Online Role Playing Games
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BACK TO
MAIN PAGE

Tyzrk vs Grimmar (1st L-Round; Zodiac Tournament)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Maganic Wars Forum Index -> DI Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
of_shattered_origins
Ancient Moderator
Ancient Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Tyzrk vs Grimmar (1st L-Round; Zodiac Tournament) Reply with quote

Each participant was given a sheet of paper saying where to meet his/her opponent. This is where these two shall battle:

A stretch of plains with a blanket of soft green grass blowing in the soft breeze. The land is abnormally flat and is nearly devoid of anything to trip up on. There are four black stone pillars formed in a sort of a square. There is a 50 foot gap between any of the pillars, and the pillars stand nearly 50 feet high. There are no handholds of which to speak. The time is around 5:30...

Enter opposite each other.

(DDR Begins)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ddranimestyle
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About a day and a half after joining the Zodiac Tournament, as well as fighting one Zane Shadowcast, Tyzrk was given a room in a hotel; free of charge, as it was to all Zodiac participants. Strange though, she was the only one she saw that was actually in the tourney. She went up the stairs, ignoring the noisy pub below, and opened the door to her room. She looked around the room, it seemed to be a normal hotel room. Oh well, it was free after all. She needed some rest after fighting that Zane Shadowcast, which was one of the main reasons she didn't wish to go to the bar. A hangover along with the pains and aches from the rogue earlier would be too much for the archer. And plus, who knew what was going to be hurling at Tyzrk's chest next?

She walked to her bed, stretching her arms behind her head as she did. Tyzrk stubbed her left toe quickly on a strange wooden pole. Too tired to see what it was, or even to react, she continued to walk towards her bed, now walking on her left heel. A light yawn emerged from her mouth as she looked to see a note tied to the bedpost. She undid the string, and took it in her hand. The elven girl then sat down on the bed she was given, and started reading the note, almost out loud.

Quote:
Dear Tyzrk,
You are declared the loser for Round One If you are kicked out of the Tourney, look at (a). If you advance or are placed in a different bracket, read (b) for further information.

Tyzrk cussed for a second. "@#%#! I lost?!" She lightly punched the bed near her right thigh, and started to read further.

Quote:
[=] Kicked out of the tourney
[X] Placed in _Losers_ Bracket.

(a) Have a nice day =D

(b) Tyzrk, congratulations on the good fight yesterday. I, who shall not be named, (Okay I give up, I'm oSO >.>) have watched your fight, and instead of plainly kicking your elven rear end out of this tournament, I have deemed you worthy of fighting in a separate, second loser's bracket. This will open another opportunity to win, don't think of it as a loss.

Now, onto your next battle. You shall fight 'Grimmar' in the Plains of... Well, plains. Actually, we who organized the tournament make the arena's up for you guys to fight. We just haven't named it yet. Don't think we're weird or anything, cause we're not! You will face him, and fight. Meet at around anytime you want really, as long as it is ending in 5:30. Don't ask me why, just get your butt into battle, before I kick it out of this wonderfully organized tournament!

The unusual sensitivity in the night,
oSO. (Yes, I ran out of blue ink, and had to get green >.>)

Tyzrk nearly squealed if it weren't for her toe hurting. She was given a second chance! She was so happy that if this "Grimmar" were to be fighting her right now, she'd hug him to death and crack his ribcage. She hoped on her butt on the mattress of the bed several times, and then laid down, having her head hit something. It was soft, almost like a pillow. But it's texture and size were definitely different. She got up and looked around to see that the object was actually a little, innocent plushie of herself!

It stood about a span high, and looked very innocent, which was sort of against the elven-with-an-attitude everyone knows and loves. But for now she was in such a good mood, that she took the plushie in her hands and bounced it around for a while. She never really had any of these things either, they figured it was the entirely wrong time period for such sort of toys. But Tyzrk decided to have her moment of peace now, before her fight at the anonymous 5:30...

Tyzrk's eyes lifted slowly that morning. She woke up to an unfamiliar ceiling, which instantly alarmed her, and woke her up. She then looked at her feet to see the harmless plushie doll, and at the floor was the note. Now she remembered. She moved her feet out of the bed covers, and onto the floor, picking up the note. "Plain of plains? Where the crap is-" At that instant, a tiny map fell out of the note. The map showed clearly the overhead view of the area, and a red path to the battlegrounds. Sighing, Tyzrk took the plushie, and strapped it to her right hip of her belt.

Tyzrk walked to the lobby, and looked around to see no one around. She left a gold piece at where she signed her name in the inn book, a token of thanks for the free room, and a sign she would be back. As she crossed the door, she gave an eye over to the corner of well-hung men and women in the corner. "REAL glad I ain't them!"

Tyzrk walked, looking over to the peaceful town she arrived in. It was about four o' clock in the morning, with not even a soul around. And knowing Darkness Incarnate, that statement would be more then figurative. She wondered how lively this place must be at mid-day, with the children running around the western-like city, the men working for their families, the women gossiping and enjoying life. Yeah, this place did sure remind her of home...

After a while, the elven girl found herself out of town. Feeling like she was lost for a second, she took out the map and looked at it once again. According to this, she should see a gigantic rock, which was an actual landmark on the map. After shuffling through several more trees, she eventually found her way to a large, and seemingly immovable rock. It stood about three stories tall; quite worthy of a landmark. However, it showed a red 'X' near the rock, which was an international signal on any map to show the place of destination. She found no plains around here anywhere, just forest, and a rock.

