Online Role Playing Games
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BACK TO
MAIN PAGE

The Dark Night
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flame devil
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: The Dark Night Reply with quote

Dethoriac sat alone on a cold rock looking at total darkness. It was a pitch black, the moon had disappeared and there was only the small lights from the windows of the houses down the hill. He sat there waiting for the sun to come up but knew that it would take a while. He suddenly heard a crack. He didn't worry about it first but then he heard what he was sure about a weapon being drawn. He stood up and looked around, it was total darkness. He used his new skill that he learnt from a man in a small village not far from there. He closed his eyes and everything was crystal clear. He saw immediatly another person on another hill. He then looked all around him and was surprised that he had sat there for over an hour and didn't noticed his surroundings. Down the hill there was a long, wide lake that had an unstable bridge and a couple large rocks in the water. He then turned around and saw that the village was guarded by a thick wall. The wind suddenly started blowing and 4 lights that were at the bridge revealed themself. Some homeless people had put there cloth on the lights to heat them and dry them. Dethoriac finally opened his eyes and saw a figure, the lights from down the bridge was dim and he only saw a weapon of some sort. He slowly walked down and kept his eye on the weapon while watching not to hit a tree or trip on a rock. He stopped midway and looked at his opponent. He took out Spirit and Holy and got ready.

{{{There are two hills, the path down the hills are covered in trees and rocks. That is the same for both sides. Down the hill there is a wide lake that is strong. It is imposible to swim across and impossible to jump accross unless you had a skill. The rocks in the river are good to stand on but are wet so you will slip if you try to run across. The bridge is unstable and you can not fight on it or it will break. You can slowly make your way across the bridge. You can't run across it unless you take one jump to the middle and jump off breaking the bridge. Unless your a dwarf it won't support your weight in anyway! The lights are not strong and the only area that are clear and easy to see stuff is when your at the sides of the bridge or on it.}}}

Last edited by flame devil on Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Wow, nice job on the area)
(Wait, are you on one of the hills?)

It has been 5 years since Tyzrk's home town was destroyed, and 2 weeks since her hand-built home was burned, (See my training battle for full details) and she has been walking ever since. It has become dark night before she came into this village.

Tyzrk: "Crap! Looks like I'm not gonna have another meal today..."

She decided to stay and sleep somewhere so she can get some food before she leaves again in the morning. She found a lake, and, happily, drank a few handfulls of water, noticing the bridge.

Tyzrk: "Someone should really fix this bridge... Looks like the lake is impossible to swim across."

She walked carefully on the bridge, and climed one of the hills, where she found a figure. She casted a small fire for light.

Tyzrk: (Thinking: "Who would be out at this time?? Wait, he doesn't look... normal.") "Who are you?? Please, give me no reason to harm you."

Even as she said that, she wielded her bladed bow, as she knew the nature of this world.

(Sorry if that looks wierd, it's just my style of writing. It looks just like my story >.<")

(That new skill of yours... Does it affect my fire arrow attacks??)

I only put my name and made it sparkly.

Heart broken: March 20th </3
flame devil
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Uh well I'm on one of the hills and your suppose to be on the other one, o well let the battle continue}

Dethoriac ran down the hill and stopped in front of the bridge. With his eyes still closed and his senses on, he swung Spirit from his left side to his right side in the air. He didn't do this to frighten his opponent instead Spirit hit two things when it was swung in the air. The sound of glass breaking two times was loud and everyone heard it. Dethoriac's staff had indead hit two lamps that were on his side of the river. The light was even dimmer now. He put Holy in front of him to protect himself. Now that his enemy was close enough, Dethoriac senses could see that his opponent was a ranger. He tightened his grip on Holy and concentrated harder sensing every movement made by Tyzrk. Well, I guess there's a first time for everything! He was extremly happy to fight a ranger for the first time. With Holy ready to parry arrows he put Spirit behind him and charged an attack. He tried preventing Tyzrk from seeing any energy coming from his staff because he knew it would give away his direction and spot. He walked a bit forward so he was about half a metre away from the bridge, he knew that he had to break it but even the strong current was too much for Dethoriac to handle.[/i]
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Does your new skill work on my fire arrows? I don't think it should, but I'm just asking.)

Tyzrk: "Crap, I can't see him anymore. Oh well. might've been none of my concern. Then again..."

Tyzrk, frightened, walked cautiosly, trying to not make any sound. She had a tight grip on her bow with her right hand, and the fire was still casted in her left. She then heard the lamps break.

Tyzrk: "That wasn't an accident! Who's there?!?"

Tyzrk found out this wasn't a time to sleep. She started to back away from the area where the lamps broke, facing it, just walking away from it.

Tyzrk: "Please, whoever you are, don't give me a reason to hurt you!"

She then heard a twig snap somewhat close to her. Startled, she also saw a faint light.

Tyzrk: :That can't be my fire..."

She turned off the fire, and quickly grabbed an arrow, loading it. Her eyes almost adjusted to the darkness. She also concentrated mana into the palm of her hand, so she was ready to attack at any time.

Tyzrk: "Where are you? Why are you doing this? Answer me!!

flame devil
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{My sense skill works on you not your arrow but I can sense you attacking or launching an arrow}

{Fine since we both can't agree we are both on one hill fighting and it's dark ok?}

Dethoriac sense the weapon being readied he revealed his glowing staff which was now burning at the tip with fire. He shot the fireball at a nearby tree and let the fire spread. He opened his eyes for a second and the light from the fireball revealed his opponent's face, unlike earlier Dethoriac could only see his opponent's body and not every detail of what his opponent looked like.

Dethoriac hid his identity, he covered part of his face with Holy while putting spirit in front of him to parry attacks. As the fireball went farther from him his vision went back to pitch black. He closed his eyes again and returned to his fire senses.

{You can't just have a fire on your hand. You can't only have it when you are just about to use your fire arrow could a moderator please clarify this}

[TDK Says: What are you talking about? you mean the copncentrated mana thing? that might only be for story or something.]
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(The fire just floating is away now, it's just a plot mover, I'm not gonna use it like that in battle)

The fire suddenly appeared at the tree, startling Tyzrk, but at the same time, sort of gave his position away. She ran towards Dethoriac, now with both hands on the bow. She then double slashed at him. (Double blow, 3 more uses left.) The first went dioganally left-down, starting right. The bow went back up and the second slash went diogannally right down, starting at left. (Sorry if this doesn't make much sense)

Hit-Miss situations:

If the first one hit: It would've parryed the staff out of the way sorta. The second aimed at the chest area

If first missed, but the second hit: She aimed at the leg area with second strike.

If first hit, but second missed: The staff was parryed off. She backed away.

If both miss: Obvious. She backs away.

In any case, she backed away, her bow ready to parry off attacks as well.

(In the hit-miss things, it explains where she's aiming

flame devil
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dethoriac grinned, he was aware of the attack coming. Lowering his shield a little. The blow came fast but lucky for him his weapons were in place. All Dethoriac did was move Spirit into the attacking lane of the first blow. The second blow hit Holy but with much more force then he expected. He was blown back from the attack. He did a backward roll and finished on his foot. There he did something that a stupid person would do. Since he rolled back he was now close to the water. He took Holy and dipped it into the river. When he took it out he held it like a bowl of water while still holding the strap. He threw the water at Tyzrk. While jumping up and towards her. Sorry if I'm being Mr. Niceguy, but I'm not going to release my anger yet because your a lady. I shouldn't hurt girls, that's what my father told me!
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyzrk: "Ack! What the hell was that for??"

Too late. She already noticed.

Tyzrk: "Hey! I can't produce my fire!"

(Fire arrow unable to use for 3 posts, I'll say)
With not much choice, all she was able to do was fire one (1) arrow at Dethoriac predictedly, and ran back.

(Sorry, I can't think of anything more than that. Compared to my chapters, this is grade school stuff. Too short.
Any ways, nice choice on the battlefield. You get a great advantage on the fact that all you have to do is close your eyes and you get a sorta-map of the entire area. You also see all attacks coming for ya... Did you win a strong skill? Cause this is great. I feel as if this is going to be a losing battle to me, or at least a very challenging one...)

flame devil
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Well I was expecting Savros to join this since he has a sense skill too.}

{So your soaked now?}

Dethoriac happily saw the arrow coming at him. It was time to reveal himself. He landed on the ground and jumped up again. The arrow came his right hand. He lifted it only slightly and the arrow struck the middle of Spirit. The fire on the arrow shined brightly for Dethoriac's opponent to see. I am the great Dethoriac. I see that you specialize in fire attacks, well good luck with that Spirit glowed with red light from the fire of the arrow but did not get harmed a single bit. Spirit has gone through hell to reach me. It is immune to all fire that's around me! A little after the attack hit Spirit a blue energy traveled up his arm and up his neck. The energy was stored in his brain and Dethoriac grinned. The brightness of the staff slowly dimmed as he revealed all his body. He didn't reveal all, he still kept Holy ready to Parry a sneak attack from Tyzrk. He opened his eyes a while and said OK lets play fair for a while. Dethoriac had lied about this his right eye closed a little so it looked like it was injured in some way but wasn't. His right eye carefully watched which way Tyzrk was going to go, while his left eye looked as inaccent as possible. By now Dethoriac's anger had been partly released both eyes glowed red and his hair was turning weird. There was a red mark covering the side of his head. It slowly moved closer to the middle of the head and soon Dethroiac's head looked like it was on fire. OK you asked for it! He moved forward slowly and charging a spell on Spirit.
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I didn't put the arrow on fire, I just said I couldn't use it)
(Depends how huge your holy is)

Tyzrk noticed how Dethoriac was coming straight for her. This is my chance! she thought. She changed directions of where she was running, and jumped towards Dethoriac. She then swung her bow around the same way as before, diagonally.

If the both hit: They would be aiming for his left leg, and then the arm/hand that was holding Holy the sheild.

If the first hit only: Only hit his leg.

If second hit only: Aimed for the arm holding Holy.

After that, she backed away, still facing him, preparing an arrow as fast as she could.(I didn't say I fired it yet) (After your post, I can use fire arrow again.) (Double blow now has 2 more uses left)

Tyzrk: "What are you doing here, anyway?? You freak me out..."

flame devil
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dethoriac didn't want Tyzrk to get close to him. He stabbed Holy forward. The huge spike on the shield aimed at Tyzrk's heart. He then used Spirit to stab Tyzrk in the stomach. Before it hit he let a already charged lightning go. It went at increased accuracy (Spell accuracy) at Tyzrk's stomach

{Note that the lightning does extra damage and you jumped at me so you can't just change directions}

{I didn't really block anything I used Holy to attack you and make you back off.}

{Too tired to make a long post today}
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(By the lightning, does it shoot out of the staff, or does it cover staff with lightning?? Right now, I'll go with it shooting out.)

Tyzrk obviously tried to change her direction to get out of holy's way, but got shot with the lightning in the stomach. She fell down to the ground face first before spirit got a chance to do anything. She back flipped, trying to get out of spirit's range. She then noticed she was dry, so she loaded an arrow and setted the tip on fire with mana, aimed it at the arm carrying spirit, and fired.

(Fire arrow now has 4 more uses. I know that this won't work. ><)

(Also note that I got dry berfore I jumped, so lightning didn't kill me. She just didn't notice until after she got hit.)

flame devil
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{wow lightning hit you and your still not that injured/normal? o well I'll let it slip}

Dethoriac saw the arrow coming at him at Spirit. He knew that he could stop it from with Spirit but he needed Spirit at the moment. He ran forward and did a 360. He tried hitting Tyzrk from the side as he turned while blocking the arrow with Holy. The block was unsucessful. The arrow hit lower then he expected and it hit his wrist. The arrow sent many signals to parts of his body. The fire on the arrow didn't spread because when he was holding Holy earlier when it was full of water his hand was in the water to hold the strap. But the pain was there. The attack sent a blue light to his brain. His already red eyes flashed blue for a second. The knowledge of the attack was stored in his head for good. (Spell Research) But shorty after the attack something else came out of the place where the arrow hit. A red liquid oozed out. It slowly creaped it's way up onto Dethoriac's face. It sunk in and Dethoriac yelled in anger. His eyes widened and turned extremly red and his grip on Spirit tightened as he was going to hit Tyzrk. The speed of the attack suddenly increased greatly. His hair looked like it was burning as he attacked. His head was all red and the light from his eyes shown brightly so he could see everything on the hill. He knew that Tyzrk could see everything too but that didn't matter. (Speed Rage) He yelled, I warned you don't make me angry. There's no turning back now, prepare to meet my old friend, DEATH!

Speed Rage-3 more turns
Spell Research-Fire Arrow

[TDK says: Hey FD, who apporved your Spell Research?]
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Woops, forgot to say she backflipped sloppily from pain XP)

Tyzrk easily say his spin, but got cocky and thought she could just simply jump out of the way. She jumped, but didn't notice Dethoriac's change of speed. She got slashed in the left arm, and fell on her face again. She got up, took an arrow, and shot aiming for the leg area. (Doesn't matter which one, you were spinning, so she couldn't get that specific.) After, she tried to get back, but it's obvious that he could've moved before she did. (Cause of the rage)

(Also, do I have to say, "She ran back, but quicker than a normal person. (Swift movement)?" Cause I always have it on, it's just that, should I say it so other people know that I'm running at that speed?)

[TDK saays: Nah, unless the people forget about your move (IE they run faster than you, without considering your spell, you should ]

flame devil
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Only if it's a important part of your attack because it only makes you a bit faster, it's not like because you used that skill you dodge everything}

Dethoriac knew he could not let the arrow be shot. He quickly turned his staff back (Expert Staff Handling) and into the air. There was a regular size rock on the ground. While Tyzrk was getting up he did this. He concentrated on the rock and it started rising. He directed it under Tyzrk and threw it up when Tyzrk was about to shoot. He continued his momentive and continued spinning. After his staff was in the air he again quickly lowered it again and continue another spinning attack this time at the arm that was going to shot the arrow.

{MOST ranger's have to focus to shoot an arrow so I don't think You'll see the Rock unless you stop your attack and look or something}

Levitation-4 more uses
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Maganic Wars Forum Index -> Battle-Grounds All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: