Online Role Playing Games
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BACK TO
MAIN PAGE

Zodiac Tournament 1st Round: Zane Shadowcast vs Tyzrk
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Maganic Wars Forum Index -> DI Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
of_shattered_origins
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Zodiac Tournament 1st Round: Zane Shadowcast vs Tyzrk Reply with quote

Each participant was given a sheet of paper saying where to meet his/her opponent. This is where these two shall battle:

A big-city, downtown alley, complete with bums, drug dealers, and a load of onlookers anxious to see a good fight. The alley is long, and roughly 20 feet wide: dumpsters are located at random intervals along its sides. All aspects of such a place apply. Additionally, the escape ladders that are always hanging on the the sides of buildings hang overhead, a balcony-esque structure adorning the outside of each window. Clothes-lines are also present, strung up at varying heights.

Combatants start at opposite sides of the alley.

(Tyzrk posts first)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Wow, somewhat modern. ^w^ No more 'deserts' 'forests' 'google', huh? XD)

(Also, please put in the thread titles in the future the people that are fighting, not their characters please. I had to look all over for "Zane Shadowcast", and finally got to the sheet by luck. >.> )

(This is cool =3 I get to post first in like, almost every tourney battle I've been in so far XD)

Tyzrk walked down this ghetto, having a paper in her hand. She had her eye on it at all times, not giving much attention to the streets. She did not notice the mass of people eying her, the sun setting, and the opponent in front of her. She only realized that with every passing minute, it got harder to read the note. After a while, she gave up and threw the paper aside. Strangely enough, she found herself 30 meters in front of another elf. He too had a paper, which instantly alarmed Tyzrk. Of course, she had to make sure it was actually a combatant, not just a stranger. Most likely, it was her opponent, as no one else around here could afford paper.

"You're not Rayuke, or Illithian. I'll get this over quickly."

Tyzrk said as she reached back. She grabbed her Bladed Bow, but she soon realized that she, as a dumbass, grabbed air. Surprised, she realized just right now that she didn't feel the weight of her weapons on her back. Wow. She was turning more blond then Ranoka. She reached down her back further just to make sure. Nope. That Bowmerang that was always sheathed horizontally on her back wasn't there. Not even that useless piece-of-crap Ring of Framma was there. "If that guy asks... I'll say I'm just stretching.." "Jibou! Qcyct! Help much??" No response was given. She then looked behind her. That green blob of light, her Forest Sprite, was not there! She then looked back at her opponent. "... Shit??"

Tyzrk didn't know what to do. If she wanted hopes to get to Illithian (AKA, Third round) or even Rayuke (AKA, final round), she would have to come up with something quick. She was alone for once. She didn't feel the strength of her helpers until now, which was too late. Oh well. Tyzrk had a surge of confidence as usual, but it wasn't as strong as it used to feel. The sun was setting (Giving you advantage much? X3) , and the guy didn't make much to none movements. She then 'put her dukes up' and moving her legs into a martial arts position. "Let's get this over wi-" Tyzrk was cut off by seeing a bra fall to the ground, directly in between the two.

The battle has started.

(Good luck to you, and to EVERYONE in the tourney should they reed this! @w@ Good luck to oSO for not losing his mind in this tourney, and, well, good luck to DC on the gold loss! X3 (Also, Leboy, if you are reading, I'll post in the tourney after work, I (half) promise =D)

[I half thank you. : D]
-LeboyX

I only put my name and made it sparkly.

Heart broken: March 20th </3
Hiro
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Here we go, and good luck to you)

Wandering through the ghetto, Zane saw the crowds gather with anticipation as they watched the rogue stop in front of the alleyway. Like little monkeys the people were climbing onto the roofs of the apartments and the higher balconies that were just out of his maximum jumping range at the current moment. His green eyes blinking in the sunset, he stared at the female elf who seemed to be stretching for their fight; which was assumed because they both had a paper and she was clearly out of place.

Suddenly their eyes met, an understanding of what was to come blurred into his imagination and he saw the fight to come. Quickly the elf moved into a martial artist pose that looked like she was ready to box him out... and Zane let out a chuckle. The hilarity of the situation was so unusual that it moved Zane almost to tears in laughter; for an elf being a martial artist was rare, but a girl elf martial artist has almost unheard of.

"So... no introduction... oh well, lets make this fair." said Zane as he threw his short sword and his normal dagger to the side.

Scrapping sound echoed in the ghetto, bouncing off the noise from the crowd as Zane cracked his knuckles and got into a fighting position. Then as the bra fell to the ground; it signaled the start of the fight. Tension brewed around the back alley as Zane tried to relax and moved forward a couple steps to be in ten strides distance. The elf that stood before him looked odd as he walked forward, her stance telling him that she was not a martial artist after all.

"A ranger maybe..." questioned Zane to the elf as he watched out of the corner of his eye.

Two bums were sneaking in the sunset to grab the dagger and sword; but Zane wasn't going to let them steal the weapons. Quickly pivoting on the heels of his feet he turned to face the thieving bums that needed the weapons; and with a few words Zane took the fear out of them and burned their inner emotions.

"Leave my equipment..." said Zane, the words shattering the bums' mind like the fragile egg shell it was.

Quickly the bums let go of the weapons and ran into the crowd and Zane turned to face his opponent again; waiting for her to make the first move. The tension once again built around the two of them, and Zane would dodge until the twilight took over... then it would be his time to shine.

"You go first."

[For DDR: I wanted it to be more character driven. Character vs Character, not Tag vs Tag. I'll try and add them though JUUUUUST for you. ] -- OSO

Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyzrk watched as Zane threw his dagger and sword over to the side. Unfair, he had his stuffs. He was either being fair, or he had a plan. Whatever, Tyzrk was offered to go first, so she might as well take it. "No introduction, we have to hurry this. Sorry, but I heard these battles have a worse time limit then that of the King of Darkness Tournament..." Tyzrk ran straight up to Zane, which, she felt her running slower a bit, and jumped to the side, having her fist out so that by the time she's past Shadowcast, her fist would flow along and hit him at the side of his face.

(God, so short >.<)

[Don't forget DDR, we have the two paragraph rule still. You feelin' alright?] -- OSO

Hiro
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Not as short as yours but still bad in my books)

"No introduction, we have to hurry this. Sorry, but I heard these battles have a worse time limit then that of the King of Darkness Tournament..." said Tyzrk as she started her attack.

Blindly the women ran at Zane, her fists clenched and he watched her feet as they gripped the gravel firmly. Watching her strides shorten as she drew closer, he did what came naturally to him; for when her body started to tilt for a jump, Zane was already gracefully pushing off with his right foot to make a small and low jump to counter her attack. Then as Zane moved, he flew an almost magical hovering meter with his jump, he pivoted on his feet and crouched so that he slid just enough to be right under the elf lady when she was aiming to punch where his head had been. (Warped Physics)

With the momentum the elf had, she would end up landing at his left; but as Tyzrk was in striking distance, Zane jumped out of his crouched position, and did an uppercut to try and hit the elf's side/kidney area as she passed him. If the blow landed the out of breath elf would be knocked away from him, and most likely would collapse from the surprise. Noticing his vulnerability on his left side at the moment; Zane turned on his feet to face his opponent... who seemed not to be a great martial artist if she was one.

"So... are you a martial artist, because that was a very blind punch you did there." said Zane, mocking the elf with his voice and his eyes.

Hopefully the elf would catch on soon that he was not someone to be taken lightly, or else the fight would be over before it even began. Taking on a relaxed pose, Zane waited for Tyzrk's response; watching every so carefully for any abrupt movement that the elf might do. It might force him to reveal his true potential, but using his shadow magic was better then getting a sword through the stomach any day.
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Damned, I am really posting crap. >.< Sorry yall. Sorry about the last post, I really had to rush that one. =O At least this one I spent about an hour or so on...)

Tyzrk just side-jumped, trying to punch Zane. However, he seemed to do some awkward jump, floated for a few seconds out of her vision range, and then jumped back down. He then threw up an uppercut, trying to throw her out as well as throwing out her breath. However, with(out her Swift Movement) her left foot, she quickly struck the ground with it, and pivoted, almost tripping her but slipping her out of the upper cut's reach. Quickly jumping away from Zane, she regained her balance. "A Martial Artist??" she laughed, "Nah, I ain't one of thems. I'm a ranger. But unlike you, I don't have any scrap of equipment; not even my little buddies are around." What Zane didn't knew was that Tyzrk actually meant something when she said 'little'.

Tyzrk didn't dare try another straight-forward punch. If that guy could jump like that, and considering Tyzrk suddenly didn't move as fast as she used to -even though she doesn't have any weapons on her back as she usually does-, then Tyzrk doesn't stand a royal flush's chance at close combat. She knew that better then Rayuke, at least he has a freaking sword... She needed something... Not even her stupid quiver is around. All she has is.... Her clothing... Even with a half intention, she'd rather not.

Instead, she again put her fists up. Almost joking this time. Though her body didn't show that. Once again did her long, elven hair get into her eyes. Shaking her head to get the hair out, she looked once again at Zane. Then, an idea only Tyzrk could think of popped up. These ideas were often crazy and less helpful then carefully thought out ones, but unlike her brain, they come and go. Her brain is just... Nonexistent. Which truly showed as Tyzrk stuck her tongue out at Zane, turned tail, and ran for it.

"Okay, what the [censored] AM I DOING?!? I feel WAY slower then I usually run, I don't know a THING about this guy, and I am running! What if he could do those dimension warps Illithian can? What if he can jump right in front of me?! What if he throws one of those weapons at me?! Oh wait, I can just turn around and look... But still! This is more crazy then the time I hugged that mage before he dropped that river... But then he nearly died to... Oh well, I need to either get away from him, or have more time to plan something smart for once..."

(Edit: Hey... for once I swear and..)

Hiro
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I still feel like I am posting nothing also!)

He felt his his uppercut miss magically as she flew over him and pivoted with her right foot; the gravel moving dust into the air with every movement. Then Zane heard her respond to his question, which revealed the class of the foe he was facing. The ranger seemed to be more unarmed then a normal one, for her back was empty as she turned around swiftly to flee from his power. Also, that meant he had to get his mind ready to use to dodge or deflect the attacks that the cunning elf could throw at him. Finally, it seemed like the elf women was slightly dimmer than him; but of course he wasn't for sure of that...

"Bah," said Zane as he quickly went down to draw his curved dagger in his cloak.

With the odd weight off the curved knife, Zane side armed the dagger nicely to make it spin sideways to the ranger; her back an open target for the dagger's spinning fury. With the slight momentum needed to gain the dagger extra speed as he threw, Zane's right foot followed through with the momentum to cause his attack to go nastily. First he watched beautifully as he saw the dagger leave his hand with glee, it's target was in its sights. Though as he watched it reach halfway, the dagger had tilted on its invisible axis to cause it to move off to his right. Clattering loudly throughout the ghetto the knife rang; the blade vibrating intensely as the ringing tone grew lower until it faded out of his hearing.

"Dang!"
shouted Zane as the monkey people on the walls clattered up the escape ladders.

His old dagger that the men at the tournament took from him would have never failed him, but the curved dagger did. It was actually quite funny to Zane, that when the first man tried to take his dagger normally as he warned him; the man grabbed the dagger and immediately went into a seizure. Torment was a powerful weapon... he had learned that from J'ah. Rubbing his mortal drow feet on the ground, he felt a stone fly into his shoe; and thus started the pain that would hurt him for the entire battle. With no time to take it out, Zane would feel the sharp rock jab him in his ebony colored heel until the battle came to a close. He would definitely feel that one later; and looking at the elf's face, she was sure to mock him for this.

(I thought I should add a bit of irony... he can dodge a punch but can't get a stone out of his shoe. Also, seperate into smaller paragraphs?) Smile
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I do hope that I've read your post correctly. >.< PM me if I didn't, though)

(Smaller paras? Why? X3)

Tyzrk ran forward, looking back to see what this person was up to. She first saw some dagger flying straight at her. Eyes shot up as she forced a stop-drop-skid onto the floor. Putting both arms in an 'L' formation, hands up to her forehead, she slipped forward. (Purposely) She then fell on the floor on her armshins, skidding forward about ten centimeters. She then heard a loud clang!! The dagger had flown across and hit a wall. She cussed silently as she got up, regretting stopping for something that would have just flown off due to miscalculated aerodynamics. Then again, what else could she have done? Stop, turn tail towards running away, and draw her Bladed Bow in hopes of reflecting the dagger, only realizing that she had forgotten she had no scrap of equipment, then having the dagger miraculously fly away from her? She had those 'Tyzrk' kinda plans, but that was by FAR, not one of them.

For now, she turned around, and looked at Zane, who seemed to have gotten a rock thrown into his shoe. Troubling to take it out, he looked at her, knowing that she was the time to grin and point it out in the loudest way possible. She would do that, but then again, she's the kind of person who'd do something this stupid too. Her antics and battle plans only outweigh his shoe problem by about three or four times. She was the one who tried to punch him in the face after all, she was the one who turned tail for nothing after all, she WAS the one who decided to take place in two major battle series at once after all! But for now, keeping up with her reputation, all she could do was smirk as she said, "Hey, at least you don't have Hemorrhoid!"

Hiro
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hey, at least you don't have Hemorrhoid!" said the elf, mocking him as his foot started to be irritated by the rock.

His normal dagger attack had missed completely of it's target, and now his dagger was about two feet away from the wall it had just bounced off of. The gravel covered dagger was the least of his worries at the moment, and the rock in his boot was such a minor annoyance; that he could almost ignore it completely for now.

Shifting his balance back into a relaxed stance, Zane decided it was time to unleash his inner power on the elven ranger that was currently mocking him. Then as Zane felt that his power was needed; the twilight began. Glorious black twilight came from the horizon and coated one side of the drow's face with an darkened ebony paint, and he looked down at his skin to see the light drain from his skin color.

"It is time..." said Zane reluctantly, his hands flexing and popping his joints.

Moving his feet now in the dirt to get into his rogue fighting stance casually, he then let his hands down at his sides like he was holding invisible weapons. Then as he watched the elf carefully, shadow demons inside Zane emerged to show their black magic to Tyzrk. Black mana flooded through his feeble body, a strange numbness in his hands; and then as his hands started to tingle Zane focused on his targets. Quickly Zane closed his dark elven eyes to picture the two weapons needed to finish the job he had started without them. Cold handle touched Zane's palm, grasping them tightly as he opened his oddly eerie eyes to ready himself for the ranged attack that was bound to come. (Shadow Draw 2x left)

"How do you like, what my friends call "A cheap parlor trick"?" said Zane mocking her in the form of a rhetorical question.

Then as he waited for a response, Zane saw to the right of him a dumpster which gave Zane a very convenient idea. Trusting in his skills of movement, he would quickly lower his center of gravity when the attack came, would jump quickly to the side, and would use the dumpster as a quick shelter from the deadly arrow. Then as he would hear the arrow pass, Zane would come out of his hiding to gain a temporary advantage.

It seemed perfect as he glinted his drow teeth at the elf, her face seeming to deny the odd and slightly cold nature she had. Her mocking had been only fit, but the way she had said it drove right to his sarcastic core; he would get her back for the way she was mocking him, one way or another.

(Back to okay-decent posting Smile )
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right about now, Tyzrk didn't have an idea what to do. They were about fifteen meters apart, where Tyzrk could clearly see Zane do something strange. Having his arms down, darkness swirled around him, creeping down his shoulders. The elven girl watched as the air around them was torn apart by the increasing darkness of the alley. As it gathered and surrounded his hands, she could barely see what looked like the shape of a weapon. It seemed to Tyzrk that this guy's forte is darkness. Which kinda sucked for her right now as the sun was just about finished setting. He had the upper hand. Over the complete darkness Zane pulled from the sky, Tyzrk could see a slightly-darkened blue. Sad as it seemed that Tyzrk could very well be easily killed on such a beautiful evening.

As stated before, Tyzrk didn't have the slightest idea of what to do. He then said something that caught her tongue. "Hmm... Well, honestly, I can't really respond to that one." Tyzrk was caught between a dark place and a pissed off rogue. Which sucked because she had no weapon! She then closed her eyes and sighed. She needed to calm down. If she even had those stupid beginner short bows, she could at least whack him or something. Punches aren't that great. For now, they were a a large distance away, and he had weapons. Tyzrk then had a great idea. She looked around her to see exactly what she wanted to see.

The weird dagger! Tyzrk walked about five paces and leaned forward, snatching the dagger into her right hand. The weight of this dagger seemed unbalanced, as well as it's shape. Maybe that was because Tyzrk had no training with daggers, but damned! This would be pretty hard to use even with proficiency in daggers. She couldn't blame ol' Shadowcast from missing so horribly. Oh well. Right now she had something that would hopefully help in something. Getting up, Tyzrk's bangs of hair that were before dangling, had gotten back and bounced into her eyes once more. She really needed to cut these bangs after the mini tournament. Using the dagger's blunt-curved side, she slowly raised it under her hair, lifting it away from her eyes. While doing this, she kept an eye on Zane through the crescent-hole formation of the curve of the dagger.

Hiro
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Uh, I don't feel like posting but whatever)

His curved metal blade was brought up to the elf's hair as he waited for the attack he thought she was going to bring. She had stolen the blade he had tried to throw at her, and was now prepared to defend herself with an odd grip that made him know; she had no clue what she was doing. Smiling at quickly at the elf, Zane decided he would start with his basic attack; so as not to wound the slightly capable women with his efficient dagger wielding skills.

"So, you are resourceful?"
questioned Zane as he felt the cooling touch of twilight on his brow.

Quickly Zane started at her, his unmatched speed picking up rocks and dust, causing them to fly out from him at all sides. Then as he felt his legs ready and his distance from Tzyrk just under 3 strides, Zane came in for a two-pronged attack at the elf. Making a nice slash with his short sword once it was in reach of her head, Zane then took the rest of the momentum from the slash and turned a swift 360 mid-air and tried to plunge his dagger towards her gut area. Stone pressing in on his foot as he landed on the balls of his feet first, he rolled his foot forward so that he was right next to where the elf was before he leapt.

His eyes then swiveled in their sockets as he looked for his foe, his mind edging him closer to using his shadow magic on his foe. His weapons as he landed would be prepared to defend him as they were close to his face, his crouched landing taking some of the impact he was knowing he would take. He could also feel the cold wind picking up down the alley as the sun went down, his face and the alley slowly becoming total darkness.

"So, how shall you fight me next elf..." thought Zane as he saw Tyzrk.
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyzrk grimaced at what she had in her hand, and what he had in his. He gave a dash that was actually slower then Tyzrk's natural running. However, Tyzrk moved much slower ever since she joined this little tournament. Curses. Zane stopped his movement suddenly, and leaned over to his left a bit. Tyzrk knowing exactly what he'll be doing, leaned back a bit. With the short sword zipping over her head, she fell over, which was the price to pay for wannabe-ing the matrix. On her back, Zane spun and only ended in charging the sword downward. Of course, Tyzrk didn't want that to happen, now did she? Probably. But trying to think of what the reward would be for this tournament only made her want to live.

Then, she felt what was in her hand. Duh! The dagger! She flung her hand while letting it go, so that once she grabbed the spinning dagger in midair, the curve would go to the left. She now placed the dagger near-strategically at her stomach. Once the sword was in her range, she swung her hand, parrying the sword and possibly throwing it out of Zane's hands, due to the curve. As he jumped away, Tyzrk used this time to quickly get up.

Now he's got some weapons appearing outta nowhere. Crap, I wish I could.... Do... That?? AWW MAN! Why didn't I think of this before?!?

Tyzrk held her left arm up in the air, closing her eyes. Soon, a strange wind started to blow on her. An aura formed as energy started to create a spiral at her feet. The spiral of energy only spun faster as well as expanded as her arm started to glow. The energy then shot up, like a pillar of water, covering Tyzrk for about half a second. As it disappeared, something was in her hands: her only weapon, the Mana Bow! It's blue shine illuminated the area a bit, clinging onto her wrists by magical means. She gave a look of doubt and stupidity at herself as she lowered her arm. Goddamned... I am getting more blond then Ranoka...

Hiro
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glowing the women was as she lifted her arms, allowing a magical bow to appear into her normally fragile arms. Stunned Zane stood on the spot once he saw this, the fact that she had a ranged weapon was not the surprising thing; it was the fact that her face showed something hilarious. She looked almost shocked by her own magical might that it looked as if she was going to fall over from the sudden fright.

Shaking his mind back into focus, Zane remembered the whole scene that had just happened. The curve of his own dagger had been used against him as the metal dagger she had stolen from him collided with the sword he was gripping very tightly. Metal wrapped around metal as Zane felt it leave his hand, and heard the defensive dagger pound the wall with all of its momentum. Ringing filled the air again as the sound of clanging weapons made Zane's eyes open to a new light...

"So, you knew that you could do that?" questioned Zane as he edged towards his two weapons.

Gravel slid beneath his feet as he moved silently and carefully, his gaze always pointed towards the ranging elf. Finally as he drew half-way to the weapons, Zane thought he would need a distraction. Quickly Zane moved his dagger behind his shoulder and released it quickly at the women's chest. This time Zane knew that the dagger would not change it's course as it spun end over end towards the elf's chest, and while it did this Zane reached down to replace his weapons. Happy with what he had done now, Zane peered over at his foe and his dagger; and watched for an arrow that might be released.

Grinning and all the while glinting his teeth at Tyzrk, Zane thought of the way the curve could be used now to his advantage. How stupid had he been to throw away such a valuable object and to use it as if it were his cursed dagger...

"Oh well," sighed Zane as cracked his toes, the stone suddenly moving towards the front.

Suddenly his mind went on overdrive. Slowly he felt every muscle in his body release it's tension as he looked over at his now armed foe. The bow in her hands was now usable to kill Zane, and he knew he had to take the chance to gain distance. Ready with his feet, Zane ran at the spot on the wall that was only 5 strides away from Tyzrk. Blurringly fast Zane ran as he felt the cold night wind on his face and the shadows running across his vision. Quietly Zane lifted into the air into the wall, and released himself from it as he felt his foot ready. Air rushed under him as he slashed downwards at the ranger, her body where he would land.

"She has two choices," thought Zane as he uncurled his legs for his landing, "Try to dodge me, or be landed on."

(If you want me to cut something out, just tell me Smile )
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yeah, I knew I could," Tyzrk said, "I'm just surprised at how stupid I am for forgetting I could do this...." At that moment, Zane threw the dagger in his hands at her... Chest. Rolling Eyes (Has to happen at least once a battle huh? >.<) The crowd cheered and roared as Tyzrk felt pretty pissed. She knew what to do, however. Keeping her cool up was the only reason she's gotten so far, and possibly further, but at the given circumstances, it was honestly hard to do. Tyzrk had the plan in the back of her mind. Within seconds, she would fire two arrows, one hitting the dagger, which, with her perfect aiming, it would almost definitively hit. The second one would continue and strike Zane. It was almost too perfect.

It was. When Tyzrk peeped over the dagger to look at Zane one last time, he wasn't there! As quickly as light turned to dark, he reappeared at Tyzrk's right, ready to leap into the air. Tyzrk then remembered the first dagger. Forget arrowing it. She had to counter the now Zane. Like, now. Tyzrk leaned over to her right, allowing the dagger to pass harmlessly into the crowd again. The crowd "Aww"'d and "Boo"'d at Zane's failure attempt to give Tyzrk wardrobe malfunctions. The elven girl pivoted her foot to turn herself ninety degrees to her left, so she would face the pervert rogue. He was in the air, having his arm across his chest, ready to strike her with the dagger. If Tyzrk dodged the dagger, she would be landed on, allowing many disturbing situations to occur, or to jump away from Zane altogether, making herself vulnerable to the next attack of his. Or, she could do that double arrow trick she had planned and entirely screw him up.

Pulling back the Mana Bow's string, particles of magic started to gather at her fingertips. It then sprouted to the curve of the bow, soon making an arrow. Tyzrk's eyes flashed blue for a split second, signaling the excess power she allowed through the arrow. The arrow shined brighter as the background around her started to turn white, ignoring the area around them like all anime did. The white honestly complemented the bow's shine, it wouldn't hurt as much if the background was there. Closing one eye and biting her tongue, she aimed at specific spots, which took strategic planning as well as timing for it to work. The perfect angle, the perfect timing, and the most awful of opponents... It all worked out, didn't it?

Releasing the arrow, it was aimed for Zane's heart. Almost instantly, a second arrow split from the first one, with near exact attributes as the first arrow. Zane slashed at Tyzrk, which was quickly parried by the oncoming arrow. The arrow was shattered into thousands of glowing, tiny pieces as the dagger was stopped. Or halted. Or slowed down. Anything worked for this elven girl. The second would go towards the mid-section of Zane's stomach. They were fairly close, Zane would possibly go to drastic measures, such as doing a Tyzrk-style dodge, or something else. This would sort of prevent Zane from falling onto her. However, if he did, she would have a second attack coming up...

(Double Blow: 3 more uses)

Hiro
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all happened so fast. The dagger flew aimlessly as it went towards the elven lady, its blade shimmering as it caught the gleam of one of crowd's torches. Quietly the men lit the torches as darkness drew over the two foes locked in combat; Zane at the moment intensely floating in for a quick slash. Suddenly Zane saw the moment he was looking for as the archer revealed the sacred strength of their kind.

Quickly in a blurring motion she knocked the first arrow aimed at him as she turned her body oddly to dodge the dagger, and then released the mana arrows out of her bow. The first shot was felt by him as his blade shattered the incoming arrow and at that point he was open... the glow seared from the bow into his eyes as a second arrow formed and was released... the burning light filling his mind and burning his retina.

"Oh..." thought Zane as his mind was lost.

Deep into his mind Zane fled as he saw out of the corner of his eye, the dagger touching down against the rough ground to the backside of the glowing Tyzrk. In less then a millisecond Zane's mind and soul fled inwards for help and advice from his inner workings, for he knew they would never turn him down. Subconsciously Zane was rummaging through the vault in his mind to try and find a counter, someway to stay alive. On and on it went as he ran through all of his options... (Speed Demon)

Lean, no...
Scream, no...
Sword, no...
Dagger...

Suddenly his mind swung to the dagger as he thought, his weapon's position that had been thrown would be a great place to be. Then as he thought the arrows cut through his cloak slowly, time slowing as his mind outraced his body's physical capabilities. Pain that would have been entering only for milliseconds lasted for minutes as he felt his cloth rip; his skin was the next barrier.

His time was running out as he could feel the pressure of the arrow against his skin, its shape start to cut through his skin. Then it hit him... literally and physically. The blood in the skin layers slowly moved towards the surface as he realized the feeling he needed. Quietly he gave himself up to his inner demon powers once more, the shadow sprites filling the heart area first as the arrow pierced through shadows. Tingling filled his body as his feet appeared on the ground next to his thrown dagger, his eyes now slowly reverting back to their unnatural emerald green. The shadows now were where the mana arrow flew through, his real figure about 4 strides away from the behind of Tyzrk. (Shadow Dissipation 1x left)

"So..." said Zane half stunned, as he mindlessly picked up the dagger he had thrown and sheathed the curved one in his hand.

Blood softly rose out of Zane's wound as he felt the pain in his chest rise as he breathed in fresh air. It looked like he would be ready to dodge the arrow naturally next time, as he regained his normal drow mind and he felt his eyes return to their natural green. He was backed up to square one now, and it was time to advance on his foe with a new view.

Swiftly Zane started off after catching his mind back from the cracks, he let his feet lead him in a quickening assault on Tyzrk. He watched for any sign of an arrow attack as he covered the distance between them in less then a second, but then remembered to take a different approach. With the dagger in his right Zane nimbly moved diagonally facing the archer, while doing a quick jab with his dagger at Tyzrk's right arm. Finally as he trailed off to the side his short sword was ready to guard as his feet would carry him past his foe's left while still facing him.

Running quickly backwards Zane, readied his two weapons for any assault his foe could launch at him. His mind reeled once again as his mind worked on noticing any movements from the one with the bow. He did not want to feel a mana arrow again, and he would make sure he would be correct.

"I say this is a great fight!" Zane said to Tyzrk, his blood on his skin starting to clot to stop the bleeding.

(Sorry for being so long, but I tried to make this post better and take more effort into it)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Maganic Wars Forum Index -> DI Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: