It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 9:12 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Blocked damage
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:41 pm 

I don't guess this is really a bug, but it's been bothering me since I started playing this game and just want to voice a complaint.

Why, oh why, does this game randomly decide that the damage I should be dealing should just go away? It seems rather rendundant (and dare I say, stupid) in a game of chance to have a second level of randomness.

Example:

In the game I just played, I was down 20 to 7. I threw enough cards to counter my opponent's damage resistance so that my Lightning++ would deal 20 damage. I threw the card and...*poof* it does nothing. The game just decided to let my opponent live. No reason given, he just randomly got saved and was able to throw a card to deal me 9 damage and win.

Another time I played the same carding as my opening play. It should have dealt 18 damage and given me a significant lead. But noooo, the game eats the card and gives me nothing.

If there is a mechanism in the game--a dice roll, perhaps--which determines this miraculous avoidance of damage, show it. But when you make a game that is built around luck of the draw and strategies based on that draw, you should NEVER just arbitrarily cause the player to waste cards. It seriously detracts from the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:01 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Actually there is a reason why your attack was blocked. You know the Minion Card right? It has a Parapet written under it. Parapet means that user of that card will be able to block the next attack of his opponent.
Blocking in the game isnt the random thing at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:58 pm 

Ahh. I had wondered what that meant. It's not explained at all in the game.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]