It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:48 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:25 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

It doesn't have to be that way.

After 3 turns the "power ups" (runes, status, etc) that you've added to the opponents power (which is yours at the time) will stay and be added to your OWN former status.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:20 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

or it could be that everything just switches (even the power ur enemy gathered), b/c if you're playing against humans (which is the idea behind MWO) they will b aware of that, i mean it mite give you a slightly unfair advantage against the AI but i'm sure maguas could figure out a way to make it only usable in PvP battles or else who cares, it wouldnt b the biggest advantage ever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:27 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Yes, PvP will be all that matters in the future, so things that are hard for the AI to understand is not a valid complaint against an idea.

However, that doesn't mean I like this idea. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I dislike it. It seems like the card, whether it lasts for 3 turns or permanently, will have 3 possible effects.
1: It's incredibly powerful because your opponent is a level or more above you and completely alters the course of the game.
2: It does close to nothing because you're at the same level.
3: It's a terrible card that you would never use because you have more runes than your opponent.

I just think it's stupid to have a card that varies so wildly as to how good it is. I also think it's stupid to have a card that can actually become incredibly harmful to the user.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:51 pm 
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

Quote:
you have 10 rune power
enemy have 20 rune power but in SSJ2
u use the card
enemy now have 10 rune power
and u will only be in SSJ1 (to prevent uber power gaming)
now if u was in SSJ1 and u used that card, u would be in SSJ2.
maybe this could be a substitute for total rune ^^

Yea im quoting my idea again, but looks like it would fix wat ur mentioning ^^ i understand wat u say about that card, but since its a good card, it should be nerfed to the way im saying ^^ just a temp +SSJ stats for 3 turns

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:25 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Actually, I just thought of something. How about a card that gives a large number of runes (say, 50), but also gives you "rune poison," which I say should be about -5 runes per turn. (it is impossible to get rid of the rune poison, it lasts until you have 0 runes)

There could maybe be some disagreement if 50 and -5 are the right values, but I think the idea itself for a card like that is good. What do others think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:53 pm 
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

Um...its a great idea ^^! Like selling ur soul for more temporary power ^^ The card could like
Name: Soul Contract
Sell your soul to devil in order to get [Insert rune power here] rune power. You will also lose [Insert another rune power here] per turn.

I can imagine a lot of strategies with this card, and it would be a great replace for this rune mirror thing ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:23 am 
Gamemaster - Admin
Gamemaster - Admin

iBrow wrote:
Actually, I just thought of something. How about a card that gives a large number of runes (say, 50), but also gives you "rune poison," which I say should be about -5 runes per turn. (it is impossible to get rid of the rune poison, it lasts until you have 0 runes)

There could maybe be some disagreement if 50 and -5 are the right values, but I think the idea itself for a card like that is good. What do others think?

Yep, great idea, I'll think about values but the idea is good. This can be extended to a Health Contract card (fill your health and have permanent -5 poison) or similar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:12 pm 
:twisted: Name: Rune eater :twisted:

Effect: Enemy loses 10 rune per turn for (Not sure) Turns, You lose 5 rune for (The same amount as enemy) Turns. At the end of the (????) turns, you lose 20 rune power

Tell me if something like this was made already, never gotten farther than level 8 or 9.....

Also, This ones good 8)

Name: Chaos seal
Effect: Both players rune power goes to zero for X turns, where X turns is your R power+ enemey's R power

Also, tell me if something like this was made

Post subject: I can't edit sorry for double post
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:23 pm 
Name: Golden blade

Effect: Increase attack by 2. When both golden sword and golden shield are equiped to you, increase Golden blade's bonus to attack to 7.

Other one is

Name: Golden shield

Effect: Increase defense by 2.When both golden sword and golden shield are equiped to you, increase Golden sheild's bonus to defense to 7.

Also, Edit chaosseal to say

Effect: Both players rune power goes to zero for X turns, where X turns is your Power level+ enemey's power level. Rune cards cannot be played during this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:56 pm 
Gamemaster - Admin
Gamemaster - Admin

Golden blade-Golden Shield is a good idea, it could be thought as rare cards. Maybe including some sets of cards that can be powered up by playing all of them is a good idea. Think about a whole set of "Golden Armor", "Heaven's Armor" or similar, with different effects. It could be nice, hard to program too, but very funny.

Rune Eater and Chaos Seal are good ones too, at least the effect hadn't been suggested, well done.

By the way, you may consider registering into the forum (up right).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:33 pm 
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

that golden set is a great idea ^^ an idea i have about it:

golden shield and sword can only be earned after lv something and:

u can only earn that set in tournaments or
its pretty expensive (duh its gold)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:27 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

I am registered. Me that guy named andrew!!!!!!!

Here is all my card ideas again.

-----------------------------------------------

:twisted: Name: Rune eater :twisted:

Effect: Enemy loses 10 rune per turn for (Not sure) Turns, You lose 5 rune for (The same amount as enemy) Turns. At the end of the (????) turns, you lose 20 rune power

Effect: Both players rune power goes to zero for X turns, where X turns is your Power level+ enemey's power level. Rune cards cannot be played during this time.

Effect: Increase attack by 2. When golden sword, Barbed golden armor, and golden shield are all equipped to you, increase Golden Blade's bonus to Attack to 5.

Effect: Increase defense by 2. When golden sword, Barbed golden armor, and golden shield are all equipped to you, increase Golden shield's bonus to defense to 5.

Added:

Name: Barbed golden armor

Effect: Increase counter-attack by 2.When golden sword, Barbed golden armor, and golden shield are all equipped to you, increase Barbed golden armor's bonus to Counter attack to 5.

All gold items can only be gained if your above lv50 (Assuming thats high for the new magniac wars game) And you have fufiled certain conditions set by the creator of the game. These Golden cards cannot be sold or traded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:24 am 
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

barbed golden armor Oo? if its a golden armor, it should be heavy, so ur slow counter attacking. Maybe the counter attack option stat could be changed to a 'golden helmet' or a (i picked the name since its lovely :P) 'Winged Golden Helm' (i think its spelled this way). This helm would help u seeing the enemy better, and actually helps u developing a 'spider sense'. U dont avoid the hit, but u counter attack. The Barbed golden armor stats could be changed to + def item or maybe resistance to poison? (when all golden set is together, the armor nullifies any poison contact with u ). And then, Golden Plate Legs! This would boost ur chi velocity! And golden shoes could....uh im out of ideas <.<

i think lv 50 is way to high. dunno how the lvs and exp system will work, but i think it wont be that fast to lv (and i wish so!) ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:57 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

:mrgreen: Here is All of it edited and hopfely Complete. :mrgreen:

Name: Rune eater

Effect: Enemy loses 10 rune per turn for 5 Turns, You lose 5 rune for 5 Turns. At the end of the 5 turns, you lose 20 rune power

Effect: Both players rune power goes to zero for X turns, where
X turns is your Power level+ enemey's power level. Rune cards
cannot be played during this time.

:Golden Set:

Effect: Increase attack by 2. With two gold items,
this bonus becomes 4.With three or four, the bonus becomes 7. With all five, The Bonus becomes 10.

Effect: Increase defense by 2. With two gold items,
this bonus becomes 4.With three or four, the bonus becomes 7. With all five, The Bonus becomes 10.

Name: Enchanted golden armor

Effect: Poison and curse effects do not affect you. However, If you poison or curse your self,Like with the health contract card, they still work.

Name: Winged Golden helm

Effect: Increase counter strike by 2.With two gold items,

Name: Golden Plate Legs

Effect: Boosts your Chi Velocity by (Don't know enough about Chi velocity
To make good number).

All gold items can only be gained if your above lv15 And you have fufiled certain conditions set by the creator of the game. These Golden cards cannot be sold or traded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:23 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

First off, for Maguas: funny mean humorous [chistoso, c?mico], not fun.
fcpidolo: I don't know if you realize, but if something is barbed, it means it has little spikes or hooks sticking out of it, so it actually makes sense for something that's barbed to add to counterstrike.

As for the suggested items themselves: Both your rune cards seem to be designed for creating a "runeless deck" where you wouldn't try to rune yourself up, you'd just try to keep both players at zero runes. I like them because I like the idea of having decks with different strategies.

As for the golden armor set, I won't discuss specifics, but I think the idea of having cards that work together. It would make it so you could have a deck based on cards like that, and as I said, I like the idea of there being multiple valid styles of deck.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next