Online Role Playing Games
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BACK TO
MAIN PAGE

The Amazing Maze(Friendly battle-ddr vs jodai)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodai
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: The Amazing Maze(Friendly battle-ddr vs jodai) Reply with quote

Every year since it's inception, the Order of the Mongoose would hold a huge celebration. The Order was comprised of every kinda of lowdown, scruffy thief-type, from the lowliest pickpocket to the highest dirty politician, the Order had it's hands in everything illegal. With everything available to them, the members of the Order grew bored of regular entertainment. From exotic dancers to bloody pit-fights, everything was losing it's interest.

That is when great inventor and part-time thief Demitri Facillus came up with the idea for the maze...a huge, mechanical, magical arena, filled with traps that would leave most adventurers dead in their tracks. Along the edges of the maze were plenty of seats and all throughout the maze were magical mirrors that allowed people to view the action inside the maze. But who would fight in this arena? Most people, as mentioned, would have a hard time just avoiding the hazards of the maze, who could possibly think about defeating an opponent?

So, a call went out. Naturally, it wasn't simply announced on the road side. Those adventurers who proved they were something to behold, brave and cunning, were summoned(or kidnapped, if need be) and brought to the maze. Plague was one of them. A powerful undead warrior, he had proven himself clever and fairly resilient. Plus, if he died, he was merely resurrected as need be!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this is it, huh?

Plague stepped onto a small platform that slowly lifted him to a long, narrow corridor. Two huge, red doors, gilded in gold, stood down the hall. Plague strode calmly towards them. He paused for a moment and adjusted his leather armor, making sure his movement was as free as possible. He touched his boomerang, making sure it was tucked tight in it's holster, which was attached to his armor. A final glance backward would seem like the skeleton was geting second thoughts, but he was merely looking at his newest weapon. The large blade came up a bit over his shoulder and was easily accessible thanks to an odd sort of magnetic connector attached to the back of his armor.

He pushed the doors open and heard a magically amplified voice shout out "THIS IS IT FOLKS! THE MOMENT YOU"VE BEEN WAITING FOR! A BATTLE OF NOT ONLY STRENGTH AND TOUGHNESS, BUT WITS AND CUNNING! RIGHT HERE, IN THE AMAZING MAZE!"

Plague shook his head...this had to be Shlomon's form of a joke, sending Plague to a glorified circus battle. Why had the pull brought him here? He hated having to deal with the thieving lowlives around him constantly. Whoever made up the saying "honor among thieves" had obviously never been around the Order of the Mongoose. Plague actually watched a man steal another man's favorite sword, then offer to sell it back to him. The man paid for the sword with gold he stole from the very thief who had stolen the weapon in the first place! Whatever the reason he was here, he was wasting time contemplating his god's desires or man's stupidity. There was someone in this maze he needed to kill or convert, and he fully intended to come out of this victorious.

(So, how this will work is if you want, you can write a trap you dodge/get injured by and once we get closer to each other, the traps we dodge may affect the other person. Hope you like it ddr, I tried to make it fun!)
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jodai wrote:
(some big rocks would have been cool to throw at ya, hehe but yeah, I enjoyed the fight and I am glad to be a part of DI)

It's been a long time since I read that, and now, we fight again. =D You've improved alot I see. From your training battle, you evolved from a BillyLink to a Deathjet! ^_^ I just hope I'm not too lazy to put up a good post, lol...

===================================================
(I'll post the link to Ranoka's sheet every new page, just for quick reference to it, and also because, it's annoying to go back to the first page for the link, here it is.

http://www.maganicwars.com/forum/ftopic4531.html)

Ranoka was always one with a strange mind. Her moods were always one and off, weather she'd be angry or simply full of smiles. And today was not her day. First off, while she was walking, an underdog attempted to steal one of her belongings. However, she did not have much to begin with, and the thief accidentally almost pulled her garments off. Obviously, this ended in a slow, burning death. Not only that, but someone had offered her to take part in a challenge. A challenge which sounded like some type of game of life and death.

She refused, and that only encouraged the man to gas her. When she awoke, her head ached, she found herself on one side of a maze, and she felt like she was unappropriatly touched while at least three guys where carrying her. Rubbing her blonde haired head, she closed one eye while observing the place. If she had wings, it would probably still be impossible to see this entire maze. It seemed that it had a barrier around the top to prevent anything going higher then the walls.

The walls were tall and dark, Ranoka was barely able to see something like an audience or crowd on the outside with her bright green eyes. Dusting off some of her clothes, she noticed she had some new equipments. This was new. She had never in her life wielded a metal weapon before. There had to be a first time for everything, she presumed. A dagger was attached to both sides of her hip area of her outfit.

She decided that she might want to use these to her advantage along with magic to kill that man, who she remembers with her photographic memory quite well. She unattached the two daggers, and placed them inside her long, wide sleeves, which were able to fit five times the current width of her arms. There was a small string on the dagger's hilts that supported being on her arm, this helped as all she had to do was try them on. After that, she rolled back her sleeves to keep them hidden, and walked forward.

Suddenly, a large blast of noise that Ranoka could only comprehend a voice came out, stating that she was going to fight somebody. Having her hands over her long, elven ears, she could sitill hear that. Deciding it might be fun to fight this whoever-it-was, considering she was forced to, she thought she might as well go along with it, give people a show. Tell people that she's not just a psychopath who's killed many. She hated having people fear her. Then again, she was one who had just killed a thief. "Karma" she calls it.

And with that, Ranoka finally sets off into this maze. Upon entering the maze, she quickly saw three choices of paths to choose. Somehow, she decided to flip a coin. Blondie. She grabbed gold that she took from the dead thief earlier that day, and decided to make good use of it. She leaned over then ended up sitting down on her shins, Japanese Style. Grabbing a small peice of gravel from the ground, she used it to make a flint mark on one side of the gold coin, making it no longer worth anything money wise. She flipped it, and watch it as it soared five feet into the air. "Hmm... Strange, I didn't put much effort in flipping it..." Ranoka thought as she saw the coin ascend. Watching it as it was at it's peak, she was ready to see what choice it would have Ranoka go. Out of nowhere, a spell, what Ranoka called a Lightning spell, came and collided into the coin, making a small explosion.

Covering her face with her arms, she felt a light warmth at first, then heard some chars of what were the coin starting to fall down. "I guess that's what happens when you try to go above the walls..." Putting her arms down and opening her eyes once again, she saw a piece of the coin that hasn't been fried landed, and bounced off, flipping. It landed, and showed it's light, golden side. "Left it is." Ranoka declared. And so, she stood upright, and turned her body towards the left path that the maze revealed to her. Taking a last look at the middle and right paths, as well as the burned remains of her coin, she started her walk.

Ranoka walked through the left path, moving very slowly and cautiously at first, and as time passed, she started to walk at her normal pace. Still, she crept slowly enough so that she could barely hear her own footsteps, yet left her open to hear others's. After walking the left path, which didn't cut into other paths yet, she finally saw one. A fork in the road that is. Now there were only two choices: To go forward, or to go right. This time, she didn't have lady luck choose her path. Only her blonde, psychopathic mind to choose. Yet, luck was still a large factor. Ranoka continued forward.

The walk was quick this time, all she had to do was forward, then take the only direction she could take after that, a turn. After two or more turns, which took only a few minutes, she was at a dead end. "Lady luck must have karma'd me for neglecting her." she sighed. She was about to turn tail and go back the way she came, until suddenly something popped up on the wall to her left. It was a wooden board. Almost screeching, Ranoka jumped back, and in a few seconds, sighed that it was only a wooden board.

Not.

Something white and liquid-like appeared on the board. It turned out it was a ghost of a.. Cat? "Keekeekeekeekekeke..." The cat laughed. It was quite annoying to Ranoka's ears, and it was noticable. She clutched her eyes as she shouted, "Shut up! And how exactly are you a trap?? What can you do to hurt me?"

"Keekekeekekeke..." -Ranoka's ears started to twitch - "I don't have to hurt you, I just have to stalll you..."

"Stall me?"
Ranoka said, gathering interest, "and fer' what?"

"That."

Ranoka looked behind her, and above the walls came a giGANtic spiked mace-like object, swinging and was about to colide with the walls Ranoka was near. Giving a ear-deafening scream, (Probably loud enough for Plague to hear) she jumped and rolled away from the dead end. The spiked mace-like object hit the wall Ranoka was near, and didn't stop. It went and actually tore through the wall that Ranoka would have declared herself dead if she didn't move, the wall the wooden board had appeared on! It tore through the board and wall, and continued until it tore holes in five more walls before disappearing.

Ranoka ran back to the place where the board was. The cat looked like he was hit, some ghost. "Karma!" Ranoka yelled out happily, almost in a teasing way. Laughing, she jumped into the hole the wall had from the mace, and continued on the maze, deciding that she didn't have to turn back after all. Now that she was walking, she had an excellent idea. (I'll edit this out if you want me to, this move is already alot without it)

Ranoka fell onto her shins, sitting again. But this time, she had something different in mind. She closed her eyes and bowed her head down. Her body started to glow a dark blue, her mouth open, muttering incantations so silently that she even had trouble hearing. After reciting the entire passage (Which she had memorized the first time she read it) , the blue aura that surrounded her body started to transform and expand. It was turning into a fog.

Fog, fog, and fog. That's all it was. And it was starting to expand from the starting points of the maze to the very middle innards of the maze, it was covered in a fog that was difficult to see. Weather the audience could see the contestants still through some kind of magic, or if they "Awwed" at them missing their new favorite program, Ranoka didn't care. At least she could see through it almost perfectly fine. She wondered how much 'fun' she had given this other contestant however. She laughed as she continued her walk.

(Fog, uses out. 3 posts of it left)x

(EDIT: Huh.. I coulda sworn it didn't LOOK that big at first. >__> lol, this is the longest post I ever made...)

I only put my name and made it sparkly.

Heart broken: March 20th </3
jodai
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Deathjet? Wow...I don't think I'm that good yet...but I'm certainly trying to go for more than just "I throw my boomerang and I dodge your arrow")

Plague opened the doors and was confronted with...another hallway. This one was dimly lit by torches held in small black sconces. He walked forward, alert and wary, ready for anything to pop out. He reached the end of the hall and his path now branched left and right.

"Hmmm...for now I'll go with the right," Plague said out loud. His voice, the usual scratchy whisper, seemed a shout in the otherwise quiet hallway. This way, the torches seemed to become less frequent. The hallway had been dim before, but now it seemed near darkness. The floor also grew damper as he traveled on, until each step was accompanied by a splashing sound.

I thought these sickos liked to watch the fun. Oh well, their loss. What's with the wet floors? They're gonna get all mildewy...actually, given the smell around the outside of this maze, that might be an improvement. Heh, I've never sm-

A sudden, sharp scream cut off Plague's rambling thoughts. The scream was followed by loud crashes. Plague's natural reaction had been to draw his boomerang with his right hand, ready to launch it at the source of the screeching. But that scream had come from somewhere off to his left.

"Maybe the game was cut short..."Plague said it out loud, hoping that the loud announcer voice would answer with a "THAT'S RIGHT, AND HEEERE'S WHAT YOU'VE WON!" but no such luck. In fact, his voice set off something he had not seen. If Plague had not been distracted by his own thoughts and the screeching of his opponent, who sounded very much like a small child, he would have noticed that the water was now up to his knees. Not only that but there was something in the water...indeed, the skeleton had been lucky so far to not have disturbed the small creatures who called this section of the maze home.

But he just had to say something out loud...he first noticed that the room seemed to be getting brighter. He was happy for a moment, thinking perhaps his opponent had been smashed to smithereens and now they were turning on a spotlight to present the new champion of the maze. That thought fled immediately as he glimpsed the true source of the light. Foot long eels, three in his immediate vicinity, had become agitated at the sound of his voice.

If I'm just seeing them, I'm probably already fried.

That was the last thought Plague had before 1500 volts threw him backwards 20 feet. Luckily for him, skeletons weren't really good conductors, and beside the getting thrown 20 feet, he wasn't too much worse for the wear. He did, however, now smell a bit like burnt cedar.

Well, guess I'll go this way, not that I was really given a choice in the matter...

Plague turned to head off towards where the scream had come from when a fine mist seemed to roll towards him from down the hall. The mist rolled along the ground and then seemed to rise up, obscuring his vision.

Wait, I know this kinda fog...this is magic fog. I wonder if this is a trap fog or my opponent's doing...

Plague hoped the former was true because he was still clinging to the belief that his opponent had been smashed to bits in that first big crash. Nevertheless, he took his weapon, the Black Vendetta, into his left hand. He still had the boomerang ready to throw, too. So it was that he headed forward, through the vision-obscuring fog, eager to be done with this maze and any more of it's dreadful inhabitants.
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranoka finished her incantation, sitting down bowing. Her head slowly raised, her hair going back into her eyes. Strangely enough, she started to pant. "Woah... That took more out of me then I thought it would.." In truth, she was out of practice. She hasn't use her powers to this extent in a while. She probably wasn't going to be able to use this spell again for a while. However, when she stood, blood rushing back to the legs which have been blocked through being sat on, her eyes could very easily see through the fog she has just created. Her vision was very slightly obscured by it. She was relieved by this, at least that was one thing she probably wasn't out of practice on.

She continued to walk forward, until she heard footsteps. It sounded like whoever was there, he or she were walking through water. The footsteps stopped, followed by a sound of shock. Litterally. Jumping back almost, she pressed her back against the wall she was near, which had just ended revealing a corner turn. Her ears leaned over towardes the turn, trying to hear anything else. "Did that get him allready..? Aww snap!" Ranoka thought happily. That is until, she heard footsteps once again. "Aww snap!"

Right when she heard the footsteps, she tried to infer what type of fighter this guy or girl was. She heard, in conjunction with the man's feet, a sword being drawn. "A sword... I have to get away then. He's gonna try to get close, which I don't like." Ranoka then looked behind her. There was a small gap which supposedly suggested that it was the beggining of another pathway. Though she doubted that the main fight would take place anywhere else aside from here.

Ranoka then came up with an idea. Doubting it would work, she went for it anyway. Taking a deep breath, Ranoka shouted as hard as she could, "HEY WHOEVER YOU ARE, I AIN'T A-SCARED OF YOU!!" She then ran in place, making large footsteps which are clearly hearable. Eventually, she slowed down her run, making the footsteps sound lighter and more faraway. She then looked behind her. There was a seperate path all the way down the 'hall' of this line path. That would sure fool him. Stopping, she silently sled towards the nearer path gap, hiding as good as she could in the fog.

Ranoka now raised her arms and gathered mana, just in case she was found. However this time she gave no aura, nor incantation. Just stood there with her arms out, looking at the gap which would soon reveal the whoever-it-was. It was going to prove difficult finding Ranoka in her position, if the enemy probably gave good effort and tried looking for her particularly at that area, s/he might find her, but most cases that won't happen to the unwary opponent. (Unless of course s/he isn't so unwary) Ranoka on the other paw had the upper hand purely for her ability to see in her own fog. She awaited and let fate decide what was to happen next.

(Fog: 2 left I think)

jodai
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plague moved throught the fog easier than most would. The moisture and the cold meant nothing to someone with no flesh to prickle up in goosebumps. He was confident that if there was someone in his path, he would at least be able to make out there form at the same time as they did his, barring his opponent having incredible sight. Now that that occurred to Plague, he hesitated for a moment. What if they could see him but he couldn't see them? No, the fog was a cowardly magic trick. As if on cue, he heard a voice coming from only a bit further down the path.

"HEY WHOEVER YOU ARE, I AIN'T A-SCARED OF YOU!!"

Taunting me?! Who would be dumb enough...I really must be fighting a child. How odd. I thought I merited a little more of a challenge. A tough martial artist, a stealthy ninja or maybe that weird little elven ranger I met so long ago...anybody else! But a child? I'm no good with kids. Oh well, I guess that will make this an easier battle.

Plague thought all of this as he started running towards the sound of that pesky voice. He could hear the child (it sounded like a girl, but all children sound like girls in Plague's opinion) running off as he ran towards her. He shook his head. He knew she would only tire herself out. The kid seemed to be getting further away, even as he picked up speed towards her. Running so fast through a maze of deadly traps and Shlomon-knows-what-else was not a good plan.

As if in response to his thoughts, Plague stumbled on a small, stone step. Just as he stumbled, the steps seemed to stop. He fell forward, but quickly caught himself before he actually hit the ground. Looking around in embarassed confusion, he realized that the entire Order of the Mongoose had just seen him trip like some rookie fighter trying on new boots.

When I find that little punk, I'm gonna-

Again, the maze seemed to respond to his thoughts. A shadowy figure was cowering in the corner, or at least, Plague assumed it was cowering. The fog obscured any true view of whatever it was that was there. For the moment, it seemed to be a very large, dark lump of something. The fog shifted slightly.

Could it be?...yes!

His opponent was standing against the wall. Plague assumed the fear had taken ahold of the child once she realized she was in the presence of an undead warrior. If he had a face, he would be smiling. But, again, the maze seemed to respond to him, only this time, in a negative way. A jet of flame shot up from the floor right in front of him! The skeleton did not need nerve endings to know that the fire was incredibly hot; he could tell by the way it cut through the fog and brightened the room. He jumped backwards and was again nearly blasted by a jet of fire. This time as he jumped backwards, he turned in the other direction and began running for all his life...err, death...uh...he ran away real fast. Bolting down the hallway, Plague let loose a sudden raucous laugh that echoed down the hallway.

The child is probably scared out of her wits! If I don't catch up to her again, I'm sure the maze will take care of her for me. Ha! I can't believe I get paid for this!
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranoka had her arms out towards the main path of the maze line. As the footsteps got closer, louder, more clear, Ranoka started to have second thoughts. "Wait... I need further info about this guy... I know nothing, other then he has a sword, and he must be pretty peeved right now." She got her further info. First, she heard the footsteps stop. Then a "Ka-lunk!" Did he trip? The little girl was left simply trying to hold in a giggle. That is of course, until the guy showed up right in front of her. "Gyah!!" She yelped at a 'Wow, you're ugly' tone. She had one statement on her mind that she really wanted to say. However, (Dispite all the bad acted out English Anime and stuff) it takes some BALLS to crack jokes at someone who's trying to commit homocide. Especially to one as ugly as this guy. "How the hell does Tyzrk do it all the time?! Tyzrk must be pretty brave, or she's dumber then me!" Gulping, she said what she wanted to say, with her hands out, almost shooting out a spell.

Finding a courage that's simply a mixture of immaturity and stupidity, she said very boldly, "My, we're all not beauty contest winners, aren't we?" It seemed as if the pissed off guy was about to strike, with a sword, as Ranoka infered a few ago. However, some type of trap has both saved Ranoka and blocked the zombie. A fire pillar sprouted and blasted back Plague. Taking her chance, Ranoka stood out of the pathway and on the main one. "I'd ask for his name and everything, but it looks like all this guy wants to talk about is killin' me, 'specially after throwing it out at him."

Suddenly, Ranoka's vision started to get better. "Oh no... Oh well, we've met already, there's no need for fog now.. 'Cept to block out the vision of this ugly dude." But, as the fog cleared and soon disappeared, Ranoka didn't see any trace of her enemy. This worried her. All of a sudden, she felt like she was captured in a fog, and that the 'dude' can see her, but she couldn't. She then looked at her choices in continuing the maze, as there seemed to be no other thing to do so far. She continued by going to her right, and turning at the nearest point, keeping a mana charge near ready, in case something should show up.

(Yes, this one is called a 'rush post' O= I'm about to be yelled at if I don't get off the computer now. TT_TT Waaah.)

jodai
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wandering through the maze, Plague couldn't help laughing. This was hardly fair. If not for the unexpected fire trap, he most likely would have destroyed his opponent then and there. She must have been a skilled acrobat or something. Sometimes, the Order chose people more for their agility than their fighting prowess. Watching a really talented escape artist duck and dodge through traps was as entertaining as watching a couple of ogres scrap it out only to see them both go down thanks to a well-placed guillotine trap. He tucked his boomerang back into it's small holster attached to his armor. He returned Black Vendetta, the dark weapon bestowed to him by Shlomon himself, to it's place on his back. A small rumbling, as if the walls themselves were shaking loose, caught Plague's attention immediately.

That can't be good...

Backing up slowly, Plague looked all around him, in search of the source of the noise. He stopped for a moment...were the walls shaking? How odd...well, the best thing to do would be to just keep moving forward. The rumbling got louder, as if large stone gears were turning. Suddenly, there was a huge crash behind him. Plague turned to find a solid wall behind him. The walls were cclosing up! He leaped backwards, falling onto his bony behind in a desperate escape attempt. He was fully aware of the kind of trap he had somehow sprung. Another section of the walls smashed together, left and right coming to meet in the middle, exactly where he had been standing! He dragged himself backwards, Black Vendetta making a scraping sound as he scooted away on his hands and rolled sideways just in time to avoid another section of the walls come slamming together. He pulled himself up and took off, recklessly sprinting away from the smashing wall trap.

He ran like a man possessed, or rather, a skeleton possessed. The sound of stone slamming into stone grew fainter as he came to a branch in his path. To the left, there was the smell of something burning...Plague stood still for a moment, pondering the fact that he could smell without having a nose. For that matter, he could hear without ears and speak without lungs or any sort of vocal organ. In the same way Shlomon allowed him pain, perhaps these other senses were allowed. Or maybe, it was he who controlled the senses. He could sometimes ignore pain, if he chose to. But he always thought that had more to do with being a warrior. Sometimes, though, he could ignore smells or sounds, as if he were turning off the distractions in order to focus on the task at hand. Dark magic was a confusing thing, being a reanimated skeleton brought up so many questions...

Now is not the time. Focus on the task at hand!

Pulling himself back to from the figurative maze that was his thoughts back into the very literal maze that he was currently a denizen of. He decided to take the right path, since nothing seemed to out of the ordinary. He hoped he ran into that little girl soon; this place was starting to take it's toll on him. No matter how tough you were, randomly getting nearly burned, smashed or electrocuted would have an effect on you eventually. Only a psychopath would enjoy wandering the maze.
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(lol, three day limit I lose Crying or Very sad Anyways, it's after my Spring Break, so guess what's happening to my beautiful activity...)

And a psychopath Ranoka was. After running away from the zombie, which was probably the only thing freaking her out, she decided to have fun with the maze. She ran form the opposite direction she saw the bone guy ran off to, and after a while, she was running around, giggling like a little girl. Which, not so surprisingly, she was. Ranoka looked at the currect forks for her to take. There was forward, which seemed to split into two other forks in a matter of a few steps, The left which would take an immediate curve, and the right which seemed to go in a straight, single line. Ranoka, liking simple right now, took the right path.

Walking and walking, she was relieved to not see that undead, and were surrounded by these stone, harmless walls.... Oof! She tripped. Sometimes, Ranoka can be unwary, careless, and 'butterfingers' when she's not paying attention. Even then, she wouldn't have tripped unless she was forced over something. As she got up, opening one eye to look over, she found out that her foot that made her trip was tripped over a tile. What she didn't notice was that the tile was sunken from her step! She got up dusting off her clothes, which seemed to be getting real dirty htis evening. Shaking her head to get the blonde hair out of her eyes, she decided to continue forward, hoping it wouldn't end in a dead one.

How ironic...

Ranoka suddenly heard strange noise in front and behind her. Although to a normal human it would have probably sounded like the noises came form either their sides and they were far away. But the elven ears didn't let her down. A third rumbling sound was heard far away from her. She lost interest of the third one, but the first two were something worrysome. All of a sudden, she looked in the path in front of her, a wall was moving, towards her! She looked behind her, ready to make a run for it, when she saw another wall coming. And to her sides were the maze's natural walls. Harmless. What shit. Ranoka quickly had a flashback to where she flipped the coin high into the air, only to see it be blasted and burnt. Meaning if Ranoka jumped too high, she would too be blasted. She only needed to be barely higher then the walls to get away from this trap, but Ranoka wondered if even that was too high.

Even for Ranoka, she had to risk and was unsure. Gulping in her fear, she spat out her bravery. She looked high above her to see something rolling. And it seemed that it was a gear, one of many which would soon be visable to her. They were moving a single rope, which appearantly, had to be some contraption altogether to move these walls. Should Ranoka be correct, her following plan would save her life. If not, curses. Ranoka realized she hasn't used a single attack spell yet, and that is quite good, she has to conserve or else she'll run out only too soon. Concentrating mana, as well as trying to calm down, Ranoka looked at the single rope which had to be supporting this trap. She looked at it with utmost concentration, and squinted. A red aura of mana gave off of her outline, her green bright eyes turning into a molten orange for a split second. Once that split second ended, the girl blinked and the rope suddenly bursted into flames.

