Online Role Playing Games
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BACK TO
MAIN PAGE

3rd Tournament, Final Round: Tyzrk versus Jaedin
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Maganic Wars Forum Index -> "The King of Darkness" Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathjet
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

Location: Hideing behind a mask of sanity and a vail of ignorence.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: 3rd Tournament, Final Round: Tyzrk versus Jaedin Reply with quote

The sun was just beginning to appear over the horizen. The areana was still lit by torches as their dull flames cast ominous shadows on the ground. An early morning mist coverd the ground just light enough for dramatic effect. Rain clouds could be seen off in the distance approaching slowly.
The areana was about 70 yards in circumfrance. It was made of minerals strong enough to withstand the force of the titans often found participateing in the tournament. Then all the walls given a marble plaiting. Protecting the seats barbed metal bars rose high into the sky with an advanced Gnome tech shield just behind them.
The ground was covered in a thin layer of soft dirt. Just thin enough to hide the many traps. The traps included spiked pits, arrows that shoot out of walls, high riseing pillars, falling walls, and more.
Ornate crimson painted doors opened on each end of the circular areana. The two contenders walked in fully healed and refreshed after their previous bouts against other adversaris. The crowed roared in an explosion of cheering and anticipation.
Behind the fighters the doors slammed shut creating a loud *boom* that quickly silenced the areana. A loud, booming, nonotone, disembodied voice spoke a few short before the fight began, "Welcome fighters. You have fone well to get this far, but now one of you must fail. May your fight be victorious and entertaining for the crowd."
And with that, the crowed once again roared drowning out all other sound. It was time for the fight to begin.

((DDR posts first)))

Last edited by deathjet on Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Dj, I think you got the numbers wrong. It's the third tourney, fourth round. Very Happy But meh)
Thanks for pointing that out.
- Deathjet

A familiar face to the crowd entered the ring. It was a fairly tall, teenage elven girl with a mass arsenal on her back. Along with her was a small glowing orb, which was her pet, a Forest Sprite. Her name was known pretty loudly throughout the tournament, namely because she was the first to ever battle a fight in the tourney through the entire time limit. Other contestants at this tournament and those of the last tourney all won with forfeits and such. Although on the third round, she didn't fight. The guy on the third round didn't show up. He was disqualified. Well, Tyzrk was quite happy. She deserved a break after fighting some zombie warrior dude in the middle of a desert at midnight. And fighting some potion raid alchemist with floating meteors around.

Honestly, Tyzrk didn't expect herself to see this arena in this perspective. She would most likely be sitting in the crowd right now, cheering against the guy she lost against. And now, here she is. Looking into the eyes of the audience, who were cheering loudly at the ranger who fought two complete battles in a row. Peering into the crowd, she saw a familiar face: Illithian! Along with all her clan mates. Suddenly, a wave of inspiration took over her. She couldn't help a smile at them; eyes gleaming into the crowd.

She had made it so far ever since she had entered the world of Darkness Incarnate. She started her own clan of retards, befriended a Forest Spirit, which suddenly downgraded to a Forest Sprite, she had blacksmiths smith up special bows, and she learned a mass of techniques. And now, she stood in a corner of the King of Darkness's final round arena. Even though some people randomly discriminated her at random times, she would never give such a thing up for the things she used to do in her young life.

Getting straight to business, she tapped the ground with her shoes. It seemed pretty soft. Traps and such could be laid aside. She knew this from her hunting days. She would always lay traps under soft soil and dirt, in which harder ground would prove more difficult to try to plant something in there. She then looked at the walls. Smart. They made some barrier to protect the crowd. Obvious, but smart. She continued to look around until she heard a second wave of cheering. Apparently, her new opponent had arrived into the stadium. She quickly looked up, resulting in some of her hair bouncing and going into her eye. After shaking her head some, she had a clear sight of which was her opponent.

He seemed to be a ninja. Tyzrk used to see ninja all the time before. But this guy... Something was different. He seemed a lot more powerful then those ninja she had seen before. His sleek clothing obviously stated him being a ninja. But it just seemed that he had lots of potential. She definitely had to be careful.

As the man walked in, Tyzrk too clapped along with the crowd. She decided she might as well give a warm greeting before brawling each other's gums out. As the crowd quieted, Tyzrk spoke to the man. "Hello." Tyzrk started as she slowly walked towards him. "It seems we've both ended in the final round. Congrats to you, and all. The name's Tyzrk, your's?"

I only put my name and made it sparkly.

Heart broken: March 20th </3
leboyX
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I think our characters should know one another a bit, don't you? I'm not just some random ninja, and you aren't some random ranger, right? Smile).

Boom

Boom

Boom

Boom

- - - - - - - - - - -

Silent and grave, his head bowed and his hands at idly at his side, Jaedin stood, awaiting the event he longed for deep in his soul. A thrill rushed through his body as his stomach turned itself into a lump of lead with all the adrenalin that was pumping through his blood. All around, the hall was dark; dark as the death he had once trudged through, so long ago, to bring himself back into life. With each resounding wave of applause, cheering, and the occasional giant hammering at a bass drum, the air around Jaedin shook, as if he could literally feel the energy around him. It was true, he had made a pact to get here - a pact with a devil, of sorts - but he didn't care. He was here.

