It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:54 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shop bug and drain card annoyance
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:11 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Shop bug: If you have 1400 gp, you can't buy the 1400 gp item :(. Minor I know but thought you might like to know.

Drain cards: I find it annoying that when you drain an ennemy to death, you don't get the healing before winning. I don't know how points are counted but I always feel a bit ripped off :(. I guess it's not too big, but whatever. Might not be a bug and just how the game is I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:25 pm 
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

http://www.maganicwars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=111

scroll a little down. maguas wrote a pretty cool tutorial teaching how the score system works ^^ theres nothing about healing, so i guess u dont get any points if u heal urself, it will just count as another card used

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:46 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Yeah, I've noticed that drain thing also... it can cost you a lot of points. Such as, if your opponent is just about dead, and you have just about full health. If you use a drain card to kill him, and the health came into you after he died, the full health bonus would be 300 points or greater.

It really doesn't make sense, when you think about it, that you don't get the health. If drain cards are supposed to be you draining the life out of your enemy into yourself, you would still get the healthing, whether they die or not.

Of course, on a related topic, drain cards already have the huge bug that instead of draining the amount of damage you actually do to the enemy into you, it heals a set amount of life regardless of damage done. That makes no sense at all. I sent Maguas an email about this before these forums came up and he told me that it would be fixed in MWO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:02 pm 
thanks for the quick reply.

I'm confused... you say there's nothing about healing, but in there it says that there are points for life remaining, which is what healing does?
unless I misread the thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:01 pm 
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

the only way that ur hp counts is that ur with full HP, and the points taken away from the dmg u have received. unless im mistaken and the score depends of how much hp u have <.< i have to read it again ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:42 am 
Gamemaster - Admin
Gamemaster - Admin

iBrow wrote:
Yeah, I've noticed that drain thing also... it can cost you a lot of points. Such as, if your opponent is just about dead, and you have just about full health. If you use a drain card to kill him, and the health came into you after he died, the full health bonus would be 300 points or greater.

It really doesn't make sense, when you think about it, that you don't get the health. If drain cards are supposed to be you draining the life out of your enemy into yourself, you would still get the healthing, whether they die or not.

Of course, on a related topic, drain cards already have the huge bug that instead of draining the amount of damage you actually do to the enemy into you, it heals a set amount of life regardless of damage done. That makes no sense at all. I sent Maguas an email about this before these forums came up and he told me that it would be fixed in MWO.

That's right.

Do you think it should heal yourself after your opponent dies? It's logical, but it will make too easy to have a perfect life, don't you think so?

About draining the amount of damage you do to the enemy, think about a situation where you have really good modifiers and a Drain card. You can perfectly do a 50 or more damage hit so you also receive 50 health points???!!!! that way draining cards would be too powerful. Maybe it's not possible to do it that way. If you think about it, most of the games that include this type of effect, use it as a % of opponent life (i.e. drain 3% opp HPs), maybe that's the solution, but it wouldn't depend on your modifiers...A limit can also be set, but again it wouldn't have any logical sense.

Well I think the best solution is to split effects. I mean a draining card should be:

Physical damage 7 (which would depend on modifiers given by cards, items and passive abilities)
Drain 3% HPs (which will depend on more specific modifiers given by draining items or passive abilities (necromancer))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:11 pm 
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

thats a great idea! so it will not depend of the stats at all! that brings more ideas, like a draining % for draining rune also! and also, there could be equipement that boosts the draining % (ex: golden shoes of draining +2% - this will add + 2% to ur draining rate but also it will affect u if the enemy attacks u! 'useful equipement for people that loves to....drain xD) and also some equipement that lowers the % u get drained (ex: light hat of draining -3% - this will take -3% of enemy draining rate, and also it will take if u attack! 'useful for people that hate drain cards) :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]