It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:28 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Some suggestions
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:01 am 

I played for about two weeks and i got some suggestions to do.
(Sorry for my english...)

First of all, i don't think that "paralyze" is a good idea. Usually, i do appreciate when the opponent play it as i can discard a useless stuff. On the other hand, It can be a good card if played AFTER the opponent. For instance, my opponent play a lightning and i respond with paralyze blocking it. Or, if the card wasn't shown...

Where is the interest in the feather ?? As when i rise, it leaves me with 20HP... It's exactly the same that the 20HP but it's much more expensive.

There's a too great difference between levels making luck too much important. I know this has been told in other posts, but i think the main problem here is the difference in levels; especially while the poison doesn't remain when level 2.

The "remove curse" card is pretty useless ... as it concerns only the "defence-3" card... and vice versa. The idea of "curse" is good but must be developped to justify the card.

The "multiply*2" card is the most useless card i've ever seen... given that there's only 5 cards in the hand, it can be usefull only if you have a really stronger attack card in hand as "+12" or "+18". And even if you have that luck (and that will be very rare), there's still the possibility of playing the 'parapet' card before the attack... too bad ! Maybe if it was "*3" it can compense for that.

There's also a problem with the counter-strike. From my point of view, the "attack" bonus should be add to the counter-strike damage and the shield should be removed.So, the counter-strike only remain as an ability and not as a value. The point of this is to permit low-point players to continue fighting without having to fear the counter-strike...

thanks for this game which is really fun and (i guess) can be enhanced and have a real future !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:28 am 
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

Quote:
Where is the interest in the feather ?? As when i rise, it leaves me with 20HP... It's exactly the same that the 20HP but it's much more expensive.

without feather: ur enemy is almost dead, but he hits u majorly, and u didnt had time to heal (ouch, dead...)

with feather: ur enemy is almost dead, but he hits u majorly, but since u had the feather, even if he hits u 999999999999999, u will revive with 20hp (yay, now u can finish him, and lv up, thx to the feather)

Quote:
The "remove curse" card is pretty useless ... as it concerns only the "defence-3" card... and vice versa. The idea of "curse" is good but must be developped to justify the card.

dude, its a great way to break apart the enemy defense. if he have like 4 defense, u cused him, and now he only have 1 defense. get ur attack up, and w00t ;) also, if u have no defense, enemy uses curse on u, every hit will be +3 than normal. if he uses multiply with a good card, ull scream in pain ;)

Quote:
The "multiply*2" card is the most useless card i've ever seen... given that there's only 5 cards in the hand, it can be usefull only if you have a really stronger attack card in hand as "+12" or "+18". And even if you have that luck (and that will be very rare), there's still the possibility of playing the 'parapet' card before the attack... too bad ! Maybe if it was "*3" it can compense for that

1 of my fave cards... its great to hit majorly, but ull need to wait to get a good card to u use it, OR a good attack boost, so it does (card+attackboost)*2

Quote:
There's also a problem with the counter-strike. From my point of view, the "attack" bonus should be add to the counter-strike damage and the shield should be removed.So, the counter-strike only remain as an ability and not as a value. The point of this is to permit low-point players to continue fighting without having to fear the counter-strike...

well, how about u use a dispell card? or maybe get a high counter strike too? runes do miracles ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:56 am 

All right with the feather... I didn't see things like that !

I didn't say that the 'defence-3' is a bad card. I just said it comes too seldom in hands compared to the 'remove curse' which leaves me with a completely dead card in hands...

For the multiply it's a question of luck... again. If i give 2 attacks, the boost will be there 2 times also. And if i don't have a good attack (saying more than +9) in hands it will be a dead card.

Most people complains about luck a too important factor in the game... All i say is how to reduce this factor !

EDIT:

And i forgot one thing !

There's also a problem with the 'remove poison'... It's an indispensable card. But as the levels are very easy to pass. They remain useless in hands most of the time... maybe can you leave poison at lvl1 at least to compensate this and reduce the difference between lvls

[Fcpidolo - next time use the edit button plz, instead of double posting]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:50 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

hi

I agree with you on the remove curse, paralyze and remove poison.
Maguas fixed it in survival though (he added secondary abilities to those cards)

I still think multiply is, at least, fun. It allows you to hit for a lot of damage in one hit, which means you get a lot of points for it. Also, it applies counterattack only once (not sure about defence though). As far as power goes it's still better than the low-damage attacks (7 or less), unless they have a special.

I'm not too sure what you mean about counterstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:00 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Well I can agree on the part that it would be needed for MWGTTT but since MWS is out and it has it fixed it has no need in improval and troubling the developers so we can get to play MWO sooner ^^.
I dont really think there should be any removed since than it wouldnt be based on luck but just on hack'n'slash, and than it wouldnt be a card game now wouldnt it?

Cause, baby, you are the greatest! The moves you've got are the latest!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:33 am 
Gamemaster - Admin
Gamemaster - Admin

dertasz I think you are right in most of your thoughts but as biller has said most of them have been fixed yet at MWSurvival version, which is the newer.

I also agree with fcpidolo that multiply is one of the best cards in the game, for some reasons:

1) It's fun and hard (which is good for me) to make an uber hit to your opponent.

2)It's better to have multiply and a big damage card than two big damage cards (whichever), since making two strikes would activate twice your opponent defense and making one big strike would activate them only once, while your modifiers are also doubled.

3)It brings you the possibility to kill or semi-kill your opponent even if he has good modifiers or lots of health points.

Regarding luck in the game I also agree with biller that a card game will always have a luck factor. Nevertheless I'm aware that current luck factor is too high just because the game is also based in a levelling system without deck creation and playing the same deck. All of this will be fixed at--> MWO ;). Anyway MWO will also have a classic gaming mode for those who love to play Maganic Wars as it's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:52 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Im happy to hear that. By the way, you said that you will reduce luck. That will sure make the game better. The luck here exists just because of one reason. Because some cards are very weak, while some other are quite strong. You have reduced luck in MWS by adding more effects to weaker cards. You could keep up and add some small effects (bad effects) to very powerful cards. For example, max rune pow should cost you some hp to use (let's say 10% of your MAX hp), and something like that. Its just a thought.

If you think that curse is useless, maybe the curse should have levels. level 1 def -3, level 2 def -6, and the third level (def -9). level is boosted every time when you use curse on already cursed enemy. But I still think that curse is not useless.

One more thing. Drain rune is also powerful. I use it to "calm" the enemy, every time he powerups. I think that drain rune should only drain 10 (15 would be okay as well), instead of 20.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]