At his side, sitting patiently by his master's right hand, was the ever-faithful Trinix. He too, recognized the solemn nature of this event: his traditional, panting, happy-go-lucky face was gone. Though invisible in the Void which they now occupied, Trinix was as still as his master, staring steadfastly at the small slit of light which was now appearing between the two giant iron doors that would lead them into the final battle arena.

-

For a moment, walking into the ring, time slowed down and sped up at the same time. Now, Jaedin was as he had been before, but outside, within the confines of the arena. Their, high above, protected by Gnome Tech technology, hundreds of thousands of people cheered and hooted in low, loud voices as he walked and his opponent walked into sight. Low, thin mist, swirled around Jaedin's feet as he brought himself to a halt with his companion to soak in the noise of the stadium. The sun's light cast shadows over parts of the arena, as it's high walls sometimes blocked out the sun. In the distance, clouds were looming closer: a storm might meet this battle before long.

And now, it was time to look his opponent straight in the eye. Before he had time, though, he - or, in this case, she - had taken to conversation at once.

"Hello. It seems we've both ended in the final round. Congrats to you, and all. The name's Tyzrk, your's."

Ignoring the elf's blatant grammatical errors, for this girl's form could betray nothing less than the physical components of an elf, Jaedin responded in good humor:

"Greetings, Tyzrk," he began, "though I would think that neither of us are strangers to the other. My name is Jaedin. My friend beside me is Trinix, though I doubt names will be of much consequence. I congratulate you as well, as venturing this far into the DI tournament is not for the amateur."

Tyzrk's slow approach gave Jaedin an internal start; his body felt a red flag going up that was warning him. He responded by slowly moving to his right, Trinix tailing close behind. Simply, he was circling the arena about Tyzrk's position, as a radi around the focus of a cirlce might. As he did, Jaedin took note of the glowing orb that circled hesitantly by Tyzrk's head (I'm assuming Smile).

A pet? Looks like I'm not the only one...

"You seem eager to start, my friend," Jaedin continued with a characteristic 'ninja-smirk', "Or am I being overly presumptuous?"
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Circling my head?? o_O That seems pretty weird lol. No, the Forest Sprite simply floats a few feet off the ground and behind Tyzrk a little when they are just walking around.)

It took a few seconds for Tyzrk to realize that she was creeping towards Jaedin. After finding that out, Tyzrk immediately stopped and started to smile. "Whoops." Tyzrk laughed. "I'm just a bit.. Thrilled, you know?? It's not everyday you are in the finals of such a tournament." The crowd hushed each other to pick up every word of the two finalists. The elven girl didn't want to do anything yet. She had to know as much of the opponent as visually possible. She knew there were somethings he keeps hidden, as the element of surprise is one of the greatest of them all. Tyzrk uses the power of surprise not too often herself.

She first looked at his character shee- I mean, his weaponry. The first thing she noticed was his pet. It was a wolf, and a deadly one, from her perspective. It stood still, waiting for orders. Both Tyzrk and Xhercfa had to watch out; Tyzrk cannot afford to get a beat down by both of them, and as a Forest Sprite, Xhercfa cannot do anything physically. Also, her powers can only be used very sparingly. If they needed an edge in this battle, the first thing they'd want to do is to get rid of or hinder the wolf. Then again, they do not know much of the wolf and the ninja, other then mainly it's a wolf and a ninja.

Then, Tyzrk remembered something. The opposing side does not now about them either. Except it's some glowing ball thingey and it's a female. They did not know of their attacks, their strategies (Whatever of it they had) , and their powers. She smirked as she knew that Jaedin must have been thinking the same thing she was know, "What the hell can they do??" But she knew one thing, they had to be pretty freaken' good to be in the finals. No matter what she had to watch her back... What if this ninja played like Illithian? Always going for the back where it was hard to react and dodge? Well, Tyzrk was almost used to that. Illithian used it on her so much that almost everytime an enemy disappears, she instinctively looks back; for better or worse. There were times where guessing the opponent was behind you was a bad idea. But hopefully, there won't be lots of that cheap stuff.

Tyzrk once again looked at Jaedin, who looked just about ready, and took a step back. She reached over her right shoulder to grab the hilt a few centimeters below one of the blades of a certain bow. Quickly swinging her arm, she brought the Bladed Bow across the floor, making dust fly in a direction. She then had her arm up high, having the bow spinning lightly in her hands; the middle of the handle calmly on her palms. Clutching her hands to stop the motion, she brought her arm comfortably down, eying Jaedin. She was in no serious mood, but in a mood that made her want to showoff, but it got the crowd yelping. That or it was because one of them finally drew a weapon.

Tyzrk was prepared. Whether the battle would start, or the ninja wanted to talk a bit more, Tyzrk was prepared for anything. Xhercfa calmly halted her flight, landing feet first on the light dirt of the arena. She was still worried about what these guys could really do... However, Tyzrk wasn't. She knew that whatever she expects opponents to do, she knew there were at least other surprises that were more devastating by the ten-folds. But she didn't care. As long as she had the will to go on, she didn't care. The finals... Almost everyone in the World of Darkness Incarnate watching.. Her fellow clan mates cheering on.. And she was finally in the Driver's Seat.

This was her chance.

"Honestly, I'm still a bit jumpy and worried at the same time, how are you?"

(My god it was hard to think of something to type up during this post >.< I added on little by little lol.)

leboyX
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I couldn't find an explanation of your sprite...what's she look like and such?)

"Honestly, I'm still a bit jumpy and worried at the same time, how are you?"

Smalltalk?...

"I suppose I would be alright, though you're right...being here isn't exactly a very normal occurrence."

Jaedin continued to circle Tyzrk. Eventually, he would end up behind the ranger. Though, it was obvious that the ranger wouldn't take her eyes off him. However, given a subtle prompt, Trinix stopped following his master; splitting away from Jaedin's path to walk a circle around Tyzrk in the opposite direction. In essence, each would end up at opposite sides of an invisible circle, with Tyzrk and her spirit "thing" in the middle; a typical, cross-fire strategy.

In the crowd, a group of onlookers cheered wildly as Tyzrk made a show of drawing her bladed bow and twirling it in the air. Stealing a look at that part of the crowd, Jaedin spied several familiar faces, though he was sure they recognized him in name only. It seemed that Tyzrk had friends in those stands who were there to cheer her on. The same was not true for Jaedin. Aside from Trinix, he really had no one to go to or hope in; just himself and his companion. Outside of that pair, Jaedin was wholly alone. No one would cheer for him because of who he was. In that regard, Jaedin counted a point to Tyzrk.

Well done...

Clouds were now well over the entire arena, casting the battle scene with a tint of grey. A small tremor of thunder rumbled low through the stands; a sign that a thunderstorm would soon be in order. Indeed, as Jaedin walked, a single drop struck him square on the eyebrow. He quickly shook his head with surprise and wiped the singular drop from his face. With a glance at the foreboding sky, he commented:

"It doesn't look like we're going to be staying dry much longer, does it?"

His elven opponent had drawn her weapon, so it seemed in order that Jaedin drew his. With slow, practiced precision, he slid his blade from the sheath at his hip. Metal on metal rasped in the now quiet air. The crowd, even in its anticipation, relished in silence at the sound of the blade as Jaedin drew his characteristic blade. In the dim light, the blade still managed to glint on its perpetually sharp edge, seeming to absorb some of the darkness around it and momentarily darken itself. Twirling it with ease in front of him, Jaedin fell into a casual stance, his sword held at his right side at an angle.

"I guess this'd have to start sooner or later, right?"
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(It's on the second page of my character page. o.O I thought I edited it to the actual sheet. Oops. lol)

Tyzrk watched as the clouds started to form, and quickly ran afterward. If it was one thing this young elf had hated, it was rain. Not only was she just in her normal clothing and cold, rain only reminded of her of Rayuke, some mage bastard that burnt her house down about a year and a half ago. It also reminded her of his deadly lightning combos while she was wet. Also, if the rain would keep going, which she really hoped not, she would not be able to use her signature Fire Arrows, which sorta gives her at a disadvantage. But she'll manage. She knew she would.

Xhercfa then flew up to Tyzrk and lightly tapped her shoulder. However, it looked like a green orb jumping frantically. Tyzrk slowly turned her head to the little Forest Sprite. "What is it??" she asked in a hush.

"Did you notice how the wolf and ninja are separated now? They're forming a line with you in the middle! They're probably going for an all-out offensive, with their plan in each other's mind and everything. It's raining too, you better watch out."

"Since when did you become Navi?? Oh well, thanks for the tip." Tyzrk whispered as she saw Jaedin drawing his sword. Tyzrk grabbed an arrow as she turned full-faced to Jaedin. Xhercfa then moved behind Tyzrk, so that they were back-to-back. Sort of.

"I'll take the wolf." she said, still in a quiet manner. "As long as I can distract him, it will leave room for you and Jaedin to bout it out."

"But that thing has claws! What'd you got? That sparingly-used beam and maybe a poke in the eye, but he'd get you in one swipe!" Tyzrk said, a bit more concerned this time, but not too loudly.

"Have you forgotten how fast I am? I can probably annoy the heck outta him. All I need to do is keep him from coming after you, right? I might die in about a few hits, but being hit even once is a rare occurrence for a sprites."

"You're starting to sound more cocky then me... Even though I feel like an influence, fine. Just don't die on me."

Tyzrk knocked the arrow onto her bow, having Xhercfa just behind her. She stared the wolf in the eyes, even though the wolf probably couldn't do the same; her eyes had about the same diameter of a chopstick.

leboyX
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(My whole post got deleted. Kinda' discouraged right now. Forgive me if this post is lacking a tad...Rolling Eyes)

Sitting patiently on his haunches, tongue lolling out of his mouth in a casual pant, Trinix cocked his head to one side in the typical dog-curiosity fashion. Tyzrk's ball of light had moved to her ear and, from what Trinix could easily gather with his attuned ears, were whispering. Indeed, the canine picked out cohesive words and phrases, though their meaning was lost to him. Trinix could only understand tone, inflection, and words from Jaedin. Nevertheless, Trinix knew words when he heard them. Jumping onto all fours, he let out a bark, followed by several more, excited ones.

On the opposite end of the imaginary circle had and Trinix had created, Jaedin was observing his opponent's as his friend had. He had not the advanced sense of hearing as Trinix, but even Jaedin managed to find something peculiar about the sounds he was hearing. [Sensory]. Trinix call from across the "circle" gave Jaedin's mind the push it needed to understand. Those two were talking. An epiphany hit Jaedin. No longer was he and his dog fighting against and elf and her flashing orb thing. Now, they were fighting against two, sentient, intelligent beings.

So, the tables are leveled, it seems...

Indeed, this accounted for a new angle towards Jaedin's approach to battle. Now, he had two significant and independent threats to deal with.

Taking a cautious step towards Tyzrk and her "ball of light" (I'm going to hate typing "Xhercfa). As he made his step, Jaedin executed the ever-traditional ninja-move. In a deft and quick motion - a skill that had come with time - Jaedin loosed three shurukens with his left hand in rapid succession. Each was aimed for a particular part of Tyzrk's form; her collar bone region, solar plexus, and lower abdominals (respectively).

Trinix waited patiently, tense and ready for action. He saw Jaedin's action, and understood what this meant. He too could feel the atmosphere around him thicken.

The final round of the DI tournament had begun.
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I hate it when that happens. T_T It really pisses me off too. What you could do is make a Notepad file, and every paragraph you finish, copy and paste it into the file, and click save. =3 That's what I've been doing for the past month or three.)

(Hey hey, if you can put of with 'Tyzrk', you can put up with 'Xhercfa'. The name's fun to type because you just use your left hand except for the 'h' X3 )

Tyzrk had seen that Jaedin finally did something. He raised his left hand over to his right shoulder, and as quickly as light turned to dark, several Shuriken appeared in his hand. She had to admit, that was pretty cool. Tyzrk then wondered. What would the prizes of this tournament be? She heard third, second, and first place winners would get medals, one stronger then the other, depending on which place they had gotten. Though obviously the winner of the Tournament would gain much more respect and fame along with their medal. She didn't really think of first place as mandatory, as she knew she would get a medal, that is all, haha. It was rumored somewhere that Rangers, Assassins, and Rogues would learn the secrets of the Ninja when they bring their medal to a secret temple. Tyzrk then zoned back. She smirked as she thought, "No matter what happens in this round, I will become a Ninja!" Uh oh. When she has thoughts like these, there's no stopping her.

But for now, the young elven girl watched as Jaedin threw them in a classical manner. Three shuriken flew out of his hands and flew to three different areas. Tyzrk took note of how quickly they flew. Obviously, it was faster then her usual firing rate. However, they are less properly aimed, as well as weaker then her arrows. That was how shuriken are. However, it went so quickly that Tyzrk wasn't sure whether Jaedin had thrown all three at once, or threw them swiftly one by one. She also noticed that Jaedin did this as a starter move. It was obvious that these shuriken were easy to dodge. However, this move got the crowd wild. They were caught in Jaedin's obvious skill, speed, and weaponry. What he probably didn't know though, was that what Tyzrk had in mind of a counter would get the audience even more hyped up.

With Bladed Bow in hand, Tyzrk leaned over to her left slightly. She then put her arms up, then swung her body to her right. She went over to her right, cartwheeling once away from the shuriken. As she did her little stunt, she kept in mind where her arms and everything were. She took into special account that her Bladed Bow was in hand as well. When she was about to go onto her left hand, she quickly let go of the Bladed Bow, having it in her open palm against the ground. As her left hand went off the ground, she quickly grabbed it without losing momentum. As the cartwheel ended by getting on her feet, she jumped off into the air, only a split second later. Continuing her cartwheeling spin in midair, she grabbed an arrow. After one spin, Tyzrk lifted her knees up to her stomach, loading the arrow quickly. This move took about a second. Half a second to load and aim, particularly Jaedin's right arm. Another half second later, the arrow was already making it's way to Jaedin.

Xhercfa however, had to worry about those shuriken. As soon as Tyzrk took off, the little forest sprite looked behind her to see the commotion. Well, apparently, the topmost shuriken was flying right at her! She knew what to do most obviously; fly down about three inches. Turning back to keep an eye on Trixie, the shuriken all passed her, now flying at the ninja's pet. (I believe they are both in a straight line, as they were doing that circling plan. But if not, oh well(?)) Xhercfa stayed motionless until something else happened, keeping one eye on Tyzrk, another on Trixie. And an imaginary one on Jaedin, called 'Paranoia'.

Tyzrk landed, quickly getting up and regaining her posture. Dust from the light dirt clouded up on her feet as she got up. She was about eleven feet to the her right away from her previous position. She gave off a smile as she gave Jaedin a 'starter move' as well. Despite the Ranger's awesome accuracy and stuff like that (At least, in other games) , that arrow was about the easiest thing to dodge, even if it was sort of fast. Tyzrk expected this arrow to miss just about anybody with their guard on, especially someone like this ninja. If he were to be hit, ooooh boy, that'd be disrespectful, she believes.

leboyX
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(It's not fun to type. Like the Mavis Beacon program that has you typing ridiculous words that don't even exist. It's just hard to type like every other word in the english dictionary.)

(Trinix is below the level of all those shurukens. Definitely below your stomach)

(Sorry for delay...my server's being oh-so-bad).

Typically, Tyzrk had managed a classic dodge while spicing it up with as much style as she could; executing a cartwheel with her bladed bow in hand. In the air, not even taking time to steady herself, the elf effortlessly loosed an arrow at Jaedin's right arm. In good humor, this wasn't much of a threat, and Tyzrk probably knew that. But, everything had to start somewhere.

Meanwhile, Xhercfa had the same small problem her companion had, and easily positioned herself out of the way of the top-most shuruken by simply moving 3 inches down. In front of her (behind Tyzrk), Trinix didn't worry at all about his own location. He was far too short to feel any kind of threat from the oncoming projectiles, and paid them little mind. Each star zipped quietly overhead, to fall harmlessly to the ground below.

At the task at hand, Jaedin had an arrow coming at him; particularly for his right arm. Acting in accordance with Xhercfa's own simplicity, Jaedin simply moved his right arm out of the way and took another step forward. Though Tyzrk's actions had been quick and quite accurate, a single arrow, seen straight on, was an easy threat to deal with. In essence, Jaedin had simply removed his arm from the arrows trajectory and moved his entire body forward, out of its path. Tyzrk was now to his right a bit, and Trinix was directly in front of him.

Given the "step-by-step" nature of the fight as of now, there was very little course for an acceptable counter. Both fighter's were still looking right at each other, and had ample time to adapt to whatever the other might "toss" at them. At this point, distractions would be handy.

Catching Jaedin's glance, Trinix gave a howl and started a sprint at Tyzrk. He had no intention of doing anything more than making a rush at her, but that was for him to know. At about a 10 foot distance from the elf, Trinix' muscles gave a hard contraction as he contorted his body to stop himself in a moment's time, digging his claws into the sandy ground to add to the friction he needed to stop his forward movement. Utilizing powerful hind leg muscles, he propelled himself the way he had just come, away from Tyzrk; moving just in time to escape the black cloud that rushed by him as he turned to run back.

[Ink Well]

As he watched Trinix skid to a stop, Jaedin was already in the process of letting out three small, glass vials that he had subtly slipped into his hand as Trinix had began his rush. Crunching the vials in his hands, Jaedin shot his left hand (where he held them) out, letting the thick smoke from them rush onto the scene of battle. Instead of forming the cloud around his location, he had managed to push it forward as it expanded rapidly while it traveled to hastily engulf Tyzrk in its inky cloud. Given Trinix distratcion (hopefully), Tyzrk would be in the middle of a black void before she knew what hit her.

(Ink Well: 1x; lasts 2 posts.)
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyzrk was never good with dogs. She never was. When she was young one time a dog bit her right in the pinky. But this is worse. A freaking wolf! As it roared and started to chase the young elven girl, she had really no choice but to make chase. After a few steps forward, Trinix had stopped almost completely. Before seeing why, she looked forward, and saw why. Some strange cloud was forming right in front of her! Feeling the dirt as she started to dig her heels into the ground, trying to stop. It went to the point where the girl had lost balance, and was on her butt. By the time she stopped however, she was already inside the ink cloud. Cursing as her blue eyes tried to look around, the only thing she found she could see really was herself. She felt a pain in her thigh. She had probably skinned it during the halt. Not knowing what to do, as she didn't knew what the ninja would do when the enemy is blinded, she got up and started to try to walk out of the way she had came.

But it looked like she was dizzy and didn't really know where she was going. Tyzrk tried to walk around anyway. With her right hand, she reached for her quiver, which was cleverly placed tilted at her right rib-section, which allowed for faster drawing. Pulling out an arrow, she used her backhand to drive away some of the hair that had gathered in front of her face. While she walked, she felt something. Her foot had stepped in a rather light pocket of dirt, which she could tell as it started to sink as she walked passed. About five steps later, she finally realized that what she stepped on was a trap! Like one in a turn already is horrible enough! She wondered what the crap would happen. Her mood had suddenly changed a bit, feeling under pressure.

Tyzrk took a moment to finally realized what the trap had done. She felt wind blowing on her face, about the same strength of wind that a regular breeze would supply. Then, the wind started to kick up a notch. It then gradually started to become heavier, to the point where it was like a hurricane. Tyzrk knelled down, grabbing the earth as the wind tried to knock her off her feet. The wind slowly started to blow the smoke away. However, the wind didn't seem like stopping anytime soon. The entire arena was like this. Wind was blowing in a single direction in massive strength, giving hell to the contestants. At least Tyzrk didn't have that hair problem anymore.

Xhercfa seemed to have it better. With her increased speed, she was able to keep a steady pace in the air. She wondered why she couldn't have helped Tyzrk earlier as Trinix gave chase. "Maybe I won't be that useful in this battle as I thought..." Feeling her motivation be drained as she tried to keep up with the wind, Xhercfa started to scout how that wolf was doing... She wondered how he would react to this strong wind, as not even Illithian's advanced speed could bring him any step closer to the source of the wind.

Tyzrk, trying to keep her feet in the ground, looked as she could see a faded Jaedin, or at least, she could barely see the audience. The effects of the cloud started to get weaker and weaker as it was blown away. It was only to be soon until the effects wear off completely, much faster then if that wind hadn't started. "Well, I could see how this is a trap," Tyzrk said, "it would be hell to projectile users like us!" She looked around to see how Jaedin was doing with this wind...

(Sorry if it was unfair, but like Tyzrk said, this is one hell of a trap.)

leboyX
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(You just happen to step on the "Hurricane-in-a-box-blow-all-kinds-of-vision-obscuring-stuff-away button? Rolling Eyes)

For only a moment, Jaedin witnessed Tyzrk's shocked expression as she was shrouded in his traditional cloud of black ink. The crowd silenced as the cloud engulfed her, as if here disappearance marked some important climax in the tournament. Such a quiet fell over the establishment that large bits of sand could be heard settling on the ground as the current of air from Jaedin's ink well subsided. However, the tranquility of the scene was soon lost.

Seemingly without any provocation, a devastating gust of wind bellowed forth into Jaedin's face, blowing wisps of his own inky cloud into his face. The wind grew in intensity quickly, escalating to the point where he could no longer stand erect. Soon, he could not even stand doubled over against the wind. Twirling his sword in an appropriate manner, he thrust the refined steel into the hard-packed dirt; anchoring himself to the stolid ground. Wind howled at his ears as black cloud whirled past him, partially obscuring his vision. With the increased wind, Jaedin's ink cloud was quickly thinning into the air, revealing a very vague form of Tyzrk, who was in much the same position he was in.

Damn this wind...

Dust and sand flew up in his face along with the cloud of ink, giving his eyes a run for their money. Though he could not distinguish it, the storm cloud had now been brought to overhang the entire coliseum. Soon enough, the clouds would dump their stores of water from the heavens onto the wind-parched ground below. If the wind didn't die down by then, though, it would only make for a sandy and, ironically, wet hell.

Given the circumstances, Jaedin would have had a prime opportunity to attack. Shuriken, arrow, all-out charge; anything would have been advantageous, given the two combatant's positioning. However, what with this torrential wind, Jaedin wasn't going anywhere. Shurikens and arrows would only end up flying into his own face, and crawling would be a challenge against the wind. For now, all Jaedin could do was keep an eye on Tyzrk's vague form as more of his gaseous cloud rushed by.

As he stood, head bent down against the wind, Jaedin noticed a glint of metal that was being uncovered by the gusts. Only a few feet from his right foot, he gingerly reached his toe out to it and pressed firmly. A thick crunch accompanied his action, after which a massive shudder shook the arena. A large crack began to run down the middle of the arena and spread across the ground like a delta of rivers; what they would do, Jaedin didn't know. But, with the wind as it was, and with this new danger forming, Jaedin knew this much: he wasn't going to be stepping on any more metal contraptions.

Meanwhile...

Trinix faired no better than his master. Safely outside the cloud, the wolf had a profile view of both Tyzrk and Xhercfa. (The glowing ball of light was an easy object to pick out). However, with his sharp claws dug into the ground and his body hunched down with his body to the ground, Trinix could hardly move . The wind, for him, was blowing on his left, and threatened to send him into a barrel roll (of sorts). For now, until this wind resolved, Trinix would bide his time. Yes, of course, he had alternatives - so did Jaedin. But, he followed his master's example and weathered this "storm".

(Not sure how to gauge how long that cloud lasts now...)
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Uhh.. Sorry? It was the best thing I could come up with >.<)

Tyzrk used her Bladed Bow, and with a mighty stab into the ground, she clung onto that for dear life as the wind blasted itself on her face. Well, she won't have that hair-in-her-eyes problem anytime soon. The bow bent over almost to the point of it being an upside-down 'U'. With her feet dangling lifeless at the direction of Jaedin's face, she had no idea what to do. If this kept up, her bow would simply snap! However, it's not like this wind would just stop. Well, yeah, but it might take a while. Until then, she had to carry on. She tried to pry her eyes open against the wind, even though she knew there was nothing to look for.

Xhercfa now too had troubles keeping up against the wind. Even with her heightened agility, it wouldn't help her for long, and unlike the others, she didn't have the strength to hold onto the ground like that. Or did she? Either way, she had to help out Tyzrk. Looking at the elven girl, then eying a certain ninja close by, she noticed that Jaedin was raising his head to take a look at Tyzrk's feet. She then had an idea. She felt sort of crazy and embarrassed at the thought of it, but it had to help in one way or another. "Tyzrk! I think that ninja's trying to stare at your butt!" she yelled across the battlefield as loudly as she could, which was hard, considering the wind slightly muffled her speech, and she was trying hard to keep flight. Her near-microscopic cheeks flushed a bright shade of red, thinking that she would have to get herself later for that one.

However, Tyzrk got the message. Pretty loudly and clearly. "He's doin' WHAT?!" She yelled before quickly coming up with a countermeasure. Pulling the Bladed Bow's blade out of the dirt, she allowed herself to be carried away by the wind, gliding almost in midair. She turned herself around in flight, having her right foot out. Lying with her back parallel to the ground, she was just about ready to kick the near-helpless Jaedin right in the face. However, right as the attack was about to make contact, Tyzrk was thrown off-balance as the ground started to shake. Strangely enough, even with Tyzrk being in mid-air, it affected this glide, and in result, her right foot, as well as her body following, flew right over Jaedin's right shoulder.

With fear she'll be swept away and literally thrown out of this tournament, she turned over once more so that her face was downward, staring at the ground that she hoped she would semi-pummel. Using the weight of her body, the weapons on her back, her Shin Metallics, and her Bladed Bow, she guided herself downward. At the first chance Tyzrk could get, she plunged her Bladed Bow once more back into the ground. She then used that to get her feet clumsily back onto earth. That was when she started to notice the ground shaking even more. As if the wind was throwing her off balance enough.

Then, she noticed why the ground was shaking. Jaedin just had to conveniently step on this sort of trap. Oh well, was Tyzrk one to speak? She then noticed a large segment, possibly half, of the battlefield on the other side of the stadium started to descend. Tyzrk wondered why it went below the earth, but it took a second for it to hit her. The ground didn't go down at all! It stayed at the exact same spot it was about five minutes ago. The half of the field they stood on was ascending! It took a while before Tyzrk called whatever it was they were standing on a cliff-top. She couldn't tell for sure however, as she was more concerned about the wind. The cloud of ink was by now near disappeared. The elven girl then looked behind her to still see a wall. Sighing, she wondered if the cliff would serve any purpose in this wind. "Hey, look on the bright side," she started, "We won't be fallin' off soon!" Though what she said was in a hearty and joking matter, she had a point. The wind at this rate would blow both of them screaming into the wall behind Tyzrk. The cliff hang at the other side would have been a miracle to reach.

This left Xhercfa, once again, in the cold and wind. She watched as the ground the two combatants stood on started to rise up. That large piece of land would be within reach if Xhercfa flew for a while. She looked around, curious if that wolf would be on the low ground still. It probably was, as it started to run back as Tyzrk first stepped into that wind trap. If it was, Xhercfa could probably have some 'alone time' with it. For better or worse. She still doesn't have knowledge of this animal's power. If it was a hard training, powerful attack dog like she expects it to be, that could mean trouble. Because right now Xhercfa had to rely on her speed, size, and her spell, which has to be sparingly used in order for her to stay focus and conscience. She seemed to not stand much of a chance against that fearsome hunk of claws. She just had to see, and prayed to our deceased Charmelia that Tyzrk was alright.

(Once again, it's the best thing I could come up with. TT_TT)

leboyX
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I would've done something to you as you flew over me, you know. >_>)

Though Jaedin would never know that Tyzrk's anxiety of having her butt watched was the reason for her unusual action, there remained the fact that Tyzrk's whole body was being hurled at him through the air and into his face. (Though, it might be noted that Jaedin had and has no recollection of such action). Yet, before Jaedin had much time to prepare to attack or throw himself out of the way, the ground beneath him gave a giant lurch and plunged him below the elf's flying foot. Indeed, this was what many called "luck".

All around Jaedin, the ground was undulating and moving, large slabs of rocks shifting up and down to completely rearrange the face of the battle ground. The ground split in numerous places, segmenting each rising and falling section into a rough octagonal shape of around 10 feet. Jaedin own location was rising now, elevating him above most of the other columns of rock.

Afraid that the wind would easily blow him from his perch, Jaedin gripped his sword harder, only to find that he didn't need to. The wind was dying suddenly. By the time the ground had stopped shifting, laying the arena out in tens of carved columns, the wind was still; not a single gust of air bothered the ninja.

Nearly every last grain of dust had swept the battlefield clean. Hard-packed rock/dirt was all the remained. However, as another result of the screaming wind, the looming clouds of the oncoming storm now surrounded the stadium. From horizon to horizon, the sky was a solid, black grey color; lacking in any distinguishing figures except its stark shade. Rain would soon be pouring onto the battlefield. The only question was, when?

Tyzrk's ball of light was somewhere, but Jaedin didn't bother noticing. It was fairly obvious that this was going to split up the combatants, pets against one another as the champions duked it out. Well of aware that he wasn't there to admire the view, Jaedin snapped around and locked on to the elf's perch, which was slightly below his.

Out of sheer habit, Jaedin let another cluster of shurikens fly at the girl, aimed for her midsection. Immediately following his action, Jaedin leapt into the air and onto another column of rock, immediately springing off of it and onto another column, and so on. It wasn't fast work, as there was no easy route to get to his opponent. Yet, bouncing and hopping up and down from column to column seemed the only way to get to her. Brandishing his sword and counting on his shurikens to give the elf something to worry about while he made his way down and over to her, Jaedin thought of what Trinix was up to.

Meanwhile...

Trinix was a ways off to what had once been Jaedin's "left", before he had turned to leap towards the elf. He was at roughly Jaedin's original altitude as well, which about halfway up towards the stadium's peak. Glancing around anxiously, the wolf caught sight of the obvious ball of glowing light, floating warily in the air. He would pursue, if he could, but the terraced structure of the arena did not coincide with his own strengths as it did with his master's. For now, he just had to bide his time and let Xhercfa made her own move.
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(That's not how I imagined the cliff arising, but okay.)

(Sorry, I would have posted earlier, but I was/am watching Rush Hour 3 =P)

Tyzrk watched the jumpy (quite literally) ninja traveling towards her cliff piece. Of course, he didn't stop to throw a few stars along the way. About three all slashed air as they made their way towards Tyzrk's midsection. It was about three, Tyzrk couldn't tell. It was either too fast for her to see, or too high for her to count. But there were several, and they looked pretty pointy, so that made problematic situation number one. Situation two was the fact that there was a cliff that was her so called footing. Situation three was Jaedin jumping towards her. If they came near, Tyzrk's lousy feet wouldn't be able to keep balance and it would be a literal cliffhanger.

However, there was one pleasing thing that came to mind. Two actually. If Jaedin could jump over rocks, that means that the wind has faded. Also, if he could jump around stuffs, so can she. This would just be a rerun of her battle against Nicholas where there were millions of floating meteorites, except they don't move, they're much higher, and they won't instantaneously bust. Tyzrk decided for the better to just start jumping now.

That was when she totally forgot about the shurikens Jaedin had thrown. With only a few seconds to realize this, Tyzrk quickly lifted her bladed bow in a one-eighty degree angle in front of her stomach. She always wanted to try this. She then started to spin the bow counter-clock wise in front of her, hoping to deflect at least one of these pricky little devils. The shuriken charged against her, and once they were close enough, well... It didn't turn out like those stunt movies. Tyzrk clutched her eyes as she simply concentrated on spinning the bow, trying not to think of pain or anything else. . The sound of a single shuriken being parried off by the metallic bow filled the arena, and echoed due to the newly-made cliff.

The second slid pass the bow, which had to happen, considering Tyzrk's only used this stupid thing like a spear only... A few times a year back. Now that she thought about it, she hasn't used Double Blow Bladed Bow style in a long time. Well, she has gotten more dependent on her range. Wow, she forgot about the shuriken already. Lifting one eye, she saw the shuriken just about a second away from her right forearm. Freaking out, she skidded to the left, but she still got a small skid mark on her forearm from the passing shuriken. Because of her horrible side-step, the third shuriken flew downwards due to the actual Blade on the right side of the bow making contact with it and slamming it. This caused the shuriken to fly down to the very ground Tyzrk stood on. It struck the ground just about a few centimeters away from her right foot.

Out of pure reaction, the second Tyzrk saw the shuriken fly down, she jumped backwards. Once again, she cursed at her cursed reactive system. She landed just to find out that her heels were hung off the edge of the current cliff she was on. Almost falling off, she tilted forward and needed something else to concentrate on. At this rate, she'd fall off! She then saw another cliff pillar just a few meters away. Squinting her eyes to only vision that pillar, she felt slightly more relaxed about her whole feet problem. Leaning onto her toes, she nearly regained her posture.

She put her right foot flatly on whatever floor she had, and used that to push herself into a jump towards the next pillar. Landing and finally having both feet safely on the ground, she placed her right hand on her chest and sighed heavily with her eyes wide open, leaving her face stuck in a flabbergasted expression as if she just saw Rayuke stripping.

Looking back to where she would suspect Jaedin to be, she finally caught eye of the ninja, doing exactly what she thought he would do. Run and jump whenever he reached an end to a pillar; taking care not to do something Tyzrk-stupid and falling off. His speed and jumping were very well coordinated, Tyzrk just had to look at this guy for some sort of inspiration once or if she becomes a ninja. Damned, just fighting this guy made her hope that Rangers would get teachings of the ninja, she herself wasn't sure. For now, she was to put on a show. And so, she reached back for an arrow...

Xhercfa took this whole cliff rising thing pretty badly. She had to go against the scawy widdo wowfy. She got her wish. There was one thing however. She could fly pretty quickly. That she could use to her advantage. She closed her eyes, telepathically calling Jibou, the angelic alignment. While invisible to everyone else, Tyzrk and Xhercfa could see her, her being pure alignment and all. "Okay, when I give the signal, we start the charge..." Xhercfa thought over to Jibou. Xhercfa herself started to back up a little bit, suspended five feet in the air with her obvious wings. She kept her eyes on Trinix, as if he was going to pounce on her or put on a show.

Upon grabbing the feather tail for one of the arrows, a plan kicked in. Tyzrk's eyes jumped as she decided to grab a second. Moving her right arm back to the bow, she placed the two arrows onto the bow string properly. Pulling back, she squinted as she carefully aimed at Jaedin. As he was moving so swiftly, along with the occasional, as well as annoying, jumps, she couldn't get a perfect lock on. All she could do was aim a few seconds ahead of him, about two or three pillars ahead. Letting go, the bow made the traditional thwang! as the arrows were shot forward. Oh, how Tyzrk wished there was a such thing as a silencer for a Bow. Or a knife. THe arrows flew forward, so that at the rate Jaedin was running, it would fly and hit him dead on in about the rib area. He wasn't facing her just yet, or at least, his body wasn't, so he wouldn't find her out that easily just yet. Then again, the bow did make the slightly quiet noise, and the crowd did a single cheer at Tyzrk's announced attack.

(Double Blow: 3 more uses)

[Do you realize how outstandingly lucky you are? You had a spare 14 minutes before your time was up!] -- OSO

(Yes, I know. =P)

(EDIT: I had to edit something anyway. >.< Changed the third and fourth paragraph, just because... Well, let's say my next skill will be spear mastery.)

leboyX
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Really not feeling this.)

Jaedin didn't need his ears to know that he had two arrows preemptively aimed at his next landing spot: he saw them. The ninja had kept a close eye on Tyzrk's movements as he continued to approach her, gradually closing the distance between them to roughly 15 feet (as the bird flies). Nevertheless, Jaedin was airborne, and he had to do something about the arrows that would end up sticking into his body.

[Skill: Advanced Machinery]

Drawing his hookshot, Jaedin flipped a secondary trigger on the device. The mechanism fired as if to launch the chain, but nothing actually came out except a powerful rush of air. Jaedin had directed the hookshot at the pillar he would have landed on, directing him in the opposite direction to land on a pillar actually closer to Tyzrk. (The reason for this was that he had not taken a direct approach towards the elf, but taken a haphazard path based on multiple variables). Thus, he landed in a backwards direction, crouching and spreading his legs in order to maintain a steady balance.

A space of only 10 feet now separated Jaedin from his adversary.

"I think, Tyzrk," he called, "That it's time you stopped shooting out potshots at me."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Maganic Wars Forum Index -> "The King of Darkness" Tournaments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: