It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:00 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Finding a Rival Between a Plain and a Forest (vs JuliodlE)
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:03 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

I hope you don’t mind being tasked with finding a reason for our characters to fight, though I’ve done my best in giving you many alternatives.
---
A somewhat limited amount of sunshine spread through the plains during an otherwise gloomy day. Even though it was mostly obscured by clouds, the gentle light of day wouldn’t stop itself from filtering; it was the perfect light for an unsuspecting thief to be caught red-handed. The situation as Sebastián witnessed would be such for the person that two angry villagers were following around, the man had a large sack of what appeared to be different types of vegetables carrying, but it was slowing him down just enough for the villagers to reach him.

Sebastián saw this state of affairs, and as the valiantly misguided knight that he was, he decided to help the thief. Hastily, he prepared his fighting claws for combat, the first was effortlessly placed on his hand, the second however required a slightly greater effort, since he had chosen to live, poking himself with one of the blades that his weapon had wasn’t on the top of his priorities.

Though uncomfortable, the process took only slightly more than five seconds, not enough to hinder his preparations, with his fake smile set, he placed himself between the man and his assailants; he didn’t even bother to take an attack stance.

“Might I persuade you to stop yourselves from causing harm to this man?”

The righteousness with which he spoke would have convinced almost anyone that he was doing the right thing; at least it was enough to convince himself. Were his reasons not to simply protect those that are being attacked, there would probably be a slight blaze of wind that caressed his hair in an epic manner just to emphasize. Nevertheless seeing that they were, no such wind encountered them.

His imposing size and the muscles that were visible even if only at a small distance were enough to scare most away. Added to that was the fact that he held powerful weapons within his hands, and his fake smile, which seemed more intimidating than reassuring, and the villagers could only attempt to flee, rather effectively since he wouldn’t chase them.

He turned around; the man that he was protecting had long since gone away from the place. The forest that was just a few meters away from the rather uneventful plains allowed him to do so. Sebastián unknowingly stopped a yawn from coming out by breathing deeply through his nose, his royal heritage still had some influence on him after all.

Post subject: Re: Finding a Rival Between a Plain and a Forest (vs JuliodlE)
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:12 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Interesting setting, I might say.
Well, I've killed in cold blood the man you've just protected. Hope that's enough. Though I can make a greater effort if needed. ;)

-----------------
He walked… long enough to forget he was looking for something. It was mechanical, unwilling: like a mill spinning, what else could it do?
He was so absent minded that he failed to notice the clouds gathering in the sky. The hour was late, but the search for a place to rest had been suspended by his distraction.
Pity… Should he have found shelter sooner, he would have avoided the coincidence. Or was it not that fortuitous? He could have postponed it, at least.
But one day or another, is all the same…

Right before reaching the boundaries of the forest, the plain opened its beauty for his eyes to feast upon a massive extension of dark grass -darkened by the dimming light of the day- which still received a few sporadic bright rays of the sun.
He took a deep breath, hoping to deliver himself from the sour grief that had been accompanying him for the whole trip.
When he lowered his chin and opened his eyes he found himself in front of a scrappy looking man. He was carrying a fat sack of goods with noticeable fatigue. They both froze at the surprising encounter.
On a second look, the warrior noticed that the other man wasn’t just wandering the woods. His position –though static- was more of a thief getting away with a puny loot.

“Good day", he murmured as he passed by. Any punishable action, that a petty rascal could perpetrate, was not significant to him.
But a few steps closer to the plain, he heard a reply.
“Kitzaron… ain’t that right?”
The warrior stopped and threw a glance over his shoulder.
“Ain’t that you… KITZARON?”, modulating perfectly.
“No, you must have me confused”, as the name meant nothing to him.
But the thief insisted, “And what of Gomonder and Balk? Don’t they ring a bell, old chap?”
Old chap? He wondered if he knew the man.
“Well…- yeah…- of course they…- what do you know of them?” The warrior stuttered in shock.
“Don’t you want to return to Agafna?”
The amazement was full and quite suffocating. She was his wife; of course he wanted to return to her, if only was possible.
“Is there anything that can be done?”, he asked with the thrill of excitement.
“There always is…” the thief mumbled in a hissing low voice as he started to approach with a sudden lively pace.
“Wait a second. What are you doing?” the warrior tried to make him stop but the man extracted a knife from under his rags. “Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill…” he started repeating with an unwilling nuance in the voice. His eyes were irritated and a drop of blood was rolling down his nostril.
Immediately, for there was no time for reasoning, he grabbed the handle of his tachi, in an intent of threatening him.

Before he could do something about it, the bade penetrated his body right below his breastbone but that wouldn’t stop it at all: they both fell over the warrior’s back, so he pushed hard off him, with both hands on the handle, and finally kick the dead man away, making his body roll down, outside of the last trees of the forest.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:48 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Don’t worry about it, the way you made it works perfectly.
-------

As it stood, Sebastián wouldn’t be able to follow the villagers towards their town, since they would immediately notice him. Instead, he would take a moment to contemplate his options, perhaps going north, as a small town lied just half a day ahead from what he had heard. Or maybe he’d just take a moment of his time to make a fireplace by the forest, with wild animals and berries as reliable sources of food. The berserker wouldn’t be bothered in the slightest bit by such a circumstance.

That was what he thought he’d do in any case, but the excited murmur that came from the forest piqued his attention, at least enough for him to investigate what exactly was the source of the noise. He walked towards it, The blades of grass flattened themselves as he walked by them. They wouldn’t pose a problem unless he decided to go barefooted.

Just a moment before he had managed to go inside the sea of trees, the body of the man he had just protected rolled towards his feet. He observed the man, his fake smile unwavering as ever. The body was stopped by a rigor that was particularly familiar to the observing warrior. The face of the man was still vividly colored; it would take a few minutes for it to turn white. The last expression made by the face denoted a definite realization of his fate, he had been aware for enough time to realize that there was nothing he could do to stop himself from dying.

Sebastián did not pay any attention to the fact that a man had just died, as such things had become commonplace for him since long before that moment. The only thing for which he actually cared would be to understand why the man had faced demise. It was a need for him to learn about the reason, first and most importantly because the man had appeared rolling right from the direction towards which the imposing berserker had planned on going, knowing of any dangers that he may face beforehand would be quite beneficial. The other reason would only apply if the death had been caused by hands of another creature of rational thought, if such was the case, he’d have to punish the person simply because that’s what he did, punish those who he saw attacking first.

He walked into the woods; a man lied on the ground innocently. Yet the presence of a bloodstained Tachi proved that the man in question had been the perpetrator of the crime. Sebastián took a moment to adjust his stance; he raised both of his fighting claws to the height of his face, in order to protect himself from any effort that his opponent made to counter-attack. This would also serve the purpose of alerting the man before him of an imminent battle.

Sebastián would not be able to attack before his opponent prepared himself, or rather wouldn’t have thought of it. Even after all the events that had happened during his life, he was still a prince, he had been taught combat ethics. He would allow his opponent time to be on equal grounds to him regardless of the situation, that way the victor would be only the most skilled.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:05 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Lying on his back and arms opened, the man stood quite still for a few seconds. Right then, he heard steps behind. It wouldn’t have been much of a greater surprise to find someone else or even discover that the dead thief was again on his feet.
Not without complaining in an indistinguishable gibberish, he stepped up and faced towards the plains.
It was another man, much bigger. Maybe taller than himself, which already was odd enough considering the last –the only- two people he had met up to then.
That reminded him of the hooded figure that attacked him a day –or so- ago by claiming to be his trainer. “Funny old world” he thought “where skinny little men, just like elves, carried halberds, and massive warriors wear nails and dog-claws attached to their gloves”.

His hair was shaggy and he was dressed in a simple manner, but his expression nonetheless, was heroic. Maybe sad-eyed, but with a funny looking bright smile.

The arm carrying the sword stretched in the giant’s direction, pointing at him with tip of the blade, asking to keep the distance, as he recovered his breath. Then he searched the surroundings just in case the warrior wasn’t alone, but he’d appeared to be.
Finally, he checked on his left elbow to find a little hole in his coat, but a big stain of blood. “Such a small scratch on the fabric hides a considerable wound” he said to himself as feeling the joint a bit swollen.
“It WAS real (the training battle)… either that or I’m still dreaming”. In any case, he knew the situation needed to be controlled.

“And you are…?” he asked as nicely as he could fake, with his eyes fixed upon the fighter. A drop of blood leaked from the blade, which was steady as a mountain, there: parallel to the ground.
“Do you know me by any name? Kitzaron, perhaps? Were you sent for? Answer!”
The thrill made him respond with haste and a certain rage, but he didn’t mean to, so he lowered the sword and rubbed his eyes with his free hand’s thumb and finger, as he tried to amend himself:
“Look lad, I have no quarrel with you. So if you appreciate your life, take a walk in the plains, would you?”

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:23 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

The berserker made a point in observing the man that lied on the ground as he stood up. The man was clearly older than Sebastián, but he still carried a sword, perhaps for protection, perhaps for battle. As the person in front of him stood up, the sad knight made a point in easing his stance. The arms were still on the same position; however, they lacked their original tension.

The reason for his slight change wasn’t that he had decided to avoid fighting. Instead, it meant that he would be taking the fight seriously. Unnecessarily stressing his muscles would have been pointless, aside from slowing him down considerably, it’d lower his endurance, and he had much better agility as he stood. Therefore, it was natural for him to discard the initial, purposefully threatening, appearance.

His opponent finally was up, and he pointed his Tachi straightly against Sebastián, was his opponent accepting the invitation for a duel he had made? The words spoken contradicted themselves. After an initially angry, almost wrathful question, the man, who identified himself as Kitzaron made a statement that showed the confidence the older man had upon himself.

Nevertheless, the younger combatant stood his ground with his unrelenting smile apparent. The man had manners of someone experienced in combat, something that the Berserker could appreciate, or at least thank in kind even while it was close to impossible for him to feel anything that wasn’t sadness.

“I am Sebastián, former prince of the fallen Reenah. As for your other question, no, I don’t know anyone by the name of Kitzaron, nor do I have any ulterior motive to fight you aside from the fact that it is part of my only current objective.”

He readied himself, as it seemed that his opponent wouldn’t fight unless forced to through combat. His front foot planted itself firmly upon the earth below him in order to begin his sprint. Mud covered his shoes quickly; Sebastián knew that the rest of his clothing would go through the same process if Kitzaron proved skilled enough.

His attack was not one aimed to kill, or even directly damage his opponent; rather, it was to make it clear that they would fight regardless of the situation. He moved his left fighting claws towards the lower part of his opponent’s Tachi in a shoveling motion while speaking once more.

“Please, prepare yourself, our battle is imminent.”

If Sebastián’s attack collided, it would probably push his opponent away by a few feet (First Breaker, 2 uses left), partly because of the weapon, but in this case it’d be mostly Sebastián’s own strength that did the job. Hopefully, such an attack would prevent Kitzaron from underestimating him, after al he wouldn’t be able to actually fight if his opponent was not decided to do the same.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:23 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

The gloved fighter threw a left punch to his sword. It was understood as a clear attempt to provoke him, maybe make him lost his nerve, which was a bit right at its edge, already.
The hit made the sword break its balance and turn away from the grasp of its owner, so he had to move a step back and another to his left, in order to avoid loosing the weapon.
And no, apparently he would not take a walk in the plains. “Too bad”, he sought.
He continued walking to his left, describing a circle in which the young fighter would have been the centre, and with a couple of slight movements of his shoulders he lost his coat and his backpack, arm by arm, changing hands on the handle with impeccable coordination, as maintaining his eyes fixed on his apparently unavoidable opponent.

It was the third person he met after that awkward awakening in the woods, and also the third one he had to fight mandatorily.
Though each time less surprised, he still felt uneasy with that. “Why does everyone around seem to coat that restless need for blood?”. At least this one was a gentleman compared to the previous two. Maybe a bit bombastic, but he took the trouble of suggesting that a preparation for battle was to consider convenient.
He probably didn’t lie about being a prince. The prince of a place he had never heard of… though. By account of his apparent age, the principality couldn’t have fallen too long ago.
Has he been novelty, once? “Let’s make him walk”, he said to himself “… and have a look at his footwork”.

So, in constant movement, with a slow and calculated pace, he asked him:
“What happened there, back in Rinah? And where’s your armour or even your cloak? And your sword? What’s happened to you, Prince?”

As he tried to perform an honest diversion with the small talk, he lowered his blade to the point of making the tip of the Tachi tickle on the grass, and separately suited hand by hand around the handle.
He studied his opponent and kept most of his body weigh on his front foot, at all times.
He was inescapably ready to be attacked.

---------
Kitzaron must be about three meters away from Sebastián.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:48 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

The weapons clashed. Sebastián’s claws had had the intended effect, though in this case it was more of a case of the opposing warrior being experienced enough not to let his sword being thrown away, and counter acting by avoiding leaving himself outside of the claws’ range. The berserker kept his senses at their fullest extent for every moment; it would prove unwise to underestimate his opponent, even more so after realizing he was actually skilled.

With his stance set carefully, hands ready to guar any movement that his opponent’s sword could make; he quickly weighed his advantages and disadvantages (Undeveloped Genius). The most evident point against him was the difference in range, though the dagger-like blades that protruded from between his knuckles added some range for his attacks, it was evident that the katana wouldn’t allow him to get at attacking range with ease. Then there was the question of defense, with his strength, Sebastián was more than capable of protecting himself from bladed weapons, however his hands had a harder time reaching below his knees, not taking care of that part could prove to be his undoing.

Yet there was still hope for the younger warrior to efficiently take down Kitzaron. The versatility of his weapon had always been its biggest advantage, a master could probably cause some damage dual wielding blades, however, someone without that much experience would, in most cases, only hurt himself; meanwhile, knuckles were dual-wielded by default. There was also the fact that at extremely close range, his opponent would have had a harder time making effective swings, but in that scenario he’d probably attempt to disarm Kitzaron, after all, fighting claws were close to impossible to be thrown away while fighting.

The thoughts came through in the lapse of a second, shortly after; the older warrior spoke, asking about Reenah. Sebastián wouldn’t lie, but he couldn’t say the entire truth unless he wanted Kitzaron to know all of his abilities. The former prince spoke, his smile wavering for a moment before returning into its fake form.

“My enemy drew me outside of the kingdom; I was foolish enough to fall for their trap. It was all the plot of a literal army of magic users. They destroyed Reenah in one blow, but their own magic was enough to kill them as well”

He spoke while following the steps of his opponent, circling in the exact opposite direction of him in order to avoid being caught by the back. He hadn’t lied, he had just decided to omit the part in which he was subjected to the most horrible of ends, with the lives of everyone he had met, and everyone he hadn’t as well circling around him, afraid because of his painful madness, and constantly reminding him of their deaths.

Even remembering the event didn’t have any effect on him, or in his demeanor. He constantly did so, his sadness couldn’t go further.

The berserker saw that his opponent held the sword close to the ground, sliding it. Sebastián acted counter-intuitively, he lowered the hand that was closer to the Tachi in order to stop any attack coming from that direction, or at least slow it considerably. Afterwards, Sebastián stepped towards his opponent, the arm held closer to his face stretched against the direction of Kitzaron’s shoulder. It would be the hardest place for the man to protect from that position, and it’d probably weaken his opponent’s hold on his weapon, regardless of it not being a lethal area.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:21 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Hey! Let me congratulate ourselves for the pace kept, so far. I am thakfull to you, in deed.
This is getting interesting... and heavier: good luck!
---

Wide and large he raised his arm, making the one handed sword circle perpendicular to the ground, as he swapped his right foot from the front line, to his rear. Now the shoulder facing the prince was his left, and the sword was held, with both hands again, behind him. The blade, was parallel to his twisted torso.
He wanted to show his opponent his range and be prepared if a counter attack was needed. He used not to hit first, for he was not too found of wounding anyone without a tangible reason.

The kid didn’t look like he wanted to fight. He knew what he was doing, Kitzaron had to concede him that, but the truth was there was a considerable lack of determination on his body language. The change of the arms position was sensible, as was the way he started to approach. Yet, he felt some initiative was needed to disrupt the distance between them. So he revised his plans: Was it necessary to engage in battle with a perfect stranger, over the dead body of a nameless thief?
Well, the boy made himself very clear at that point: the fight was unavoidable. And... perhaps there was something else he could gather from the prince if he could get him defeated... or surrendered.

It must have been a reason, beyond chance, for both warriors to be standing where they were. Probably something related to the Old-Man, who was undoubtedly to blame for the thief’s behaviour.
Maybe the prince was another poor victim of his. Because that magical army that razed his beloved Principality, could well have been that of the Immortals (and their disease), as it’d happened at his own homeland.

If that was the case, Kitzaron preferred him to stand on his side, as an ally, rather than exchanging non-profitable blades with him.
Sadly, there is no easy way to disarm a fighter whose weapons are gloves... without making him lose his hands. But Sebastián seemed educated enough... maybe (just maybe) he would understand and comply, if he got rid of the Tachi.
But it wouldn’t hurt (figuratively, of course) him a couple of scratches before they turn into a naked hand style.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:16 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Agreed upon that! Now we pat ourselves in the back, this battle is getting better by the second. Let us do our best.
-----

The battle was finally about to begin, Sebastián observed how Kitzaron took a stance equivalent to his own. The relatively young berserker could finally make a point in attacking without having the feeling of unfairness that ethical royal training had ingrained into his mind. His body kept its relaxed position, except for his abdomen which, being the center of the body, would be needed for essentially every movement that he could possibly do.

His smile, fake as ever hid behind it an observant warrior, one that was perfectly aware of the scarce amount of trees around them, he had to watch out not to get further inside the forest, for they would obstruct both of them in their fighting styles. And as if to show exactly what kind of fighting style he’d be using against the opposing swordsman, Sebastián began his assail.

The claws that he held upon his hands were not made to fight half-heartedly, and they weren’t weapons made for those that couldn’t face any form of pain head on either. In the hands of a user such as Sebastián, they were made to fight with a superficial impulsiveness, while in reality their attacks couldn’t be used at their fullest extent without making it similar to a dance. Every single movement had to be calculated, either mentally, or instinctually, and then performed as perfectly as possible.

As such, Sebastián, with his right leg at a slight diagonal distance front from his left prepared itself for combat, his hands in mirror position. The berserker finally attacked, he decided upon using the riskiest strategy, but also the one that would yield the most benefits if it turned out to be successful. The warrior clad in gray took a single step. He attacked the right side of his opponent’s chest utilizing a straight blow from his left hand. He twisted his torso to follow the arm in a flowing motion, though he left his body almost unprotected, the blow would be both quicker to return and more effective if he did it in that manner .

Seeing that his left hand was both, his most capable hand, and the hand which he had at the back, the attack would be the strongest he could manage from that position. Nevertheless, the initial recklessness of it all hid a tactic that could pave the way to victory for Sebastián. Though he had attacked the least vulnerable part of his opponent, and left a large portion of his body ripe for a violent retort, unlike a sword, the body was something that wouldn’t be in most cases obstructed in its movement by the presence of the user, and avoiding a counter-attack could be possible. Yet that was only a part of it, in reality Sebastián knew that it was almost a given that he’d receive at least a cut, if minor from his opponent’s next action; but it’d leave him at a better position.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:52 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

One long leg, one big foot: one huge step forward. Not to mention the arm length.
The young fighter did manage to save the distance that separated them, all expectancies to the contrary.
And Kitzaron had to admit, regardless of his physical mass, the boy was fast. Compared to the mage he last fought in that forsaken river, he nonetheless was a joke; not even a specially good one (Infineon, believe me he was FAST).

In the effort, Sebastián’s muscles tensed... one at the time... trapezius, left bicep, then the lateral abdominal ones, the neck, even those around the jaw, that for a second made disappear that irksome beardless sort of smile. Probably less than a second.

Kitzaron could see right through him, there. A left punch was to land on his right side if not prevented. Despite of the relative calm he gained by anticipating the attack (EXPERIENCE, skill), it was to early to know if the prince had in mind a sudden retreat after that. It was very much likely, but Kitzaron didn’t use to bet beforehand.
The only reasonable thing to do was to keep the distance; a short and comfortable step back would definitely do the trick.
And for him to remember the cost of audacity, he just slid the tachi to his front, rotating it in the way, to get its blade facing the inside, to ensure a short, and maybe not even deep, slash on the attacking arm.

Kitzaron was stepping with his right foot on the front line. His right shoulder, facing Sebastián. The sword was on his right side, grasped with both hands. The blade was intended to slash on Sebastian’s forearm exterior side, as being brought back to him. Kitzarons body weight was almost on the move: changing to his left foot, behind.

All his strength was concentrated on the grip. Easy wrist and elbow: ready to withdraw the blade as soon as possible. The warrior was about to test the prince, and if lucky, to push him towards aggravation. Which might turn out to be a way to make him grow clumsy. All in all, it was a test.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:37 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

It was a common tendency for younger warriors to find that experience was as important as skill or talent. And even though Sebastián knew this as a fact, that wouldn’t change the current situation in which he was. He had accomplished his initial goal of springing a reaction from his opponent through a simple attack; however, Kitzaron showed that he was no mere commoner standing with an oversized knife in the middle of a battlefield.

The older man had thoroughly avoided the berserker’s punch, perhaps Sebastián had taken too much time thinking things through, he wouldn’t sweat that though, it would only be a loss of time to do so. Instead, he’d opt to watch out for the incoming danger, a blade aimed at his arm, if he did not move with haste; he’d have a painful wound, and a slight handicap. The tip of the blade, perfectly visible in the gentle light of the forest, would not taste that much of the younger warrior’s blood, at least not yet.

He moved stepping forward and to his right side utilizing his right leg, which due to the step taken before, was now at the back. The left leg only sided itself through the ground, because raising it would be cumbersome and obstructing. As a result of his move, the sword wasn’t able to slash its intended target, instead hitting making a short stab at the warrior’s shoulder. Sebastián felt pain, the wound was elongated, but it wouldn’t threaten his life, nor would it bleed excessively by virtue of being right next to a bone. Unfortunately for him, the current level of adrenaline which he had was more akin to that of a kid that had just bruised himself. Battles were so common for him, that something as simple as that would not make him or his body feel threatened, his full power was yet to show itself.

The maneuver would conclude with Sebastián facing Kitzaron’s torso in a perfectly straight form, the opposing warrior would only need to turn his head to be on even terrain with him one more, but it was more than enough time to give Sebastián an opportunity at attacking. He lowered his right hand as his right foot descended upon the ground, once he was planted; his right hand was parallel to the lower right side of Kitzaron’s abdomen. For this reason, the only thing he’d need to do would be to straighten his arm.

His expression kept with the same calm demeanor that he always wore. The current situation wouldn’t faze him in the slightest (Emotion Based Logic). Plus, it’d be counter-productive to look afraid in front of his opponent.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:37 am 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Some of the purple fume peeped again on the corner of his eye. It must have been the Old-Man misbehaving.
He damned the bloody second he entered his tent. But then, he knew he could not be blamed: desperation often pushes one to do wretched things.
As a result of the distraction, Sebastián rampaged through the air between them, self-inflicting a slight cut on his left shoulder. By the time Kitzaron reacted, he had only to turn his head to face him again, save for this time, to his left.
Good job the sword was already being brought to the area, for otherwise it would have been a sure first hit taken.

There was no certainty for an effective dodge, but it had to be tried without thinking. Besides, you cannot parry an incoming punch of that size with the lateral hit of a regular blade. And Kitzaron stood firmly on his decision about not cutting him a hand.

So he kept his weight on the right foot and used it as a pivot. His left drew a circle around it, rotating towards his back; getting away from the prince’s right side.
First part accomplished, but the young fighter’s paw got to tare his shirt apart. It was a good long cut, from the lower ribs part, right to end of the cloth.
He also got hit, but Kitzaron never reacted accordingly to pain. And sometimes that is not a healthy thing. One, maybe two of the claws managed to thrust him right above the stomach, on his left flank... he’d probably had to wait a few seconds to realise about it.

The second half was already done, for they were planned to be executed simultaneously, and consisted on casting a broad hand-fan-shaped slash across Sebastian’s standing ground: more to make him retreat than else. Because if the attack connected, he’d probably be separated in half at the height of his elbows.
The idea behind it, was to push him back and regain a correct combating position: left foot behind, right knee bended, both hands on the handle near the yet-unnoticed wound, and right shoulder lent forward.

And hope for the Old-Man not to try and have fun with his fate, any longer.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:57 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Sorry for the relatively short post. Also note that when I say Sebastián weighed himself as stronger it is only because of his class, as without any special skills berserkers are slightly stronger than the samurai.
---
The dog-like weapons that Sebastián held had proven their efficiency once more by getting a fair hit on Kitzaron’s body. The experienced warrior had proven skilled enough to be able to avoid such an attack, but by the time that the swordsman reacted, the claws were too close to him.

The battle was heating up quickly, both of the fighters had received arguably painful blows, but it was not even close to being enough to make the result clear. No, it was probable that at that very moment, neither warrior felt even the slightest hint of fear for their own lives. As it was going, it resembled an extended sparring match, at the very least Sebastián felt that way.

His opponent took counter-measures with haste, as the berserker attempted to return to his original stance, the tachi made a semi-circular motion that would cause some serious pain if it was to hit. He had more than enough time to dodge accordingly. His weapons didn’t require him to keep a stable center of balance. Instead, as all fist based weapons, they proved to be far more efficient when being wielded with a slight spring on the user’s step, in order to be able to put all of the user’s weight while moving with enough speed to avoid any attack. Blocking would be counter-intuitive.

He made a slight jump backwards; the tip of the attacking blade only a few millimeters away of his chest, the blade would continue its arc only stopping once its user decided to do so. Sebastián then decided it would be a better idea to prevent his opponent from being able to take a moment to think. He had to make Kitzaron lose his or else they would keep their tie until he had to release his rage, something that would leave him quite tired, and would impair him slightly in his search for food.

His attack would come in form of something h had already done once before, but this time, the position of his opponent’s blade would aid him. His right fist which was in front of his left at the moment would be the lever in order to execute the movement with perfection. He pushed forward with a punch, a straight one. He aimed his blow at his opponent’s sword (First Breaker), but because of how Kitzaron was holding his weapon, if it hit, it would most likely fall naturally toward Kitzaron. especially since, as Sebastián had weighed, he was the physically stronger one. Perhaps because of training, or perhaps simply because of size.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:55 pm 
What's parapet for?
What's parapet for?

Now, Sebastián could well be stronger than Kitzaron because he’s a bit bigger and a lot younger, but mind you: there’s not such a statement amongst the class description lines. Berserkers are ‘more offensive’ than Samurai, Samurai are ‘more defensive’ than Berserkers.
Your post looks fine to me: I really prefer to keep them this long and this often. =)
---

The boy was relentless and apparently unflagging. Kitzaron sought, almost moaning for his lost youth, by the time he got the sword in a proper defending position, as intended. Sebastián was already stepping forward again and launching a right punch strangely aimed not to him, but to the blade of the Tachi, in stead.
The samurai thought that he could not continue swinging for eternity. Some damage was needed soon if he in deed aspired to win the battle in a near future. And then it was the time of the day to consider: nightfall wouldn’t take long to arrive, and when that happened, another advantage for the prince would be added to his list, for Kitzarons eyes weren’t those of a young man. The dark would definitely play against him.

As if that was not enough, the wound on the left side of his ribcage started to hurt because Kitzaron tensed every muscle on his body to sprint forward.
The dodging motion of the blade began before the last was completely over. As the sword was coming to him, the incoming punch passed by his body at the height of his shoulder, and reached further to get to the tachi.

He ran towards Sebastián’s back. He let the sword be lowered to make it out of his reach, and then he raised it in the run, to inflict a wide slash on the left side of the fighter’s torso, as he passed by his left.
The more important thing was to gain a decent distance from him, but it wasn’t too difficult to ensure a hit by just pushing the sword away from himself in the movement, as describing an arc to maximize the chances of hitting target, even though the prince would try and get away from it.
Anyway, no real strength was put into the action. He pretended to slash, not to cut into pieces.
If successful, the cut would be placed right under Sebastián’s left arm, close to the chest. And that might even things out, he estimated. Anyway, he wouldn’t stop the run until placed at least 3 or 4 meters behind him.

---
Kitzaron is driving the battle closer to the plains, with this movement.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:29 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

The battle had been progressing naturally; the movements seemed practiced rather than improvised. Both warriors were about evenly matched, while Kitzaron was the more experienced and skillful one. Sebastián was younger, and quite skillful in his own right, which allowed him to hold his own even against such an adversary. It would not take long before it turned into a war of minds, in which only the more tenacious one would win.

If either of them hesitated, the battle would be over. The young prince’s punch went straight through, as if his arm had been a spear, cutting to the wind. But the older man had shown once more that his experience in the battlefield wasn’t only for show. The dagger like structures protruding from between Sebastián’s knuckle missed their target by a minuscule distance, His opponent would take this opportunity to make his next move.

Kitzaron made his step swift and decisive. Sebastián saw how his opponent moved away from his reach with impressive nimbleness. It was a moment; nothing more than the time it would take for him to blink, but the tachi was dangerously close to his body. Sebastián couldn’t do much except attempting to move to the opposite side, yet The tachi hit the intended spot, making a painful wound that could in fact affect him for the rest of the battle if it extended further.

Sebastián turned around quickly, if his current situation wasn’t optimal, having an armed opponent behind himself, in perfect position for a killing blow, wouldn’t do much to help. He observed how the other man reached his destination, it was nothing more than a few meters, but he was out of his current reach.

He observed the blade that had just cut him; it was stained with a portion of his blood, and most likely a portion of the blood of the man from before. Same man whose body lied close to Kitzaron at that exact moment. Sebastián was reminded of his reasons to fight, and decided against giving up, at least not for the moment. The problem was to close in on his opponent’s defenses.

The younger man decided to restrain himself from attacking, at the very least for a moment. He changed his stance to a defensive one. He curved his torso forward in order to avoid leaving his vitals open, then he placed both of his hands slightly closer to his face, from that position, he’d be easily able to dodge most attacks, or at the very least use his blades to protect himself from them. He closed in on Kitzaron quickly, all the while keeping his defensive position.