Tyzrk sighed as she rested her back on the rock, slowly going into sitting down, taking a break from her hour and a half walk. She seemed to have dozed off, feeling slightly relaxed for the time it lasted. Tyzrk was then awoken by a loud, very large noise that shook the ground beneath her. She woke up in a blink (quite literally) , taking a look around her. She was no longer in the forest she knew she was in. She looked around to see grass, and plains. The Plains of plains. He was right, they did just make these arenas up. She took out the piece of paper she was given the night before, and looked at it for a few seconds more. "Grimmar...." was all that bounced off the walls of her mind for minutes. The fog of the early morning started to take effect. It was about five thirty in the morning, with your eyes only be able to see about five meters in every direction. From then on it became a bit blurry. The wind was cold, very cold. But the elven girl was used to this by now, and stood still, feeling the grass blow against her bare shins.

She then remembered something. "Bare shins?! Oh crap, I still lost all my equipment! ...Oh wait, before I get stupid again. My mana bow is-" Tyzrk immediately lost her train of thought when she saw in front of her feet, a single, laid down longbow. She looked at it awkwardly, and as she picked it up, she saw around the longbow were two, strangely placed wooden daggers. Picking up the daggers as well, she wondered if she might need these. She hooked the longbow onto her back, and as she did, she felt a quiver get in the way. Somehow, a quiver was on her back at the same time she picked the bow up! This world was such a strange place...

She then placed the two daggers in her belt, one at either sides of her hip. As she placed a dagger in the right side of her belt, she eyed her plushie doll. Tyzrk smiled, and slowly retreated her arm back to original position. "Why do I need these things anyway? I do have my Mana Bow, right...?" Not wanting to be caught off gaurd in the middle of battle, she was forced to try it out. She held her left arm out horizontally, charging up her inner mana. Her eye twitched, and her palm gave off a blue spark. It quickly blew out with the moderate wind around. Nothing...

She then was scared for a second. She let her left arm fall back to her side, having it bounce off her hip for a second. Tyzrk then held her right hand in front of her, bending her fingers inward slightly, charging the fire mana in her palm. Her concentration fell entirely into the casting, which was unusual, and a few seconds later, a poof appeared. She couldn't conjure her magical bow, or fire either. She would need her longbow she picked up for later. Tyzrk sighed as she saw a figure in the distance.

Suddenly, she felt the ground under her shake, and eventually, a large pillar burst out of the ground, about thirteen meters in front of her. Dust from the dirt flew around violently; Tyzrk had to cover her face with her arms. When she felt the wind slow down a bit, she slowly opened her eyes to see that whatever shot out into the sky was at least fifty feet into the air. She also noticed from faraway there were three more, placed faraway from each other. She wondered if these things had a purpose, but her train of thought was halted into a screeching stop when she heard footsteps coming from faraway. She looked around, realizing that that wasn't footsteps, but instead simply a few leaves blowing in the wind, and crashing into the newly formed pillars. She sat down for a while, wondering where her opponent would be...

[I hate you, DDR.] -- OSO

[That.. was awesome.] ~ Yoz

(EDIT: Had to change that last paragraph at oSO's request.)

(@oSO: We all lub jya! ^_~)
theDINGbat
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gnomish messenger had come by the clan hall earlier that morning, announcing the need for warriors to join the tournament celebrating the elements of the Zodiac. Why the progenator of the tourney chose a gnome to deliver such an important message, he didn't know. After all, such a race is rarely ever seen to have fighting prowess that is worth talking about, so he wasn't going ot be impressing anyone into joining - unless it happened to be another gnome... Either the guy must be scraping the bottom of the barrel when it came to messengers, or there was something else going on. Grimmar bit on the chance to let off some steam and let the diminutive man lead him onward to a rather worn-looking building, while it was rather large, it hardly seemed like the place where such a grand tournament would be held. Resisting the urge to ask his guide whether they were really in the right place, Grimmar plodding along at a contented pace, letting his thirst for a real combat drive him onwards.

Mmmm...combat... Grimmar caught himself daydreaming at the thought. Most of the people that he had fought since entering the world of DI were rather insistent that he stay at a distance while they attempted to beat on him. The only ones that he had met that actually fought an honorable close combat with him had become his allies and together Terrence, Josh and he, plus a couple of others, had formed a clan that was rather befitting this dark world. It was good to be back in the saddle again - rhetorically speaking of course...Grimmar had never had the desire to ride a horse, especially not after the encounter with the one that had resulted in his demise.

Thinking of that moment caused the dwarf to break out in a cold sweat of anger. Sure the horse had been vanquished, or so the tales go, but Grimmar couldn't help but wish that he could go back and finish the abomination off himself...

Grimmar snapped back into reality with the sound of a bolt grating against the wooden door in front of him as it was being opened to permit the duo into the hall where the tournament was being held. As he passed through the door, the dwarf let out a gasp as he realized exactly where he was. It was the legendary Hall of Tournaments! The very structure that was orginally constructed for the first King of Darkness tournament so long ago was now being used to host this tournament. As he strode through the massive foyer with its arched ceilings, he saw the statues of past great champions such as Fenrir, Batista and Jaedin, all of whom were enshrined here forever. One day, Grimmar hoped to find a place next to them, yes, that pedestal over there would do nicely...