A spark in particular flew off the rope, which cut in half by the way, and landed far behind the wall which was in front of Ranoka, and was only getting closer. Behind this wall was a large pillar on it's side which was pushing the wall forward. The pillar however was the landing mark of the spark and the pillar suddenly bursted in flames as quickly as the rope did. The pillar burned, and the weight of the wall leaned back on the pillar. The pillar, now weak from the fire, snapped and was now lopsided. The wall was now leaned over, having the wall's 'floor' part and part of the pillar as it's standing support. It continued it's journey towards Ranoka, but slowed down dramatically, and only kept on slowing. It continued, and stopped fully right at Ranoka's feet. Smiling, Ranoka started to run on the wall, which was slanted, therefore, she had a safter chance going over it, away from the second one. The second one stopped and simply was petrified, as the rope moving it had broken.

Ranoka, glad of her success, started to walk forward more. After a few minutes of walking, Ranoka heard a similar rumbling again. She was half surprised and half excited. Surprised as this came when Ranoka was walking happily, keeping her noise level down in case she heard the undead agian, and excited as she wondered what trap were to come next. A portion wall on the side, not from her front and back this time, all the way at the end crashed quickly into the wall opposite. Not like last time, where it slowly came together. Bam! Like that. And then, a small portion of the wall just next to the one which had just ejected blasted in a similar way. The next copied the last, and it kept on going like that.

Ranoka's eyes widened, if you were close enough, you would be able to see her green eyes flash a little. She was surprised at first, and then started to make a freaken' run for it. She ran, giving a yell rather then a scream, a large, "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" was heard throughout the arena. Running with her arms behind her, she ran forward. She didn't care where, just away from the walls which were catching up to her in a way. Her arms still had the daggers attatched to them, making her weighed down at that area. Running with the classic arms swinging motion would only tire her out quicker. After her yell, and a few pants, she started giggling while she was running away from the ejecting walls. After a few seconds, Ranoka actually started to burst into laughter, not slowing her down at all somehow. She actually smiled, in conjunction to her cackling! Ranoka had to be enjoying this, no one in their right minds would smile, let alone be amused by all this to be laughing while running for your life. Ranoka is however, in her right mind. However right it could be.

(Flame (You forgot I used this, didn't cha? Wink ) 2 more uses)

jodai
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A commotion off to his right alarmed Plague. He had just endured deadly life ending trap number three and was desperate to prove three is, in fact, a lucky number. The only logical source of the commotion was the girl he should have killed a long time ago. Smashing sounds, very similar to what he had heard when he had nearly been crushed, followed by more smashing, and then...cackling? Maniacal cackling? Well, this was a twist. Usually, he was the one cackling maniacally and he would not stand for anyone getting in a good cackle while he just wandered around aimlessly!

He drew Black Vendetta again in a smooth motion, and the weapon felt good to hold in his right hand. He moved towards the source of the sound and came to another branching path. One way went towards a really odd smelling hallway and the other was a large, round room with an exit all the way on the other side of the room. Plague chose the less smelly and much more open room to wander through, since it had the additional bonus of being closer to the ruckus caused by(he imagined) the little girl wandering around giggling like a demented freak. He stepped into the room. Everything appeared to be pretty normal. He headed towards the other side, wary for random things popping out of the wall or the ground. When he reached the exit without incident, he was almost disappointed.

Luckily, the sound of the girl's crazy laughter was getting closer. He stepped out of the room and turned right. Another branching path. This maze was getting old. As he moved forward, he heard an odd shifting sound, like metal scraping stone. It was definitely an important sound, but the girl was close, and she ranked highest on his list of priorities. He headed towards the fork in his road and looked down the side she seemed to be coming from. She was right down this hall! She was running from a similar trap to the one he had just escaped, but she had put plenty of distance between her and the trap. Now she was probably just running for the fun of it. He stepped out into the hall.

"Hey little girl!" He was doing his best scary voice, a gravelly whisper he had used to frighten trained fighters. Surely it would work on this kid. No problem."Did you miss me?" He drew his boomerang and launched it towards her, a tricky looking move since he used his left hand to grab the boomerang, which was on his right, and toss it towards the girl in one smooth motion.

I won't miss you... He thought, confident that he would land his attack. What could a dumb kid do against an undead warrior?

Last edited by jodai on Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranoka was having a great time, she was slowly turning into her psychopathic self, where she takes danger as a toy for fun. Laughing, smiling, running, having the time of her life, it was rudely interupted. Rather quickly, might I add. The blonde looked in front of her to see the undead appear out of nowhere. A few minutes ago she seemed freaked out about him. But that was she was imagining this opponent to actually be alive. When it turned out to be an undead, she sort of got scared. Well, now that she got used to the ugly face, along with her turning psychopathic, she didn't really care about that. "Why look," Ranoka said, "lil' Jimmy's back!" At this point she really didn't care about what she said.

The undead quickly took attack position, (lol) and instead of using his sword, he instead reached over and grabbed a boomerang and threw it. With his left hand. Stupid. Ranoka looked behind her. The walls were catching up, and if she were to dodge the boomerang, it would go through the next pair of walls, and then come back to Plague, no problem. So she had to make one. She retreated her arms to normal position, starting to run like a normal person now. Ranoka gave her one hundred percent concentration on the boomerang, squinting until it was the only thing in her vision.

Ranoka's outline started to form again. A red aura started to form around her as she ran. Running straight for the boomerang, Ranoka closed her temporarily bloodened eyes. As the walls and boomerang got closer to her, she flung her eyes open, making her spell take action. The boomerang instantly caught on fire, making it fly off track. It was originally going for her stomach area, but now it was going for her... Face?! Ranoka saw this and immediately knew what to do.

She jumped! She jumped not so high, but it looked as if she was ready to high five the boomerang or something. Then, she struck her right foot out, landing and actually sliding. She started to slide low and far below the boomerang. She looked as if she was sliding for home plate or something. Eventually, Ranoka slid between Plague's legs and got up behind him before he was able to do anything. "Ooooh I sure missed ya'll right." She started. "An' I'm gonna miss ya some more!" Ranoka started to run off the way Plague arrived, snickering. She knew that Plague was standing right at the end of the hall, where the last three or four walls would crash. If he wasn't to react quickly enough, he might get a bit thinner then he already is.

[Flame: 1 more use]

jodai
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, a magic-user...

Cursing his luck and the fact that he wasn't able to figure it out sooner, he watched as his favorite weapon caught on fire. Realizing she must have been the one behind the earlier fog, he became slightly worried. How powerful could she be? Even if she looked like a child, it might be an illusion or some sort of magical spell to keep her young. Whatever the case, she had the power to create fire, and that alone was a danger in itself.

Did she call me lil Jimmy?

Realizing she must just be some sort of child prodigy, he shook his head. She dodged his flaming boomerang with an elaborate maneuver. He watched her jump, wondering what exactly she was going to do next. She slid forward...towards him. More confused than anything, he stared at her as she slid through his legs. He twisted to watch her and saw her run off towards the room he had just come from. He turned, giving chase. Even though he could easily afford a new boomerang, just the utter disrepect of destroying someone else's weapon made him want to string her up by her pointy little ears.

Wait, pointy little ears?

Now it was all coming together. She was an elf. He HATED elves! As he entered the room, he saw another thing he hated. Spikes. All along the wall, spikes jutted out. The once peaceful-looking room now appeared as if someone had turned a porcupine inside-out. But instead of little quills, there were huge metal spikes, about three feet long. This was definitely the source of the earlier scraping noise he had heard as he exited the room. The spikes were wide enough for him or the girl to step on, and he doubted either could impale themselves unless they were forced into one of them. This trap, he decided, must have been made for death matches between ogres or something... Regardless, the spikes weren't moving but the girl was. She was still running away from him and he gave chase, hoping she stopped soon so he could get to fighting the way he was good at, up close and personal.
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blonde elven girl ran, ran, and continued to run. Eventually, they went into a room which had spikes on the parallel walls. Which was wierd. There were spikes on ONLY the left and right walls. Behind and in front of her she saw exits. Sadly, the one behind her was occupied by 'Lil' Jimmy', who seemed to be pushed into a homocidal rage. Seeing the only choice she had, she continued to run. The undead held in his right hand his sword, which Ranoka had heard earlier. This guy just screams out "Oh shit". I mean "Warrior of some kind". Of course, even Ranoka knows that if a mage and a warrior had fought at a close range, the warrior would most likely win. So she had to be cheap and throw spells as far away as possible.

The girl thought for a second, closing her eyes in the middle of her run. Then, she got it. Smirking, Ranoka ran with her eyes closed. She was forced to use a spell she hasn't used in a while. An aura formed again, this time, it was a bright blue. She opened her eyes, which glowed in comparison with her aura. Her right hand clutched into a fist, and in a split second, the aura disappeared. Her eyes changed back to their original color, her spell was executed. (No, not like that, idiot)

Five feet in front of Plague, and a little bit to the left, water started to form in the air. It spun in a counter clock-wise motion, slowly turning into a cone shape, gathering more particles of water. Then, after a bright shine, the cone quickly froze. It was a sharp, light, sharp, and sharp ice shard. It formed while he continued running, and right when Plague was near, it shot forward. Either Plague would get hit from the side, or jump and impale himself on the wall trying to dodge the ice shard. Or something unforetunate to Ranoka, in which the event would most likely end. Him dodging it through some kind of lucky shot.

Either way, Ranoka took her chance and began running again. Cheapass. But she didn't care if she was cheap, she had to be. She's a mage, of course, and this is most likely what every mage does. At least, any mage with no decent weaponry. Ranoka felt her mana starting to fade. What was wrong with her? Either this stage makes it so that more mana is required to make spells, or she is really out of practice. Oh well. Out of practice or not, she could still run. So she did. She exited the room, running and coming to a fork in the road again.

Ranoka stopped for a brief moment. Catching her breath, she had to make her desicion quickly. The undead was after her, and she's come to the conclusion that range was best. She couldn't afford to pick the wrong path. She took the branch to the left, running as quickly as magely possible. Unforetunately for her, the path took a quick turn, leading her to a dead end. Her ears drooped down, and she looked behind her, hoping she wasn't about to see what she didn't want to...

(Ice Shard: 2 more uses)

jodai
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The elf was nearly in his grasp. If she went the way he had come from, it would lead to a dead end. Perfectl. Then he could smash her to pieces and be done with this ridiculous game. As she bolted towards the door, she glowed for a moment. Blue this time, he noted. He slowed down for a moment. A swirling mass of blue particles formed off to his left. He moved forward, staring warily as the mass seemed to be forming something. As he moved towards the exit, the water chose a form. A sharp form. As if it was really necessary, another spike was created in a room full of spikes. Only this one was moving towards him!

If he dodged to much to either side, he would end up stabbing himself. If he jumped, it was likely the spike would hit him anyway, just lower. An idea occurred to him and he nodded. All of this happened in slow motion to him, each thought discarded due to it's failed logic until he came to a final choice. The shard was inches away when Plague shifted his right arm, bringing it up in an effortless motion until it rose to his left shoulder. His blade had sliced the ice shard in two and the pieces deflected easily to his right and left, coming to a stop with a crash against the wall behind him.

Plague nodded his head again in satisfaction. He exited the room and entered the hall, looking off toward where the girl had run. He knew that was where he had come from, a dead end. He moved toward it and as he turned the corner, he saw exactly what he wanted. The elf was staring at a blank wall, her ears drooping in a sad expression. She turned to look behind her and he raised his weapon, ready to attack.

"Any last words?" he asked, his voice a low evil whisper.
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranoka looked straight into the eyes of whatever eyes Plague had. "Last words?!" Ranoka yelled. "What kind of retarded threat was that? Oh well... Lemme try... CHARMELIA, HELP ME YOU GODDAMNED BITCH!" And with that taunt, Ranoka went right to a plan she had previously thought of. From the look of that wall.. Plague's hieght... It should work. Charging up blue mana once more, her aura started to form, and Ranoka turned tail towards the wall. From her previous knowledge, anything that went about eight inches above the walls were zapped outta the sky. Well, considering Plague's hieght, Ranoka should just be able to get over him.

Ranoka started to JET towards the wall, running at speeds which she didn't seem like she wanted to slow anytime soon. When she got up to the wall, she set her foot over the floor, and stomped heavily on the wall. She continued her run in this way, actually running up the wall! At about twenty inches before the top of the wall, Ranoka leaned forward a bit, and with the pressure built in her legs, she jumped off, blasting off in a Jackie Chan style stunt.

Flipping through the air, Ranoka concentrated her mana and less on her airborne-stunts (Even though she continued to flip around). Her blue aura quickly glowed for a second, and in a few, another ice shard formed, but in Ranoka's hands. Since she was sort of balled during the flipping, Plague would probably not notice the ice shard in her hands, however, he might notice the aura which has disappeared. Then again, Ranoka shot off so fast he was probably still looking at the wall which Ranoka was now absent.

(Ice shards: 1 more)

(Man I am wasting my spells a bit too fast >.<)

Ranoka now behind Plague, threw the ice shard in a spinning motion towards Plague's left shoulder blade. She landed, giving a confident "Hmph! as she started to run off. Ranoka wondered a few things on the way of her run. "What.. What the hell in the last five seconds just happened!? How's that guy doing with his bones? I bet he needs to drink a little more milk after that hit. Lastly, why am I still trying to mess around in this place?! Wait, nevermind that lest question, I'm having fun!"

(You remember this attack? You better!)

jodai
No secrets for me in MW
No secrets for me in MW

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(lol of course I do!)

Plague had a feeling of deja vu as he watched the small elf girl run towards the wall. He aslo noted the glow around her was blue. Based on her earlier attack, that meant another ice spike was going to be forming. The deja vu feeling grew as she ran up the wall and flipped over him. His head tilted back to watch as she spun over his head. Then she was beyond his field of vision. He looked forward for a moment, trying to see where the ice would be coming from. Just as he was spinning around to face his opponent, something small and sharp pierced the armor covering his left shoulder. If he hadn't spun when he did, the small spike might have severed his left arm, but due to the spin, it merely left a large hole in his armor. Still, Plague was annoyed.

"Hey! Do you think armor just grows on trees?" He yelled as he faced the girl. She was already running off again. Cast a spell, then run. Typical magic-user. Those guys were always cowards.

"COME BACK HERE YOU LITTLE CHEAPASS!" Plague was irritated now. She ahd torn his armor, burnt his boomerang and he hadn't even managed to land a hit. To top it all off, she seemed to be enjoying herself! He, however, was getting more and more miserable. For the first time in the fight, he faced the prospect of losing. Obviously, he would just be resurrected. But how could he live with himself if he lost to a little girl? It was time for a drastic measure.

His shadow, cast off to his left by a small magical glow-orb, began to shift even as he stood totally still. At first it seemed to bubble, then it shook, as if the glow-orb were a flickering flame. Finally, it stood up, a completely black man-shaped creature. A shade, or Plague's pet, more precisely. It waited for his command.

"LET'S GO!" Plague shouted. With a snarl, he gave chase, not sure where the little elf girl was running exactly but sure he could catch up. The shade moved along with him, a tangible shadow ready to do whatever it's master commanded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Maganic Wars Forum Index -> Battle-Grounds All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: