Online Role Playing Games
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BACK TO
MAIN PAGE

Border of Morning, Evening, and Life (Grad)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Border of Morning, Evening, and Life (Grad) Reply with quote

(If you ever read all my battles before, the title is the same as one of them. However, it's a completely different place, and I've become a better role-player since that old battle. =D)

(Let's do our best to get four pages before the two week vacation ends! We need an average of 3.2 posts a day... Ouch XD)

(Fuck, I hate breaks from school now... Today I have the day off from work, but Sunday, and Monday, and ALL OF NEXT WEEK, I have to work. T_T I dunno if we'll finish this by Winter Break now, my hopes are shattered)

"Man, I'm hungry..." was what Tyzrk thought for about half the day now. She walked throughout the forest, in hopes of finding any edible contents. She was wearing what other people would consider 'outdoor clothing'. A simple designer's shirt and long sweat pants was all she wore. Her weapons were not on her back, rather, Tyzrk was told to train on keeping them hidden, and only reveal them when fighting. Following her was her ever trusty Forest Sprite, Xhercfa. They had gotten lost here a long time ago. Tyzrk reconsidered staying at the inn at the town would have been a better choice for them. The sun shined in beams throughout the holes in the canopy, giving the lower levels of the forest light. The elven girl's stomach growled a bit, which drew both the traveler's attentions. Tyzrk looked at Xhercfa, then up ahead of her. To her surprise, there was a large fruit tree up ahead. It had strangely shaped yellow fruits hanging off the branches, and in anyone's perspective, they would seem to be very, very ripe. She got excited, and ran quickly at the tree. Being an elf, past ranger, and currently ninza, the run to the tree, which was about 16 meters, took a very short time. Xhercfa was surprised, and shouted, "Stop!"

Tyzrk grabbed a fruit, and heard Xhercfa's danger call. She turned over, showing her blue eyes to the sprite. "What's wrong? Is there a trap anywhere?"

"In your hands! How dare you consider eating an unknown fruit! You don't know what these things can do to you! Your stomach will just have to wait until we get out of here into a town, or we find a tree which seems familiar to us."

Cursing under her breath, Tyzrk threw the fruit onto the floor, watching it roll on it's cylinder-like shape, for a while. It rolled into the bushes, and Tyzrk lost interest of it, still feeling hunger over everything else. She then caught a scent. Her eyes widened for a bit, her nose twitched. Tyzrk started a light run eastward, having Xhercfa follow her. They ran through bushes, in between trees, and crept through laid out branches and twigs, avoiding the hazard of a snapping branch. Finally, they reached their destination, standing in front of an apple tree. "You caught the scent of an apple tree from that far away?!"

"I guess I was hungry." Tyzrk said while she jumped and grabbed an apple, and immediately started chomping it down greedily.

Xhercfa sighed, and looked ahead of her. She saw something interesting. A small, wooden shrine. It was big enough to only have one room inside, but it was placed in the center of a large patch of grass. Surrounding that were the trees of the forest. This caught her attention. "Hey, Tyzrk, over there..." she said as she moved her body towards the shrine to show Tyzrk where to look.

The elven girl looked over, seeing a shrine and a field of grass about as big as a baseball field, and threw her apple core to the side. Being the curious creature that she was, Tyzrk walked cautiously towards the shrine. It took her a while to get to the center of the field, in which the shrine was placed. She looked at it, and around it. Nothing looked out of the ordinary, or hostile. However, there were two small statues representing dragons in front of the doorway of the shrine. They were placed on either sides of the doorway, creating sort of a pathway inside. The shrine looked too small to be of any interest right now, anyway. The statues caught Tyzrk's eyes though. One had a orange-red crystal ball in it's mouth, which represented the sun, and the other one had a clear-white crystal ball, which represented the moon. Each statue was identical in every exact way, except for the balls inside them. She wondered what they were for, as she noticed there were no trees around the field, and so she could see the blades of grass, and everything in the circle the trees around them created, perfectly. She sighed and sat down next to the dragon statue with the sun-like orb in it, resting for a bit. Xhercfa was worried about these statues, and this shrine, to see if they had any special purpose. She sat on Tyzrk's head, watching for anything weird, especially people that might dawn in on them.

(Okay, so at start of the next page, day will turn into night, and the next, night into day. It will continue for that until a while. Does this sound okay? >>; I thought this whole thing up in like two minutes, so don't expect it to be grand. Oh well, good luck to you, and let's try do finish this thing. =D)

I only put my name and made it sparkly.

Heart broken: March 20th </3
grad
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(lol, well, let's just try to make the battle as long as we can ^^. Good luck to both of us ^^)

Shin ran.

It was already too unfortunate for him. First, he was lost in a forest that he didn?t even know how he got in the first place with no food what so ever. Thinking that he really needed some help, he summoned a creature with him, his ever trusted spritus. With its keen eyesight and enhanced senses, he might be able to find something he could eat, or better yet, a way out from this forest. He even had thought his luck had changed when his sprite saw a huge fruit tree. No longer in the right mind to think properly, he placed his scythe below and climbed up the tree. The poor spritus tried to warn him but was discarded by the summoner. He took a fruit, tried to "feel" whether it was edible or not which really didn?t do much, and ate. Surely, he was thought not to eat fruits from unknown trees recalling Snow White and Adam and Eve; but this time, it was different. He was hungry. Was Snow White hungry when she was given that apple? Was Eve hungry when the serpent tempted him? Just then, while he debated on his mind, he heard a rattle. From the side of the tree he heard the leaves flutter, and a monkey-like cute creature appeared. Thinking how harmless it was, he took it on his arms.

?Hello there, cute little creature? how are you today.?

Suddenly, another one appeared - this time however, it seemed to be the adult form of the one he was holding and with an angry look; the little creature?s mother.

?Erh... yo!? Shin greeted, hoping that there were no misunderstandings in how he looked. Then, another one appeared. And another, and another, and another one, until he was surrounded with a hundred or so monkey-like creatures; their faces however, angry at Shin.

?Ehh? hello...? he greeted once again with the others as he slowly placed the tiny monkey-like creature back to a branch - it scurried towards its mother - and moved his way down the tree and jumped. When he reached the ground, the mother monkey-like creature growled, somewhat pointing at Shin, calling at his friends and shouting. Shin took his scythe but was discouraged again when he turned his back and recalled the hundred more. And that is how he came to run.

He ran, although he was not the best runner, but he dashed with adrenaline pumping through his streams. From behind, he could hear the cries of the monkey-like creatures close. He didn?t even bother to look. His sprite followed on his side, hovering beside him. He saw an apple tree up ahead. Making a curving through that apple tree, he tried to loose the horde and continued to run towards a clearing, until he slipped into what would seem to be a left over apple and landed face first on that grass.

For a moment, he thought of humiliation while his sprite hovered above him somewhat saying ?are you okay master??. But thinking no one else was there, he raised his head up, until he saw someone just at the center of the clearing, sitting near what seemed to be a shrine of some sort.

