It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:55 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: MWO world and background
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:07 pm 
Gamemaster - Admin
Gamemaster - Admin

World name: "Galacia"
Present Age: Middle Age (700 years after Maganic Wars)
Regions/Politics:
Races/Gods:

Brief overview:
"Galacia is a complex and fantastic world with an epic past of wars and incredible stories. Long time ago after "Maganic Wars" (the longest and cruelest wars in history) a huge alliance was forged between main races in order to restore the peace. As a consequence of these facts a new scribes order was created: the "Maganic Order". It was an order where all races, classes and alignments were represented and whose task was to create a cards book which held all the horror passed during Maganic Wars years, for people not to forget what happened. That book was called "The Book of Memories" and it was kept under strong protection for hundreds of years. It is said that some of the Maganic Wars power remained intact in that book...

Many ages have passed since that events occured, even some people have forgotten them..."

You can submit here region names, races, gods, politics, whatever you think it can help to define Galacia's Background.

I suggest you that you think about the physical map of Galacia as we would continue building it from the map.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:29 pm 
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

here's some names suggestions ^^:

Races:
Humans (humans r completely needed of course :P)
Vampires (the ones that have leeching powers suck as energy and life draining)
Minions (the ones that help anyone in battle, just like some cards that cause parapet)
Dragons (dragons must fit somewhere. maybe dragons could be gods? also, theres dragon burst, which is a dragon...bursting XD)

Gods: (i think gods should be set by alligments, or by elements. by elements, it could be mentioned that for example the Fire God AAA gives powers to fire cards. by alligments, we could say that the Evil God BBB gives powers to vampires. ill write the names by alligment, since i think its better that way)
Good God Maguas (yea, i think that the name suits pefect for either a good our neutral god xD)
Neutral God [insert name here] (i really cant think of one :/)
Evil God Nemesis (no, not cuz of RE3 or movie. just cuz of the meaning ^^)

Now some linkablety (does this word even exist?) of races with gods:
Humans worship the good god. they want to make world a peaceful place, but with their arrogance and other human feelings, they arent that friendly. (example, the maganic war :P)
Minions worship the neutral god. like their god, they aid both vampires and humans. they dont want any war. maybe they r better than humans in wat touches to peace. (uh, confusing english :P)
Vampires worship the evil god. just like their god, they love to destroy for pure fun. they r extremely powerful, due their draining abilities, so its that wat causes the wars. vampires r ina much few number, but still humans need the help of minions, cuz 5 humans cant kill 1 trained vampire.

so wat do u think :P? it could worth as info or something ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:23 pm 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

I don't think that "minions" should be a race. The word minion basically just means a helper. Yes, there is a card called minion which gives you parapet, sort of implying that maybe you're summoning some little helper with that card who blocks your next attack. I don't see how minion can be a race. Anyone can use the minion card.

Also, I agree that dragons should exist as a race in the world, but they shouldn't really interact with the other races that much. They're sort of seperate... more like just incredibly powerful monsters than a part of Galacian society.

I don't want to add anything yet because I'm still sort of confused about this whole story thing.... so are you going to pick a race at the start of the game and then play through a storyline for them? Or will there be only one story where you need to play as human or something and save the world somehow?

Post subject: Re: MWO world and background
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:39 am 
Initiated
Initiated

[quote=Maguas]You can submit here region names, races, gods, politics, whatever you think it can help to define Galacia's Background.[/quote]
I wanted to make a suggestion for the races. I don't know if you could implement it, but maybe this would be an interesting addition to the game.

What if you had 4 or so main races, and under each you would have like 3 sub races that were fully based off the primary race, such as;
  • Human - The race descending directly from the gods themselves.
    Vampyres - A sub race of humans. High resistance to poison and lightning, succeptable to heat. Gets boosts to both attack and defense stats.
    Lycans - A sub race of human. High resistance to poison and heat, succeptable to lightning. Gets strong boost to attack stats, weak defense.
    Dwarves - A sub race of human. High resistance to heat and lightning, succeptable to poison. Gets strong boost to defense stats, weak attack.
  • Elf - The mystical race, extremely gifted in magical arts.
    Dryads - A sub race of elves. High resistance to lightning and poison, succeptable to heat. Gets strong boost to defense, weak attack.
    Stalkers - A sub race of elves. High resistance to heat and poison, succeptable to lightning. Strong attack, weak defence.
    Faeries - A sub race of elves. High resistance to heat and lightning, weak to poison. Good defence and attack.
  • Ogre - A very powerful race revolving around bloodshed.
    Orcs -
    Trolls -
    Giants -
  • Dragon - A very spiritual race, designed around balance.
    Wyrms
    Lizardmen
    Drakes
I gave up on giving stats like that for all the races, partially because it's very early in the morning here. I just thought it'd be an awesome idea to be able to sort of transform into a new race based on what you do in game. I know this isn't an rpg, but still...it'd be cool.

When i hit: Eat my Cheetos!
When i get hit: More! More!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:22 pm 
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

maguas and webmaster is already working on classes and subclasses. adding races and subraces would make them have a lot of work, cuz having class+subclass+race+subrace = lots of boosts = would be pretty hard to balance -_- maybe in the story that could fit, but not on the game :/ or at least for now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:02 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

Well, they gave themselves a loose schedule to work with, so maybe it won't be so hard!

Anyways, races wouldn't be there for stat bonuses as much as for how you would want to look. I mean if you look how I was doing it, there were only 12 sets of stat modifiers working on a completely RPS type system. Make someone think they get something and they will most likely enjoy it somehow. In effect, the only difference between the races would be character images and animations (and maybe sounds).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:06 pm 
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

Quote:
High resistance to poison and lightning, succeptable to heat. Gets boosts to both attack and defense stats.

well it seems like a stats boost to me :/ im not saying i dont like the idea, in fact i like it. im just saying that would mess around a lot, cuz there r already classes, that work just fine as races.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:45 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

fcpidolo wrote:
Quote:
High resistance to poison and lightning, succeptable to heat. Gets boosts to both attack and defense stats.

well it seems like a stats boost to me :/ im not saying i dont like the idea, in fact i like it. im just saying that would mess around a lot, cuz there r already classes, that work just fine as races.

I was trying to say that all the classes would be equal due to stats, essentially tossing it up as a RPS (rock paper scissors). I know fire isn't equal to lightning or poison by any means, but the high defense to go along when a subrace has high fire resistances would equal it out (because equal attack is never the same as equal defense).

Not sure how else to explain it really, but I think what we should focus on right now is that stat balancing is very easy compared to class balancing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:23 pm 
Gamemaster - Admin
Gamemaster - Admin

Ok, I think you are going in the wrong way. What we are trying to do here is to develop a story and a background. This doesn't mean that all the elemments shown in the story will be included in the game.

You have to see it as we are trying to write a story for a world, not for a game. Of course there should be a link between game and story/world but you cannot define races based on game skills/card effects.

The point is to define those races with a background for each of them. i.e.:

-An important past event that regards that race.
-Race current and historic physical regions.
-For which job/abilities they are known.
-Political status with other races

and so on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:24 am 
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

then thats wat i done (a lil bit of) but now ill update it more to suits better :P

Races:
Humans - The race that leads the whole Galacia. They are powerful in number and their intelligence is what makes them providing secureness to their own kind. Followers of the god Maguas, they try to keep Galacia a really peaceful world where every race can live together.

Vampires - The evil race. They only seek total domination. They want to rule over Galacia even that does mean killing many many humans. Vampires were once humans also, but due the energy of some Maganic Cards, they became darkness creatures that hunt humans for blood and fun at night. Followers of the god Nemesis, they believe that he is the one that leads all vampires.

Dragons - They disappeared in the Maganic War, cuz of their enormous power, they died so Galacia wouldnt also disappear with them in that war. Some people still believe that such creatures still exist, and some still search for them, seeking only power.

Gods:
God Maguas - Humans believe that 1 day this god will arrive, and purify every vampire with his magic, so vampires turn human again. They fight for this cause, and for their lifes also of course.

God Nemesis - Vampires believe that 1 day this god will arrive, and revenge the vampires for they being...vampires. They dont believe of such god as Maguas, they only fight for Nemesis.

Now places ^^:

Main country: Maguan (in tribute to their god, Maguas)

Cities:
Main city - Bragen. Where the king / leader lives. Where all happens for the humans.
Ashia - Old main place. Completely destroyed due the war. Now its only a desert.
Evenland - A place near Ashia that some vampires live. They have some of their lairs there, which were used before as a training place for the humans.

cant thing of more, its good already for a 16 yrs old kid posting for 30 mins thinking from 1 AM to 1 30 AM <.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:16 pm 
Initiated
Initiated

I don't really think Vampires belong here. They just don't suit a high fantasy setting. Sure there is a card called Vampire, but vampire can also mean to drain power, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:22 pm 
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

blood luster = vampire
the card vampire = vampire

race that drains = vampire

:roll:

vampires belong here cuz they represent the draining cards <.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:51 am 
I'm on highscores!
I'm on highscores!

Quote:
but vampire can also mean to drain power, right

I'm pretty sure that the only thing the word vampire means is the ordinary definition (an undead creature which sucks blood).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:46 am 
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

lets not also forget that vampire is a dark / evil race which also represent the dark side...and it would be a lil boring to read stories with only humans <.<

Post subject: MWO Story Line
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:19 am 
Initiated
Initiated

I'm going to have to disagree with the vampires as well because as previously stated by another user that they don't fit in MWO very well because this is basically a fantasy game that has to do with basically mystical creatures. For example a Unicorn may fit but I can't say for sure because I'm not creating MWO. But try to think along those lines ok?

And not to mention we also need to take into account that MWO will possibly be played by not just teens and adults who know that vampires aren't real. This may also be played by kids and they may or may not know that vampires aren't real so I don't think that a vampire who drinks blood and takes your energy away may give those kids nightmares especially at night. Well thats why I disagree with the use of vampires in MWO but its truly up to you if you agree with this statement or not, and don't worry I won't get upset if you disagree with me because its just my opinion and, opinions differ from one person to another, and that's why I said its truly up to you because it really is :D .

Have a Mystical and Magical Day or Night.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next