It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Crossroads of Fate (Nuncia, Az, and me)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:16 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

I hope this works
---
Even as his own sadness continued to creep in his body with relentlessness, Sebastián couldn’t help but desire at the very least the most basic form of human contact. Though, for him it was different than others. He did not possess any fear for losing his sanity, it was too far gone, attempting to piece it back together would only consume his time pointlessly. The actual thought behind looking for others was to silence the incessant wailings of the souls around him, something that the rustle of the town was able to do, at least partially.

It was for this reason that he was asking for directions to the local tavern, the townsfolk of Aldalia had proven to be fairly polite, it had not been hard to find the location he desired. With a smile, he opened the door towards the place. He went towards the bartender, a suitable amount of money in hand, he asked the bartender for a single beer.

He sat down to drink. He was incapable of truly enjoying either its flavor, or its effects, for which he would only ask for that single portion throughout the whole night, only in order to be accepted by the rest. He observed his surroundings, the place was moderately sized, three wooden tables set for customers, which were undoubtedly the same group for every single day, and a few torches scattered around for illumination. The place in itself was solidly built, with a rough work of stone floor set in order to prevent a massive fire, but its structure was nothing extraordinary, wooden walls as well as ceiling in a place that could be confused with a house with ease.

He took a moment to remind himself of the castles and prisons of Reenah, both of them had been places he had known far too well. The darkened fortresses in which he lived as both, a young child and an adult were enough to make him unable to be impressed at any non-magical structure. But what he remembered the most was the sound of crumbling rock that was heard as the attackers destroyed his initial home, as well as that blinding ray of light that devoured the kingdom as if it had never existed. The last screams of pain that the residents of Reenah were able to summon were now constantly accompanying him, as well as their last memories, and lastly, the constant reminder that they were dead.

He proceeded to analyze the people around him. It was a jolly bunch of old men, none of them under the influence of alcohol yet, but the night was still young, and at the speed in which they were drinking, it wouldn’t take long before each and every one of them joined in a drunken chorus. Sebastián almost lost his fake smile at the idea. He would never be able to join them, just as they would never be able to understand him. And though they were more than enough to distract him from his own red aura, invisible from anyone else, what he actually longed for was for the presence of another similar to him, at least someone who had fought before, and who could distract him from his own pain constantly.

Post subject: Re: Crossroads of Fate (Nuncia, Az, and me)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:08 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Hope you dont mind Az, I took a small liberty here in our story, as well as posted before an order was set.... ~w~;;
-----------------------------------------------------------
It was as if wherever they went, they were only steps behind the herds of animals she hunted, only steps behind the pure waters now tainted with that decay. And no matter how fast they moved, they always seemed those few steps behind.

It was aggravating to say the least, when your survival was hinged on the movements of these creatures.

So it was another day with meagre helpings of tubers and roots, of shrivelled fruits and gnarled berries; Nuncia was not pleased in the least. She started to think of slabs of meat, of breads the travellers used to bring through, of soups, of anything but these tasteless herbivore foods. Any traveller passing them would have been a welcome sight for the Sylvaan, but it was as if they were steps behind them as well, missing them at every turn. At least Morgoth had managed to make it back to them, so that they could continue on their southern trek.

As the day began to wane and her anger was at a peak, she finally looked to Morgoth, snarling.

"Im sick and tired of starving, as you no doubt are. Have you any other way of getting food? Its getting to the point that Im about willing to start chewing on trees just for something different to eat.... or going into the town up ahead and snacking on a few of the people there. Desperate times call for desperate measures after all..."

The path they were walking led them by a small quaint little town, and she hadnt missed that on the maps drawn in the earth. She knew towns had food, or at the very least people in which to kill and eat, if she became that desperate for meat. It was to the point she was willing to go into the town itself and lure people out, just to snack on them, and anything else she could.

She drew her kris from the belt around her waist, digging up a tuber real quick with the curved blade, passing it off to Morgoth so he could see what she was going through-- tasteless, if you dont count the bitter earthen taste of the dying earth it came from. Straightening up, she tugged at the leather vest a bit, loosening the things that cinched it at her chest, dusting her hands off on her thighs. Her darkened markings were stark against the grey brown tones of her skin, swirling in designs akin to a leopards spots, yet her skin held a pallor of grey to it that was more so than usual. Tossing the length of hair back over her shoulder, the tied whip fell long down her back. She wore no boots or sandals, for to her the earth was soft enough, and around her wrists were thin leather bracers, fashioned from an old pair of gloves. In the town, she would no doubt turn a few heads for the way she was dressed, the simple loincloth nowhere near as covering as a pair of pants, the vest exposing the vast scarring she had down the center of her chest, and along her navel, her features more akin to a hawks severity, with her orange yellow stare piercing through most. It didnt help that she had an expression naturally set at a scowl, as if the entire world was her prey and it was angering her, rarely changing to much more than a relaxed scowl. And with her hair bound in lengths of leather strips so the length of it was thick and heavy down her back, she looked every bit the hunter she was.

Maybe it was the fever, maybe it was the feral nature of her animals coming through, or maybe she as just on her last nerve; either way, she was willing to try something new to get what she needed. And what she needed was something other than gnarled plants to eat. And with her limited knowledge on how dealings between these humans worked, she naturally assumed that to get anything she had to kill them. Money was never a thing she understood, nor had much of a care for. Who would want a bunch of metal disks clanging and jingling in pockets while hunting? It just sounded absurd. More often than not, she left such things on the bodies after raiding the important things from them; food, water, medicines, weapons if they were any good. Never money.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:45 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Their path was a desolate wasteland traveling eating some shrivel berries and twisted roots. The bitter tastes of the food lingered with him. Hunting was unsuccessful day after day and Nuncia wasn't improving. In fact he felt like she was getting worse her fever had caused a delusional state. She was seeing things and that made his job of keeping her calm in the face of this mortal peril.

"Im sick and tired of starving, as you no doubt are. Have you any other way of getting food? Its getting to the point that Im about willing to start chewing on trees just for something different to eat.... or going into the town up ahead and snacking on a few of the people there. Desperate times call for desperate measures after all..."

He bit the root and spat out the bitter piece of tuber quickly. Realizing he hadn't yet answered her incoherent ranting he agreed with a sigh shaking his head meekly. The warrior had also grown increasingly restless coming to the only conclusion that they would have to stop in a town and trade for or buy what they needed.

While I also wish we had more meat around I'm not quite ready to concede to cannibalism just yet. I've been thinking and the facts remain that is predominately more productive to barter, trade or buy what we need in supplies at the next town. I'm still a little short on money but I make up for it with talent in my trade. I could trade for a body guarding job there is no real downside to guarding a caravan of some sort.

He spoke coolly allowing his carefully thought out words to sink into the addled brain of the Sylvaan. His plan, while obvious, was concisely worded so as to allude to it being their only option as it may very well be. They need real nourishment and a good nights sleep both of which they could get at an inn or tavern. He breathed heavily as his mind wandered the possibilities of what a good night sleep would bring. Just on the horizon he saw a town growing from the landscape. Money wasn't very foreign to the warrior he had seen what a couple coins in the right pockets could do in war and the technique was just as applicable in a town.

Guards would ignore most incidents given a little golden persuasion. The time spent in political warfare gave him an awareness of what such an unguarded town was likely to hold. A peaceful picturesque village that glowed in the noon day sun. It wasn't long before the path widened and they began to see other people coming or going. Morgoth didn't have a problem but there was a lot of gawking eyes, staring at the traveling pack. These people hadn't seen either of these races recently if ever. The two wolves hadn't wished to travel into the town as humans had a fear of such animals. Myrie and the wolves skirted the village limits and would be waiting for them beyond.

The quaint little town was not what Morgoth was hoping for as they approach the stares and glares of onlookers was upsetting his Sylvaan sister she was already itching to pull her knife. To assuage her fear he removed his sword belt and slung it across his chest the sword laying length wise cross the belt behind him buckling it across his chest. He loosened it in it's sheath and returned the stares of those who were closed to the pair of elves.

I realize your scare but focus on me now Nuncia. No one will approach with my hand on the hilt and few would challenge a vengeful drow. I doubt we'll find a trader willing to bargain but a good show of my amber steel and few will want money. This blade has been pasted down by father to so twice now. Mine is a reforged version of the one Alashand father gave him and its dark history has spread far as Shadow. This blade has ending hundreds of lives and the pure blood red scares most into submission.

His reassuring words were all he could give as she had fallen well beyond his healing skill in her sickness. Hopefully he could find a sympathetic soul at the tavern. As they pasted through the town Morgoth kept his gate even a mirror of the Sylvaans them moving in lock step was a frightening thing to see. He pushed aside the doors of the tavern letting them fall behind him and Nuncia. He looked about for the man he knew would running the bar an old friend and a kind soul he'd be the best man to give them directions to a healer and he'd bunk them the night but no longer.

He approached micheal with a glimmer in his eye.

Nice to see your still alive old man. I doubted you'd be running this anymore after the last tavern brawl you were shut up for a week I never rightly thanked you. He slide the old man back the leather mark he held since last they met. Michael glanced around and point to a man across the room sitting alone in an empty corner of the bar.

If you need to speak to anyone in town he'd be the one to tell you what you'd like to know. He's been in town but a short time and royal aggravated everyone but his coin is good and he's a smart boy albeit a bit snarky.

Thank you brother and live to fight another day.

After there brief exchange of words Morgoth accepted a small pouch of food and rationed it out between the two them as he thought about the bar-mans advice. His thoughts meant little if his pack sister didn't want help from the man so he figured it best for both of them to talk it out. Plus this way he could wait to see if the man would approach the group that didn't belong in this bar full of humans.

Are you as excited to have good food and a room tonight Nuncia? We'll bring Myrie and the wolves out some food on the morrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:12 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

He drank the beer with utmost grace, never letting a single spot on the corners of his mouth. The taste wasn’t to his liking, but nobody would bother to alienate him if he acted as a normal person in a bar would. The peacefulness of the town wasn’t helping in the slightest to distract him from the multiple painful experiences that floated around him. He kept his calm knowing all too well that in few moments the men would sing while telling stories of their youth, of their loved ones and their experiences, simple stories, the like of which could be found any day wherever he went. But also the like that never stopped being at the very least acceptably interesting, as he had found, that every single person spoke with a unique disposition.

These ideas, alongside multiple disconnected thoughts danced in his head for long moments; only to be returned to reality by the sound of a quiet uproar. It was quiet in the sense that no one would say a single word, but it was unmistakable. The synchronized sound of moving chairs, the agitated tapping of both feet and fingers upon wood, as well as the eventual disappearance of noise altogether, all of these factors contributed in making it a sensation that was well known to the warrior, yet the reason was rarely the same twice.

He turned around with the elegance that would be expected from a prince, his chair didn’t make a single sound as he moved, and neither did his body. He looked for the cause, his eyes eventually turning naturally to the only spot in the room that contrasted with the rest. He saw the bodies of two persons, both of elven blood, taking the center of the room; their appearances clearly visible among such a regular village.

It was a man and a woman. The man probably belonged to those that were called dark elves, the drow; the combination of black skin and pristine silver hair couldn’t belong to any other race than them. And his dress style wasn’t normal either, a leather armor, black in color and with a subdued red color accentuating it, though not unknown from the standpoint of a warrior such as Sebastián, it would surely call the attention of the whole village

The other person, a woman, whose physical traits could only be elven as well, but this time related to the elves of the forest, the sylvaan. But in her specific case, it was not her race, but her style that was peculiar. She covered her lower body with a single loincloth, while her chest and hands were protected by leather armor; her body had multiple scars, probably as many as Sebastián’s own, and a symbol that could be interpreted as fire showing itself just slightly above her armor.

The former prince realized immediately the reason for which everyone had suddenly stopped talking. The human race as a whole, particularly those that lived their whole lives in closed societies such as towns, tended to discriminate against other races. Indeed, they were lucky not to be completely different humanoids, such as ssar or rathol; if that had been the case, they would not have survived, even if they had weapons. Seeing that they were elven however, and that they were armed, people would hesitate before attacking them.

They approached the bartender, apparently, he had known the drow from before that moment, and was gladly welcoming of his presence. They were given their rations of food, and they spoke between themselves. The berserker got closer to them, his footsteps making a rhythmical thud against the stone flooring. Unlike other humans, he was uncaring about the person’s race, for all that he cared, they could have tentacles coming out of their shoulders, as long as they were capable of intelligent speech.

Once he was close enough, he measured himself to be at least a head taller than either of them, if not slightly more. Upon reaching them, he introduced himself, as royal formalities would ask for, all the while, letting them know that he was a fellow warrior.

“It is unusual to meet others who are familiar with the ways of combat in this type of environment. My name is Sebastián, would you mind joining me for idle chatter?”

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:36 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Entering the town in and of itself was a test of patience for the Sylvaan, with all the stares they got. Not many humans saw Sylvaan outside of the forests, and with the rumours of the race now feral within the woods, of killings of travellers and general hostility towards others, it was no surprise to find that these people were in awe-- and in a bit of a conflict of whether or not these two elves were peaceful or not. Surely by their demeanour alone it would tell these lowly villagers all they needed to know, and that was as simple as leave us be.

But the stares were aggravating the wild woman, for in her realm, staring was done between animals to test who was more intimidating, to test boundaries, to test strength, and often ended either in blood or in fleeing the scene. But the idea was to intimidate the opponent. These stupid humans were in no way intimidating to the war torn feral woman, and so their staring was only serving to make her show her aggression, to show them what true intimidating was. Her hand itched to reach for her kris as the two made their way to the tavern, though Morgoths words were soothing in a way; no harm would come to them, as long as she kept her cool, and he flashed his blade.

She still saw no sense in entering the tavern though. Plenty of people milled around, gawking at the duo; wouldnt it just be easier to end them and drag them back to the woods? Would it not be easier just to enter their homes and take what they have? They were no threat alone, but in numbers she knew they had power. Not nearly enough to take the two warriors down, yet still sufficient enough to deal some minor damage to be sure.

But enter the tavern they did, and Morgoth made a beeline for the barkeep, chatting idly with him. A friend then. But the atmosphere in the small area shifted drastically from their entrance, and it had the Sylvaan wary. A small group of elderly men now staring, faces suspended over mugs, eyeing them, unsure. Not many others, save for the one other, a warrior of some sort she could surmise, by his body language, his general posture, high born. Civilized. She almost scoffed at that idea. But overall, she knew that if it came to a fight, she wouldnt even need to draw her kris to ward these elderly men off, though the warrior would have some work put to him. Easing into her chair, careful to keep her back to a wall, hawk eyes always scanning the area, looking for exits, entrances, alternative route, she was skittish at best when Morgoth set the food before her.

"Are you as excited to have good food and a room tonight Nuncia? We'll bring Myrie and the wolves out some food on the morrow."

"Excitement is saved for the hunt, you know this. I have no need for a bed as you of civilized sorts seem to. I much prefer the limbs of trees to such low forms of comfort on the ground. The food though, I will deal with."

Her words were short to Morgoth, if words could be what they were, for they came out in a low growl. She had no love for this place, and had no need for beds to sleep in. The trees were better cover than some cubical of a room. Not to mention, though she didnt mention it at all to the drow, that she had not slept in a bed since she was very young, choosing instead to live out in the woods, even within her tribe.

She picked at the rations, sniffing them carefully before taking a bite, obviously distrusting of whatever this town gave her. No doubt they would rather poison them than give them rations to help... yet they seemed alright for the time being. The hair on the back of her neck pricked up though, her eyes moving to the warrior figure now headed their way. She had missed the noise that signals his move from the chair, yet his gentle footsteps were what caught her attention, his words shortly following causing her scowl to deepen a fraction.

“It is unusual to meet others who are familiar with the ways of combat in this type of environment. My name is Sebastián, would you mind joining me for idle chatter?”

His tone was off, as if he had recited these lines so many times they felt natural, yet even she could tell they were learned, formal. His body language was off as well, prepared as always, yet somewhat at ease, if any ease could be seen. Her mind worked quickly, evaluating the man in front of her, taking in every detail in his posture, demeanour, weapons, the words he spoke right down to the very tone, and possible meaning of them.

And all she could come up with a list of conflicting facts. He was sad, yet had the mask of happiness set on him. He was prepared for battle, yet seemed at ease. His words were formal, delivered in a way only royalty could give, yet the meaning behind them could be one of two things. Either he was genuinely surprised to find two warriors in this village, and wished for idle chat.

Or he was surprised to find two warriors in this village and wanted to fight.

Either way, the Sylvaan sat up straighter, baring her slightly pointed canines in what could have been taken as her attempt to smile back, though it came off looking more threatening than what it had meant to be.

"I am just as concerned with the unusual meeting here. I am Nuncia, and Id rather know your motives on this idle chatter than your pretty words. Speak plainly, or speak with your blades. Either way I want to know the truth, and not this facade."

Her words were sharp, the tone a low growl, as if she were displeased with this interruption of her meal, yet Morgoth no doubt would catch the curiousity hidden in the words, that she wasnt outright attacking, but inquiring. Her body language was tense, prepared as always to lunge, yet she was giving him a chance to show his true colors. It was a delicate form of balance with the Sylvaan, though hopefully Morgoth would be able to ease her more into the meeting if there were to be one, than she could do alone. Paranoid as always, and more so with her fever, she was just plain unsure with this man. Everything she saw said one thing, everything she heard said another, and it was unnerving. Just as Sutera had blind-sided her with her mask of stone, this man was skirting her with his mask of a smile, though his eyes spoke of more sadness than even she could tolerate. She refused to take her eyes off of him though, just in case he took her words in a way that would be considered bad in such tight quarters.

It didnt help her unease at any lengths when flickerings of figures flit past the corners of her vision, their shrouds of crimson mist making her breathing catch. No, this man was not sad. He was haunted. Spirits should never follow others, but be laid to rest. Never should the dead be left to wander this world, alone and cold. Angry. She looked away from the warrior, Sebastian, only to try to catch a full glimpse of a figure, but to no avail. Her scowling snarl turned into more of a unsure frown, her eyes darting to catch these whisps of people, but still no solid proof this was not just another illusion set forth by her addled and fevered mind. She settled in turn to watch the man, since the flickering red mists around the edges of her vision became clearer closer to him.

No doubt he knew what clung to him. How could one not feel such presence around themselves?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:12 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

The approach of the man was unexpected but welcome up until he said an interesting few words. The exhange between Nuncia and himself was as expected then the intruder who they'd been advised to speak to abruptly approach and ask a strange question in this world. As most questions like that lead to combat.

That sir is a lie, in most lines of work with my set of skills jobs are always found here. I'd be happy to discuss whatever you like as long as you don't threaten my those who matter to me. On a simpler note I am Morgoth Shyne Prince of the Underdark, Rebel leader of the resistance, pack member, Samurai.

He spoke evenly with the a slight edge to his words the samurai knew enough that most who specialized in combat found jobs at taverns. This adventurer hadn't been working long that and that set his mind at easy by his baring he was royalty. His somber cocky attitude aggravated the prince of the Underdark. Morgoth found himself wary of something in the air almost like something brushed against him.

Sighing Morgoth lead the way to the door. As they abandoned the tavern he realized he might be walking into a trap. The trivial nature of this other royal off spring were that a pampered chat it made his skin it but there was an air about the lad that made him curious enough to see where this takes him.

He knew if this wasn't going to be tainted with his anxious frustration he'd have to be careful of his next actions. No need to turn this into a confrontation unless necessary.

What are you motives as I've been but a short time on the surface but your smile is a fake as my regret.

I'm super sorry about the length of this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:03 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Sorry for taking long
--

The man and the woman reacted with understandable caution. The woman, who up close had a grey skin, rather than the brown color he had thought she had before,. The first to respond was the Sylvaan, she spoke In a tone that bordered upon snapping angrily, and she smiled in a way that resembled a beast baring its teeth in order to protect his or her territory, but her body did not seem to take action, and he had heard, that Sylvaan had a hard time adapting to other societies, because they simply did not know how. She seemed nervous for some reason, and once Sebastián saw her looking at his surroundings, he understood. Somehow, she was able to see the spirits around him, which made her cautiousness even more understandable, even he would be cautio0us if he encountered another such as himself.

Meanwhile, the man was much more direct in his approach, initially, he called the former prince a liar, and on an equally as important note, calling himself a prince, and a rebel, which could provide some form of empathy within them. Sebastián answered the first two questions, the one from Morgoth, and the one from Nuncia, in a moment.

“Let me rephrase, it is rare to find warriors in a town that is small enough to have a single tavern, and still have space for outsiders to sit. As you can see, most men here are old men that come every day, seeing nothing else to do with their lives. There are more than a few bigger tows around, the chances of us meeting at this precise moment are slim, would you not agree. As for my reasons, I just want to have idle chatter, you know, actually, here, you can take my weapons away from me as a token of trust. Though I would like to have them back before going out of the town”

Saying that he placed the fighting gloves on the table, his words were highly naïve, yet, unknowingly, he had made the right choice. Neither of the parties would like to fight, simply because fighting would inevitably end with the whole town supporting the human, and though, they were probably more than capable of taking down every man, there between the two of them, a rebel would probably avoid calling attention.

Sebastián continued, his tone of voice unwaveringly friendly, but his smile was gone, his façade had been seen through.

“Also, if you’d like to dine with me, I am Sebastián, former prince of the kingdom of Reenah. As for my smile, it works to adapt myself into society. Though everyone knows that it is fake at a glance, they are more accepting of a lie than of the harsh truth. Speaking of which, it seems that you have discerned the reason for my demeanor, (directing himself at Nuncia.). As you may suspect, I am haunted, around me, there are more than a million souls screaming in pain, if you’d like, I can expound on what happened, though, I suspect it may be uninteresting.”

He was taught to speak as clearly as possible, that much was clear. He spoke that way because, as a king, whenever he made a decree, everyone else had to understand what he was saying. And unfortunately, the fact that his traditions were so ingrained into him could only bring sad memories for him. If he had not resigned to his fate, he may have had cried a single tear. As he was, however, his face was indistinguishable from any other moment, it just looked exactly as sad as he always was.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:25 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

The spirits were concerning the Sylvaan, and as such she seemed to have missed what was said between Morgoth and the sad prince Sebastian, yet with effort she pulled her furtive gaze from the wandering spirits, just in time to have her own reply from the prince-- and to see him set his gloves on the table between them. She instinctively had her hand move to her belt where her curved dagger lay at rest, yet only her fingertips brushed it as her mind caught up on what she had missed.

No fight was wanted from this man. Idle chatter was what he was after.

It was a simple idea, to want to speak to others, yet she honestly had no idea how to calm herself enough in this tavern to manage a conversation worth having. Her eyes flit to the door before returning to the prince, red mists floating on the edges of her vision.

The prince spoke to her next, and though her body language was more than tense, it did well to hear from the man of her more pressing inner turmoil. At least that fake smile was dropped. In turn she dropped her hackles, her expression seeming more at ease with the scowl she sent his way.

“Also, if you’d like to dine with me, I am Sebastián, former prince of the kingdom of Reenah. As for my smile, it works to adapt myself into society. Though everyone knows that it is fake at a glance, they are more accepting of a lie than of the harsh truth. Speaking of which, it seems that you have discerned the reason for my demeanor, (directing himself at Nuncia.). As you may suspect, I am haunted, around me, there are more than a million souls screaming in pain, if you’d like, I can expound on what happened, though, I suspect it may be uninteresting.”

Nuncia gave a quick glance at her partially eaten rations, to the door, and to Morgoth lastly, before looking back to the prince, making the train of thought fairly linear. Her tone seemed natural of a growling snarl, sharp in delivery and tone, since though she didnt seem angry, she always sounded and looked it.

"I have no need to adapt myself into such primitive forms of society. If they choose to hate me for my ways, then I will do the same. Yet I am glad to hear my sight is true. I feared my illness had given me more to worry about, though your tale sounds as possibly woeful as my brother's here, Id be interested in hearing of it. Take your weapons back, Prince. Morgoth, I have no need to stay here, nor any will to. We have food, and you may return for the bed, but I am leaving before I make those men stop staring, with or without the help of my kris. No amount of flashing your hilt will change their old ways, as men that old only learn through drastic change. And i dont feel like showing them just how drastic this Sylvaan can change..."

The last line of her speech came out in such a low and deadly growl, her eyes flashing almost more red than orange for a moment that any watching would have had the hair on the backs of their necks raise, just from how intimidating the whole act was. Though Morgoth would know for sure that his sister of the pack was well past her comfort zone now, the risk that she would openly attack others was rising with each passing moment.

With such grace only an animal and an elf could replicate, she stood from her place, gathered her rations, and gave a jerk of her head to say they were leaving. With a quick glance over her shoulder, she looked to the spirit enshrouded prince and gave the same motion.

"Im no royalty, but if you wanna chat, we're doing it elsewhere. I doubt you want to help clean up the place after im done, if i chose to act; if I ever set foot in a town again, it will be the end of it, i swear."

She turned to leave the tavern, food in one hand, hilt of her kris in the other as she gave a snarling growl at the elderly men as she walked past, baring her teeth as any rabid wild animal would. Many people knew very little of the wood elves ways, and even fewer had ever seen one. But tales of old told of how the Sylvaans were peaceful elves, that lived off the lands, hunted their food, and created great temples to worship the gods of old, taking care of sacred groves... and yet this was not how Nuncia appeared at all; aggressive, wild, feral, tribal, and much more animal like than any other elf ever could deign to be.

"Stupid civilized creatures, think they know so much of the world with their fancy houses and beds. They dont know anything of me or my ways, so why judge me for that. I am not like you because i choose not to be like you. Your ways make me sick, seeing your wooden houses, cut from my woods, animal skins left to the dogs. Waste. Thats all civilization is, is a waste. Should just burn em all down and make em survive in the woods. Hunt em like animals. Then well see whose staring at who... filthy creatures..." As she left the tavern she began muttering under her breath, and for those close enough, it would have been readily heard if the ear was strained, but for those too far off it would have only sounded as growls and snarls.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:55 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

"I have no need to adapt myself into such primitive forms of society. If they choose to hate me for my ways, then I will do the same. Yet I am glad to hear my sight is true. I feared my illness had given me more to worry about, though your tale sounds as possibly woeful as my brother's here, Id be interested in hearing of it. Take your weapons back, Prince. Morgoth, I have no need to stay here, nor any will to. We have food, and you may return for the bed, but I am leaving before I make those men stop staring, with or without the help of my kris. No amount of flashing your hilt will change their old ways, as men that old only learn through drastic change. And i dont feel like showing them just how drastic this Sylvaan can change... Im no royalty, but if you wanna chat, we're doing it elsewhere. I doubt you want to help clean up the place after im done, if i chose to act; if I ever set foot in a town again, it will be the end of it, i swear."

Morgoth sighed following the two outside as he saw the mob gathering in the center of town he spoke calmly and evenly.

I know our present in your village confounds and disturbs your simple human minds. We merely wish to leave in peace so I ask you let us leave comfortably. My companion the Sylvaan Would gladly make a blood bath in her wake so if you could give us a wide birth as we leave it is advised. I wouldn't like to be involved in another confrontation so soon.

With that the Drow drew his amber blade and glanced around. With the feral expression of a trapped animal he grinned a little as they let them pass. He probably would have simply knocked out anyone who had attempted violence but he wasn't forced to make that choice as they left the town unscathed. The glow behind the drow's somber silver eyes was the pride with which he'd found in his profession.

He breathed calmly and evenly as he saw the patch of forest about 40 yards outside of the city. He whistled twice and the wolves and Myrie padded fourth. The feral look in his mates eye's glowing sapphire blue in the afternoon sun her whole body shook as she saw that Morgoth's pensive expression and that we was carrying food. He ran forward dropping her bow and tackling the other drow laugh as she plucked a piece of bread from his grasp.

Thank you Morgoth, love of my life. I don't think I could have gone another second of the poor excuse of a vegetarian diet. I'm... I'm sorry for my improper behavior sir. I am Myrie Shyne and these wolves are our companions. I fear in our travel's south we found ourselves dying a little more each day.

Morgoth stared into her eye's, leaned in and kissed her. Breaking away he stood of and shook the dusty out of his outfit. A grin parted his lips simply beam the drow waved the two that were a couple feet behind him forward. While Myrie was eating Morgoth began to speak coolly almost certain of there safety he abandoned his weapon giving it to Myrie.

I have great faith in this new compainion, He's introduced himself as Sebatian a human prince from Reenah. I've little knowledge of the human lands and I fear my Sylvaan friend is likely to have faired worse. Considering that her entry into towns is rare. This is Myrie my mate, as she introduced herself nicely for you. Our sirname's are not currently the same though she looks at the future hopefully. She is as of this moment Myrie Nightshade. All I can say is please keep an open mind our tales and pasts are at least as complicated as your's.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:36 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

It hadn’t been hard to acquaint himself with the two elven warriors, in particular, he was surprised by the relative calm nature of the woman; more so after her initial defensive stance. Because of his own strange situation, it seemed as if these kinds of people were far more accepting of his true self than any closed society such as the one they were standing in at the moment. The old men at the bar would probably dismiss his story as the ramblings of some insane young craving for adventure, while the rest of the town would simply avoid talking to him if he wore his true face, content to lead normal lives, knowing what fate has in store for them regardless of any random event.

Though, through the opposite perspective, his life could have been even more comfortable, and with even less surprises if no one had kidnapped him and turned him into a slave. In all likelihood, he would have ended as a spoiled king whose cares for the common folk limited themselves to be similar to the importance given to a cow by a farmer. Creatures able to produce comfort for him, but expendable at any moment in which the master feels that it is pointless to keep supplying their needs. Though initially glad to have received such an experience, it all seemed pointless at that moment.

His moment of absent-mindedness prevented him from following immediately, only grabbing his claws and doing so once Nuncia had reached the door. After reaching them, he saw that a large crowd had gathered, in their utter and repetitive boredom, the townsfolk were probably more amused by the fact that two elves, of opposing forces even, had decided to take a nice and comfortable stroll through their village. Sebastián opened his mouth to intervene, but Morgoth solved the situation quickly, hinting that Nuncia was more powerful than what her appearance showed. The former prince listened intently; the two were clearly more trustworthy than mostly any person that wouldn’t doubt to sell their children for profit, possibly the case for the people gathered.

It was close to nighttime, they had to walk with haste towards the forest, even though a single one of them could have easily dealt with mostly any group of rogues that closed in on them, it would be time wasted, time that could be used to recollect wood, or anything else they needed for that matter. Upon reaching a particular patch in the forest, they saw two wolves, and another drow, who, without warning, tackled Morgoth, laughing while she took a piece of bread from his grasp. The Reenian prince remembered his many partners, most of them interested only in his relatively large inheritance, though at least three of them were interested in his exploits in the battlefield. He was no stranger to seeing true affection between people, and as it looked, the drow couple was highly functional. She talked with Morgoth, ignoring her surroundings, then noticing him standing there. All of a sudden her behavior became formal, which indicated that she had been educated in royal manners, either through heritage, or by being close to Morgoth.

The male drow introduced her as his mate, though Sebastián could see that plainly, and he then commented about how their tales were at least as complicated as his. He wouldn’t say that he was happy to hear that others had gone through suffering, but he was glad to be able to fully drop his mask leaving only his true self to be seen.

“Good night, nice to meet you. As he said, I was a prince of my land before an army of spellcasters gathered to make it disappear with a single, ritualistic spell. (Directing himself at everyone) It is a pleasure to know the three of you, at the very least; your actions so far have made it clear to me that you are trustworthy, at the very least with companions, which is much more than what could be said about most humans.”

After his rant, he awaited response. The tone at that moment was more humble, the formal structure he was using coming out of his mouth more through force of habit than desire. Much as his life, he couldn’t be called anything else than a contradiction.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:16 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Nuncia cast only a single glance over her shoulder as she made her way through the parted sea of onlookers to see the Prince following, before returning her amber gaze to the citizens of this tiny town, hackles raising as Morgoth mentioned her capability to rend them all. Some took a step back further, as she stalked through the path created for them, eyes meeting others as a low hiss escaped between her clenched teeth. At least the cattle were smart enough not to bother them on the way out, and once clear of the town, Nuncias pace grew easier, the tension melting from her as they stepped forth into the woods.

A gentle sigh came from her as the shade of the forest lit with the coming moonlight now flickered across her flesh, her form almost all but melting into the trees, her steps silent as a ghost. She weaved between the trees with that same simple grace, Morgoth following a slightly different path that led them to the same ends. A nice clearing, set up as the rendezvous point for the others of her pack, was where Nuncia stepped forth from the trees, giving a small bow to Myrie as she rushed to her mate. But it was her own meeting she was looking forwards to, and as the wolves followed behind Myrie, a particularly larger wolf, grey brown with scrawling black markings dusting his entirety, stepped casually over to Nuncia.

With a smile, Nuncia stepped forth to meet the wolf part way, bending enough that they may bump heads, their amber eyes locking for a moment before the wolfs gaze flicked to Sebastian. Nuncias gaze followed, her smile still in place as she moved her forehead from the wolfs, looking back to it. A silent exchange flit between the two, tell-tale only by the wolfs ears flicking, tail twitching, and the slight whine it gave out. The Sylvaan moved to the wolfs side, the great beast leaning a shoulder into her thigh as she rest a hand on its back, leading the way to the human Prince.

“Good night, nice to meet you. As he said, I was a prince of my land before an army of spellcasters gathered to make it disappear with a single, ritualistic spell. (Directing himself at everyone) It is a pleasure to know the three of you, at the very least; your actions so far have made it clear to me that you are trustworthy, at the very least with companions, which is much more than what could be said about most humans.”

Nuncia snorted at the humans part, the wolf at her side making a likewise snorting noise. The wolf levelled its gaze to Sebastian, its amber eyes holding an intelligence far surpassing that of a normal wolf with how it analyzed every motion of the Prince, its ear flicking slightly as its tail waved slowly back and forth. Nuncia gave a sigh, rolling her eyes a bit.

"Sebastian, my brother wishes me to introduce himself to you. This is Aisu, my blood brother. My family has a rare gift, and at the same time a curse. My brother was once a Sylvaan, but his gift became his curse, and is now trapped in the form of a wolf. So while you only count three members of this party and two wolves, let it be known that Aisu is more than capable of being a part of such things as we are, just with some minor difficulties. (Looks down at Aisu) Like talking for himself..."

Aisu nudged her with a snort grunt, flicking an ear back, making the Sylvaan grin a little. The wolf looked back at Sebastian, cocking an ear to him now, eyes slicking to Nuncia and back to him. Once again a silent conversation between the two that ended with the Sylvaan settling on the ground, the great wolf laying down next to her, resting a big head on her knee.

"So what is your tale, Prince. Spellcasters wiping out your kingdom seems to only half explain your surrounding companions, which Aisu is rather concerned about. He says they are much angrier than I can see in my current form, and seem to hold a sad malice towards everything. Though perchance you would rather hear of other tales before your own, either way, we are curious. Not many can bind souls to their selves so well that not even rest can reach them."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:54 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

A simple childish grin played across the drow's face. He couldn't hide his simple feelings for Myrie. She was everything to him and couldn't help but love her for it. A sigh as he straitened himself out and stood. Smiling at Aisu, seeing his family around him the pack in all its injured glory. He loosened the straps on his leather armor. sliding his weapon to a position from which it would be hard to draw but more comfortable for his now lose belt.

"So what is your tale, Prince. Spellcasters wiping out your kingdom seems to only half explain your surrounding companions, which Aisu is rather concerned about. He says they are much angrier than I can see in my current form, and seem to hold a sad malice towards everything. Though perchance you would rather hear of other tales before your own, either way, we are curious. Not many can bind souls to their selves so well that not even rest can reach them."

He listened to Nuncia and realized she must be right. There is no way that's the end of the story. His dark past wasn't a simple as the drow had hoped. This lad had suffered and was doomed to suffer for an indeterminable amount of time further still. He'd lost his home and everything he'd cared about in a few moments tossed aside into this dark uncaring reality. The inhabitant's of this continent frowned on the weak and valued ingenuity and strength above all else. The fearless abandon with which this lands inhabitants attack was the result of necessity and he found pity for this mans predicament. He had trouble hiding his pity just like the man had trouble hiding his dead smile.

Sebastian was a interesting anomaly that didn't fit into the weave of this world a somber prince of a forgotten land. Lost in a miasma of moaning souls, the boy was condemned to live out his torturous days. The vengeful sorrow of the spirits around him haunting him must be an unending nightmare. Must like the past haunts Morgoth's dreams, the witch, his father. Each and every farm boy, street urchin, children and young men all taken by his sword. They watch him sleep awaiting the day when they can torment his soul for all eternity in the dark. The day when Morgoth doesn't wake. The drow's smile faded as his thoughts were driven to that dark place and he fell to his knee's again. Almost fainting remembering the pain he'd been put through. When he opened his eye's Myrie's bright eye's were looking into his tear's glistening in her silver eye's against the moon light. She knew he was hurting again and he collapsed in her arms for a moment breathing calming his mind.

My apologies Sebastian I've... been ill recently and its made me think of all the pain I've caused. I'm horrified another living being never mind a group of them could condemn an entire city to death or worse. Living after the death of all they care about. I... can't imagine what you've been through all I can saw is everyone has there cross to bare. I killed my own father for the good of my people. I've done horrible things in that war and I will never be the same but I hope you can bare these demon's long enough to heal. Life will go on and you will find justice for those who have cursed your existence.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:06 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

I included a variation of Sebastián’s skills that isn’t written in his char sheet since it makes the narrative flow naturally, I hope you don’t mind.
--

As a general rule, Sebastián didn’t expect people to believe him when he told his story, at least not initially. As such, he was slightly taken aback by the general reaction of the group, though his expression did not change except for a single elongated blink, it would be impossible to be discerned unless someone was paying excessive attention to his face. Yet the reaction wasn’t completely positive either, the two drow were fairly accepting of his circumstances, a tear even escaped from Morgoth’s eye, quite possibly one of understanding from a fellow prince. On the other side, Nuncia and Aisu kept themselves understandably alert, they were able to see more than a million souls surrounding him, and more than that, they were screeching in pain.

The berserker could only continue his explanation, after all, he intended to trust them, and to have them trust him, he couldn’t hide anything.

“Yes, though the destruction of my kingdom explains my lack of multiple expressions, Nuncia and Aisu are in their right to question about the spirits surrounding me. The reason is simply that I failed as a prince and as a commander, I was goaded into the outskirts of Reenah, the enemy achieved this by attacking towns in a line, escaping before we could reach them. By the time we found them, they were on the outskirts of Reenah, they had prepared an ambush, taking them all down, and leaving me alive. It was then that they destroyed the place with a single spell, but that spell had another motive than simply eliminating everything. Indeed, it was a spell that only killed sentient beings, bringing their souls back to the user. All of this had been done to create an earthly god, something as powerful as a deity that could be controlled by the spellcasters, but they preferred to avoid risk of the beast going on an onslaught at all costs, which meant that every single one of them had to aid in control. They forcefully imposed every reenian soul into me, however the process was intense enough to backfire, killing them all instantly. Now I can only stay a human because the souls fear any pain stronger than their own, they refuse to be kept inside my body, but they can’t escape either.”

He delivered the whole narration with his sadness visible in his face, his eyes attempted to well up, but he had to keep strong, for the souls.

“I don’t intend to keep their appearance a secret though, let me make them visible for you, if you observe them, you may be able to see the last memories that they had, and in most cases, the realization that they were going to be killed without a doubt, they probably number in the millions.”

Sebastián remained perfectly still, after a few seconds, the souls started to become visible for anyone, but he couldn’t move from his position, or the souls wouldn’t be able to show themselves, as they were forced to move according to Sebastián’s body, they were not able to focus in a single place unless he took the moment to stop, or he expanded their power with his rage.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:49 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Morgoth fell to his knees, Myrie rushing to his side as he was overcome by his past horrors once more. Nuncia didnt move from her place, instead watching the Princes reaction to this show of weakness, to discern if he was true on his wish not to come to blows. Sure enough, Sebastian appeared to have an understanding, however introverted his reaction was, the Sylvaan picked up on the subtle shift of his eyes, the tensing of his jaw, the careful control of his breathing. He recovered quickly enough, answering her questions with all due respect to detail as was needed and required.

The prince of the fallen kingdom gave his story, and what a tale it was, if it were to be believed; magic users all banding together to destroy a single kingdom all in the hopes of creating a God on Earth by merging the fallen souls into a corporeal body, which happened to be the Prince himself. It was almost sad irony that he gods chose to make these mortals not only cause their own demise, but keep this man as a living relic to that folly of the humans.

It was sad, but an unavoidable fate for those that thought of themselves as equals to the Gods.

Nuncia's expression stayed relatively calm while Sebastian spoke, her hand burying itself into Aisu's mane at the nape of his neck, her eyes focusing on both the man and the crimson mists around him. She felt better knowing that these spirits had tried at least to keep their will in that afterlife, but it still hurt for her to see such desperation and pain from creatures no longer to pass on.

...what she wasnt expecting was for the Prince to show those spirits to them.

Seeing glimpses of flitting figures wracked in misery and pain were one thing, when you thought they only numbered in the few, with details lost in the fogs of such limited sight. But to have the images cleared of that fog, to see all the spirits that surrounded him, spanning out and around as a vortex of pain, suffering, anger, misery....

Nuncia gave a yelp at the same time Aisu did, the latter standing his ground and warily watching the spirits as the furs on his neck rose; the former moved a swift few paces back, her form melting instantly into that of the huge Gorilla, its fists thumping the ground as it gave a roar, sweat beading on her forehead.

It was one thing to know, another to see, and quite another to have your mind play tricks on you, whispering threats in your mind of what this man could do with such spirits, if he had the will to command them. One moment she had been shocked at the sheer numbers of these flitting floating folk, and the next, she had become paranoid, frightened.... and when Nuncia got frightened, she tended to lash out.

With the great gorilla in full form, yellowed canines bared as the spirits circled, its breathing panted as it stood its ground, panicked, but standing fast at least. This man has souls he could show them; so did the Sylvaan. And as far as she knew, besides Aisu, she was the only Shifter in this world, making her abilities rather rare to come across outside of myths and tales.

Aisu felt his sister shift in her panic and fear, and instantly turned his back on the spirits, to show her it was fine, the wolf staring down the great ape with a gentle whine. The silent communion between the two was lost on everyone but the ons involved, since as much as Aisu was a wolf, he could communicate with all animals in this way, so long as his sisters soul was within them. The Gorilla gave a thump of its fist into the ground, eyes flicking between Aisu and the spirits, the amber eyes of the Sylvaan unsure within the apes form, yet she made no move to attack. Only intimidate, scare, make them go away. Anything but this fear she felt with those spirits all screaming, their cries ringing now in her mind, her heart, making her souls cringe within themselves. Even the great ape was cringing slightly, its body tense as if coiled too tightly, each muscle strained with stress.

How this man lived with this din was a better explanation as to his sad stare than anything. How could he ever show or truly have happiness with that all around him?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:27 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

In an instant the world around him changed. The drow was caught completely unaware while coming back to the realm of consciousness. His mind was muddle and then he appeared to be seeing things. The words of Sebastian came to Morgoth then. These were the tormented souls of his people sealed in a limbo forever trapped and linked to their failed prince. This mans existence was a painful reminder to the souls that they will never receive peace. His perception of the world had an unwavering core of balance at its core but this didn't fall until the logic that other gods seemed to follow. The god that bound these beings to this boy made him a martyr, and a living martyr at that. Sebastian was curse and blessed all in one moment. He may not command these souls but they bolster the man in a time of need or force him carry on when all seemed lost. His path was clear Morgoth had to bring this boy into the light.

Then he saw Nuncia's form shifting, in a second the slim, athletic form of the Sylvaan was gone replaced with a rearing gorilla. Aisu stood between the souls and Nuncia staring her down. Morgoth Followed suit, putting his form between that of Aisu and the spirits. Locking eyes with the gorilla he let his smile slide calmly across his face as he felt the spirits just behind him. His breathing even, calm a simple sigh crossed his lips as the night elf watched the dusky sky allowing the shadows to play across his skin. He'd left his leather armor behind on the ground it had fallen off when he'd dropped to his knee's. He only left his hand on the hilt of his blade out of comfort nothing more.

Easy sister, this man was trying to show us the result of this strange divine curse. An interesting tactic for a god. Curse a man to purgatory without taking his life, left with a simple reminder that you were't good enough to defend your people. Look closely at my back Reehnian, that scar is my reminder. My father put that there with a hot blade when I turned seven. On my birthday, my father asked my to practice with him flowing from one form to the next. Keeping time, until he changed the motions becoming serious lost his sick mind my father almost filleted his eldest son. It took me three years to walk again, two more to run away and finally five more before I got to kill that bastard. I've seen my shifter pack sisters scars as you must have. We all have been cursed in one way or another. Outsiders, outcast in my land we would have been put to death under most leadership. All I know now is regret, and sorrow for the lives I couldn't save. Every death in the clan war is blood on my hands for not have the skill and the courage to end my father the first time. My weakness cost the resistance ten years of casualties.

His voice ran horse with anger his eye glinting against the moonlight. He simply couldn't condone what he'd forced his people to live through but they needed him then and they needed him now. Morgoth wasn't the same boy he was when he'd failed his people and now here he was again in a position where he could change things forever. If Nuncia calmed down they could hear more of the sad prince's tale. These spirits deserved redemption and Morgoth just wanted to be able to help Sebastian if they could.

I know your hurting Nuncia focus on us and come back. We're here if anything was wrong we'd have stop Sebastian from harming anyone. Believe me we just hope that this poor soul can find console him with pleasanter conversation. The boy has suffered enough without the wrath of the animal kingdom being brought upon him.