It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Crossroads of Fate (Nuncia, Az, and me)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:34 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Sorry for the length.
--
By making the spirits surrounding him clearly visible, Sebastián prompted a reaction, only slightly more unusual than expected. Nuncia transformed at the moment she saw the spirits surrounding him, not in a mental or psychological form. Instead, the sylvaan that had been there had been replaced by a humanoid beast that seemed as if could take an orc in unarmed combat and win handily. Covered in fur and large, with arms of oversized proportions clearly made as the main tool for offense that the beast had, even with that, it was only enough to shake him out of his concentration, hiding the spirits around him from view once more.

But just as she was about to attack, her brother Aisu stepped in, breaking her away from her own rage, and non-verbally accepting Sebastián. The young berserker felt as if he understood what she was feeling, after all, even with his emotions in check, his power stemmed from the wrath he felt from the death of all Reenians. And even then, he had been in that state at least once, upon facing an undead that only reminded him of his own failure, he couldn’t control his own rage.

Morgoth spoke soon afterwards, a fellow prince, and one that had gone through many hardships as well, from his words, those nincluded even being crippled by his own father while sparring, and eventually defeating him in order to lead his people as best he could. Their hardships had been different, while Sebastián was an abomination of a man at that moment, his family had loved him while they were alive, he remembered that they would do anything for him, even rescue him from those that enslaved him for years.

He began to speak in response to their previous actions.

“Quite impressive, you are able to turn back and forth from being an animal and being an elf, I had never seen anything like that before. Also, let me thank you all for your understanding, I’ll listen to your pain if needed, and I will help if at all possible, for there are few that are willing to accept me with such ease. I feel that Morgoth has had his share of pain, something that we can only understand because we were not good enough to protect everyone that had been entrusted to us, and that keeps on our back as a weight, that is why at the very least I have to live at this moment, in order to fulfill the promise as a prince that I wasn’t able to while they were alive".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:39 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

With not only Aisu but now also Morgoth standing before the man, the Sylvaan had to give enough pause in her fears to hear them out; no one turns their back on an enemy, and yet both of the warriors had themselves exposed to the possible attack of the Prince. It was a moment of confusion with the gorilla, when Sebastion startled out of his concentration, the spirits all flitting back, and yet in her animal form they werent completely gone.

Now she could see them swirling around him, thrashing, moaning, staring off in horror-- the forms were more hazy then the crystal clear Sebastian had managed to make them before, and in the slight fog the numbers seemed to have dwindled slightly. She let her hackles fall, eyes still narrowed on the Prince of Reehan. With a large sigh from the great beast, the form shrank to the Sylvaan, crouched in much a similar fashion with fists in the ground. Straightening up slowly, Nuncia eyed Sebastian, her gaze still narrowed, and yet it seemed puzzled.

Normally Morgoth and her did not trust anyone, and as easy as Aisu was to accept others, it was strange to have him defend the man when clearly he even gives the wolf some heeby jeevies, and to have Morgoth stand with his back to him. That was the strangest part, for without his armour on, not only was he showing his scars to the man, but also leaving himself open for an attack.

And yet the Prince had not moved.

Aisu came over to put his nose in her hand, leaning his great weight against her hip as he gave a soft whine. Nuncia looked down to him and gave a heavy sigh through bared teeth, which only made the wolf chuckle, the soft sounds escaping the wolfs muzzle clearly of amusement. The elf frowned a little, patting him, and decided to resume her seat while Aisu licked the sweat from her brow; the fever was at its peaks from her transforming, and with the panic and confusion and paranoia.... it was all just tiring it seemed.

“Quite impressive, you are able to turn back and forth from being an animal and being an elf, I had never seen anything like that before. Also, let me thank you all for your understanding, I’ll listen to your pain if needed, and I will help if at all possible, for there are few that are willing to accept me with such ease. I feel that Morgoth has had his share of pain, something that we can only understand because we were not good enough to protect everyone that had been entrusted to us, and that keeps on our back as a weight; that is why at the very least I have to live at this moment, in order to fulfill the promise as a prince that I wasn’t able to while they were alive".

Nuncia gave a snort, naturally more aggressive then your run of the mill elf. Even at rest she looked ready to spring into action at the drop of a hat. She let Aisu lay down before her, hand on his flanks, before she spoke up.

"Of course youve never seen an elf turn into a feral gorilla, because if you had, Id have a bigger pack by now. I may not have spirits following me, or some big ancient curse, or a fallen kingdom, but I got scars. Enough of em to tell anyone that Ive been through hell and back just to keep breathing. My tribe was a nice place, if you were a guy. Men got to hunt, got to have council, got all the freedoms in the world. Women had to bare children, forage, cook, and be claimed by a man. Men got to be wild, while the women were forced to be tame. And I didnt like that. I am a hunter, and the best of the lot back home. It didnt matter to me that I was a woman, I was doing what I loved, what all my souls loved.

"But the council had another idea about me. They didnt know of my.... affliction. Not even in my tribe was it normal for you to have the soul of animals trapped within you. But my father had, before me, and my brother had after me. Council decided it was time some man to tame me, to make me into the slaves I saw the women as. No more running free in the woods, no more free life. I snapped. And slashed the mans neck, right in front of the council.

"The penalty for killing another in unarmed combat is death. And not the quick kind, but the kind where they strap you to a pole in the middle of the beach with the trees far from you, and the people get to come by and beat you if they really feel like it. They also give you a nice brand mark of a flame, to show you are no longer of the people of the trees, but a wild flame that needs to be put out.

"My brother here, he saved my life. Convinced the council and used himself to barter with, that they strap me to a mast and send me out to sea. I crashed on shore here a long while ago. But my brother believed me dead. So he did his part, but wars began to break out across our lands of Tilith. Great wars, with strange creatures that came from the caverns of the mountains. My brother fought hard, being thrown in the front lines as part f my on going punishment. So when the wolfs soul called to him, he wanted the strength, the promise of life the wolf offered. And so he shifted for the first time. But you arent supposed to let a soul get the better of your own, and Aisu had never dealt with the souls as I had. And so the wolf took him over. He survived the wars, obviously, but our people saw what he had become. And they were terrified. Believed him to be a werewolf, capable of spreading the curse through the lands. And so they branded him as well, and sent him of in a boat to die.

"He found me after a long while. Ive struggled in this new world, for people do not have the respect mine do; my people do not feel the need to layer clothes on, nor wear armours. And yet here I am reduced to wearing it, just to save myself more pain. That and they stare... if you stare, you are challenging me. I dont care if you had never seen a creature like me, you do not stare. Would you stare down a great Dragon? No, so why stare down a creature you know nothing about. And the warriors here are skilled, unlike my own people they use weapons of range, as well as blades and magic. I have my own skills, but my time here has been riddled with challenger ripping me apart for not having enough skill to meet theirs. I am powerful back home, but here I am just another shadow in the woods...."

Nuncia put a hand to her head to wipe little more sweat from her brow, looking a little more ashen then usual, even under the dim of the forest. She gave a lesser sigh, leaning a bit more on Aisu. Her body language spoke of hesitation in all its forms, and when her mouth opened again, it was easier to see why she was hesitating.

"If helping is what you really have in mind, then.... I.... I am sick. There has been a plague sweeping the north... i got too close. The trees are dead up that way, along with any animals caught in the sweep, and its moving southwards. We were forced to get food from a town because all the game in the area has fled, and the earth is strangling any bounty it once held. We've tried keeping up with the game, but I keep slowing us down....."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:54 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

“Quite impressive, you are able to turn back and forth from being an animal and being an elf, I had never seen anything like that before. Also, let me thank you all for your understanding, I’ll listen to your pain if needed, and I will help if at all possible, for there are few that are willing to accept me with such ease. I feel that Morgoth has had his share of pain, something that we can only understand because we were not good enough to protect everyone that had been entrusted to us, and that keeps on our back as a weight, that is why at the very least I have to live at this moment, in order to fulfill the promise as a prince that I wasn’t able to while they were alive".

"Of course youve never seen an elf turn into a feral gorilla, because if you had, Id have a bigger pack by now. I may not have spirits following me, or some big ancient curse, or a fallen kingdom, but I got scars. Enough of em to tell anyone that Ive been through hell and back just to keep breathing. My tribe was a nice place, if you were a guy. Men got to hunt, got to have council, got all the freedoms in the world. Women had to bare children, forage, cook, and be claimed by a man. Men got to be wild, while the women were forced to be tame. And I didnt like that. I am a hunter, and the best of the lot back home. It didnt matter to me that I was a woman, I was doing what I loved, what all my souls loved.

"If helping is what you really have in mind, then.... I.... I am sick. There has been a plague sweeping the north... i got too close. The trees are dead up that way, along with any animals caught in the sweep, and its moving southwards. We were forced to get food from a town because all the game in the area has fled, and the earth is strangling any bounty it once held. We've tried keeping up with the game, but I keep slowing us down....."

Every fight I've been in since I've reached the surface has shown me that I can't be alone in this world. I've found myself wrung out like a tunic after rain from a simple punch an elf gave me. She broke half my ribs, I've fought Joshua the Judge. Another curse man doom to see the faults in others and nothing more. He's just a shell going through the motions of life. Nuncia here is simply trying to survive like the rest of us and has been quickly adapting to a hostile world and for that she's earned my undying respect and loyalty. All I can ask is that, You please help her in her current state if capable. I never learned any medical skills and as such have realized I need a way to escape harm more effectively. But, that matters little at the present do what you if you can Sebastian.

Everyone was talking at once and Morgoth merely hoped his words were conveyed accordingly. His head was still spinning from the reality that he wasn't run through. Quiet the contrary Sebastian has not only not attacked him; but also had banished the spirits back to his person and out of Morgoth's sight. Nuncia slightly more comfortable had address the young man and after her words, Morgoth spoke. He hoped the prince would listen to them, as Nuncia was sweating heavily and a flush was evident even against her skin.

Morgoth saw the weakness in her hesitating form. Nuncia was very ill and he didn't know what to do with himself. The last time Myrie was ill he picked a fight with a caster and came out of it very much worse for ware. He couldn't always take the risk of trusting this worlds inhabitants. This time felt different he couldn't explain it but he felt tied to the other prince. The man had the same shadow's of doubt in his expression that Morgoth buried deep inside himself. He knew he had to be strong for the pack but the truth is he was scared and wondering if this would be another scenario where his incompetence would be his undoing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:05 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

"Every fight I've been in since I've reached the surface has shown me that I can't be alone in this world. I've found myself wrung out like a tunic after rain from a simple punch an elf gave me. She broke half my ribs, I've fought Joshua the Judge. Another curse man doom to see the faults in others and nothing more. He's just a shell going through the motions of life. Nuncia here is simply trying to survive like the rest of us and has been quickly adapting to a hostile world and for that she's earned my undying respect and loyalty. All I can ask is that, You please help her in her current state if capable. I never learned any medical skills and as such have realized I need a way to escape harm more effectively. But, that matters little at the present do what you if you can Sebastian. "

The young prince would have thought about how to help her even if no one had told him to, yet somehow, the fact that they were relying on him made him feel as if he could still be of use to those that were alive. He heard about their situation, without a moment of thought his mind began to wander into possible solutions. He could get medicine from the human world with ease, though he had to have a village healer look at her before deciding on something, and even if they found someone willing to see an elf, it would be hard to determine whether human medicine would work on someone who wasn’t necessarily of that species.

And as his mind began to move away, so did his voice. He had lived alone, yet followed by pain at the same time for a long time, his perception of others had been reduced except when he was consciously attempting to fit into society. Unconsciously, he lowered his head, his sight following, and reaching the ground eventually, he began to speak his thoughts out loud, disregarding completely the presence of everyone there.

“It is possible that human medicine would work on her. But wouldn’t I need to see a doctor for that? Though I would still be able to get something, however I’ve heard rumors of a plague. Perhaps it is the same that she is describing. Though the voice of the town is not reliable, There are at least five different stories as to what is happening. Some say that it is the vengeful spirit of a warrior of decay defeated by a group of heroes. They also say that it is a normal and natural occurrence, some say that it was a ritual summoned by a group like many others in an attempt to get riches. Perhaps it is Orthos deciding to play a prank, but many say that it is a being with powers and appearance that can’t be fully comprehended unless it is seen, and that even then, the beast seems immortal in every sense.

But how to help her? They say that the plague is incurable, but if it was caused by anything not natural it could be countered by killing the source couldn’t it, if it is natural, she is going to die isn’t she? No I must not let another person relying on me die, I have to find the source. Meanwhile we could slow it down or even stop it. If I hunt with them I could carry her when she gets tired wouldn’t I, it wouldn’t be obstructive upon fighting. Yet the royal healers were divided between attempting to return into your normal life or resting for elongated perios of town, but if she grows stronger she could aid in fighting what is causing her illness wouldn’t she, yes perhaps…”

His ramblings soon became mumbles, almost inaudible. He wasn’t sure if he would be of much help, after all, his facts were few and they did not have a strong connection or clue behind them, nothing to point them into the right direction.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:56 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Aisu made a small noise at her side, when Sebastian began muttering off to himself, making the Sylvaan look on at him while he rambled on, a curious sort of understanding in her gaze. For what has felt like many years now, this elf had done much the same thing, though none were around to see it; to see it from this angle though, was a new realization of just how out of touch they all were.

With the back of her hand, she wiped more sweat from her brow, sighing a little, interjecting herself easily into the Prince's continued muttering, as if they had never stopped having a conversation. It was an odd form of conversation, when it seemed as if they were only speaking to themselves, yet Nuncia had had enough of her own time alone and lost to know how hard a habit it can be to break, regardless of who you have near and to hear.

"They say the plaguebearer is one that the Gods have chosen men to fight against, to determine the fate of this world... we have figured out mostly who all is fighting against the threat, but they are all in a rival pack of strong fighters and ancient powers.... we do not have the power to confront them, even if it was to ask for assistance. The sickness comes in waves, with the fever at its peak, weakening me to nothing, causing my mind to play tricks on me... I-I dont want to be a danger to my pack. And that is what I am, when the fever gets too much for me. If we can just find a way to keep the fever lowered, then I can deal with the rest.... The forests have stopped growing what I need for my salves, and beyond that I know nothing of medicines... Elves are no different from humans, except my people have their souls tied to the souls of the trees, the Drow to the darkness, the High Elves to their magic; humans keep their soul to themselves. If there is so much of an issue, I can always act as an animal, and be treated as such, if being an elf is so difficult. I have many forms, many shapes, many sizes..."

Her own words drifted off as her head rested against Aisu's flank. The day had been devoured by the darkness of night, and as such, Nuncia got up slowly, head lowered a bit as she began to gather up sticks quickly. It was quick work when she had such good eyesight in the woods, and as soon as she had a small amount of wood, she sat back in her place. Pulling her kris out, she struck the blade on the flint rock she found along the way, sparks flying out to catch on the tinder, starting the small flames. The Sylvaan watched the fire with cautious care, the area around the small flame cleared of anything that could have caught fire along with it. It was a small fire, barely enough to light the elf from her place next to it, but it was something at least in the darkness.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:16 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

"They say the plaguebearer is one that the Gods have chosen men to fight against, to determine the fate of this world... we have figured out mostly who all is fighting against the threat, but they are all in a rival pack of strong fighters and ancient powers.... we do not have the power to confront them, even if it was to ask for assistance. The sickness comes in waves, with the fever at its peak, weakening me to nothing, causing my mind to play tricks on me... I-I dont want to be a danger to my pack. And that is what I am, when the fever gets too much for me. If we can just find a way to keep the fever lowered, then I can deal with the rest.... The forests have stopped growing what I need for my salves, and beyond that I know nothing of medicines... Elves are no different from humans, except my people have their souls tied to the souls of the trees, the Drow to the darkness, the High Elves to their magic; humans keep their soul to themselves. If there is so much of an issue, I can always act as an animal, and be treated as such, if being an elf is so difficult. I have many forms, many shapes, many sizes..."

He listened to Nuncia words echoing the pain of their travels. The pack had suffered many trials along the way. He didn't know what he could do but listen as he saw the Reenian man spoke faster and faster his ramblings barely coherent as the drow studied his face.

“It is possible that human medicine would work on her. But wouldn’t I need to see a doctor for that? Though I would still be able to get something, however I’ve heard rumors of a plague. Perhaps it is the same that she is describing. Though the voice of the town is not reliable, There are at least five different stories as to what is happening. Some say that it is the vengeful spirit of a warrior of decay defeated by a group of heroes. They also say that it is a normal and natural occurrence, some say that it was a ritual summoned by a group like many others in an attempt to get riches. Perhaps it is Orthos deciding to play a prank, but many say that it is a being with powers and appearance that can’t be fully comprehended unless it is seen, and that even then, the beast seems immortal in every sense.

But how to help her? They say that the plague is incurable, but if it was caused by anything not natural it could be countered by killing the source couldn’t it, if it is natural, she is going to die isn’t she? No I must not let another person relying on me die, I have to find the source. Meanwhile we could slow it down or even stop it. If I hunt with them I could carry her when she gets tired wouldn’t I, it wouldn’t be obstructive upon fighting. Yet the royal healers were divided between attempting to return into your normal life or resting for elongated perios of town, but if she grows stronger she could aid in fighting what is causing her illness wouldn’t she, yes perhaps…”

A sigh passed Morgoth's lips as he followed his forest walking sister to the edge of the campfire sitting just beyond its light letting similar thoughts run through his head. The prince felt connected to the other man. Like his chance meeting with Nuncia there was a reason this man was at that bar. He looked at Myrie sitting across the fire the light shimmering in her eyes her gaze focused intently on the fire. He contemplated what they could do and every moment passing was another they didn't have to spare.

I fear that should we wait too long she'll faint and we'll be in a dire position indeed. I appreciate your calm attention to this matter Sebastian.

His eyes glowed against the the dark around him. The prince glaring out of the darkness as he breathed calming his roiling thoughts. The fact still remained he was woefully unprepared for this eventuality. He decide his inexperience wasn't going to limit them here.

We should probably go about consulting a physician of some kind. It's all we can really do at this point the physiology of an elf is not so different from a human as you would suspect. It's honestly more of a cultural barrier than a medical one. The races are often hostile because of their differences not their similarity.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:00 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Ok so I am going to assume that the merry chatting continued late into the night, and in the morning a group of goblins raided the camp and drove everyone off in seperate directions, which for some reason meant that they couldnt reunite to continue any conversations, and that be the end of this rp?

End?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:04 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

2 gold for everybody.