It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: A Strange Turn of Fate and Time (Azazel)
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:25 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

((Im really sorry for disappearing for so long, my net died on me and Ive been overly busy, and then the site went down the one day I had the net with me.... sads))

Nuncia lifted her snowy head to look to Morgoth as he came from his tent, the strangest sensation of his scratch behind her ears almost frightening her with its kindness. It wasnt something she was used to, such kind touches, as if she were the animal she had become-- many saw a great predator and immediately tried to kill it, yet here this drow was giving it pets like an old friend. Wait, wasnt that exactly what she was to him now? A friend? It was a mix of confusion, surprise, and gratitude in the cats eyes as she looked to him, moving her gaze to the north as he spoke.

"There is something profoundly evil in the north and I'm not sure what we're able to do about it but, it emits this horrid feeling of dread. You can feel the earth dying can't you Nuncia?"

The great cat gave a nod, scratching the earth with her claws for a moment before getting up and stretching, one great paw surging forth after another, before she sat back down. The furs of the great snow cat melted as her body moved to sit, the claws retracting smoothly and quickly as if it were just an illusion melting, a ripple from a pond; the Sylvaan was now sitting on the earth, her legs folded under her neatly, her hands on the earth before her. Still her gaze lingered to the North, a heavy sigh escaping her.

"I spoke quickly with the trees of Old, their gnarled roots reaching deep within my souls. They tell me that this evil is from a greater plane, and that there have been summons to those that will fight this Plaguebearer. The most we can do is wait, and see if these warriors can abate this evil, or if our lands will fall to this decay."

With a deliberate slowness, she brought her hands from the earth, rubbing the dirt from them, her eyes darker than before-- the brightness of the amber flames of her gaze were muted to the glow of dying flames, the orange red faded to browns mixed with the gold. She paused to look at her hand for a moment, frowning ever so slightly, before returning her gaze to the Drow.

"To say I feel the earth dying is a vast understatement to the feelings I have in this. Not only by blood am I bound to the earth and trees of these woods, but by soul I am bound to the animals that flee and fall from his disease.... I feel the deaths around me as if I myself... were dying."

Resting her hands behind her back, using them as lean supports, she looked up at the sky visible through the breaks in the canopy, the energy she exuded before dimmed just as her eyes were. She hid the darkened skin of her palms from them all, marks of the plague beginning within her; she had gotten too close to the decay, and now she would all with the trees and souls within the wood, should these warriors of summons fail. At least the sickness hadnt taken hold of her quite yet.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:04 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

"I spoke quickly with the trees of Old, their gnarled roots reaching deep within my souls. They tell me that this evil is from a greater plane, and that there have been summons to those that will fight this Plaguebearer. The most we can do is wait, and see if these warriors can abate this evil, or if our lands will fall to this decay.To say I feel the earth dying is a vast understatement to the feelings I have in this. Not only by blood am I bound to the earth and trees of these woods, but by soul I am bound to the animals that flee and fall from his disease.... I feel the deaths around me as if I myself... were dying."

Her face shook his soul as he realized he hadn't been sensitive or thoughtful enough before stating his opinion on the hell she was living. He looked to Myrie and with a nod Morgoth dropped down and held Nuncia.

You're not alone anymore we're your family now and we are bound by mutual respect and honor to protect you in your time of crisis. I know there will be wounds we can't see. Emotional scars will remain long after this tragedy and believe me that we'll do what we can should you fall to the sickness. Your mind is link to the land and animals being killed by this plague correct?

Sister all I can say is I'm sorry for any ills I spoke to you last night. I fear seeing what this plague must have already done to you is frightening to say the least. I'll do what I can as the moons pass I've learned to bind wounds. My mate here is clumsy in battle it seems but your experiences exceed mine. I'll do my best to help you through this but I haven't lived through the trials Morgoth has. I've never fought for my life only sport. I'm a farmers daughter not the court lady my mother wanted. That is the only sorrow I know. Not living up to my mothers expectations has haunted me but I live all the same. I think sometimes what it would have been like if Morgoth hadn't been around when I was younger. He was the one that pushed me to challenge the boys in archery and sword play. Every time a bested a boy Morgoth bested three. I could barely stay third best with a sword. That's when we started archery. I've been best with a bow since and that's all that matters mark my target then moon and I can coordinate attacks.

The pair sat holding there new sister while moon lay at their feet whimpering at the screams of dying animals still in the distance. The plagues progress was horrific and the damage to Nuncia may become irreparable if they stay this close. They would be hard pressed to get her to abandon her home away from home. As an outcast she'd never return to Sylvaan lands making this her only home now. Morgoth knew this feeling but couldn't comprehend the constant feeling of life dying all around him. He could feeling the stain of taint that has effected the air.

The air was thick with the scent of death and burnt earth. Morgoth was in the trenches again Tear, Zek, Von all dead at his feat. The guards looked at their captain, looked at him, in confusion.

Why would you kill your fellow men in arms Captain?

I'm not your captain fouls. I slit his throat a week ago. Why do you think I haven't removed my helm.

With a flick of his wrist Morgoth pulled his blade across the throats of two of the guards. Shay watched the carnage with a smile as he bowed his allegiance to the cause. Morgoth and Shay walked into the throne room. Dropping their helms as the final platoon approached. Morgoth spun half way through his charge putting his blade through a enemy, picking up the guards blade and continued his sprint. Shay beheaded one and sliced the arm off another before being knocked unconcious by Ledain. Morgoth and Ledain sparred many times as children. Ledain was a atleast as good as Morgoth with a sword and twice as good with a spear. Unfortunately for Ledain he hadn't fought Morgoth in six years. The samurai training Morgoth had undergone with the resistance taught him the use of the customary honor-guards katana's. Morgoth sheathed his blade in Ledain's gut and took Ledain's Obsidian spear to fight his father. After six years of fighting Morgoth faced his father and took his blade. Morgoth became the blood prince just long enough to crown Maverick king. Leaving the world of politics for the farm life he left for six years.

Ever since that day Morgoth felt the pain on every kills face. They haunt his dreams the screams. Their faces their words. Why me? Why now? The chaos in his mind went uninhabited for a moment as he sunk into the feelings he knew she must be feeling. The spiraling dippression is so oppresive and causes destructive behavior. This was not the time to run into something heavy handedly they had to scout their enemies and keep their fearless leader strong. Morgoth sighed asked Myrie to get a cloth for Nuncia's forehead. Nuncia had an aweful fever and was shaking a little. Morgoth stayed their holding her while he waited the few minutes.

Myrie returned and Morgoth tied the cloth around Nuncia's forehead. The moment passed and He sat across from Nuncia watching her carefully. Morgoth was still withdrawn a little unsure of what to do next.

You and Myrie are my world now so all I can say is that we need more allies I will do what I can to make them. I've got a challenger in the south. An old ally of mine got world to moon through an animal messenger last night. Kole Rhineheart is an elementalist of the southern temple. He feels that we should test the strength of a warrior by the name of Joshua.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:02 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

"You're not alone any more; we're your family now and we are bound by mutual respect and honor to protect you in your time of crisis. I know there will be wounds we can't see. Emotional scars will remain long after this tragedy and believe me that we'll do what we can should you fall to the sickness. Your mind is link to the land and animals being killed by this plague correct?"

Myrie spoke to Nuncia as well, surprising the Sylvaan with her apology of her earlier behaviour. Such strange people these were, to look on her with such pity. It confused her for a moment, the group hug surprising her more. She tensed out of normal reaction to an attack, yet as no knife was felt in her ribs, she slowly relaxed. She didnt move, save for the gentle shaking her body was now doing on its own.

Never before in this world had anyone chosen to hold her like this, and for sure no persons of this world. Only the animals deigned to get this close to the Sylvaan, so to not only have one person holding her, but in essence three... it was unnerving, and yet... something about it felt familiar. Like a time long gone by her, so far gone that she had forgotten what a simple joy it was to have others who cared.

Cared... that was new too. So many new things had come into her little world now, it almost made her feel dizzy with it all. Or maybe it was the sickness already taking root in her that made her feel light headed.. who was to know?

Another surprise, a cloth wet with cool water for her forehead. She must be sick enough for the others to notice. And they were concerned, she could feel it as well as see it in their faces. Yet that only scared her slightly, since she felt well enough, though tired if anything. Strange, she hadnt noticed the fever, though it had been so long since the last time she had had one...

Morogoth let her go once the cloth was in place, her expression confused for a moment, a little frightened, but not at all looking as if she were going to lash out. If anything she looked tired, a slow hand moving to touch the cloth around her head, her cool fingertips catching the heat of her fever easily enough.

Her mind worked quickly, considering the plague was coming in from the North, they had to flee as far south as possible to avoid the worst of it. Her gaze moved quickly towards the Grove hidden within the trees, to the North where the plague was spreading fast, and to her hands, marred with the dying soils around her. They had to leave, before the two of them fell ill as well. Yet to leave the Grove was something that she felt was nearly impossible, especially with Hubris out and no one to protect the Sacred Trees... no. They had to leave. She had a pack now, had to keep them safe. This home was no longer safe, they had to move to a new one. As much as it broke her heart to do so, she would return to the Grove once the plague was taken down, or she was taken down by the plague. Either way, she planned to return to this Sacred place, even if it was to protect it from the other side of life.

With that determination, Morgoths next words were welcome to say the least. She listened quietly, her dull gaze moved to watch the Drow as he spoke.

"You and Myrie are my world now so all I can say is that we need more allies I will do what I can to make them. I've got a challenger in the south. An old ally of mine got world to moon through an animal messenger last night. Kole Rhineheart is an elementalist of the southern temple. He feels that we should test the strength of a warrior by the name of Joshua."

Nuncia knew little of this Joshua, so the fear the name was usually said with was lost on her. Yet she felt pleased enough that the Drow knew of an elementalist in the south. South was good. That was where they needed to go...

"Then we move South, as far as we can. There are woods to the south I have yet to come into, though no doubt I will take them over easily enough. I will ready our camp while you fight this Joshua, and on your return, we will move further south. It pains me to leave the Grove here, yet.... no one will be able to traverse to it with the plague spreading so quickly. There is... nothing more I can do here. The farther south we go, the better. Follow the animals to where they flee; there is nothing left here for us any longer."

Her words were said with conviction, yet the undercurrent held a sort of sadness for how little she could truly do for the place she had called home for so long now. It was a sad truth to her that any time she settled in a wood, something came along to uproot her, force her into nomadic ways that were unfitting of her, forcing her to traverse lands that openly hate her. Being out in the open felt wrong, and with the sickness taking root, it was only a matter of time before she was unable to fight at all. The plague moved with the winds, and would take over her home in days, so they had to move fast.

Aisu would know where to find her, no matter where she went. They had a link like few others, and though he would head this way first, he would catch her intentions in the trees, and know where she called for him from. It was the best she could hope for, and though her brother was smart, even he failed to know all the salves that could be found within the woods. Few in this world knew just how bountiful the forests could be to those who knew where to look, and how to look. But here the berries were all shrivelled up, the animals gone, the trees dying. There was no bounty left here, and even if she were to stay, there would be starvation to consider as well. No, moving south with the animals was a good idea.

Nuncia just had to keep reminding herself of that much at least.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:11 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

"Then we move South, as far as we can. There are woods to the south I have yet to come into, though no doubt I will take them over easily enough. I will ready our camp while you fight this Joshua, and on your return, we will move further south. It pains me to leave the Grove here, yet.... no one will be able to traverse to it with the plague spreading so quickly. There is... nothing more I can do here. The farther south we go, the better. Follow the animals to where they flee; there is nothing left here for us any longer."

He could feel the conviction behind her voice even though the wounds in her pride were raw this day. It seemed that Nuncia hadn't planned on forsaking her home but would for her new family. To protect them from the sickness that already plagued her. The fact that their compassion was reciprocated in such a manor was an amazing feeling. Morgoth hadn't realized how good it was to part of a family again until he saw what this Sylvaan was willing to sacrifice for it. They had the camp packed up in half an hour and Morgoth sighed as he looked around the encampment. When they returned the land wouldn't be the same. In-fact the land might never be the same the evil in the north was so profound it was effecting him as well. Morgoth's dreams had worsened his breathing was more labored and he fear he also had the signs of fever.

We've been traveling for days and I fear you two need real rest we'll camp here for the night and I'll continue to meet kole in a days time at the grove. You can follow the extra map we got at the second check point and wait at the grove I need to do this alone. After my last failure I need to know I can protect the ones I love. Nuncia you're my safety mat should I die you can take care of Myrie. For that contribution I love you and wish you a speedy recovery.

Morgoth set to work setting up their camp in a calm manor as he thought and over thought, strategy after strategy as he considered all the possibilities. The echo's of failure from the mocking voice that haunts him dreams was driving him to the edge of sanity. The flirt with disaster was all he could stand as he completed his mundane tasks. He understood what he must do it was the completion the completion of said challenge that mystified him.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:11 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

He could feel the conviction behind her voice even though the wounds in her pride were raw this day. It seemed that Nuncia hadn't planned on forsaking her home but would for her new family. To protect them from the sickness that already plagued her. The fact that their compassion was reciprocated in such a manor was an amazing feeling. Morgoth hadn't realized how good it was to part of a family again until he saw what this Sylvaan was willing to sacrifice for it. They had the camp packed up in half an hour and Morgoth sighed as he looked around the encampment. When they returned the land wouldn't be the same. In-fact the land might never be the same the evil in the north was so profound it was effecting him as well. Morgoth's dreams had worsened his breathing was more labored and he fear he also had the signs of fever.

We've been traveling for days and I fear you two need real rest we'll camp here for the night and I'll continue to meet kole in a days time at the grove. You can follow the extra map we got at the second check point and wait at the grove I need to do this alone. After my last failure I need to know I can protect the ones I love. Nuncia you're my safety mat should I die you can take care of Myrie. For that contribution I love you and wish you a speedy recovery.

Morgoth set to work setting up their camp in a calm manor as he thought and over thought, strategy after strategy as he considered all the possibilities. The echo's of failure from the mocking voice that haunts him dreams was driving him to the edge of sanity. The flirt with disaster was all he could stand as he completed his mundane tasks. He understood what he must do it was the completion the completion of said challenge that mystified him.

His path was clear but his dreams were not. The night weighed heavily on the drow's shoulders as he saw the blood streaked face in the shadows. The arm bleeding but the laughing and the threat on his life and Myrie's afterward. The witch must be stopped and if that meant bending a knee to Joshua and accepting him into their screwed up family then he would. Morgoth would do anything to further affirm the safety of his brothers and sisters in arms. The safety of the planet is a close second in his in his clear code of honor and justice. The samurai code is that of honor and strength a vow of duty and servitude to the single cause honing you strength to defend the innocent. Unfortunately for a lot of samurai the war changes you and there are places inside him he ignores most of the time but the peak out in his dreams. Taunting him with the faces of though who fell because his orders or blade. Those who've bared arms against him weren't always enemies and the simple fact is war is hell. He would never willingly go back and the chaos that would ensue from his lack of participation is a calculated and acceptable risk. He could accept willingly the mantle of authority he once held. This "honor" was nothing more than a ploy to drag you into hell's maw.

He got himself out of the dark and into the light forever changing his last name for the betterment of his family. Shyne was the sir name of his greatest father figure Alashand. He and Myrie would share their last name even before the wedding as he knew not when they would be married. This world had a reputation for destroying those who inhabit it. The battle field is a cruel mistress and all that accept it are fouls. The words of the monks still lingered in his mind as he knew most to be true and their wisdom was worth the risk.

His mind returned to reality as the sun rose in the distance he stood in the middle of the clearing waiting for the sun to come in through the slit of the tents for the good byes. As he prepared himself for a run, Morgoth knew in his heart that this was the right path. The path of justice was to be followed period.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:39 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

They packed up the camp with a swiftness Nuncia knew she could manage, though seemed to not be capable of at the moment. The speed the Wilds had graced her with let her keep up with them, though she felt the sickness slowing her down more and more as the days passed. She hunted when she could, bringing back the meats, making sure the taint was not within them before giving them to her new pack, testing waters before she let them drink. She was sick already, so no more harm could come her way, though to her new family it may just as easily catch to them.

The days were easy enough, considering it wasnt like the Sylvaan had any belongings to carry along with her. It also made sleep easier, when all she had to do was find a nice perch and settle down, though when she woke she barely felt rested at all. This sickness was draining at her, and it was driving her insane with how little she felt capable of doing in a day. Normally she would have little issue traversing the entire wood in a day flat, running through the trees as if she were the wind itself, sleeping easily and feeling rested, eating filling meals she hunted herself, wallowing in cool rivers, living the life of luxury that the forest afforded her. Now it was a struggle to find food, struggle to move faster than normal pace, and a struggle to get rest. So when Morgoth stopped them, she was inwardly glad, though disappointed with herself immensely.

"We've been travelling for days and I fear you two need real rest; we'll camp here for the night and I'll continue to meet Kole in a days time at the grove. You can follow the extra map we got at the second check point and wait at the grove. I need to do this alone. After my last failure I need to know I can protect the ones I love. Nuncia you're my safety mat should I die you can take care of Myrie. For that contribution I love you and wish you a speedy recovery."

Nuncia gave a nod, understanding. She may not be much right now, but the least she could do was look out for this mans mate should he fall. Though she prayed to her Gods that he wouldnt. Even if he failed again, she hoped he would at least come back in one piece more or less.

"You will not fail, and you will return to us. Do what you must, but you will return. We will wait for you at the Grove."

Such simple words, yet the conviction within them made it almost seem as if she had foreseen his path already, and knew he would return. Faith in his ability, faith in his cause... Faith and prayer was all she had now, considering her own strength was failing her.

Sleep came to her that night in small bouts, with Myrie caring for her, it felt as if the world was ending. She felt the woods around her sighing their last breaths to the winds, the earth crumbling, the animals screaming silently.... it was all a nightmare. A nightmare that plagued her sleep so completely that she could barely sleep a few winks before she was up again, pacing the camp, resting on the ground... She wouldnt sleep in the tents, couldnt. The trees had always been good enough for her. Now they were as sick as she felt. It was moving quickly through her, she could feel it now, like a sludge in her veins, it crept through her body at a slow pace, yet fast enough for her liking. The fever let her sleep at times, and others it wouldnt. It made travelling tiring, more so than ever before. Hunting was tiring, moving was tiring, everything she did normally would make her feel as if shed been alive for thousands of years than just the hundred or so she had been. Aggravating to say the least.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:49 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

"You will not fail, and you will return to us. Do what you must, but you will return. We will wait for you at the Grove."

Your words will light the way as the stars guide my path. I can only hope Kole hasn't burned any bridges thus far. He is a little rambunctious you might say. He hasn't been the same since the war and I fear the lose of his father changed him irrevocably. I fear he blames Joshua for his fathers death in the KOTH tournament. That boy is now a man and that man simply seeks revenge for a debt owed. All I can say is thank you for everything you've done.

He let his words fade as he walked away the warrior had no intention of waking Myrie before he left. His simple goodbye to Nuncia and Moon was all he could stand to give. Morgoth waved once more before he step into the shadows of the tree line fading away into the dawn. The walk took four straight hours and he was still exhausted from his battle and this subsequent illness. His breathing wasn't even and his fever came and went but he always felt sickly and wasn't going to be 100% when fighting. At most his waning strength would be at 80% and even that would be the height of his optimal skill. All his focus would be on survival and reconnaissance nothing else matters in this mission.

His path was long and his thoughts deep but it had also been a long time since he'd been alone long enough to think. The morning air felt nice against his skin as he left his armor in his pack his bandages glistened in the morning light from the salves Nuncia had put on them. He would have to change them that night for a fresh set but the bruising and swelling had mostly abated and he was almost healed though this accursed sickness still labored his breathing at times, he also felt dizziness sometimes and confusion at others. The fact was that evil in the north must be vanquished and if this man who was said to have answered the call couldn't handle him and his grumpy student then the world was doomed. The only light at the end of the tunnel was this man wasn't going alone. The future lay on 5 people and that news bared a brighter hope that a few enemies will fall in battle and this evil will end. Those where dark thoughts but if it meant that his family would survive this blight then they were thoughts worth thinking.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:53 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The shadows devoured the drow, his words left hanging between them. If her gods had any sway in this world, they would lend him the strength he needed to survive such a fate. Yet something about the way he spoke of his friend, this elementalist... it made her unsure as to whether or not this 'friend' would defend Morgoth, or ultimately be his downfall.

With a weary sigh, she left her place in the trees, moving back towards the camp where Myrie was already asleep, her gentle breaths audible on the drifting breeze. To be at such ease, it was almost envious the way she could rest so easily. Especially knowing her mate was off to battle, though she may not have known just how soon that battle would be.

Sitting softly on the mossy ground, she tucked her legs up under herself, fingers trailing in the soft greens of the earth under her. Such a vibrant land she had come from, and such a thriving place of war had she been cast off to. Her fingers dug into the moss, prying up a piece of it from their thin rots along the top of the earth, bringing the fungi closer to her eyes for inspection.

No infection had made it this far, at least. Yet only days would tell, though with the shifting winds, the east may very well be tainted by now. South was a good direction to go. Now if only there was something she could do about her own illness. She felt her eyes droop as her vision became blurred, the moss in her hand writhing in new shapes before her, her hand becoming enveloped in the green fungi.

With a quick motion of her hand, she shook the creature off, her breathing quick as her eyes went wide. The chunk of moss hit the ground as if thrown, though no creature was there. Yet still her heart raced, sweat beading face to create thin trails as she stared wide eyed at the moss that had been in her hand.

What is going on...? What was that? What happened to the creature, what happened?! her thoughts spun out of control as quick as any elf's mind, the confusion and panic all mingling to a greater feeling of the two. She moved slightly away from the moss she had been touching before, thinking maybe it was spores or something that had caused it, checking her hand over though no signs of attack were on it. Not a single scratch. She drew her kris, not feeling well at all suddenly, and in this weakened state, who knew what ravenous creature would get her.

No. No. I am safe, Myrie is right there, Moon is keeping watch. All is well, Nuncia, all is well. Hush, calm yourself, it was merely a vision. A horrific vision, yet nothing harmful. It has passed, it is gone. It is over. You are safe. Relax, calm yourself....

She muttered pieces of the thoughts as they passed through her heated mind, not realizing her words were within her breath as she tried to calm herself down. She put her kris away and decided to close her eyes, her hands moving to her head, startled at how warm it felt to her cool fingers.

The fever. It must have been the fever. See? Nothing to worry about... she muttered softly to herself, standing up with some difficulty, her balance failing her at times. Cool water. Thats what is needed, a nice cool stream to lay in. That will help....No need to wake Myrie, its not far away. Moon will watch over her... And with those unsteady steps, she leaned on the trees to head for the stream she could hear not far away from their camp, her limbs shaking as she moved.

Morgoth will be safe, Myrie is safe, we are all safe. Nothing to worry about, except to get that cool stream around our heated head. Even the gorilla is feeling it, and he doesnt tell us hes feeling weak. I agree with you panda, a nice nap by the stream sounds nice... maybe we could find some grass while we're there, for ram. I know the rat wants to run, but we cant, you see. Its too hard to run, panda says. Sorry rat, you're outvoted on this one.... maybe when we are feeling better, we will take a run. But for now, panda and gorilla agree. Stream... maybe a fish? We like fish, right? Yes, we can eat a fish, because I say so. So what if you guys dont like fish, Im the one eating it. Thats right. Im the one out, Im the one who decides who we eat. Who? I meant what. The leopard likes the idea of the fish, so we win. Gorilla doesnt care,and neither does the rat, so really, ram, its all you on this one. Eat it, and maybe we will all feel better.... Maybe then, Morgoth wont have to run away and fight for us, when we should be fighting for them. We... are weak. Oh thank the gods, a stream... Let us lay here for a moment, in the stream. It will feel cool on our warm heads, and maybe we will feel better...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:05 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

A weak and 4 gold to each of you.