Once again, Grimmar was snapped out of daydreaming by the gnome just standing there, hands on his hips, staring at him and tapping his foot impatiently. "Now, if you're finished gawking sir, please come with me - we have very little time to get you outfitted for the tournament." "Yes, lets go..." Grimmar couldn't help but make the moment last as long as he could as he slowly turned and followed the small one through the door, taking one last peek.

His guide turned out to be definitely less than efficent that he made himself out to be, always puttering about in the armor and weapons room, offering the dwarf selections everlasting from the almost undending storehouses the hall had to offer. Keeping track of the gnome was almost a beauracracy in itself, as each trinket, weapon and piece of armor had to be signed out even before Grimmar could see what it was. He didn't want most of it - the weapons were either too big for him, like the longstaff or halberd, too fancy, like katanas and claws or just too stupid, like magic wands or jewels. "What the hell am I going to do with a wand?!? Do I look like a sissy to you?" Grimmar bellowed the question as he looked down upon the one who had brought him the implement of magic. He had just about had enough of the run around. He just wanted a shield and something that would allow him to hit hard. That's it... "Sorry sir, I'm just following procedures..."

About half an hour later, he found himself standing in front of a desk behind which was the clerk that was responsible for taking his registration. "Ah yes, Grimmar..." The man peered into the scrying pool set into the desk and slowly the picture cleared. "Grimmar, no surname given, fighter, losers bracket ii." The man stated matter-of-factly. "Thank you," Grimmar started to say, when the reality hit him "LOSER! Who are you calling a loser? I haven't even fought in this tournament and already people are calling me names!!" The cowardly gnome guide that was standing beside Grimmar at this point quickly darted his glance left and right as if he was looking for a place to hide to avoid the inevitable torrent of words...he was getting tired of all the yelling; the dwarf was on edge, which was bad for his mood. "I'm sorry sir," the man behind the desk stated, "but, it seems as if you have been brough in as a substitute in our grand tournament. Since you were not among the original entrants, you have no choice but to settle for the loser's bracket. It is still good for second place, and the rewards are still quite considerable. Now do you want in or not?" The man's calm demeanor showed that he had dealt with types like Grimmar before and was not shaken at all. "Well, I guess so, only if the combat is any good."

"Don't worry sir, I'm sure that you won't be dissapointed." And with that, the room, the man and the annoying gnome faded away...

About thirty seconds into his new area, Grimmar was already pissed off. Not only did he notice that the arena he was in was boring, but he had almost been knocked off his feet when the pillars that formed the edges of the arena came rumbling up through the earth. Seriously, Grimmar hated surprises, unless they were sprung by him. He'd been burned one too many times in his blacksmithing days by idiots that though it was funny that...

Movement across the arena caught his attention; it was just a moderate stirring, but enough to be seen. An elf, sitting on the ground about 60 feet away had noticed his approach and turned to look at him, but then looked down again as if just dismissing the noise of his approach as something else. Grimmar strode to the middle of the makeshift arena, four black pillars arranged in a square in the middle of some windswept plains, grabbed his mace and shield and saluted the elf by holding it aloft, as was his tradition.

"Ho there elf, are you my opponent in this rather dull arena?"

(finally, long-winded intro complete!)
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

Location: IN THE NAVY!! Yes you sail the seven seas! IN THE NAVY!! Yes you can put your mind at ease!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyzrk was in a peaceful, great mood. She stared off into the endless plains like there was nothing to worry about. Other then these gimongously tall pillars, but she didn't know what the hell these were for. Whether these will be useful for battle or not, Tyzrk was doubtful about them. She was about to give out a quiet yawn when she was interrupted by someone's greeting. She looked over to see a dwarf standing in the distance. Huh, so she did hear something. Tyzrk stood up, and respected the man's salute, it showed that he was in for a fair fight. The elf smiled, and slowly bowed to show her appreciation.

"It would appear so," Tyzrk started, "what with us being the only living souls around... I thank you for not trying to hit me while I wasn't paying attention. I'm actually in a very good mood right now. I'm not sure about you, but these last few days have been quite fortunate for me. Anyway, my name is Tyzrk. I've been caught short on weaponry; I own bows more powerful then this. You know that feeling too, huh? The weapons in this tournament kinda... You know, suck."

She then caught on the words, "Dull area" from the dwarf. She looked around. While it definitely looked peaceful, it was actually very dull. Apart from those four quite thin pillars, there were no good hiding places for this archer to run and shoot from. This was an advantage for the dwarf, who, at first inspection, looks like a warrior. However, Tyzrk thought that she might be faster then this guy. She would be able to beat him in a track race, hands down. If only the tournament would settle to be a peaceful gathering, like a track race. Tyzrk would be very good at that, of course. Then again, if she raced against Jaedin, all she'd had to do is blink, and it's all over.

Speaking of blinking, Tyzrk blinked into reality again, looking at the dwarf. She then eyed at her two wooden daggers. She thought of them as useless; for now, at least. That weapon he has, and especially his shield, would impair their uses. But Tyzrk was doubtful about the bow to. Who knew, though; maybe lady luck and lady victory would be on her side. Whatever the odds, Tyzrk was still forced and intrigued to try. Warrior types have always caused the most trouble for her. Whether it may be rogues, mages, or even other archers, warriors were the most painful. At least the other ones tried to get back for space as well. Warriors are nonstop in-your-face action. Now was the time the elven ranger regretted not taking along her Bladed Bow. Rather, she regretted having her weapons, her pet, and her Immoralities gone too. Damned this tournament. She just hoped they'll be back after she wins or gets booted out.

For now, Tyzrk sighed and kicked some of the grass near her feet away. A light breeze blew up, still cold as it always is in the early hours. The sky was sort of dark, and foggy. However, the sun should be coming up in a few hours. If the fight were to be dragged on for a few hours. She knew they didn't have that time. She watched as the grass she just kicked out of her sight be blown away by the morning winds, as she turns back to the warrior, drawing her bow. "So, then... I assume we are ready?"

(I really have to compliment your writing style. It is very interesting to read.)

I only put my name and made it sparkly.

Heart broken: March 20th </3
theDINGbat
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon the completion of his greeting, the elven girl stood up and gave a graceful bow that was only befitting one of the eldar race. The movement was smooth, fluid and well coordinated, showing a sence of control and exuding an air of confidence - almost overconfidence. Either way, Grimmar was pleased to see that he had an opponent that was willing to start with the traditional tete e tete of a duel and addressed him in the appropriate fashion for the occassion.

Having formally introduced herself as Tyrzyk and identifying herself as the only opponent for miles around, Grimmar was satisfied that the duelist's code of conduct had been met. As he proceeded to mentally weigh his adversary, he came upon a couple of main features that when put together, added up to nothing but trouble for the dwarf.

Seriously, I have to fight an elf that is a girl...since when did girls do the whole warrior thing around these parts? Not that I'm chauvanistic...OK, so I am, but seriously...bah... A bloomin' elf. What the heck have I gotten myself into? Those pansies just do a lot of jumping around and seem to have no thirst or ability for trading blows. "Go and see the world Grimmar" they said, "now that you're alive again, you should live a little!" Bah! I go and spread my boundaries a bit and what do I get - a tournament bout against a girl that just happens to be an elf. Great...just great. Note to self: give Terrence a good smack upside the head the next time he suggests something that references my resurrection.

Either way, it seemed like the elf was waiting for Grimmar to make the first move. So, whether or not, this was going to be yet another match with a fairy that dodged around all day, he was obliged to kick things off. As he drew breath to make his final remarks before attacking, he noticed one more thing about the elf - she was carrying a bow.

Another ranged fighter...great, just great...so much for the "good combat" the tournament clerk offered me. Well, let's see if I can score one for the tough guys.

With that, Grimmar looked at the elf and stated flatly. Well, it might be flair and style that you're looking for, but personally, I'm all substance. These weapons, although they are of lower quality than I am used to, are quite suitable for the task at hand. Let it be known when we are through, that you have faced Grimmar, speaker of Shrueston, in honorable combat.

And with that, Grimmar opened with what had become a trademark opening move, not really stylish at all, but was usually more than enough to get things moving downhill in a hurry. He raised his shield to a ready position, hefted his club and ran at full speed towards the elf. He hoped to bash her full across the knees from the front to lessen her mobility, if not immobilizing her all together. Since speed was not his strong point, this attack was designed to make sure that it wasn't his opponent's strong point either.

As the dwarf came dashing across the open fields, yelling at the top of his lungs solely for intimidation purposes, many questions about the result of this combat were posed in the realms of possibility. However, there was one certainty.

The combat had begun.
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyzrk found herself in a mess just as the battle began. After the dwarf formally introduced himself, as Grimmar Tyzrk caught, he immediately went for a dash at her, mace and shield outward. It seemed that at this point there was not much Tyzrk could do other then turn tail and cowardly flee. BUT, Tyzrk this time was forced to put her head into play, and think about something. Running around in this field forever would seem to be quite an uneventful show for the higher powers. And so, Tyzrk closed her eyes as she listened to the footsteps of the dwarf. The elven girl quickly found of a plan to get through Grimmar's defense, but it would mean drastic measures. She thought of how far she could jump, and how high, and how fast Grimmar seemed to be going. She wondered if that was how fast the dwarf can go. If he was running at his fastest, it might be hard to immediately stop; he would have to sort of halt into a stop. That made Tyzrk's plan.

She opened her eyes, and started to watch Grimmar as he charged, taking careful note of how his feet move. Then, when the two were about fifteen meters apart, and when the dwarf was coming in for the impact, Tyzrk quickly bent her knees, and before the dwarf could get his weapon to go for it's target, she flipped as high as she possibly could, taking note to go airborne right when Grimmar's foot landed on the ground. She flipped over him, making about three revolutions as she was aimed for behind the dwarf right when she would land. As she flipped, with longbow in the left hand, she got her right hand and took one of her wooden daggers out of her sheathe, and landed just about three meters away from Grimmar's back. If he was caught off guard and tried to screech into a stop, he would be caught unprepared for Tyzrk's attack.

Tyzrk landed with her right knee bent upward, parallel to her side, and her left leg extended outward. Not only did this make little Tyzrk feel like a Ninja, this helped her momentum for her next jump, which was timed accurately one and a half seconds after she landed. She used her right leg for power to jump off, and her left leg's position helped spinning her in the middle of the jump, which she needed to face the dwarf's back. "Hmm... A shield. To those who are dependent on range, that could be trouble," she mumbled, as she landed and raised her right hand. The dagger was held downward, and was quickly shoved towards the dwarf's left deltoid. If Tyzrk was fast enough, this whole move would be done without Grimmar even turning around yet, recovering from stopping and trying to turn around. This whole move made Tyzrk feel like a Ninja, jumping over someone and taking them in the back. As insurance to this move, Tyzrk held her longbow in her left hand, just in case something would go wrong.

(Damnit. Late, and a weaksause post. Sorry. >.<)

theDINGbat
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Grimmar ran at the elf that he now knew to be named Tyzrk, he knew that if the elf would just stay still, the fight would be over in a hurry. However, when there are pride and prizes on the line, your opponent would rarely every roll over and take the fall that easily. For that reason, when Grimmar saw the elf girl bend her knees a split second before going airborne, the dwarf began to slow down.

It seemingly was a common tactic among those who fought the slower, tougher dwarf to go to the air and frankly, Grimmar was getting tired of it. Due to the fact that it had happened to him so often, he was getting used to defending against airborne defenders. In most cases, those who jumped over or at him did it to try and throw him off; rarely did they ever mount an effective attack. Those who did, often found themselves foiled because after all, if your feet aren't on the ground any more, you can't change your direction. Stability was key in battle - and it was time to teach the flying elf that very lesson.

Once Tyzrk had gone airborne, she virtually disappeared from Grimmar's sight. Taking a quick glance upward, he noticed that she was sailing over top of him, aiming to land behind him. Grimmar was still slowing down as the elf bounded off the ground again, lunging for Grimmar's mace arm in the shoulder area. As he planted his left foot in the ground, the dwarf used his remaining momentum to pull into a backwards spin and backhand the elf with his shield. Unfortunately for Tyzrk, that backhand had a shield attached to it. A shield that is rather difficult to avoid while you are airborne.
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyzrk landed on her feet, and quickly jumped, spinning sort of. Her original plan was to strike the wooden dagger at Grimmar's shield-arm, but instead, he stopped in his tracks, and performed a backhand with his shield as he heard Tyzrk's ascent. The elven girl was not really surprised by this comeback. While it was something she did not expect, it would have been something someone would not just sit down and allow to happen. And because this shield had pretty little spikes in the center, and around the edges as well, Tyzrk couldn't allow any of the spikes to hit her. Because she already had her arm anticipating a stabbing motion once she landed, she used that intention, but to try and assault the shield instead. Of course, the shield would overpower it, in size and force, but she needed it as sort of a support to escape this attack. Her form and procedure for this plan would be weird, but this spaz ranger would need every second of it.

In midair, she quickly swung her arm in a strange almost half-circular motion, so that her arm would come out of her side, and into the air, striking towards the shield. With her natural dexterity and aim talents, she was able to pinpoint exactly where the dagger would need to hit. She hit about five centimeters away from the center spike on the shield, as that is not only avoiding the spike, but it is also a strong point in the power support of the shield, having a warrior's hand behind it. This would help her support. But of course, she couldn't let it stay there long. A warrior's left hand attacking her with a backhand with a shield would seriously overpower a ranger's strong hand striking with a dagger. And so, she had to use as much force as she could, most of which stored up when Tyzrk actually struck the shield, due to recoil. Pushing as hard as her body allowed, she used her hand to make the dagger sort of slide across the shield. This marked her descent. When she could finally hit the ground, which was when the dagger was almost at a corner of the shield, she quickly drew back her arm, and pushed her heels into the ground, jumping backwards in a rather quick fashion.

Tyzrk decided to go into far-ranged combat now, starting to rely on her bow and arrow. Though the longbow she was given was lower quality then she was more used to, this would have to do. With her dagger in her right hand, and her bow in her left, she was going to have to put away the dagger, and grab an arrow. Her right hand moved to her left waist, putting the dagger away on her belt of cloth. Simultaneously, her left arm went over her shoulder, behind her head, and reached for an arrow. Once the dagger was tucked away, and her hand clutched an arrow, she swiftly retreated her arms back to their normal position, almost making a circle with her arms as she soon moved her arms outward, stretched and parallel to the ground. Tyzrk placed her arms before her, her right hand taking the arrow in the indent between her index and middle finger. She grabbed onto the string of the bow, and slowly started to pull back, wondering why DDR was trying to stretch this move out so much. Before pulling it back too far, she left her weapon in a barely 'knocked' position while she looked up to see what the warrior was doing. She doubted he just stood there and glared at her, with his mouth opened and drooling. Though that would have been pretty nice to see, Tyzrk thought that he might have had other plans; possibly ambushing the poor girl. She would probably have to delay her assault and dodge one of his attacks before performing her own. Her ears twitched, her eyes fixed, her senses and muscles all ready.

theDINGbat
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it shouldn't have surprised Grimmar by now, he was still a bit in shock when yet another person...erm...elf, managed to figure out how to to avoid a shield slamming at them while in midair. However, this was definitely one of the more creative ones. As he was twisting around trying to bring a decent amount of pain to his elvish opponent, she managed to redirect her dagger to slide across the shield and push herself off of the metal implement. Essentially, what happened was that the force of the dwarven shield slam pushed her away in a rather nimble move of agile proportions. However, her "jump back" technique propelled her backwards enough to create a bit of space between the combatants, but not nearly enough to make it a problem for Grimmar's close combat fighting style.

Once the dwarf brought his feet back under him as the momentum finally came to a halt, he looked up and saw Tyzrk stash her dagger into her belt, switching the knife for a more suitable weapon for her fighting style. Due to the fact that she was a ranger and not an assassin, the elf produced a rather crudely fashioned longbow - functional, but definitely not as ornate or solid looking as the weapons that Grimmar had seen around the world of DI. As the dwarf stood there for a split second contemplating his next move, he noticed a small trickle of drool escape from his mouth. Pull yourself together man! It's only a stupid bounding elf - you can beat this wimp...

Lining up the distance between the two, Grimmar decided that the distance between the two of them was no more than a yard and a half - three good strides should cover the distance between the tournament foes. So, without giving away too much about what his attack was going to be, Grimmar took the strides needed to close the gap between the two of them. On the first, he gained his speed and began to swing his arms naturally. Step two raised his shield, keeping the edge at a 45 degree angle to the ground and the third completed a sweeping motion where his shield edge sliced down from Tyzrk's left shoulder across her body. Should the elf attempt to jump, the draw of the shield would still trace a line across her body and should she decide to stand still, things wouldn't be pretty either.
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the elven girl stood there with her bow nocked (It took me from when I came here to DI to right now to find out it was nock, not knock.) she glared at the warrior, who seemed to be glaring back. How undramatic. Tyzrk then noticed Grimmar moving his eyes ever so slowly towards the ground, determining the distance between them. He was obviously thinking of a plan, and as most knew, warriors are very picky on their distance with the opponent. She would be too if all she had were a pointy shield and a rock on a stick. And as all warriors were paranoid of their range, they are also very freakishly stubborn. These guys don't know when to quit; but apparently, it is likewise with Tyzrk. This trait of hers showed when Grimmar started quick steps up to Tyzrk's personal space. As soon as he started his feet, Tyzrk took her arrow within the first joints of her right index and middle fingers, and out of the bow, which was in her left. He raised his shield across his chest, and over his shoulder, ready to slice with the shield. The elven girl knew that he would try for a diagonal attack, which she could tell from his stance, and the position of his hand. She smirked as she leaned forward a slight bit, bending her knees.

With almost a devilish grin on her face, she leapt forward almost like a tiger would. Her body was straight, but her arms were right out in front of her. But she didn't jump towards the warrior; that would be more then suicide. Instead, she aimed the jump to go to the right of Grimmar. Because he had his shield over his right shoulder, so that when he would slash diagonally, it would go to Tyzrk's left, and down. Because of this, jumping down to his right would strategically avoid the assault before it even began. She jumped as close to the ground as possible, trying to not get into any of the shield's path. However, she went just a bit too high, and when he forced his shield down upon her, she took a minor cut to her left bicep. A light gasp was heard and Tyzrk's eyes tensed as she continued her jump away from the main attack. She noticed she was going towards the ground, like a true tiger's jump. Quickly, she adjusted the arrow and the bow's bodies into her palm, so that she could easily hold them by folding her thumb towards her palm. It hurt a bit, but this would help her recovery maneuver.

Tyzrk leaned her right shoulder forward as much as she could, stretching out her right arm. She landed on the front of the knuckles, almost having the arrow leave an indent on her hand, and used the strength in her arm to try and bend the elbow while having the left hand hit the ground. They both clutched the grass as hard as they could, and in a few seconds, she pushed off the ground to flip herself off the ground. Feeling the wind split on her body as she twisted in midair, she landed and stood still while letting her vision stop spinning. That jump made some good distance; a few meters were made just from the tiger leap she used. She looked at her left arm. The small wound made by a spike on the shield had started to bleed a little. The pain was rather annoying her, just by looking at it. Her ears twitched, although she thought that the warrior might not have caught that. She looked back at Grimmar, biting her tongue with closed lips. Now was time for her offensive.

Tyzrk regained her full posture, with her left leg and shoulder pointing towards Grimmar, and the right side opposite. "A little hyperactive, are we?" said the hypocritical elf, lightly hopping in place twice. She lifted her arms, having the bow and arrow relatively close together. Tyzrk then noticed that there was a cold, wet, patch of grass in either of her hands, which was grasped when she tried to flip herself up. She shook her arms for a few seconds, getting whatever morning grass and dew off her hands before she nocked the arrow once more. How undramatic. Before any other move, Tyzrk moved her right thumb over her index finger, which was now flexed, and pointing straight forward. She pressed her thumb into the finger's phalanges, cracking a joint with a loud 'pop!' The ranger exhaled, then pulled the string of the bow. She aimed at Grimmar's forward-most leg, and pulled back to the point where her bow was lightly shaken in the amount of force stored. Then, for a split second, Tyzrk's pupils shined a bright yellow, glaring right into the arrow. And as if it were some magical spirit, another arrow materialized out of nowhere, and took it's place beside the first arrow. She held both arrows, having them almost in a sideways 'V' position from her indents. "It wouldn't hurt to throw a potshot..." Tyzrk thought to herself as she fired the arrows, one at the warrior's left leg, the other towards his right pectoralis. The shield wasn't big enough to deflect both at once, Tyzrk predicted. And with that, she watched what the warrior would do, ready to take any sort of necessary action later.

(Double Blow: 3 more uses)

theDINGbat
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerk?I?ll wipe that stupid smirk of your face yet.

Apparently, Grimmar was slower than he thought when it came to deciding what to do with his last maneuver because the elf read it all over his face and taunted him accordingly with what he came to see as rather hypocritical insult, considering that the elf was caught out of her league. The defensive technique that she used was tried and true; get out of the way. It doesn?t get much more simple than that. She saw that his shield was raised to contact her on the left shoulder by the manner that he raised his shield. Tyzrk avoided the blow simply enough by moving to the place that the shield would not be ? right below his arm. With a quick duck and a follow through step, she nimbly found herself on Grimmar?s six and made the taunt that had definitely darkened the dwarf?s already cloudy demeanor. He was glad that the elf was willing to bob and weave and go at close combat; it was a luxury that he had rarely been given as of late since everyone was afraid of his mace?or in this case, club. Normally, he would not stoop to using such shoddy workmanship, but the gnome?s ?regulations? stated that he was not allowed to use the mace he was eyeing due to the value of the shield that he had already selected.

As he turned to face his opponent, he realized that she no longer had one arrow on her string, but two. She must have made the switch while I wasn?t looking?at least she has the honor not to just shoot me in the back. Both of the arrows were in a nocked position and with little fanfare, she drew her doubly-loaded bow and loosed the arrows towards Grimmar. Due to the fact that the elf decided to take an extra couple of steps to increase the gap between the two of them, he was able to make an evasive maneuver in a much easier fashion. It also didn?t hurt that the arrows were flying slower than they would normally, due to the fact that they were both on a string that was normally loaded with one.

The archer had put a tilt into the shot of her bow, giving the arrows two completely different targets on Grimmar?s body; one going to the legs and the other going towards his shield. She must have decided that it was impossible to block both with my shield. That?s not the only way? So Grimmar decided that he would take a page out of the elf?s own book of tricks ? he got out of the way. Since he was still standing square to the elf when she shot, he took a strafing step over to his right to allow the arrow that was flying towards his leg to miss. With his right arm, the dwarf raised his shield and with a satisfying clink, the arrow fell to the ground.

Without further ado, Grimmar launched his own attack back at the elf, this time leaving little time for thought so that she wouldn?t be able to get at him mentally. In the space it took him to take three steps, the dwarf was at a full running pace, both hands on his club [shieldsmith], with his club hanging off to the side, making like he was going to swing in an upwards motion straight up the middle. However, this was not the case ? he wanted to knock the wind out of her, not disembowel her. So, instead of making the expected swing, he lowered his left shoulder into her at the last second, attempting to knock her into the ground.
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyzrk watched as the warrior easily dodged the two arrows, just about as easily as she dodged his. He then made a stance that struck to her as awkward. He held his shield in both hands, with his weapon off to the side somehow. He raised his arms over his head, and charged. Tyzrk knew he was going to try to crush her head or something of the like with the spikes on his shield augmenting the strike. This gave our little elven girl an idea. As he took his first step forward, as she predicted he only needed three or four, she threw her longbow behind her, and into the sky. She gave it more height and distance, so that it would go towards the rising sun. When Grimmer was to come near enough, Tyzrk was to jump back, then flip into the sky, drawing an arrow and catching her bow mid-flight. Before he had a chance to react, she would shoot him. However, the fate of Charmelia thought different. As Grimmar took his second step, her muscles tensed. His third, she gave a quick jump backwards, her knees bent and forward-most towards Grimmar. He then switched his position, making an entirely different attack take place.

He placed the shield in front of him, and charged at her! Once again, being airborne was not good at this point. She quickly straightened her knees, having her heels dig into the ground. Now she was on the ground, but her sense of balance just went gone. She shook a bit in hopes of regaining her posture, but instead fell backwards. What was worse then being barged with with a shield? Being trampled with the warrior that was carrying it. So before she actually hit the ground, her arms went backwards, having her open palms catch her. But there was still the matter of the warrior! Another plan popped into Tyzrk's head. Hopefully it wasn't as stupid as the previous one. The spikes were only around the shield's edges, and one big one directly in the center. And so, Tyzrk lifted both her feet once Grimmar had gotten too close, and her feet shoved forward to either sides of the shield, completely missing the center spike. As the two forces crashed, Tyzrk knew she would be stable for long. With a last push, Tyzrk's legs flew a half circle over Tyzrk's arms, holding on to the ground. When her legs reached the ground, Tyzrk desperately jumped high into the air, to dodge the rest of Grimmar's attack.

She waved her hands quickly together, flinging off the sordid soil in her hands. As she started to descend, she felt something hard hit her head. Before it could get out of reach, Tyzrk used her right hand to nab it. It was her longbow! Curse her horrible short term memory. She knew she had something missing. When she landed, which was pinpointed about several meters away from Grimmar to his right, Tyzrk felt sort of a shock in her legs. That pressure given when she was kicking the shield hurt her legs a bit. It was just a bit of a shock though; she could recover before Grimmar would be of a threat again. For now, she rubbed her head a bit, and noticed the wound on her right arm when she dodged Grimmar's shield the first time was not bleeding anymore. She quickly wiped the remainder of the blood off her arm, and noticed some of it got onto her clothes. She sighed. It will be alright, though she would have to go and clean this up later. For now, whatever blood is shed is that person's loss. She reached back for another arrow, ready for the next move...

theDINGbat
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why. Oh why...what the heck is with these crazy elves? How come they can all flip around like blooming pixies?!? I hate pixies...

Grimmar was getting mad, the entire world seemed to be more graceful and coordinated than he was. Although he already knew that, it always sucked when the world let you know loud and clear. It was like getting slapped across the face. Twice. Few things made Grimmar more pissed than getting reminded of his own shortcomings again and again. Take the current battle for example - Tyzrk was a veritable snake when it came to avoidance. Whether it was pushing off Grimmar's shield with a dagger, her feet or making a jump that was right out of grade school "leap-frog", there seemed to be no real way to pin her down for some serious damage. At least he managed to keep her in the grips of close combat, getting shot at was a really annoying way to spend an afternoon.

Now that the elf girl had finished flipping off of his shield again in a convoluted series of handsprings and jumps, the tournament foes found themselves roughly the same distance apart, staring at one another and breathing heavily, almost in a comical sense. All of this and not much had happened. While Tyzrk was expecting a close combat fight and Grimmar had delivered, the dwarf figured that it was his turn to change things up a bit. After all she was just standing there, waiting for him to charge her again...

Since the elf was now growing accustomed to seeing "unusual" stances from the dwarf, he figured that he'd toss another one in...quite literally, in fact. Grimmar took two jogging speed steps towards Tyzrk. On the first step he let the shield slide down his arm so that the edge of the shield was grabbed by his hand. The second step saw him heave back and deliver the shield towards the elf's midsection. [shield toss, 2x remaining]

Let's see her bounce around that one...
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyzrk had just flipped off a warrior's shield. She felt pretty accomplished. Though her job was not done, the warrior was not going to give up his chances with close range, or his offense. He gave Tyzrk very little of a breather, as he charged towards her once again. She wanted a break, man. She got bonked in the head with her own bow, and had a cut from earlier. And what did Grimmar have? A completely untouched bod. That gave Tyzrk an idea. While she is on the defensive, she needs to get as much offense as he does. Just because she's up close to him doesn't mean that arrows would be harder to shoot. In face, arrows up close would probably be harder to dodge. Once he would come up close, then she would fire into his chest or something. But that wasn't the case. Instead, after two build up paces, he threw his shield, in what seemed like a boomerang shot towards her stomach area.

Taking quick action, Tyzrk looked at the ground. Well, she already got her hands into it, she might as well jump in and have fun. Tyzrk jumped straight in the air a good half meter. She kicked her feet back while having her head face forward, so she would basically belly flop the ground. Luckily, her arms were out to catch her fall. Once she felt the ground in her hands once again, she bent her elbows, so that her body would be completely flat on the ground. She put her left arm out in front of her, still resting on the ground. Her bow was placed an exact 180 degrees on front of her face, making sort of a "T" with her body and bow. Quickly drawing an arrow, she loaded the bow while it was sideways, almost giving it a crossbow feeling. The shield flew over her harmlessly, she felt a strong wind as it came past. That was quite a throw he gave off; if it were to hit her, she didn't know what would happen. She pulled back so much that her wrist almost came in contact with her nose, and she aimed for Grimmar's stomach, lifted her left elbow up a bit to give it an angle. She fired, having the arrow sail back with the spiked shield back at Grimmar. Being not as close as Grimmar should have been, Tyzrk was still satisfied about how fast the arrow was going, and especially how close it is to him as it took off.

(This post seriously took 8 minutes.)

theDINGbat
Can't wait for MWO
Can't wait for MWO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, deja vu...

Seeing the elven ranger hit the dirt to avoid his blow gave the dwarf a flashback of a recent battle in which he spent a large amount of time in the dirt avoiding the attacks of his opponent. He had tried it, so he definitely wasn't about to knock the girl's use of a dependable technique. However, what was even more admirable about the way in which she avoided the spinning shield was the way in which she used it to set up her next attack.

As she lay there in the dirt, Tyzrk drew her bow and shot an arrow at him using a crossbow-inspired, odd-angle technique. He had never seen anything like it before in his life. In fact, this battle was home to a lot of firsts, including watching an elf fight like a ninja and seeing a ranged combatant willing to mix it up in close combat. But there was no time to reminisce; the battle wasn't over just yet...

There was still the small matter of the arrow to be decided.

The elf had managed to make her shot in perfect timing with the boomeranging effect of Grimmar's shield. This meant that the arrow was coming up at the dwarf at the same pace as the shield was coming back at him for retrieval. He definitely didn't want to step out of the way and risk losing the shield for a while since it was the vanguard of his defense and in some cases, his offence as well. The upwards angle of the arrow made it difficult to decide exactly where the arrow was headed.

Grimmar gritted his teeth in anticipation of what he was about to do; if he were to reach his arms out to accept the shield and cut down the distance between the two without affecting the distance between him and the arrow, it might give him an instant to react. In short, he was going to stretch out his arms and hope for the best. Taking a calculated risk, the dwarf cautiously stretched his arms in front of him and reached out to cradle the incoming shield. Time seemed to slow down as the shield reached his hands and the force of cradling the disc gently nudged his torso backwards, his arms being bent at a 45-degree angle.

Unfortunately, bending his arms meant that they would be the recipient of some pain. Thankfully, catching the shield meant that his stomach, the original target, had moved. Not-so-thankfully, his arms took it's spot. The arrow made a sizable graze in Grimmar's left tricep, leaving it to happily bleed all over the place...

As the dwarf abandoned the shield to grab his arm with his other hand, he realized that there was a deep rumbling sound as the ground began to shake and blue energy crackled along the faces of the pillars that stood as sentinels over the duel. A translucent blue field phased in and out between the pillars, cracking with each appearance, until they finally held firm. Astonished at the sudden turn of events, he realized that his arm had stopped bleeding as well. Although the dry blood still stained his right hand, he removed it to find no signs of the arrow's wound at all.

Grimmar stood there confused, throwing glances at his surroundings and once in a while at Tyzrk, just in case she wanted to try something crazy. Then that ubiquitous voice that haunts tournaments all over DI spoke in a booming voice...

(DDR and I agreed to write a two-post ending. While this kind of elaborateness is normally reserved for longer battles...we figured, why not? So, this is my half...)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Maganic Wars Forum Index -> DI Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: