It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:35 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: MAX Rune pow appears too early
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:06 am 

I enjoy Get To The Top, but feel the game could be significantly improved simply by delaying the introduction of the MAX Rune Pow card.

If used in an early round, this card effectively gives
poison immunity, counterattack 3, shield 3 and attack 4, making it by far the best card in the deck (for a few levels, until other big cards start appearing). Sadly, the game usually comes down to which player gets dealt this one card, which spoils the game for me.

If it was kept out of the deck for a few more levels, the effect of it's introduction would be less unbalancing, since other big cards would already be out, and would give a more fun game IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:52 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

iI dont know if maguas will fix it w/ the online version comming out soon, but yeah red and black cards getting dealt to early do ruin the game (especially if your opponets gets max/+20/+15 runes in opening hand for 8/6/5 stats by round 3)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:53 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

My opinon is to add some small negative effects to such strong cards, like max rune pow. For example, you must give some of your hp for using max rune pow etc. I think that will deincerase a luck importance a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:53 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

What the holy anus are you talking about!? How can it be a great game if it's annoying after 30 mins to you?! How is that even possible? Do you want laser jet cars there so it would be interesting, make up your freaking mind!

I do agree on the fact that those cards should be limited. Maybe dealed only twice per game, or something in that way.

Cause, baby, you are the greatest! The moves you've got are the latest!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:05 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

The best way, is to give those uber cards some negative effects (costs). Like i said before.
Imagine that for example, max rune can only be used when enemy's hp is 3 times greater than yours, and you draw that card at the start.
Yeah you got the luck of the draw, but you can't use it.
Giving such (small or big) negative effects to uber cards, would sure improve the gameplay a little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:45 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

lmao. I've been losing in level 2 sometimes, but...... 4 times in a row... well, thats lets just say... funny. Well if you are having bad luck in game, you can consider it as a challenge :wink:. The idea of replacing drain and max rune, could be good, or bad, im not sure.
Well i still think that the thing i said in my last post could work.

PS: Moderator is a sub-admin. He is the one of the forum ruler, so be carefull :lol:.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:36 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

*checks mod excuses*

I had a vision to do that, Kay. @_@

Now yes, it is annoying, but you must be over acting, four times in a row? Besides how hard is it to get to lv2 O.o. It's like *tests* 4 minutes. Also if you play good he can't beat you that easily. If you don't... Well how can you not play good in a card game, just use some tactics <.< or something. <.<

P.S: No, no, he can piss me off, Im not the mod in MW or MWO or MWS <.<, Im the GM in DI that's all. So feel free to throw bricks at biller <.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:14 pm 
Gamemaster - Admin
Gamemaster - Admin

I agree with you Kay, it's clear that total rune power card unbalances the game because it's unlocked too early. It's not the first time that someone suggests to bring it to a higher level. This is already done in future MWO version. Still power of transformation in MWO version will depend on player level/class and won't be essential to win a match.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:10 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Sheesh, the word "irony" fades away, eh?

Anyway, it might be overpowered, but you get too used to it.

(Im away from the PC at home)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:41 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

I COMPLETELY agree with kay, glad Maguas is fixing it. I think max rune is a pretty strong card, is unlocked too early, and can really unbalance the game.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]