying to flex her hand though it created a numb feeling that was unnerving to say the least to the shifter; she didn't know much about these wounds, being as she went to be a hunter instead of staying for the women lessons of treating wounds and crushing herbs and staving off infections-- she just knew that some wounds felt better being washed in cold water, and if they bled, bind them. Simple and basic treatments. But a bolt was a bit past basic for her.

She sat still as the elf decided what to do, a little irritated that she gave control of the situation to this woman, but it was this or she possibly get sick and die, and as much as her pride burned at this, she didn't want to die anytime soon. She was still young by Sylvan standards, and wanted to get to her end in her own way. Plus her father was probably laughing at her wherever the damnable man was, if he could see her now. Groveling for help from the very one that wounded her... yea, he would be laughing, and grabbing at the bolt just to taunt her and teach her better next time.

Her own expression read of a very suspicious and wary animal, yet she had dropped her aggression for a more tired, irritated look. She kept wiggling her fingers no matter how it hurt her, she wanted to know she could still use the hand if it came down to it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:15 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

She seemed sincere. The apparent difficulty she had in asking for help spoke volumes about her honesty. There would be no internal challenge in lying about trust, but there would be in trusting when one isn’t used to doing so. She even gave her word, an absolutely empty gesture for one attempting to deceive. But, Ellia took it as her desperate attempt to convince her that she wasn’t going to attack. She picked the kris out of the dirt, and used the blade to tear off a piece of bark on a nearby tree.

I say we have an understanding. But you’re going to have to trust me more than you might think.

She wandered; bark in hand, towards the pond. She knelt over, and swished the bark in the cool water a few times. She then approached the now paled Nuncia, trying to not look aggressive with the knife in her hand.

Especially as this is my first time treating a wound like this. I was taught, but the occasion had never arisen where someone had a bolt stuck in them that a medical worker couldn’t deal with. I also don’t know the herbs or roots of this area, so we get to improvise. I'm being upfront with you, because I don't want you agreeing to conditions you aren't aware of.

She extended her hand with the wet bark, plainly offering it.

Are you ready?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:27 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Nuncia watched warily as the elf walked to the tree and stripped it, then to the water to soak it. She spoke as she did this, trying her best to be as non threatening as possible, which was nothing short of easy for the elf, no matter if she had attacked her. The woman had a way about her that was more gentle than aggressive, though a recent tenseness and stress had taken over her seemingly normal of calm. She wondered what could have rattled the elf so badly that she would attack so viciously when it semed out of her norm-- her first impression of her had been nonthreatening and almost pitiful in these surroundings, as if she were to be coddled in a palace-- not that Nuncia knew much of the palace setting, being as they were tales and pictures passed through the legends.

She tensed slightly as the woman approached, speaking to her. Her mind brought forwards the words she had spoken and figured them out, her train of thought derailing often, the pain making her head hazy and slow;

“I say we have an understanding. But you’re going to have to trust me more than you might think...Especially as this is my first time treating a wound like this. I was taught, but the occasion had never arisen where someone had a bolt stuck in them that a medical worker couldn’t deal with. I also don’t know the herbs or roots of this area, so we get to improvise. I'm being upfront with you, because I don't want you agreeing to conditions you aren't aware of. Are you ready?"

The Sylvan gave a stiff nod, saying afterwards "Its not like I have any experience at all in this field, so even something basic is more than what i had. By the way, what do I call you while we have this truce?" she asked, wanting to know what name to curse if her arm was done for good. That would put a serious hamper on her plans for her future, and hampering plans was a major aggression point to the Sylvan. She readied herself for whatever treatment the woman had planned, knowing that it was going to hurt either way.