Inventory: Artemis, Will of the Lightning God, Quilted Pants and Cloak
Gold: -3
Pet: Owl (Levitas)
Spells List: Bolt Touch, Mach Gust, Air Burst, Zephyr Cloak
Skills List: Electical Barrier, Lightning Speed, Dead Weight

----------

Noteworthy:
Quote:
As mages are more physically fit, it's understandable that they are naturally better fighters. They can learn to use weapons pretty easily and can fight toe-to-toe with almost any agility class.

Infineon is a Standard spellcaster, (2 stress reduction per 4 posts)

----------

Custom Weapons/Armour:

Artemis: Infineon's service to Zoltan as his avatar has not been overlooked, and upon completion of Infineon's first vow (the unification of the Order of Zoltan) he was presented with Artemis, the Will of the Lightning God, signifying Infineon's position as Zoltan’s current prophet and solidifying his position as head of the Order. Artemis takes the form of a flawless Iron blade held atop an oak staff, both of which are engraved with a lattice of hexagrammic wards of power. Running through centre of the staff is a thin rod of enchanted metal, which is connected to the outside by various copper rings near the base of the staff and also near the cross guard of the blade. This means that spells can be cast through the weapon itself if the caster’s hand is in contact with one of these rings, using the enchanted rod as a conduit. Casting spells in this way will cause the blade to change temperature accordingly (i.e. a heat or lightning spell will cause the blade to heat up and glow cherry red for a short time, and vice versa for ice spells), and so for this reason, all parts of Artemis are highly resistant to all forms of passive temperature, such as the heat or cold emanating from the blade or from the spells cast through the blade; however, direct application of flames or active frost damage will still be able to do damage to the weapon practically as normal. Finally, attached to the staff of the weapon is a set of blessed scripture, which has written on it the tenets of the faith of Zoltan as spoken by the previous prophets; these strips of parchment have been blessed by Zoltan himself. The scripture is ethereal and thus immune to all physical and magical damage, but at the same time they are unable to physically affect anything, and serve no purpose in combat.

-----------

Biography: Infineon was born into a High Elf family who lived on the edge of the Cold-fire forest in the High North. He showed from an early age a very strong power over the winds, but an even stronger control over lightning. This first came to light when he protected himself from wolves in a forest clearing at the age of three. As the wolves closed in on Infineon, a huge wave of electric force exploded out of him, completely paralysing the wolves but using so much energy that it put him into a coma from which he emerged three days later. As it soon became clear that he had a very powerful connection with wind and lightning he was trained in the ways of the elemental mage and was given a large tattoo of a thunderbolt on his back. It also became apparent that, even though he was short for a High Elf, he was absurdly heavy; and as this was completely inexplicable it was reasoned that he had ‘big bones.’ All was well until his seventh year as a trainee when his parents’ love changed focus to their newborn son Triploom. In their opinion Triploom was a far worthier son than Infineon because he was completely normal in every possible way. By the age of three Triploom was taller than his brother by a fair amount, so Infineon was pushed further and further from the limelight until finally he lost his mind. On his fifteenth birthday he was possessed by an anger he couldn’t control, so that night he picked up his travelling gear, before killing his brother and fleeing into the forest.

As he ran through the forest away from his pursuers Infineon realised what he had done; he had committed a crime to which there was no possible pardon, and for that he would be hunted like an animal for the rest of his life. From that moment on he swore himself into a life of penance, to serve his god in repentance of his sins. He found a cave where he bedded down for the night, resolved to live his life there as a hermit of the wilds; however, that very morning he awoke to find himself staring into the face of another High Elf. He started backwards and launched burst of power at the stranger, but the stranger simply absorbed the hit and replied in kind, stunning Infineon with an immense surge of power. When he returned to his senses, Infineon realized who the old man was; the elf was his grandfather, who had been exiled into the wilderness soon after Infineon's birth. He quickly became friends with the old man and persuaded him to continue Infineon's training, so that he would be able to protect himself from any search parties who might find him. Under his master's tutelage, Infineon quickly became proficient at all forms of close-combat fighting, especially fighting with spears and staffs. He also continued to expand his arsenal of spells, and became more proficient in focusing his energy to potent effect. Along with all of this, Infineon was initiated fully into the service of Zoltan by his grandfather, and began to devote himself fully to the path taught by the secluded monks of that order.

However, this quiet time in Infineon's life could only last for so long, and he was destined for higher things than the life of a hermit. Infineon's life changed forever when his mentor was slain in an ambush laid by High Elf hunters in an effort to kill them both. Infineon survived the initial attack, and at the sight of his friend and mentor laid low, unleashed power from a reserve he did not know he had; the attack completely destroying a massive circle of forest, and killing his assailants instantly. After that Infineon went further into hiding, retreating to the deep wilds of the forest, where few dared to tread. In his travels he befriended an owl, who Infineon felt had a special connection to his God, and so he named her Levitas. With Levitas at his side Infineon trained for fifty more years in the forest, meditating and training himself to fight, so that he might avenge his grandfather in the name of Zoltan. Eventually he emerged from the forest a changed person; entering the forest as an unbalanced madman, but now caring of nothing but bringing faith and justice in the name of his god. And so Infineon ventured into the world, spreading the true word of his God, and gathering a following from the faithful servants of the remaining cults of Zoltan; combining the fragmented religion under one sect, and drawing it's followers together. And all this time Infineon's God watched from on high, content with the way his scion had grown into his legacy.

Tavern Story: Infineon's Story

----------

Physical Description:
--Height: 5 foot 5”
--Weight: 20 stone
--Eyes: Electric Blue
--Hair: Black and frizzled
--Skin: White with a light tan
--Special Markings: A tattoo of a lightning bolt on his back symbolizing his initiation into the order of the Lightning God
--Special Traits: Strongly devout, and obviously so. The power of Infineon's words and the strength of his conviction has gained his following many supporters.
--Dress: Plain Quilted pants and civilian hiking clothes; Black and silver cloak, emblazoned with the symbol of his order and Artemis, carried either across the back or as a walking stick, depending on the terrain.

Image: http://imgur.com/9QvKJ

----------

Spells Description:
Bolt Touch: Upon touching an opponent, Infineon can let loose a mild wave of electric energy from his hands. It causes moderate pain that worsens when wet. With success, it will leave the target with a mild tingling sensation. [M] x2

Mach Gust: Infineon fires a stream of wind that travels at a very fast speed toward their opponent. While low in damage (about that of a mild punch), this spell can be used several times.[W]4x

Air Burst: Upon touching an opponent, Infineon may release a strong gust of wind from the palms of his hands. The spell, itself, deals virtually no damage, but it throws the opponent back several feet... which upon landing might cause a problem.[W]x2

Zephyr Cloak: By enchanting himselfself with the power of wind, Infineon can increase his movement speed. This effect lasts for 3 posts. [Wind, Weak/Medium/Magic] 1x per battle

Skills Description:
Electrically Attuned: Infineon has such a close affiliation with his god that he can weather electric attacks in his stride, taking slightly less damage than usual. [W]

Lightning Speed: As Infineon has the blessings of the lightning god, his running speed is vastly increased. Infineon can now move very, very fast, the downside of this is that when he is running his momentum makes it very difficult to evade attacks; however, it does not prevent him from turning predicable corners and the like. For purely aesthetic effect, Infineon trails a faint electric blue wake behind him when running at high speeds.[M]

Dead Weight: for his height, Infineon is very, very heavy, added to his close proximity to the ground means that it is difficult to knock him backwards or displace him when he is braced in a position. [W]

Milestone Progress: 9 points

Racial Advantages and Disadvatages, High Elf.

Disadvantages:
--Frail: High Elves are more frail than others. Their slim and lanky nature doesn't permit much in the ways of natural armor.
--Weakness: High Elves spend quite a number of hours studying each day. They're not as strong as other races.

Advantages:
--Magical Lifeblood: Their magical nature gives High Elves a slight resistance to magic.
--Quickened Mind: A High Elves natural intelligence allows them to think faster and, thus, react more quickly.

----------

Unclaimed Rewards: 1 Weak

----------

--Battle Records--

TB passed, 'nuff said.

Wins:
Ties: Honourable Combat at Dawn
Losses: A Seaside Encounter, A clearing in the forest
Ended by Agreement: One Stormy Night, Honourable Combat at Dawn

Battle Listing: Lord Sawsaw2 Training Battle (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13681) vs. Grad (Passed)
A Seaside Encounter (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13702) Michael vs. Saw vs. TSW (Finished)
A Clearing in the Forest (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13800) vs. vonTelsa (DNF)
One Stormy Night (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20224) vs. Azazel vs. B Dark (DNF)
Honourable Combat at Dawn (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=23626) vs. NTW (DNF)
A skirmish at the beginning of Fall (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24948) vs. Azazel (In progress)

Training Battles:
Sebsman (Claimed (w), passed)
JuliodIE (Claimed (w), passed)
NavySeer (Claimed (w), passed)

RP List:
New Faces (viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22116) with TeqMo and Azazel (DNF)
The Queen, The Priest and The Lost Child (viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25066) with TeqMo (In progress)

"Little solace comes to those who grieve/When thoughts keep drifting, when walls keep shifting/And this great blue world of ours seems like a house of leaves/Moments before the wind." ~House of Leaves

Last edited by Lord Sawsaw2 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 39 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Infineon the Fast
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:21 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Approved
In case of injury, break glass to "saw-saw" off your broken appendage

Post subject: Re: Infineon the Fast
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:21 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

+4 gold from a seaside encounter, gold count now -7
+3 from Foundations for no real reason, GC now -4
+1 from OSO for helping with the Mage class, GC now -3
+4 as a Christmas Prezzie in 2010! Out of Debt now! GC now 1
+5 as a Christmas Prezzie in 2011! 6 Gold remain.
+3 for selling my Quarterstaff (I'll miss you, my faithful companion! =( ) 9 Gold remain.
+6 loan from bank to buy Artemis. -9 Gold (Awww, back into debt)
+3 from Honourable Combat at Dawn. -6 Gold remain
+3 from the Boxing Month Debt Reduction. -3 remains

"Little solace comes to those who grieve/When thoughts keep drifting, when walls keep shifting/And this great blue world of ours seems like a house of leaves/Moments before the wind." ~House of Leaves

Last edited by Lord Sawsaw2 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:10 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Infineon, Avatar of the Winds
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:16 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Used 1 weak on Zephyr Cloak, Infineon now moves WAY TOO FAST in a straight line...
Claimed 1 weak for completing 3 Training Battles, unused as yet

Last edited by Lord Sawsaw2 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Infineon, Avatar of the Lightning God
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:23 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Updated the profile, purely RP stuff though

First off, I rewrote great swathes of the Bio, because some of it just plain didn't make sense;
Secondly, I retroactively changed the name of the owl to Levitas;
Thirdly I updated the 'appearance' section to more accurately represent the character I envision, and hence Infineon is about 5 inches taller now...
The fourth thing I changed is that Infineon is now 107 *woo*
And lastly I changed the look and description of my items.

That's all for now, and actual updates should be forthcoming!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:16 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Sold Quarterstaff, and purchased a new custom weapon. Description below. This purchase puts me back at -9 gold.
-----------
Artemis: Infineon's service to Zoltan as his avatar has not been overlooked, and upon completion of Infineon's first vow (the unification of the Order of Zoltan) he was presented with Artemis, the Will of the Lightning God, signifying Infineon's position as Zoltan’s current prophet and solidifying his position as head of the Order. Artemis takes the form of a flawless Iron blade held atop an oak staff, both of which are engraved with a lattice of hexagrammic wards of power. In the running through centre of the staff is a thin rod of enchanted metal, which is connected to the outside by various copper rings near the base of the staff and also near the cross guard of the blade. This means that spells can be cast through the weapon itself if the caster’s hand is in contact with one of these rings, using the enchanted rod as a conduit. Casting spells in this way will cause the blade to change temperature accordingly (i.e. a heat or lightning spell will cause the blade to heat up and glow cherry red for a short time, and vice versa for ice spells), and so for this reason, all parts of Artemis are highly resistant to all forms of passive temperature, such as the heat or cold emanating from the blade or from the spells cast through the blade; however, direct application of flames or active frost damage will still be able to do damage to the weapon practically as normal. Finally, attached to the staff of the weapon is a set of blessed scripture, which has written on it the tenets of the faith of Zoltan as spoken by the previous prophets; these strips of parchment have been blessed by Zoltan himself, and are ethereal and hence immune to all physical and magical damage, but at the same time they are unable to physically affect anything, and serve no purpose in combat.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:11 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Character update: I commissioned a friend of mine to draw Infineon (and future Levitas), and the result can be seen just under the character physical description. I am positively ecstatic about how it has turned out, well worth what I paid for it :)

Your regular viewing can now resume.