It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Paranoia thread?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:22 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Because of a combination of Nuncia's work and my inability to get a hold of Wolf or NTW, we'll likely be going with Saturday. However, if I can't get some contact with Wolf or NTW soon...it might be just not going at all...

*sadface*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:28 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

theDINGbat wrote:
Because of a combination of Nuncia's work and my inability to get a hold of Wolf or NTW, we'll likely be going with Saturday. However, if I can't get some contact with Wolf or NTW soon...it might be just not going at all...

*sadface*

-sadface-

We can always reschedule it for when we can get ahold of everyone, if thats the case. We've been (relatively) patient thus far, Im sure we can keep up the patience XD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:05 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

...Why don't you try texting me, dorkface? :P

I believe we can do early saturday.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:06 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Dorkface has responded to this message by other means.

Assuming things actually work out - this is the time.

It's "early" mostly because it's Saturday.

Hopefully, this isn't too short of notice.

(Using a new computer, so might have a few issues getting started - please be patient!)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:33 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

theDINGbat wrote:
Dorkface has responded to this message by other means.

Assuming things actually work out - this is the time.

It's "early" mostly because it's Saturday.

Hopefully, this isn't too short of notice.

(Using a new computer, so might have a few issues getting started - please be patient!)

Sounds good to me! Ill be on then!
I may have some small difficulties with my lappy though, given that I am accustomed to Windows for Paranoia, but this beast is a Ubuntu.... so I have to fiddle with a few things to get it to work.

If anyone can give me a clue on what to run the .jar with that will make the program run on Lucid 10.04, that would be awesome! If not, then I take over my bf's compy and do it that way XD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:38 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

As far as I know, the Paranoia client needs a Java Runtime Environment to work.

Therefore, taking to Google yielded this result:

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-install-sun-java-runtime-environment-jre-in-ubuntu-10-04-lucid-lynx.html

Not sure what that means...but hopefully that works!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:57 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

theDINGbat wrote:
As far as I know, the Paranoia client needs a Java Runtime Environment to work.

Therefore, taking to Google yielded this result:

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-install-sun-java-runtime-environment-jre-in-ubuntu-10-04-lucid-lynx.html

Not sure what that means...but hopefully that works!

Easy stuff, just a set of terminal coding to implement the data streams to activate Sun Java, and then I know what to do from there... i just wasnt sure if I could run it using the JD Java, or the Sun Java, or even the Wine applications....

But I figured it out, with your help! Thanks!

-mutters about executive files permissions and data conversions through multilayer OS drives while clicking away-

For those that care, this is how I managed it. Ubuntu is a pain in the arse on a good day if you have no idea how to make it work. Easiest way to get a Windows application to run? Wine. Just set up the executive permissions through properties of the file you want, dont forget to extract the files from the .zip, and set the open with to Wine Program Loader. From there, it realises you need Java environment for windows, and so if you have managed to find the lengthy coding for that (or some angelic being of awesome came from a basement and did it for you) than it should automatically figure it out, and do it, with the help of the Wine program Running said java programs. Possible semi terminal glitches, depending on what series of Java your using, but I have like 6, so its ok! If it crashes, resort to spamming Ubuntu forums until someone gives better details, or just gives you the coding for the whole procedure!

Seriously though. Before Lucid, I had no idea how many programs did the exact same thing on a computer. And how much I took for granted Word Pad from windows.... Now I have sticky notes!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:52 am 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Wine is a god-sent that makes ubuntu a manageable OS as well as my personal play ground i could have given your my personalized code links I'm currently working on two new programing languages at school i hate senior year. (I might have to feed some of you your first born clones this session.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:08 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Azazel wrote:
Wine is a god-sent that makes ubuntu a manageable OS as well as my personal play ground i could have given your my personalized code links I'm currently working on two new programing languages at school i hate senior year. (I might have to feed some of you your first born clones this session.)

Im slowly getting the hang of coding, but buddy of mine says I should honestly take college courses in it, since Im already doing accounting and flying through it easy as breathing... So if you wanna run a few by me via pm, Id be cool with that XD

((Id love to see you try, my friend. I may be disfigured from a road accident, but it doesnt mean Im easy pickings! Plus, ya know that if ya accuse someone wrongfully, you get the punishment instead right? So just watch out! XD))

Watching to many American programs, my damn southern yank accent is kicking in bad, even in my writing! DX
*must purge self of southern accent!!!*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:13 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

I'm, actually not available with the current event time untimely trip to my grand mothers (no computer) :(.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:31 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Well, dang...

Guess that's it then? Sorry folks...

We'll have to give it another shot later (also give me time to do better work).

I'm OK playing down one player (jodai), but two is a bit much.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:42 pm 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Whats the IP? Sorry Im late, slept in....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:38 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

It was cancelled due to Az. But that meant I got to sleep in, so I was happy ;). My silly girlfriend wasn't though... unsure why... <.<

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:08 pm 
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

Sorry, boys, girls and wolf. I've better knowledge of the events of the following weekends.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:39 am 
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Just so you won't be looking for a last minute announcement, there won't be a game this weekend.

There might be one next weekend, though. *fingers crossed*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next