?Yo!? he greeted with a smile. It was only later when his eyes adjust to the clear light that he saw it was a girl. Not the prettiest that he saw, not the sexiest, and seemingly by the looks of it, not the smartest, but it was definitely a girl; an elf girl for a fact with her twitching ears. However, she was with an odd flying/hovering thing, flying/hovering beside her. A forest priestess? Nah... Her dress doesn't look anything like a priestess would wear. A tourist? Could be, but what's with the creature thingy? Maybe a native from here and that shrine is like a dead parent or something. Yup, yup, could be. I go ask.He stood up and dusted a few grass that was stuck on his pants.

"Uhm, I was happening to pass by... erh... do you know the way to the village?" he motioned as innocent as he could. Oddly though, with his foreign clothing - a white polo and tennis shoes with a blue cap - anyone would easily agree that he was not from here and preferably lost. However, he remembered his scythe, the one he was holding with his right hand, which would probably provoke anyone - specially a girl. Well, he could only hope that the elf girl did not notice it? hopefully.

[Sprytus (1) - 0ss; 0x left]
[Spirit Shackles left ? 20]

ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Wow I forgot you were a summoner o.o And I checked just this morning X3)

Tyzrk sat there with her eyes closed, dazing off for a few minutes. While not reaching a real deep sleep yet, she was just about ready to blacken her consciousness. That was of course, until she felt a little body fly off her head. Her eyes slowly opened, then soon closed down again, ignoring the fact that Xhercfa had just moved. Maybe she had seen something of her interest, like a few flowers, or went to inspect the statues or the shrine. Tyzrk was then rudely awakened once again by a faint sound. Her ears twitched, catching the noise of animals. They didn't sound happy, and they didn't sound like they were mating, so why would they make noise at a time like this? Then the noises became a bit clearer. They were shrieking in anger! She heard a miniature stampede, and a monkey-like war cry. She shook her head a bit when she heard the noise come even closer. She tried earlier this morning a human drink called 'coffee', and from the looks of it, she might not drink it ever again.

Of course, those noises were not those of imagination. Tyzrk soon found this out when she heard a body, or something heavier then that of a monkey, fall onto the grass. She looked quickly towards the apple tree, having the sun glare in on her eyes when she looked. Retreating her head towards the shrine for a split second, she started to stand up. Xhercfa scurried along towards her, trying to make it look like she had no or little correlation with the elf. Tyzrk looked to see with her now sun-blobbed vision a boy. Not the hottest guy she saw, not the sexiest, and seemingly by the looks of it, not the most graceful, but it was definitely a guy; a human boy for a fact that he could probably stand coffee. However, he was with a scythe in his hands, a tool used in farming, but more known for being the symbolic weapon of the Grim Reaper. A messenger of the Reaper? Nah... His outfit doesn't look anything like a gremlin would wear. A tourist? Could be, what with his clothes and all. (Okay, I'ma stop copying you.)

He greeted her in some way, stating that he was lost and in need of a way to the village. Tyzrk walked in front of the sun-statue, putting her right foot behind her on the statue with her knee towards the guy. She rest her back on the statue as well, as she heard the shrieking of the monkeys fading off to the distance faraway. "Village?", she started, "I have no clue to where any civilization is. Honestly, I got sort of lost myself, and this shrine is the only place I could find peace." The wind swayed towards Tyzrk's left, and she felt the wind against her legs. Her baggy sweatpants flowed with the wind as some of her hair caught into her blue eyes. She shook her head, having her hair wave around for a bit, and looked forward once more, her hair now slightly more organized.

Xhercfa then flew over to Tyzrk and hovered at about face level. "Hey, have you noticed that sharp metal thing in his hands?!" she said in below a whisper. "What if he tries to kill us? How can you just stand there like that?!"

Tyzrk sighed, and looked towards Xhercfa. "Don't worry, I'm pretty sure he's not hostile." Tyzrk said back to Xhercfa, in about the same, indistinguishable volume she used. "Even though the way he's holding it seems weird. Don't worry, he only seems like a commoner with a scythe. If he means us harm, then we'll just fight back. Simple as that."

"But looks can be deceiving, take yourself for example. This 'commoner' might actually be one of potential, I'm scared to say..."

Tyzrk then agreed with Xhercfa with a blink, and looked back towards the man. "Well, we're all stuck in the middle of a forest with nowhere to go." Tyzrk said to the guy, falling onto her knees and laid back against the statue. "Hmm... What's your name? I'm Tyzrk." she said, wondering if any stranger in this world would know her name without her knowing them. But there was nothing to do for now, and he had a scythe, which seemed to concern only Xhercfa. The elven girl wondered how much of a threat he could be when he is at his 'true, murderous potential'. Hopefully she wouldn't find out. She wondered if that was what he thought as well, estimating her power. In this world of Darkness Incarnate, Tyzrk could almost pinpoint an exact point in time where these two will fight, which was predicted to be but a few minutes from now. She sighed and wondered if he really was hostile, or would end up to be, and that she would have to fend for herself. She wondered if that scythe was the end to his power. Or he could be a mage in disguise. Hell, he would probably fit a few paper-thin daggers into those tight sleeves of his; those would be more painful then convenient though. Her mind kept on going and going as she kept her eye on this human, waiting for his name.

grad
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(yah well, just wondering, can I or even you, use the monkey-like creatures later? You know, for special effects ^^)

"Village?" she replied, "I have no clue to where any civilization is. Honestly, I got sort of lost myself, and this shrine is the only place I could find peace." See, I'm not the only dumb person who would get lost in a forest like this... (Did I just call myself dumb?)... Perhaps if they would place signs or something to where you are, better yet a map, they wouldn't have so much lost people here. For a moment, the wind blew across his face, his opened polo swaying with the breeze, his cap keeping still on his head. Shin waited for whatever else the girl would say. The girl turned her attention from him and seemed to talk somewhat to the creature flying around her; an odd conversation making him think she was an elfin druid. They were too far away however for him to hear what exactly they were talking about.

As they did, he innocently continued to observe the girl, scanning her with his eyes while trying hard not to be noticed of what he was doing. For a moment, he could swear he heard the monkey-like creatures' sounds but discarded it thinking that he had already lost them and that they are already too far away from him.

"Well, we're all stuck in the middle of a forest with nowhere to go. Hmm... What's your name? I'm Tyzrk."

"Erh... me? Well..." Shin, thinking this was a good opportunity to use a new trick he had thought of, took his shades from his pocket and placed them between the bridges of his nose in a seemingly cool and quick manner. With a smile he replied, "Shin, Shin Malaika - traveler, wonderer, adventurer extraordinair." For a moment, he knew he sounded stupid. Being lost for days in a forest really makes people do weird things. Plus, a hungry stomach doesn?t really help at all.

He looked at the elf and her creature again. It was such a fine day and he didn't want to ruin it. He recalled his last experience with an elf in the forest. The last one he killed, the first one he hit in the groin. Hopefully, this wouldn't turn into something like a battle that normally happens in this world of Darkness Incarnate. Besides, what could a girl in a shrine with a hovering creature possible do? Pull a bow out of nowhere and rape him? If she was indeed a priestess who would probably try to seduce him, it won't work with her looks. Besides, by the way she talks, it would seem that she wasn't too... uhm... how'd you call it? "gentle". As far as he was seeing it, the only dangerous thing if a battle would arouse would be her creature thingy turning into a huge fire-breathing dragon or something. Damn it, I?m not suppose to underestimate anyone! Plus, there is that fact that she isn't even worried that I have a scythe with me. Hopefully, she isn?t another elf-ranger wanting to take my money. Better yet, I should stop talking to myself and not make anyone think I'm crazy. These thoughts fluttered through his mind like a search engine searching for something in the internet that a stupid searcher inputted on a search bar while he waited for what other thing the girl would say to him. Odd to say, he didn?t even question what shrine it was they were at.

Meanwhile, the leader of the monkey like creatures growled at his minions. Their search for the human that had eaten from their sacred tree and even touched his son was not found. Sending search parties into the forest, he demanded retribution for what the human had done.

ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(It depends what you mean by 'effects'. o.o Whatever. Yeah, you can use them, I guess)

(Hey, seriously, thanks for posting right after I did like I did. =P)

Tyzrk heard the man introduce himself, in an over dramatic sort of way. Putting on shades which gave a sphere of shine at the corner, he listed his name and titles. She sighed and looked at the ground at his feet. "I wonder if he even heard my name..." This man seemed too self centered. He must have been a tourist. She kept still on her knees for a second, then, with a look at this Shin, she switched her sitting position so that she was on her butt, with her knees just below her chin. The wind blew once again a stronger gust that showed the bottom of Tyzrk's bare shins. Her pant legs went back down to cover even her ankles when the wind died down. She closed her eyes, sighed, and reached for her legs. She pulled the pant leg of her left shin and pulled it up to her knee, showing that her 'bare shins' just got shin guards attached onto it. From the bottom of her kneecap to the top of her ankle, a metal sheet covered, protecting the area. It had somehow appeared, because it wasn't there when the wind blew. She, keeping her right leg bent and below her head, moved her left leg down to her left, so that her leg would be a ten degree angle above the ground. She opened a small sheet of her shin guards, which acted as a cover to several strings inside. She put her left arm over her left thigh, and had her right elbow bent softly against her right thigh, and placed her hands onto the string and started mingling with them, creating a soft tune of music in the air.

She played for a while, paying little attention to Shin. Her eyes were kept on the Shin Guards for a while, until she got into the music, and lifted her head. "I noticed that scythe you are carrying," Tyzrk said, while simultaneously playing her music, "so, does that mean you're a farmer of some sort? Or are you one of those brawlers of the battle arena...?" She slowly stopped her playing, and ended her song. When she closed the case of her shin guards, it created an awkward silence in the field. Xhercfa sat on a blade of grass next to Tyzrk, eavesdropping on the whole conversation. Though they didn't seem to mind her, as she wasn't causing much of any trouble. Xhercfa sighed. She knew that question was only going to lead to something much worse.

(I'll be back in the afternoon, probably about eight hours from when I posted, sorry. But for now, post my fellow asian, post! )

grad
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shin sighed thinking how the elf girl didn't care or how she was unimpressed with his antiques. She sat on her but then did a couple of things with her arms and hands and legs and shins. From her shin guards, she took strings out and unexpectedly, played a tune of music in a way which reminded him of a harp. Oddly enough, she was playing pretty good - judging how he doesn't really know how to play any kind of musical instrument. The girl, for a moment, had a spark on her eyes; that majestic thing that one sees, like a different point of view or like finding the beauty underneath the beast. She seemed to focus on her instrument, while the summoner cautiously observed her. The wind blew once again and he felt it cool on his face. For a moment, he felt a bit of eased

"I noticed that scythe you are carrying," she asked, breaking his tranquil while simultaneously playing her music, "so, does that mean you're a farmer of some sort? Or are you one of those brawlers of the battle arena...?"

Erh... what a weird question to ask.

"Uhm... me? No, no, no... I'm no farmer, and a brawler? Probably not. This scythe,? pointing at his scythe, ?is merely used for my protection. You know, with the dangers in this forest and all." he answered, thinking it was a safe one to say. Perhaps he was right with this woman, that she was innocent and wouldn?t harm him. But also perhaps he was wrong, that she was hostile and would kill him. Either way, he would try to be ready for whatever happens. Maybe she?s a forest siren? You know those that lure men with their angelic music only to find out that they are demons and would kill them. Maybe she?s a demon!

The music stopped. For a moment, just coming from the melody and after it was cut, an awkward silence lit up the field. Only the blowing north wind betrayed his ears. Not even the monkey-like creatures' cries was heard. His fingers twitched a bit and he could feel the tension rise up on the place. His sprite hovered above him and sat peacefully on top of his head, resting on his cap. He then lifted his scythe with his right hand and made it land on his right shoulder, the stance he normally had while still remaining cool.

For a moment, he hesitated to ask the question but, having already the silence between the two, with one step forward with his right foot, the grass softening the fall, he finally gave in.

"So... just meaning to ask you this... uhm... erh... are you a priestess?"

He knew that that was a stupid question to ask, but it was just so tempting. Hopefully, a mere question like that wouldn't insult the girl. Also, what boggled Shin, although he tried not to show it, was the flying creature and what dangers it could probably be. What the hell is up with that?!

ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyzrk stopped playing her music, creating an almost painful silence. She knew this would get to Shin's skull if he was a nervous lot. He stated that his scythe was for 'protection' purposes only. That was an interesting response. Not many in this world would answer that way. Once Tyzrk thought about it, that was how she felt about her weapons as well. Did she really mean to hurt those who assaulted her? Did she really mean to kick Rayuke there and make him a woman? Well, she probably meant that one. She didn't regret doing that, and hell, she actually thought that was kind of fun. Though she did accept challenges from time to time a simple spar, she never wanted to kill. However, she had but simply plain, painful arrows. He had a scythe, which was used mainly to decapitate people and rake hay. He must be pretty serious in 'for my protection'. Creepy.

At that moment, Xhercfa noticed something awkward. She saw something very tiny, about her size, fly up above Shin, and hovered still for a few seconds, and slowly descended onto Shin's hat. She lowered a microscopic brow, and went over to Tyzrk again. "Hey, I just saw something weird. A small thing just came up and sat on Shin's hat."

"On his hat??" Tyzrk then looked at Shin while pulling her pant leg back down. Indeed there was something on his head. Something that almost resembled Xhercfa! Of course, Tyzrk couldn't tell for sure because it was so small and the distance between them made it impossible to find out. "Could it be a sprite?? But no, he's not an elf, is he?"

"Forest Sprites are not the only sprites in this world, you know. While they're the most known, there are some lesser known sub-species of sprites. If that is a sprite that that man has convinced to have it travel with him, he might be pretty strong..."

Shin, who had probably not noticed the conversation between the two forest buddies, had his mind running on a question he thought about asking. He then opened his mouth and asked the young elf if she was some priestess. This surprised Tyzrk at first, but when he thought she was a native, and when he found her in front of a shrine with a spirit-looking, living entity around with her, Tyzrk couldn't blame him for it. "A priestess?" she chuckled, "No thanks. Too religious for me. I myself am a Ninza." While Tyzrk had mastered the human's 'English' and had virtually no awkward accent, "Ninja" was a word she could never had said properly. "Jaedin beat me in that stupid tournament. He gets first place and everyone knows you. You place second, and what do you get? You get power, but no one even knows your name or occupation. But meh, I still got power, and no one really talks about me. I guess that's what I want."

Tyzrk stood up slowly, her hands pushed into her knees to get support. She soon had her butt off the ground, her knees almost straight. She playfully clapped her right shin into her left a few times, producing a clanking noise, then put her right foot back on the ground. It was time to satisfy her curiosity. "So you assumed I was a priestess," she said with a smile, "I assume you are one of those fighters. Though I could be as wrong as you were, especially with that small creature on your head."

grad
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(To avoid confusions, this happened before I met Jaedin.)

The reply was quite obvious and, although he was the first one to address the question, he was partially aware of the big probability that he was wrong - and for a fact, he was indeed wrong.

The girl reasoned out about how she wasn't much of a religious person to even consider herself becoming a priestess. Fair enough, Shin thought, as he too wasn?t much on the god and faith-stuff. He had always doubted the fact that a superficial perfect being such as a ?god? are just exaggerations by the books. The existence of gods probably was just the result of man?s inability to reason out everything in this world, resulting in a spring cushion which is religion and gods. And even if they do exist, like what was previously stated, they are probably just an exaggeration of the books and they are easily hurt as any other being; probably a far superior being, but not entirely perfect. Besides, to live forever is the greatest curse one could ever have.

As he pondered these thoughts, he heard her say she was a "Ninza" which he assumed meant "Ninja". First reaction - What?! For a moment, he was surprised. Truly, she caught him off guard by that fact, if it was even true. It was quite difficult to believe that a girl, wearing something like that, at a shrine with a hovering creature was a ninja. Also, he had always imagined ninjas to wear black leather, with though faces assassin-like faces, or even possessing forehead protectors like the anime Naruto had. He tried to absorb what she just said while she continued to talk about a tournament, a battle, power, having a conversation, which for the most part Shin dismissed and saved for later to fully understand.

He felt a chuckle come to him when he finally came to a realization although he did not show it. Somehow, he had come to see how - in this world - "unique" or more likely "different" people are and act. Indeed, this girl might be pretty powerful than how she looks. Again, he was thought never to judge a book by its cover, another mistake he made today that he hoped not to do again.

"So you assumed I was a priestess," she added with a smile, "I assume you are one of those fighters. Though I could be as wrong as you were, especially with that small creature on your head." Shin looked up on where she pointed; his Sprytus. Her voice was mixed with a hint of visible confidence, making him truly believe that she was indeed a ninja. If this girl thinks that just because she is a ninja she can already get cocky and defeat me, she is gravely mistaken. He wasn't one to plunge into trouble, nor was he one that would start one. But if properly provoke, he also wasn't one that would back away from a fight. Still, jumping to conclusion is another mistake that he had made today.

"A fighter really isn't something that you can call me, although I may be referred to as one at times." He smiled with the thought of what he previously said and a recollection of his previous battles. "But I am none more and none less, a summoner. You may not have heard of us since we are a very "rare" class." He continued on with a bit of sorrow that he tried not to show, remembering now his past.

"Oh yah, and this one," he quickly managed to change his mood, "is a Sprytus." The sprite hovered from his head and into his left shoulder and smiled to the person whom he was talking to. It was then that Shin realized how, in this world, people often talked far away from each other. It was like they conversed in distance, like fearing that they might get surprise attacked or something. Much weirder was that they don't usually shout.

"Now my turn to ask, Tyzrk; what is that creature you are talking to?" pointing at the glowing, hovering thing near the elfin girl.

Tyzrk, the name rang on his ears - Tyzrk the ninja. Aside from the monkey-like creatures, it seemed this day would turn out interesting. As the wind blew once again into the open grassy field, the summoner, the ninja, and the two sprites, prepared the tension.

(Its already 3 am in the morning here, past Christmas. I'm quite sleepy when I made this. Although previously, I had made a post while half-asleep.)
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A summoner, huh..?" she said while she gained her posture and stood up straight. "I don't think I've ever met with a summoner before. There's always those mages bent on power, and those warriors screaming their wives's names out while brandishing, but I've never saw your lot before. I guess you speak then truth when you say you guys are 'rare'." The man, after they revealed their fighting oppositions, showed off too the thing that laid on his cap, calling it a "Sprytus", which Tyzrk immediately took as something similar to Sprite. So Xhercfa was right. It was sort of a sprite, but if it wasn't like Xhercfa, then it's powers are probably and most likely way different then a Forest Sprite such as the green orb she had over here. She had to be wary of that, and actually took information into her head. Then she thought of something else. If that was a mystical creature of some sort, and if this Shin was a summoner, then maybe this 'Sprytus" was a product of his powers. Tyzrk wondered if there was more to his summons. She knew that at this moment, he was wondering how strong she was too. So she might as well start this whole fighting thing. She had to sort of soothe into it though. A nice converse would be a good start.

"Now my turn to ask, Tyzrk;", he started to speak, revealing that he did catch onto her name after all, "what is that creature you are talking to?"

She smirked as Xhercfa took her que, and flew over to Tyzrk's front, staying in front of her to be demonstrated and introduced. "This one is Xhercfa, many humans and even an annoying elf that I know cannot pronounce her name for one reason or another. Anyway, she is a Forest Sprite, which I became friends with back then in my archer days. She used to be a Spirit of the Forest, but for some reason when she started traveling with me, leaving her forest downgraded her status and powers down to an average sprite. Awkward, but that didn't change anything much, I think." Xhercfa gave off an extremely small blush as she became the center of the topic. Tyzrk could have imagined her being uncomfortable right now, and tried to switch the pace of the conversation. "Anyway, I believe we've been both observing each other's powers blindly too long. I know you're curious about my potentials as much I'm imagining yours. So... Would you want a spar? Nothing major, no cut limbs and stuff like that, maybe just a clean match? A little blood here and there never hurts, but we might as well demonstrate our strengths. I'm very curious as to how a 'Summoner'. as you would call it, would fight in the heat of combat.

She moved her right foot in a circle on the ground several times, feeling how soft the dirt was, how wet the grass was, and all that. If they were to have a match, every factor of the ground's subtleness was going to effect her running speed, jump height, and all that. From what she felt, this was an average field in mid-afternoon, not wet from morning dew, not too dry with a healthy sun shining, and the ground was soft and hard enough for her to be able to maneuver easily. She wondered if he would accept her invitation for a fight, especially how they've been so passive for quite a while. They might as well release their ambition into a wild fight, with a battle between human and elf again, Sprite against Sprite. Tyzrk hoped she would get her head lopped off or something. That scythe looked quite scary.

(I typed half of this with my eyes closed, then when I was done, I opened it and looked for any errors firefox caught. Yeah, it's ten, yeah, work got me tired, yeah, I'm gonna take a snooze now. If you post early, I'll probably post in the morning =P Let's make up for lost time!)

(Oh yeah, and I read your training battle post thingy. Pretty harsh how you're setting your strongest Summon first thing. X3)

grad
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Sorry for the lateness, I couldn't get into a computer yesterday.)

(oh, and on my training battle thingy, its a common misunderstanding. An ulvaria isn't all that strong. It is, however, versatile, thusly, I can use it as a dummy for training.)

Shin listened calmly while the girl talked. At some point of the conversation, he wasn't able to keep his attention still as he had let his eyes slip and run away - into the small shrine, then into the bunch of trees behind her, then back towards her eyes, making notes at each tiny detail he could find; her blue iris, her somewhat "muscled" form for an elfin girl, her voice?s intonation, and even down towards how the wind would take her hair and just wave them across her face. But despite which, he still maintained his attention on what she was saying. For a fact, with his simple question and her natural talkativeness, he learned that she was previously an archer, and for the most part was very forest-trained and talented; figuring that she was probably very agile and fast with an ever accurate eye. Another point was that she was already a skilled warrior to pass; meaning she probably had more experience in battles than Shin was. Aside from that, her sheer ability to have had convinced a forest creature, in this situation a forest sprite, to come with her, was visibly outstanding. His eyes ran down towards the hovering creature which glowed in its magical own glow.

Then, in a sudden shift of conversation, she took the subject out of his sprite. His eyes quickly adjusted and in an instant, met hers. Therein, directly from her words, he deciphered how keen she was; how observant she was of his actions as much as he was of hers. He could almost expect it at that moment, as she slowly opened her lips, and when those words entered his ears, he was proven right when she said and asked - "Would you want a spar??

For a moment, his eyes widened; his vision turned to yonder, and he felt the chill that he once again felt remembering that beautiful yet scorned sunrise when once a friendly spar with an elf turned into a fight for life, not for Shin, but for the person he battled with. He almost imagined himself loosing out of control, his demons freed from the tomb that he had so hardly kept sealed. Then, he came back to reality, and a simple phrase from his inner thought was all it took to push him into the corner, 'How could you fight your demons if you yourself, wouldn't even face them?'

He had no other choice. For a part of it, he needed this fight. For another, he wanted to prove something to himself.

"Alright." those words somewhat blunted out from his lips, without full approval. Figuring how he had already started it, he continued. "A spar indeed."

He breathed and tried to relax a bit. He shook his shoulders and just let the shaft of the scythe hang loosely on his right hand. The north wind blew once more across his face, relieving him a bit of tension; and as fast as that, it was gone. His body no longer felt shaky and, like what all warriors would have, he felt the thrill of battle. His head turned towards the shinning sun; its heat had somehow comforted him. His fingers twitched and he lowered his head once again to look at her, her elfin face; with their eyes meeting blindly at each other as a thousand thoughts raced through each of their minds. Adrenaline ran through his veins as he raised his right foot a bit and tapped the tip of his foot to the ground, dusting off dirt while at the same time, observing the texture and subtle details of the grass and ground. When he finally placed it back, he started his move.

Using his shoes as catalyst, he made an invisible portal on the surface of the ground where he stood. He opened it, mere ready as the grass seemed to sway at his feet, but was covered when the wind once again blew and covered its tracks. Shin smiled. He stood on his toes and made ready for whatever the girl would do.

"With all do formalities, ladies first." With a hint of confidence, he smiled and winked at her.

ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyzrk stood still after she felt the ground for stability. Shin stood still for a few seconds, as if he weren't sure whether to accept her challenge or not. In fact, even during her speech, he looked quite distracted taking everything in the area to his knowledge; as if he were anticipating a match or something similar. She took this time to look at something quick as well. She looked at the ground, where her feet had just experimented the grass. While it seemed comfortable to run and jump around in, it was jubilant with life, and was not dry at all. There seemed to be no dead grass in the areas, which have proved to Tyzrk that they were more flammable then bright, green grass. This was good; if Tyzrk were to shoot a fire arrow, and it was to miss, the entire forest wouldn't entirely burn down, at least, not right away, she hoped. She thought it might have been not only more efficient, but safer to use her doubles. She continued to ramble on with strategies and such until Shin, who she had completely forgotten about, had spoken up, accepting her challenge. He sounded unsure at first, as if she had forced him into saying so. But after a monotonic pause, he answered again, with stronger confidence. He sighed as he saw what he has gotten himself into, which Tyzrk would show to be a toughie in just a second. Ever-so-chivalrous, Shin had offered her the honor of starting the match. She felt bad and dishonorable about shooting people in the back, but when they can see her and are given the first move, she is always willing. With a playful look in her eyes and a grin at Shin, which silently marked her thanks, she flipped quickly into the air. With the absence of her weapons, this was a bliss to feel the air fly through her back without being hindered of weight. She flew backwards, towards the shrine. Somehow, she had managed to have been able to land onto the top of the shrine on her two feet without too much of a problem.

Very shortly after she had landed, she bent down ever so slightly. She then gave off a very high jump straight into the air. She flew just under the sun, so if Shin were to follow her with his eyes, the sun would blot his vision. She had disappeared for a few seconds this way, unable to be seen until just about a second later. She landed about five paces forward from her starting position, landing with her left leg bent and her right leg extended to the right; her left arm straightened upwards so that it would create a diagonal line from her left hand to her right shoulder. However, something was different about her. Her shirt and pants, they have changed! They were no longer the 'outdoor clothing' she had worn previously. Instead, she wore a somewhat loose shirt with many, many pockets on the front and back parts, and long, wide sleeves; so long that they could probably hide a small weapon. Her pants too were loose and airy, but not so much as to make noise with her movements.

She stood still for two seconds, and then started to charge up mana in her left arm. Her hand soon held a blue orb of pure energy. It flashed white at times, and expanded and shrunk at times, as if it were breathing. The wind changed directions, blowing away from Tyzrk as a result of the concentrating powers. Her hair swayed away from her eyes, which was quite a relief for a few seconds. Tyzrk continued to charge magical energies until it had set off. The orb flashed once again, and then expanded into a sphere which was large enough to engulf Tyzrk and the ground just immediately around her, remaining at that same blue color. The wind returned to the direction it was previously, blowing away the essence of the blue sphere as if it were a colored dust, revealing the elven girl.

But once again, something changed about her appearance. A bright, blue bow-shaped object appeared at her left wrist. Also, behind her were a mass of weapons. Her Bladed Bow, which had served her ever since she had entered this world, was strapped onto her back diagonally, like a traditional archer would rest their bow. Her Bowmerang, which was a bow with a special curve, was sheathed vertically at the middle of her back, which appeared awkward. Even a little face mask which covered the bottom of her head to her nose - which seemed like a traditional assassin's item quirk - appeared on her as part of her special fighting clothing. A small bandanna-like piece of cloth ran across the upper part of her hair, and was tied behind her head, supported by her long elven ears. It pushed some of her hair nearest to her forehead downward a bit, but at the same time pushed it back, allowing her eyes a rest from hair.

A blue aura remained on her figure for several seconds while she stood in an upright position. Her Mana Bow was drawn, her weapons were revealed, and she was offered the first move. Shin must have at least flinched by now, so Tyzrk was ready for her next move. Xhercfa slowly flew backwards towards the Sun Statue, wanting to spectate for a bit. Tyzrk looked once again at Shin, which she seemed a bit more intimidating this time, what with the weapons and facecloth. But the innocent, large eyes of the young elf were still there and recognizable. She raised her right elbow a bit, which hid a special weapon. Her left arm also hid a weapon under her sleeve, but attention was drawn to what she had now. She straightened her elbow quickly downward, 'punching' the air to the ground almost. She opened her palm pointing upwards, and clutched her fingers just in time to catch three, classic, ninja-shuriken.

Facing Shin, she threw her arm upward, releasing one star towards the man's middle section. Her arm flew up to the point where her arm was straight, her hands carried two more dangerous ninja-staples. She lifted her right foot this time, and threw her arm diagonally across towards her left him, throwing a second shuriken at his right leg. Using this momentum to spin, she lifted her left leg as she landed on her right, now facing the temple. She gave a last jump as she spun this time to face Shin, throwing a third star at his head. She landed, happy that her attack had worked smoothly; the blue aura that outlined her figure now was completely gone. She wondered how the man reacted to this attack; the opening to what will be Tyzrk's first battle after 'Ninza-ness'.

(Wow, I am proud of this post. =D 1160 words even, lol)

[Good Job, DDR.] -- OSO

grad
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(This is gonna be interesting. Now I have doubts if I'd even last till the 4th page.)

It was then on that suddenness of a moment when Tyzrk leaped into the air with all the grace that she had possessed that he had caught a glimpse of the full potential of his opponent. His eyes followed her every movement - the grace, the figure, the prowess - as her silhouette hid the sun behind her like a curtain obscuring its rays while all he was able to do was raise his left hand across his face in defense. He neither moved nor flinched; all he was able to do was wait like a viewer waiting for the curtain to rise or like a gamer waiting for the computer to load. He waited for that sparkling moment when what was behind the curtain, what was after the loading, would be revealed. And when she finally landed, all was exposed. The magic that had hidden her secrets were unlocked and the stature, the weapons, the suit, and the intensity was disclosed when her two feet with all her grace landed on the moistened grass and the gates of her hidden pocket opened. She was now at her true form - a battle-hardened ninja, a well worthy opponent.

But she was not yet done with her disclosure. The magic still somewhat remained. She was surrounded with mana, the same mana that had governed each and every elfin ancestry. Their eyes could only meet in a second but despite that, he had seen the great, untouched confidence in those blue eyes of hers. For a moment, he could not move. But he needed to. From his paled expression, a smile at the corner of his lips appeared somewhat saying - 'this is gonna be one hell of a battle!'

He could almost hear his heart pump blood and adrenaline throughout his body as a single sweat dropped from the side of his head, escaping from his cap, and trailed down his cheeks until it reached his chin and dropped down with the pull of gravity. As soon as it left, as if altered by coincidence, his knees bent a bit and his scythe with his left hand grabbed his scythe together with the right, the blade extended to the ground. He was still standing on his toes, having the advantage to dodge more quickly, and his eyes were kept on his opponent anticipating her every move. His sprytus moved to the side, a few feet behind him, keeping an eye out for the summoner. And when she finally made her move, he was ready.

The three shurikens came after him fast. He was sure he wasn't as fast or as agile and probably not as strong as the girl, but he still held a few tricks under his sleeves that he had with him. This time however, he was still willing to do the dirty work. Moving the blade of the scythe in front of him, he was able to deflect the first blade [Scythe Mastery]. At the same time as the blade came into protection, he sidestepped to the right [Dodge], avoiding the second shuriken as it passed him and landed on the ground, and as quick as it was, he raised his scythe once again towards his face to deflect the third. He smiled thinking how well he had appeared when he had done it despite the fact that actually had difficulty doing it. But weaknesses were left for the weak. In the face of battle, a single weakness revealed would mean defeat. He stood back straight again, as if nothing had happened, as if the attack wasn?t all that. Then, he exhaled another breath as he prepared for his move.

Shifting a bit his right foot forward, he swung his scythe in front of him. Odd it would seem but he had often surprised those that had judged this first move of his. While the blade moved, it not only ripped air on its way but also space - space and dimensions that overlapped each other. It had always been a great mystery how summoners would find the right dimension to access, the right portal to open. Even how they do it in the first place was already a far greater conundrum. But much had long since silenced their questions never having the ability or the skill to know and be one. Only those that were great - having the ability to explore pass what they can do - had succeeded in this art.

Ripples from the swing started to form, as if the air in front of him turned to invisible water. And as sudden as it did an invisible creature stepped out. Invisible in the form that its body was not present when it arrived at DI. Only its spirit was able to reach here. But at the same time, its spirit would seek its own body, a body which would house it. In simple physics, it acted somewhat like a mini-black hole when it arrived into this world, except it had a limit to how much it can accumulate to once again reach its mass. Its own gravitational field started to suck everything that surrounded it, slowly forming its own body from the environment where it was summoned. The ground, the green grass, and even a few loose rocks and twigs came to be pulled into it. The ground below where it was summoned started to rise like a growing bump. From behind the developing golem, he watched Tyzrk's reaction.

[Ulvaria]

He then stepped to the side, just barely able to see Tyzrk at the side of the forming ulvaria. The winds once again blew but this time, not because of the nature but because of the creature. His opened polo swayed towards its direction together with the grass and the leaves and his hair. For a moment, he could feel his hands involuntarily clench tighter the scythe with tension and excitement and fear and courage and all other things that would get mixed at the start of the battle. His eyes focused once again unto her. It trailed on her outfit, into the pockets with wonders of what were in there, to her weapons with thoughts of what harm they could do to him, then towards her eyes with assumptions of what she could be thinking right now.

The initial cards had been played; the next would be more zealous than the first, until finally reaching ultimatum. Inside his head he hummed ?Come What May? by Air Supply.

[Ulvaria (1) - 10ss; 1x left]
[Spirit Shackles left ? 10]

ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(And sorry for the lateness of this. I really haven't been feeling it these last few days, and I don't even now. I've forced myself to, and I'm typing this early in the morning while eating, it might be a lengthy post. =P )

(Oh please, you'll last to the fourth page. Just do what Tyzrk did in the old days... Retarded dodge style, and then in the third page, randomly get pissed off and spam your best moves then XD )

"Man, I underestimated his speed!" was what Tyzrk thought when she saw Shin parry off all three of her thrown shuriken. She thought if that was what Shin thought when she demonstrated her power of speed. He deflected the stars with some grace, or so she saw. She saw the sparks fly out of the scythe as the third hit it's crescent blade. The elf bit her lip as Shin stood back up in his normal position after he heard the third shuriken hit the floor, as if that was nothing. She hoped to hell that he really didn't think it was 'nothing'. Even though she is new to those shuriken, she could throw them pretty well and very accurate without much needed training; and to just throw them off like that... She decided she would have to have her moves to be more advanced. Perhaps a complicated combo of nearly unpredictable moves, or maybe longer flurries of ranged, sharp objects.

Of course, easier said then done. Even more now as Shin grasped his scythe and tilted it, letting gravity take it down gently to the ground in a half-circle motion. It struck the floor, which alarmed Tyzrk at first. "Why'd he do that?? He seems like the guy who can't afford to waste any movement. Unless he's showing off or something. But it doesn't seem like the case now... He must be up to something." Taking a precaution that the scythe might symbolize something in the future, she slowly moved her left arm to her front, having it hang down to her side. She was about to lift her arm up and pull a fast one, a quick strike to the guy's chest. She was about to, until she saw something very strange. The air that the scythe had stuck before hitting the ground started to ripple up. She never saw this before, in all her life in Darkness Incarnate, in matches that she would sometime spectate for fun, or even in comic books and movies. Never. He must have not lied when he said that Summoners come few and far in between. For a second Tyzrk thought that maybe a blast of kinetic energy would burst out of the ripple and hit her in the stomach, throwing her back. She was ready to dodge whatever was in there. The ripples soon disappeared, showing nothing. She cursed at herself. He was no true mage, he was a freaking summoner! She thought he was going to ice her with a spell! She must take everything she saw into account and remember it all, as this was the first time she experienced a summoner at work. She would want to know when he would be summoning later, that would kind of help.

Soon enough, she saw the first summon in her life before her eyes. It was pretty bad though. A black hole appeared shortly after the ripples in the air slowed to a standstill. Instead of ejecting a monster, it started to suck in everything around the area, lifting grass off the dirt, autumn leaves shed off their trees and joined the rocks and dirt clumps that too came into the black hole. She suspected that this was not every way a monster would form, but they should, because not only is it intimidating, but cool. She figured she didn't have to stand still and take this. Instead, action was needed to take place. Whatever that black hole thing was, it seemed that the winds blowing into it were slowing down, and it was taking an indefinite shape. Tyzrk took this opportunity to try and see how strong this thing was. Most likely, it couldn't move. Fast, at least. The black hole's winds started to come very slowly now, so slow that an arrow would not be so affected as it used to be. She raised her left arm, and opened her right hand, charging magic into it. She sighed as she grabbed the string on her bow, feeling the anticipation build up. She pulled, creating an arrow in her bow. She looked at the black hole one last time. If Shin just slashed the air in front of him to make it, then that thing must be in front of Shin, meaning Shin is behind it! Tyzrk charged an extra magical charge in her arrow, causing it to shine more. Tyzrk noticed some of the blue dusts of magic emitted from her bow just being sheathed was being sucked into the black hole.

Never minding about that, she wondered about this arrow. If Shin is behind this thing, then if she were to fire her Multi Arrow right now, one would hit the monster being summoned, and the two offset arrows would fly on either sides behind the golem-type thing and hit Shin. Or so she hoped. If three straight-forward Shuriken couldn't do him in, maybe two magical arrows to both arms would. Smirking under her facecloth, she fired the arrow. About half a second into the arrow's flight, which was aimed directly at the center of this newly formed monster, two smaller arrows sprouted from either sides of the main one, and shot off onto the left and right sides. Midway in the distance between Tyzrk and the golem, the offset arrows started to curve, and go towards the center arrow once again. However, they were created at such an angle so that they would actually go behind him. The first arrow flew and by the time it was up and personal with the golem, the other two went behind it, and were aimed and coming in quickly at both of Shin's biceps. Tyzrk wondered if the arrow would finish the monster, or if those two would wound Shin. She thought otherwise, if he was too strong to even feel the arrow, or if Shin would once again outsmart her tricks and gracefully maneuver out of them. If those were the case, Tyzrk would have to move, dodge, rinse and repeat. Right when the arrows were shot, the elf went back to thinking about more strategies to fight this Shin. And so now the battle truly flares up.

(Multi Arrow: 2 more uses)

grad
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the corner of his eye, peeping from the side of the growing monster Shin kept watch of Tyzrk and on what she would do. From there he saw Tyzrk not one to wait for her opponent. She was one of those cautious persons and not like those ego-crazed maniacs that usually roam around DI which eventually would die somewhere unknown in the end. No, this girl was different, having each and every characteristic of a true warrior. Raising her hand, she prepared her own magic in response to his - an arrow made of blue mana which somewhat had another magical glow into it. Shin kept watch. This was it, the moment when the girl would reveal part of her ability to him, which was for a fact a very important situation in battle. The arrow shined brighter and brighter as she aimed it directly towards Shin's summon - the ulvaria. And as she did, he remembered how he had always had this somewhat pissed of feeling when fighting against archers or other people that use bows and arrows ever since he had that battle on Harfed Plains with an elf ranger. Of course, basing from that past fight, he had grown stronger and had gained a better understanding on his summons and his abilities. But he must also consider that his opponent was undoubtedly stronger than what he had faced before. So, if he was going to win this match, he needed to think further outside the box.

Then, she released the bow. The blue arrow pierced through the air as it sped forward. Then, as if crafted by magic, it split into three; two at the sides and the original in the middle. The other two curved inward in its path and from the looks of it, was aimed behind the ulvaria and towards Shin. It seemed that everything would go on smoothly and that Shin wasn't one to notice the two arrows that would curve for him. Just then, two huge arms of mud formed from the monster from each side of the growing lump, each hitting the arrow on either side while the main one hit the body. A creature made of mud and soil did have its advantages. From its main composition, it held the advantages of being partly susceptible to piercing attacks which Shin could very much use later in battle. Aside from that, he just found out an ability of the girl.

He walked to the side, at the right of the now fully grown ulvaria. The creature, which he summoned, now stood about 6'7 in height with two red dots on his head marking its only facial feature and also served as his eyes. Two long arms extended from it?s somewhat shoulders each having the arrow harmlessly pierced on them. Its chest was massively broad with bent huge legs and feet that supported its body. Relatively, it wasn't as fast as Shin and more specially, the girl. However, its body size and strength would be one advantage that it held. It stood straight and firm, with a few loose dirt and leaves that didn't became part of it falling in each motion, which somewhat crafted its form much clearer - a monster summon bent for destruction.

"Very Good, I am well impressed, Tyzrk." Shin commented as he gave her a devious smile.

Meanwhile... Shin made further plans.

The portal behind the ulvaria started to activate. Deep inside the realms of unknown, an ethereal chain roamed seeking what its creator wanted to summon. Finding the right one, it grabbed the creature by its heart and pulled it into control, into the portal, and outside reaching DI. From the moment control was taken, Shin made commands through a mental link using the same ethereal chain [Mental Link]. The roggle jumped from the portal and ran into the woods behind. The ulvaria behind the roggle hid it from the ninja's vision, hopefully, and the rabbit-like creature?s light feet made little if any noise on its escape as what its master had commanded it to do. It went back into the forest until it reached pass the apple tree. From there, it circled around the field, keeping its distance and hiding through the thick vegetation around the clearing. It attempted to reach on the other side. The route was a bit long but that was the plan - it would reach the forest behind the elfin girl and wait there. Concealment was a bit part of it. From there, it would hide and wait for the right opportune moment when it would strike.

[Roggle]

Shin locked into her eyes as his plan started to move along smoothly. The brightness of the sun hung above his head as he anticipated his opponent and readied him for whatever would happen.

[Ulvaria (1) - 10ss; 1x left]
[Roggle (1) - 3ss; 3x left]
[Spirit Shackles left ? 7]

(edited the spirit shackle count)

Last edited by grad on Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Just a friendly reminder, Day turns into Night this next post)

(Finished this time. Damn it, this is the third time in a row I wasn't able to keep my word. I feel pretty shitty. Especially because trying to be more prompt and responsible was my resolution. Oh well.)

No matter how many times she played that scene in her head, she couldn't ever get it through to her. Tyzrk's arrows flew and shot the monster, who quickly stretched his arms just in time to capture the two arrows that Tyzrk allowed to go in opposite directions. An arrow went into it's stomach, and each of its arms; and yet, it didn't seem to have any intentions of flinching. This monster seemed to have more endurance then that of a fighter, which was something. Tyzrk doubted that even her Bladed Bow would harm it. She thought of its flammability, and hoped that would have proved that as something useful to her. Then again, it's body structure not only had wet-soil mud and rocks, but lively grass and leaves that would not really support burning anyway. Tyzrk gave a silent scold at the plants for not being flammable, and cursed at them before thinking of a different approach. This seemed like a big strategy game to her. There was her enemy, and there was a big wall crossed with a tank, if considering it by size and defensive, and offensive abilities, blocking the way. She must attack her opponent before the dude starts blowing up more cute and cuddly balloon creatures after her. She noticed that the first time he showed his ability to her, he had swung his scythe down previously, having the air create a dimensional hole which lead to a spiritual realm. This seemed a bit too much like deja vu, after all those fights with Illithian, cuts in the air to another dimension seemed so old and unoriginal, but hey, at least this time someone else was doing it. Anyway, she noticed that the scythe was needed to create the hole, so similar as to Illithian's blade to warp dimensions. And so, she must try to distract the golem somehow and at the same time, grab Shin's scythe to disable him from summoning anymore problems.

Tyzrk was in a heap of trouble. She couldn't think of any flaws with this thing other then its speed. It's power, endurance, even height and intimidation, which froze Tyzrk at the thought of jumping over it. She thought that none of her attacks were likely to affect it, if three arrows in different places wouldn't. She wondered if she started her Flaming Raid up into the golem's face, having almost all the arrows hit it. Would it go down? Sure, it would have two dozen arrows in it's body, but she once again doubted it would do much to the mud golem. She would have to use whatever advantage she had, which was her unmatched speed, to outsmart this golem and go to the cause, not the symptom. That's when she saw a strange light go off behind her. Had her Forest Sprite get scared and charged her blast? That would have been perfect, it would have been nice to see a blast go through the thing's stomach. A test of it's strength? However, Tyzrk looked over her shoulder for a split second to see that it was none of Xhercfa's doing. Instead, over at the temple, a dragon statue, the one with the Moon's Orb, started giving awkwardly disturbing glows from its eyes, the orb itself started to shine a bit. Were we going into a Pokemon Parody and have that orb turn into another one of Shin's creatures? No, that would have been too freaky, even for a human tourist.

But whatever was happening, it was worrying our little elven friend, and she wanted to start off with a nice defense, as she might as well have no offense at all. With a blink, she turned her head quickly towards that monster of a wall once again. She reached her right hand, the hand opposite of the one with a magical weapon on it, over her shoulder, reaching for an equipment of hers that will give her a slight upper hand for... Well, maybe about five minutes. But anything to piss off your opponent in the middle of battle. She grabbed for something that looked like a strange, silver hula hoop. She brought it over her shoulder, and extended her arm towards Shin. She pointed the Hula Hoop at the monster, or Shin, if he could see. A smirk was formed under the facecloth. She then moved her arm over her, so the Ring would go over her body. Then, when the Ring was at about her waist level, she stretched her right arm across her body, almost looking as if she was ready to start Hula-ing in the middle of battle. Indeed, she threw the Hoop out as if to start, however, her body wasn't moving. Instead, the Ring of Framma started to move by itself!

It spun revolution after revolution in midair, keeping completely still other then spinning, so it wouldn't even touch her body. It simply spun, and a strange, blue lining eventually started across it. The blue lining was actually mana, and when charged like this, it gave a defensive structure. The blue magic started to come from all the sides of the circle, and came towards Tyzrk, filling the gap between the Hoop and her body with a cyan blue color. Tyzrk's own body started to glow this color. Like before, an aura started to form, little sparkles and shines glowed in the air in awe of her power. Eventually, the last pixel of mana has been drained into Tyzrk's body from the Hoop, the color between the two started to fade away. Her body was now outlined with the shine of power, glowing blue for a while. Then, like before, the aura started to fade, the energy started to go invisibly towards her hip, and this was going to help her defense by shooing out that energy was a wave in the future. She needed to make this move count in the future, wasting such a power was not a smart thing to do. She took a few steps back, and her buddy Xhercfa flew a few feet towards Tyzrk, the two almost picturing the same plan between themselves, getting into a favorable position.

(Ring Shield: 2 more uses)

(Ouch, sorry to pause you from posting just for an extra three sentences. >>)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Maganic Wars Forum Index -> Battle-Grounds All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: